PDA

View Full Version : Leveraging the Tea Party

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:05 AM
I brought this up in another thread, but since I sort of hijacked that thread I thought I would do the right thing, leave it alone and start a separate thread...

I have what I think is a great idea to heavily leverage the publicity we are certain to get from the tea party and to send a clear message at the same time.

There had been some discussion of getting additional publicity for the tea party by actually dumping some tea into the harbor, but this was quickly rejected because of possible legal problems.

But there is nothing that can be ignored, negatively spun or seen as illegal or seditious about mailing perfectly harmless, ordinary tea bags to every Congressman in Washington! LOTS AND LOTS OF TEA BAGS!! Tea bags are cheap, postage is cheap, and there are an awful lot of Ron Paul supporters.

This would significantly increase the MSM coverage of the tea party, not to mention give us a handy little theme for future leverage (the tea bag).

Since Congress will probably be out of session by the 16th (not sure), we could send tea to their State offices instead and save a bit on postage.
While we are at it, we shouldn't miss the opportunity to send some tea to the modern day King George and his minion Cheney, and maybe a ton or two to the IRS.

What say guys??

Follow up idea... To head off possible problems and make sure the point is made even if they don't want to see it, maybe we could send the tea bags in some kind of transparent containers.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 01:09 AM
How about tea bags sent to EVERY media outlet as well. Not just the national offices of ABCBSCNNBCFOX, but every local and national paper, every radio station, etc. to try to get the story picked up EVERYWHERE on the 17th.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 01:11 AM
That is ABSOLUTELY BRILLANT, and CHEAP!!!

I do hereby proclaim December 10th as MAIL SOME TEA PARTY!!!!!

The Tea should get there just in time and it will add to the TeaParty's succuss!!!

logolepsy
12-01-2007, 01:13 AM
I love this. What a fantastic idea!

ronnied
12-01-2007, 01:14 AM
The only problem that I see is that they might be seen as some sort of chemical agent, and cause a bit of panic.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:15 AM
How about tea bags sent to EVERY media outlet as well. Not just the national offices of ABCBSCNNBCFOX, but every local and national paper, every radio station, etc. to try to get the story picked up EVERYWHERE on the 17th.

I don't think so. I think it would dilute the message. We need to target the tea bags specifically at the modern day King George and his minions (Congress).

Benaiah
12-01-2007, 01:16 AM
//

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:16 AM
The only problem that I see is that they might be seen as some sort of chemical agent, and cause a bit of panic.

Probably not. It's not like we can keep any secrets here on this forum. The bad guys will know we're going to do it long before we do and they'll just look really stupid if they try an "Oh it might be anthrax" gag on us.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 01:20 AM
I see your point. Maybe we can send a print announcing the tea party to every media outlet, to sort of prime local and national media's attention, along with the sending the bags of tea to George W. and the Congress?

davidkachel
That is ABSOLUTELY BRILLANT, and CHEAP!!!

I do hereby proclaim December 10th as MAIL SOME TEA PARTY!!!!!

The Tea should get there just in time and it will add to the TeaParty's succuss!!!

We could each ask our local post office on what day to mail them to have the greatest likelihood of arriving on the 16th. Remember it's the holidays so it will take longer.

Mark37snj
Start a new thread and run with it. Give it a catchy title, I suggest:

December 10th MAIL SOME TEA PARTY! :D

paulgirl
12-01-2007, 01:21 AM
At least this will be way cheaper than the send-a-brick campaign that I participated in (to protest illegal immigration). My brick cost $2 and postage was over $10.

IMO, this kind of thing works best if you target a few people, rather than anyone in Washington. Each person getting a few hundred teabags, not a big deal. A few people getting thousands, or tens of thousands--so many that their staffers are doing nothing but opening tea letters-- now thats news.

john_anderson_ii
How hilarious. Great minds think alike. A "tea party" like this was the very first thing I suggested on this board.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12707

Mark37snj
We could each ask our local post office on what day to mail them to have the greatest likelihood of arriving on the 16th. Remember it's the holidays so it will take longer.

Good Point

davidkachel
I see your point. Maybe we can send a print announcing the tea party to every media outlet, to sort of prime local and national media's attention, along with the sending the bags of tea to George W. and the Congress?

I think it would probably be best to alert the media on the morning of the 16th, though since they read these threads...

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:24 AM
At least this will be way cheaper than the send-a-brick campaign that I participated in (to protest illegal immigration). My brick cost $2 and postage was over $10.

IMO, this kind of thing works best if you target a few people, rather than anyone in Washington. Each person getting a few hundred teabags, not a big deal. A few people getting thousands, or tens of thousands--so many that their staffers are doing nothing but opening tea letters-- now thats news.

Ahem, there are 450+ members of Congress and two snakes, er, um, fine fellows in the white house. How many tens of thousands of RP supporters are there?

I think we can afford enough tea for everyone to have a lifetime supply, don't you? GRIN

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 01:25 AM
We are gona have to move fast, it they report on it before the TeaParty it will also PROMOTE the TeaParty!!! We need to get a final list of people/companies we are sending them to.

paulgirl
12-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Why don't we just send all of the tea to Bernanke :D

or just the Senate finance committee

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 01:27 AM
I think it would probably be best to alert the media on the morning of the 16th, though since they read these threads...

I know the national media looks in on all these threads, but there still is a ton of people around the country who haven't heard of Ron Paul, or heard of him enough, and their local paper/radio covering a story could really help. And I think email bombing people is not that effective as someone receiving a message in the mail, like a local paper getting a print announcing a tea party, and then on the 16th, with all the media attention, they may be more likely to write a story on Paul or run a wire story in their publication.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:27 AM
How hilarious. Great minds think alike. A "tea party" like this was the very first thing I suggested on this board.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12707

So I see. Great. Just one difference. You wanted to send them each one tea bag. Let's send them half of China!

paulgirl
12-01-2007, 01:29 AM
dang, now we have to buy more stuff from China to promote our tea party.

can we get the lead-tainted brand? j/k

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 01:29 AM
List: add to it...
450+ member of Congress
All major TV and Cable News agencies
All major newspapers
All talk radio shows
All major internet sites/blogs
Other political organizations

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 01:30 AM
So I see. Great. Just one difference. You wanted to send them each one tea bag. Let's send them half of China!

I was just getting started back then, I wasn't thinking big enough. :D That was back when we thought $500,000 online in a week was impossible.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:30 AM
I know the national media looks in on all these threads, but there still is a ton of people around the country who haven't heard of Ron Paul, or heard of him enough, and their local paper/radio covering a story could really help. And I think email bombing people is not that effective as someone receiving a message in the mail, like a local paper getting a print announcing a tea party, and then on the 16th, with all the media attention, they may be more likely to write a story on Paul or run a wire story in their publication.

You may have a point. Maybe several days of tea arrivals leading up to the 16th would be more effective... opinions?

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:32 AM
List: add to it...
450+ member of Congress
All major TV and Cable News agencies
All major newspapers
All talk radio shows
All major internet sites/blogs
Other political organizations

No. Don't dilute the message or people will get confused. Just Congress, King George and Prince Cheney. Nobody else.

We just send announcements to everyone else.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:33 AM
I was just getting started back then, I wasn't thinking big enough. :D That was back when we thought $500,000 online in a week was impossible.

Well, the tea party hadn't been planned yet then either so my "larger" idea wouldn't have made much sense at the time.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 01:33 AM

What other country can you get tea? Is there a particular brand so we can boycott China? I'd hate to send Cafferty a box of his favorite tea only to be laced with lead. No, really, Cafferty is AWSOME!!!

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 01:34 AM
We are basically all in with the Tea Party anyway. I think building up the buzz on this story with media can only help us. Lets have all of DC and everyone in the media wondering, can Paul do it? Can his rEVOLution have the biggest grassroots support day of all time?

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 01:34 AM
No. Don't dilute the message or people will get confused. Just Congress, King George and Prince Cheney. Nobody else.

I kind of like the send them to Bernake idea.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:35 AM
What other country can you get tea? Is there a particular brand so we can boycott China? I'd hate to send Cafferty a box of his favorite tea only to be laced with lead. No, really, Cafferty is AWSOME!!!

India I believe.

paulgirl
12-01-2007, 01:35 AM

even that is way too many. maybe more than 5 people, but over 450 is too many.

actually going to the store and buying something and mailing it is way harder than sitting on your duff doing a credit card donation. on the HUGE donation days there are like 20,000 pledges. Even if all of those people mailed a letter or package, you are only talking a measly 44 per person

Make it targeted and it will be huge. Make it too broad and it will just be dumb.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 01:37 AM

I think having all the media pundits talk about the tea they received would be awsome. So how bout we send to just CNN, FOX, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, just the major ones?

Paul4Prez
12-01-2007, 01:37 AM
The best way to leverage the Tea Party is to remind people to register Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries.

The amount of money raised is going to earn a lot of media attention, and make a lot more people take Ron Paul seriously. We can cash in on that by getting the new supporters to register to vote, and making sure we're all registered.

Anyone who gets a chance to speak to the media about this needs to remind people that if they really want change, they have to vote for it, and they have to be registered to vote.

http://paul4prez.blogspot.com/2007/11/december-is-ron-paul-registration-month.html

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 01:40 AM

actually going to the store and buying something and mailing it is way harder than sitting on your duff doing a credit card donation. on the HUGE donation days there are like 20,000 pledges. Even if all of those people mailed a letter or package, you are only talking a measly 44 per person

Make it targeted and it will be huge. Make it too broad and it will just be dumb.

You can buy a box of 100 tea bags for $10, put a few in an envelope with a Ron Paul card or flyer and mail it with just one stamp. I could send all 450 to congress in one weekend. It wont be that much work.

fez2008
//

davidkachel

You're not viewing it correctly. You don't need to send tea to 450+ people, just the ones for your state! If you live in a big state, then just two Senators and an appropriate handful of Congressmen. Multiply that by a lot of RP supporters, we can get the job done.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 01:41 AM

I see your point, but I don't think it should be so targeted that the media takes it that we only 'blame' a few members of Congress, i.e. we just have a problem with the Speaker, head of Appropriations committee, Bush, and Bernanke.

If this is organized well in the 10 days or so that we have, I think with all the meetup groups we have we can still send a significant amount to every member of Congress and the president.

paulgirl
12-01-2007, 01:42 AM
its not money. I have plenty of money. Its TIME.

There are lots of dedicated supporters, but you are kidding yourself if you think more than a couple of people are going to spend the time putting together 450 letters. ask people to do ONE, send it to Bernanke, and call it good.

AceNZ
12-01-2007, 01:42 AM
With all of the paranoid mail screening, x-raying, etc, I think you'll be lucky if any tea reaches the intended recipients in either the media or the government. It's going to be easier and cheaper for them to throw it away than it would be to test it to make sure it isn't "contaminated". I'm just sayin...

Also, does the tea need to be in bags? Wouldn't bulk tea be as good or better, and it's less expensive per pound.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:43 AM
Another thread here (sending teabags to all legislators)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=504129

Instead of making it negative wouldn't it be good to send teabags and ask them to 'join us for the tea party on dec. 16th?'

Sure. The original Boston tea party members sent a similar message to King George; won't you join us for tea?

C'mon, the idea is protest and rebellion, not join us for a party. These guys aren't your friends. They want to rob you of your liberty. The whole point of the BTP is to poke a stick in their eye.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 01:45 AM
Another thread here (sending teabags to all legislators)
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=504129

Instead of making it negative wouldn't it be good to send teabags and ask them to 'join us for the tea party on dec. 16th?'

I can see your point, it may be better received if it is sort of seen as fun, join in with us. But would that take away from the rEVOLution aspect of it all? They sort of are the analogous East India company we've had enough of.

paulgirl
With all of the paranoid mail screening, x-raying, etc, I think you'll be lucky if any tea reaches the intended recipients in either the media or the government. It's going to be easier and cheaper for them to throw it away than it would be to test it to make sure it isn't "contaminated". I'm just sayin...

Also, does the tea need to be in bags? Wouldn't bulk tea be as good or better, and it's less expensive per pound.

well they got all of those bricks.

And Mayor Villaraigosa got all of those toilet brushes when we sent them. :D

davidkachel
I think having all the media pundits talk about the tea they received would be awsome. So how bout we send to just CNN, FOX, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, just the major ones?

Again, it just dilutes and obfuscates the message. Dumping the tea was a defiance of the King. We are not defying the media. Just Congress and King George.

Stay on target.

paulgirl
12-01-2007, 01:46 AM
Again, it just dilutes and obfuscates the message. Dumping the tea was a defiance of the King. We are not defying the media. Just Congress and King George.

Stay on target.

How 'bout just SENATE and George.

Then the just send them to your state idea would actually work.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 01:47 AM

Im not really expecting them to actuall drink the tea, its meant as a message. Besides we dont really like most of these people and they know that so I doubt they would drink it, not that any of us would bother with that sort of thing. And tea bags would work best I think.

paulgirl
and bernanke :D

Micahyah
I think the grassroots support is wide enough that we only need to ask people to send tea to their congressperson, senators, and bush. That's just 4 letters.

fez2008
12-01-2007, 01:48 AM
//

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:49 AM
its not money. I have plenty of money. Its TIME.

There are lots of dedicated supporters, but you are kidding yourself if you think more than a couple of people are going to spend the time putting together 450 letters. ask people to do ONE, send it to Bernanke, and call it good.

Not 450, just a handful. Your state's Congressman only.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 01:50 AM

Stay on target.

I think your being too literal about this. I don't want to send a message to Congress, they know we dont like them. I want to send a message that will get Ron Paul RATINGS and NEW SUPPORT. :D

Im not trying to hijack your idea, I thought this was being done to promote the TeaParty. The best message to send Washington DC is Ron Paul is going to win!!!

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:51 AM
I know. I know. :) Inviting them still sends the intended message without being offensive. These are all RPs colleagues...

Also the media will have a human interest story if it was positive...

Sending to just 3 or 4 people may not generate any media but send to all legislators and be polite about it... that will definitely get headlines...

The tea is the perfect message. It has 200+ years of history behind it. You're afraid of offending somebody so you want to change the meaning???

First, you're not going to change a 200 year old meaning and second, the IDEA is to offend somebody. Do you want your freedom back or don't you? You ain't gonna get it with "pretty please".

F3d
12-01-2007, 01:52 AM

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 01:53 AM
Not 450, just a handful. Your state's Congressman only.

That would dilute.

We would like to target right? This is the same problem we had last time.....defining a target.....LOL. The more things change, the more they stay same.

I think we should send all the tea to the person who would whine the most about it to the most people.

Someone like Hannity or O'Reilly comes to mind.

fez2008
12-01-2007, 01:54 AM
//

davidkachel
Im not really expecting them to actuall drink the tea, its meant as a message. Besides we dont really like most of these people and they know that so I doubt they would drink it, not that any of us would bother with that sort of thing. And tea bags would work best I think.

If you send bulk tea, some government jackass will try to derail the message by claiming they had to examine it to see if it was drugs or explosives. It has to be tea bags so they look plainly stupid if they make any silly claims.

paulgirl
Let people write whatever message they want, in true Ron Paul grassroots fashion. then you can stop arguing over it.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 01:55 AM
I think your being too literal about this. I don't want to send a message to Congress, they know we dont like them. I want to send a message that will get Ron Paul RATINGS and NEW SUPPORT. :D

I think if we send a nice print to all the major news media announcing the tea party, we can get their attention to start covering the story. They'll run the story when the Congressmen and women start getting bags of tea.

I think we should just tell meetup groups to tell people to send 5 letters:

Bush
Congressperson
Senators for their state
Bernanke.

I think it will help people get even more pumped about donating on the 16th, and it won't take that long or cost that much for each person.

john_anderson_ii
If you send bulk tea, some government jackass will try to derail the message by claiming they had to examine it to see if it was drugs or explosives. It has to be tea bags so they look plainly stupid if they make any silly claims.

Not only that, but what kind of terrorist or drug dealer would send thousands of envelopes on the same day? Anyone making the "bio-terror" claim would be seen as a complete moron.

paulgirl
That would dilute.

We would like to target right? This is the same problem we had last time.....defining a target.....LOL. The more things change, the more they stay same.

I think we should send all the tea to the person who would whine the most about it to the most people.

They really don't have anything to do with inflation, though. Isn't that what this teaparty is supposedly about? (we all know its really about making RP money and getting press)

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:56 AM
I'm not objecting to the tea part at all. I think this is a brilliant idea. But I'm talking about the message sent along with the tea...

The whole point is to send exactly the same message that was sent 200 years ago. Otherwise, why do it???

The beauty of this is the simplicity. We don't have to do anything but put a lot of tea in boxes and mail them. History will deliver the message for us.

fez2008
12-01-2007, 01:56 AM
//

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 01:58 AM
That would dilute.

AGAIN, the message has to go to the tyrannical rulers. Not the news media. The original BTP participants were not sending a message to the news media!!!

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 01:58 AM

Thats what I said in a previous post, Look UP. Just a few tea bags, a Ron Paul business card, slim jim, or flyer, and it should only cost one stamp each.

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 01:59 AM
They really don't have anything to do with inflation, though. Isn't that what this teaparty is supposedly about? (we all know its really about making RP money and getting press)

Not inflation per se, but taxation without representation.

So it needs to be a person who taxes us, or fails to represent us.......

How about Hillary? Follow with me on this. We are Republicans are we not? We are a little bit radical are we not? The Republican party worries if our support is genuine is it not?

Just an idea.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Let people write whatever message they want, in true Ron Paul grassroots fashion. then you can stop arguing over it.

Don't write ANYTHING. You don't need to. The tea bags ARE the message.
Whatever you write can ONLY serve to confuse the issue. Why attempt to clarify something that is already crystal clear?

The colonists didn't send the King a NOTE along with dumping the tea.

C'mon guys this is simple. The original BTP participants dumped the King's tea in the harbor. We're just dumping it on Congressional desks instead. No notes are required!

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 02:00 AM
IMHO sending 1 tea bag to each legislator will generate more publicity than sending 10,000 to one media personality or any other person.

I agree, Tea is CHEAP, so is a stamp. Why not send them to all of Congress and just the major media?

fez2008
12-01-2007, 02:01 AM
//

paulgirl
12-01-2007, 02:01 AM
Not inflation per se, but taxation without representation.

So it needs to be a person who taxes us, or fails to represent us.......

How about Hillary? Follow with me on this. We are Republicans are we not? We are a little bit radical are we not? The Republican party worries if our support is genuine is it not?

Just an idea.

and she's certainly a WHINER

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 02:02 AM
Lets say we get 5% of meetup members to do this. That's over 3000 people. Or 5% of people pledged to the tea party site, that would be well over a 1000 people.

If each person sends 5 letters:

1 Congressperson
2 Senators
1 Bush
1 Bernanke

There will be 5-15,000 bags of tea sent!

paulgirl
12-01-2007, 02:02 AM
I agree, Tea is CHEAP, so is a stamp. Why not send them to all of Congress and just the major media?

because they have to get ENOUGH of them that their staffers are doing nothing all day but opening tea bags

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 02:03 AM
I'm was worried that it will be spun negatively in the media

Everything we do will be spun negatively by some media outlets. The only alternative is doing nothing at all. So minimize risk, but don't fear the media. They haven't hurt us yet. Under their onslaught we've grown exponentially. No other campaign could survive that, let alone thrive.

paulgirl
12-01-2007, 02:04 AM
Lets say we get 5% of meetup members to do this. That's over 3000 people. Or 5% of people pledged to the tea party site, that would be well over a 1000 people.

If each person sends 5 letters:

1 Congressperson
2 Senators
1 Bush
1 Bernanke

There will be 5-15,000 bags of tea sent!

thats still only at best a few hundred per Representative. Think about how many people are in each local meetup. A waste of time.

Bush and Bernanke will get tens of thousands (optimistically)
Senators would get thousands.
Congresspeople would only get hundreds, or only dozens in the bummer districts

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 02:05 AM
Ok. No written messages. That sounds good. I'm was worried that it will be spun negatively in the media and will not have the intended affect on the audience (new voters). But as long as it is done.. I guess it will be good publicity..

Don't worry. It can't be spun negatively in the media because to do so, the media would have to try to deny history every American already knows.

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 02:08 AM
Sending to Bush and Congress might not do any good. They may not report it to the media, they may keep it quiet. If we could get this practice to go viral, and get more and more Americans to do it in protest of King George, then that would be one thing. It's a gamble though.

Seriously, if the White House receives 10,000 tea bags in a day, they will just throw them away and call it good. The President will never even hear about it. He'll just be told to make no comment if anyone asks.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 02:08 AM
because they have to get ENOUGH of them that their staffers are doing nothing all day but opening tea bags

So everybody choses how much they want to do. Some will just sent 10 letters, other :D will send alot more! I think this idea will take off and it should be more than enough.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 02:09 AM
thats still only at best a few hundred per Representative. Think about how many people are in each local meetup. A waste of time.

Please. Drop the ONE tea bag theme. The idea is to send a LOT of tea (see original post). Tea is CHEAP, buy all you can afford and send it. We want each politico to have a PILE of tea on his desk.

Buy the tea from restaurant suppliers so you get it cheap and in bulk. Think A LOT of tea. If you can't send much, no matter. Each person just send all you can. If one or two Congressman don't get their "fair share" of tea, not important. The message is still delivered.

fez2008
//

Mark37snj

That sounds good but I really think we should add the Major TV News Channels.

paulgirl
12-01-2007, 02:11 AM
That sounds good but I really think we should add the Major TV News Channels.

then its obviously just a media ploy

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 02:13 AM
When should this be done? before 16th to generate publicity for 16th? or on 16th to increase post 16th publicity?

If it is before shouldn't there be some message saying the tea bag relates to this event?

My idea is to send a print (we could work on it on these forums) to media before the tea is sent. Annoucning the tea party, just like we are virally announcing it online right now. Maybe have a teaser in the print that tea will be dumped. That will be the heads up before the congress and Bush gets it.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 02:13 AM
Oh, and this idea from john_anderson_ii who had a slightly smaller version of this idea in Aug before the tea party was scheduled.
Use this return address on all the envelopes and boxes:

Griffin Wharf
470 Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02210

That's the original harbor all the tea was dumped into 200 years ago! A brilliant idea.

fez2008
12-01-2007, 02:14 AM
//

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 02:15 AM
Sending to Bush and Congress might not do any good. They may not report it to the media, they may keep it quiet. If we could get this practice to go viral, and get more and more Americans to do it in protest of King George, then that would be one thing. It's a gamble though.

Seriously, if the White House receives 10,000 tea bags in a day, they will just throw them away and call it good. The President will never even hear about it. He'll just be told to make no comment if anyone asks.

WE report it to the media! Who gives a damn what the white house does with it. King George doesn't have to see it, the press will let him know it arrived!

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 02:15 AM
then its obviously just a media ploy

YES, it is a media ploy. Thats what Grassroots DOES!!! Isnt everybody really excited about this. I AM. Think about it... On Monday December 17th when CNN reports on Ron Pauls 10 million + super moneybomb, Jack Cafferty asks, with a smirk on his face, how Wolf Blitzzer is dealing with all that Tea he received. :rolleyes:

Priceless

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 02:16 AM
they wont report it. They didnt report the flowers sent to them why will they do it with tea? But if it is sent to someone else(other than media) they will cover it..

Send to ALL... Its what, an extra 20 people MAX.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 02:19 AM
When should this be done? before 16th to generate publicity for 16th? or on 16th to increase post 16th publicity?

If it is before shouldn't there be some message saying the tea bag relates to this event?

No, no message. I repeat, the tea IS the message. They WILL get it. Even if they don't get it, they will on the 16th. This cannot miss.

As to when it should be done. I'll put that in a separate post...

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 02:20 AM
Actually, a mere $40 will buy an awful lot of tea and stamps.

We need to identify a pool of targets. Get their addresses, and let the grassroots decide for themselves who to send their tea to with their money.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 02:20 AM
The media likes 'fun' stories.

This will make the tea party a little more interesting than just being a bigger 'money bomb' for Paul.

You know Wolf would have fun asking members of Congress about the thousands of bags of tea they got sent that coincides with Ron Paul's huge donation day.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 02:25 AM
Actually, a mere $40 will buy an awful lot of tea and stamps.

We need to identify a pool of targets. Get their addresses, and let the grassroots decide for themselves who to send their tea to with their money.

YES, theres got to be the lists we need floating around on this site.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 02:25 AM
Here's what I'm thinking...
To maximize impact and get the most media coverage, we should start sending packages on the 10th and spread them out through the 13th. This way they arrive for each person over several days, increasing the impact. Each sender should decide how many to send on each day and over which days. Assuming we send them all to in-state offices instead of Washington, they should arrive fairly quickly (remember slow holiday mail).
For the President and Cheney we of course send them to Washington and those should probably all be sent on Monday the 10th or thereabouts.
Everyone sends tea to Bush and Cheney, this way they will get a TON, and as much as they can afford to members of Congress for their state.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 02:26 AM
The media likes 'fun' stories.

This will make the tea party a little more interesting than just being a bigger 'money bomb' for Paul.

You know Wolf would have fun asking members of Congress about the thousands of bags of tea they got sent that coincides with Ron Paul's huge donation day.

Oh BOY, THIS IS GONA BE GREAT!!!!

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 02:29 AM
Here's what I'm thinking...
To maximize impact and get the most media coverage, we should start sending packages on the 10th and spread them out through the 13th. This way they arrive for each person over several days, increasing the impact. Each sender should decide how many to send on each day and over which days. Assuming we send them all to in-state offices instead of Washington, they should arrive fairly quickly (remember slow holiday mail).
For the President and Cheney we of course send them to Washington and those should probably all be sent on Monday the 10th or thereabouts.
Everyone sends tea to Bush and Cheney, this way they will get a TON, and as much as they can afford to members of Congress for their state.

That sounds like a great plan but what about the Media? Just the Major ones: CNN, MSNBC, FOX, to specific anchors and reporters of couse.

EDIT: you might have a point, dont antaganize the media, let them report it, not be part of it. OK, Im in.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 02:32 AM
We really don't have to say anything to the media. They sneak in here and spy on us all the time. But, we could send out some announcements on the 13th or 14th.

Regardless, no one, no matter how powerful and influential, is going to be able to hide the fact that half the tea on planet earth suddenly showed up on the desks of Washington. It would be like trying to hide an elephant under a lampshade!

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 02:33 AM
So is anyone tech savy enough to find our list or know where to get it?
We should get that list and post it with the thread anouncing it so we dont have to do this again and there is no confusion.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 02:38 AM
The original "slogan" was "Let's give them a 16th of December they'll never forget".
Let's give them a 16th of December they'll have nightmares about!! <grin>

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 02:39 AM
So is anyone tech savy enough to find our list or know where to get it?
We should get that list and post it with the thread anouncing it so we dont have to do this again and there is no confusion.

Every local phone book in every city in America has the addresses of all the local offices of all of your reps and sens.

Then you only need the white house and Cheney's address.

Man from La Mancha
12-01-2007, 02:42 AM
After just reading this whole thread the idea to send tea to the politicians is completely useless those bought of people aren't going to spread the word, BUT to start sending t bags to every media outlet in the USA, national and local is fantastic. Everyday in their mail they will be getting tea bags and info. And as the 16th approaches it will increase. Costco has tea bags in bulk for 3 cents each. Also this is a good opportunity for assembling in one place every news media in the whole USA and having individuals reporting when they send. I have seen some great lists on the forum boards but is there a live interactive site that can list ever news establishment and how many people have sent what to them. Maybe with printable addresses for our printer. Just throwing some ideas out there. If developed right could be a continueing thing to use. Like NumbersUSA.com

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 02:46 AM
After just reading this whole thread the idea to send tea to the politicians is completely useless, BUT to start sending t bags to every media outlet in the USA, national and local is fantastic. Everyday in there mail they will be getting tea bags and info. And as the 16th approaches it will increase. Costco has tea bags in bulk for 3 cents each. Also this a good opportunity for assembling in one place every news media in the whole USA and having individuals reporting when they send. I have seen some great lists on the forum boards but is there a live interactive site that can list ever news establishment and how many people have sent what to them. Maybe with printable addresses for our printer. Just throw some ideas out there. If developed right could be a continueing thing to use. Like NumbersUSA.com

Absolutely NOT. You have utterly and completely misunderstood. Please read the thread again. I've already explained this.

The original Boston tea party was NOT to defy the media!!! Please get your history straight. The idea is two-fold: to tweak the government's nose and to get media attention. The media will ONLY pay attention IF we tweak the government's nose... THE WHOLE IDEA!!! If you send tea to the media, they will simply have tea with lunch!

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 02:48 AM
After just reading this whole thread the idea to send tea to the politicians is completely useless those bought of people aren't going to spread the word, BUT to start sending t bags to every media outlet in the USA, national and local is fantastic. Everyday in there mail they will be getting tea bags and info. And as the 16th approaches it will increase. Costco has tea bags in bulk for 3 cents each. Also this is a good opportunity for assembling in one place every news media in the whole USA and having individuals reporting when they send. I have seen some great lists on the forum boards but is there a live interactive site that can list ever news establishment and how many people have sent what to them. Maybe with printable addresses for our printer. Just throwing some ideas out there. If developed right could be a continueing thing to use. Like NumbersUSA.com

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

I'm inclined to agree with this. The media is supposed to be on the side of the people. They are not. They have sold out. The original tea party was all about expressing frustration with an institution. The mass media has been the root of our frustration from day one.

If anyone deserves the peaceful disapproval of thousands and thousands of people it is the media. They should consider it a consumer revolt.

I know it won't make any friends, I know it won't *win them to our side*. Guess what? We won't *ever* win them to our side, and we won't *ever* make them our friend until they have no other choice.'

I'm sure we'll be asked why we are doing this. We had better have an explanation.

Sending tea to the president and congress will just be ignored. After a single day of opening mail with teabags, the postal service will be instructed to cease delivering mail that might contain a tea bag. The media is the wisest target.

Paulite5112007
12-01-2007, 02:48 AM
Anyone have a link to some online places to buy tea bags in bulk? Preferably made in america, but anything not from China will be good. I would like to stamp each tea bag and mal it off and leave them around town here.

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 02:50 AM
Absolutely NOT. You have utterly and completely misunderstood. Please read the thread again. I've already explained this.

The original Boston tea party was NOT to defy the media!!! Please get your history straight. The idea is two-fold: to tweak the government's nose and to get media attention. The media will ONLY pay attention IF we tweak the government's nose... THE WHOLE IDEA!!! If you send tea to the media, they will simply have tea with lunch!

Tweaking the government's nose will go unreported or looked upon with scorn. The battle we face isn't about history, it's about effectiveness, and we need to get the biggest bang for our buck every time we spend one.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 02:52 AM
After just reading this whole thread the idea to send tea to the politicians is completely useless those bought of people aren't going to spread the word, BUT to start sending t bags to every media outlet in the USA, national and local is fantastic. Everyday in their mail they will be getting tea bags and info. And as the 16th approaches it will increase. Costco has tea bags in bulk for 3 cents each. Also this is a good opportunity for assembling in one place every news media in the whole USA and having individuals reporting when they send. I have seen some great lists on the forum boards but is there a live interactive site that can list ever news establishment and how many people have sent what to them. Maybe with printable addresses for our printer. Just throwing some ideas out there. If developed right could be a continueing thing to use. Like NumbersUSA.com

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

I can hear it now. "Coming up next, the White House, Congress, and dozens of media outlets including CNN are receiving thousands of mysterious letters containg Tea bags. Whos responsible? All bets are on all those dedicated Ron Paul supporters and their Tea Party for Congressman Ron Paul."

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 02:53 AM
I'm inclined to agree with this. The media is supposed to be on the side of the people. They are not. They have sold out.

OKAY, both of you, stop trying to derail this please. If you can't understand, fine. Just don't participate. But this is not a media stunt. It is about repeating what the Boston tea party was all about.

It is NOT about somehow chastising the media. Please read the thread again. If you still don't understand, please don't participate.

Minuteman
12-01-2007, 02:54 AM
IM sorry, I agree with David. This is a political message of defiance. You confuse and compound the issue if you send it to the media and you add more of (this is a silly stunt, spin to it).

Keep the meaning behind the original intent. If you want to send it to the President and Members of Congress fine. If you want to get a more conserted effort on a few people hit the Pres. VP, Majority Leader, Minority Whip.

Trust me, there are many many many mouths in Washington, the news will get out on its own.

Alerting the media in advance and sending tea to them =publicity stunt and easily spun against us.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 02:56 AM

Nobody here said the Boston Tea Party was to defy the media. And this thread is recent history.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 02:57 AM
Tweaking the government's nose will go unreported or looked upon with scorn. The battle we face isn't about history, it's about effectiveness, and we need to get the biggest bang for our buck every time we spend one.

It can't go unreported John because it will happen in unison with the BTP money bomb. They HAVE to report it.

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 02:57 AM
OKAY, both of you, stop trying to derail this please. If you can't understand, fine. Just don't participate. But this is not a media stunt. It is about repeating what the Boston tea party was all about.

It is NOT about somehow chastising the media. Please read the thread again. If you still don't understand, please don't participate.

We certainly aren't trying to derail this. Read earlier in this thread. This was an idea I had months ago, and we had the same conversations and problems.

If you want to re-enact the tea party, you should be dropping oil into harbors as that is the chief import now and would hurt the government the most. Sam Adams didn't choose tea because it was tea. He chose it to injure the tax revenuers. I also don't recall Sam Adams utilizing the USPS.

Sending tea to anyone, if not reported in the media and to the nation at large, does not help Ron Paul's chances at all, and that's what we are all here for.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 02:59 AM
I agree with sending it just to the president and congress although I first suggested sending it to every media outlet, because the media talks all the time about the American people being fed up with "congress" or "DC" or the "two major parties".

Whether it is from the left or right, the media loves bringing up how frustrated people are with those in power. O'Reilly will talk about it, Wolf Blitzer will talk about it, Christ Matthews will talk about it, Lou Dobbs will talk about it, Jack Cafferty will talk about it, Tucker Carlson will talk about it, etc.

The tea bags are a representation of our frustration in how things are going. This ties in to Ron Paul's answer on the last question of the debate. There is a revolution at hand and he's happy to be a part of it.

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 03:01 AM
It can't go unreported John because it will happen in unison with the BTP money bomb. They HAVE to report it.

They don't have to report anything. They fail to report significant things regularly. Don't assume that this will get any attention. It could get a lot of attention, but don't just assume it will. Especially if we send it to the White House.

Minuteman
12-01-2007, 03:02 AM
You're right, they dumped tea into the harbor because that was what they were against at the time. But over the last 2 centuries it has changed into a SYMBOL of defiance.

You distort the symbol.

Thinking that the media wont get wind of it if we dont let them know about is naive.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 03:03 AM
They don't have to report anything. They fail to report significant things regularly. Don't assume that this will get any attention. It could get a lot of attention, but don't just assume it will. Especially if we send it to the White House.

John, they can no more fail to report it than they can fail to report the money bomb. Possible? I suppose. Likely? Infinitely unlikely. This will work.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 03:03 AM
I think the argument we are having is basically just on what tactic we think will work better.

The goal for all of us is to get as much attention for Ron Paul as possible from the Dec. 16th tea party. As much attention as possible.

I tend to think we will get more attention and more positive attention from the media if we don't go directly at the media, like we are going directly at the president and congress.

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 03:06 AM
Thinking that the media wont get wind of it if we dont let them know about is naive.

Thinking the media will jump all over this and make a big deal out of it is naive also. I'm sure you've noticed how they ignore and ridicule us. Especially if this is sent to the Bush Administration and the Congress. I'm not saying the media is the perfect target. I like the idea of Ron Paul's nemesis Bernake better. After all, it's in defiance of taxation. I'm saying we are going to have to be smart with our target if the media is going to pay attention. I don't think Bush & Congress is a smart target.

Minuteman
12-01-2007, 03:06 AM
Right Micah, we should not distort the symbolism of it.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 03:07 AM
I think the argument we are having is basically just on what tactic we think will work better.

No. One is a tactic. The other is a senseless assault on the wrong people. In addition, IF we were to send to the media, we absolutely would piss them off and then they would look for even ridiculous ways to spin it.

If this is not directed at Washington it makes absolutely no sense at all.

Man from La Mancha

You thread title said leveraging the Tea Party and I thought that meant to collect the most money possible to to show our rulers we are not going to take this no more. Thus in that vein I thought promoting this idea to the most news media outlets would inturn get the most media inturn the most mention and inturn the most protesting donations. Money, the things the elite respect the most. It will surely be talked about more than just drunk.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

Mark37snj
We certainly aren't trying to derail this. Read earlier in this thread. This was an idea I had months ago, and we had the same conversations and problems.

If you want to re-enact the tea party, you should be dropping oil into a harbors as that is the chief import now and would hurt the government the most. Sam Adams didn't choose tea because it was tea. He chose it to injure the tax revenuers. I also don't recall Sam Adams utilizing the USPS.

Sending tea to anyone, if not reported in the media and to the nation at large, does not help Ron Paul's chances at all, and that's what we are all here for.

Exactly. And one other point I would like to make...if you want people to help with this then it HAS to be something that they would want to do. If it failed last time because you were too strict to history what makes you think it will work this time? The TeaParty07 on the 16th will definately help but you could really really make it huge if alot of people, who will like it for the same reasons we are saying, join in. If people dont want to do this because it is no FUN then you need to make it fun.;) All of us have had the media take pock shots at us and this is a fun, productive way to say right back at ya.

Minuteman
12-01-2007, 03:09 AM
Alright, now why dont we decide who among the Political Establishment it would be more beneficial to send it to.

Im fine with just sending it to

President
V.Pres
Majority Leader
Minority Whip
Berneke is fine also, but im not sure if you will get anything out of that bag.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Thinking the media will jump all over this and make a big deal out of it is naive also. I'm sure you've noticed how they ignore and ridicule us. Especially if this is sent to the Bush Administration and the Congress. I'm not saying the media is the perfect target. I like the idea of Ron Paul's nemesis Bernake better. After all, it's in defiance of taxation. I'm saying we are going to have to be smart with our target if the media is going to pay attention. I don't think Bush & Congress is a smart target.

John, did they ignore the 5th of November? NO! They went ape. The only way they will ignore this... well, they can't. They simply can't. Even if the 16th bombs, which it won't, they still won't ignore it because they'll be talking about what a flop the 16th was. They still will mention the tea bags.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 03:11 AM
No. One is a tactic. The other is a senseless assault on the wrong people. In addition, IF we were to send to the media, we absolutely would piss them off and then they would look for even ridiculous ways to spin it.

Look, I agree with you.

The media loves stories jabbing at Congress.

I could see Dobbs LOVING this story.

I could see Cafferty LOVING this story.

I could see O'Reilly LOVING this story.

I could see Anderson Cooper LOVING this story.

As long as the story isn't about them, but jabbing at the leadership in DC.

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 03:12 AM
Well, let's answer this question objectively:

By receiving a whole bunch of tea, who will cause the name recognition of Ron Paul to rise?

There are other groups who are all for protesting the government. We are here to elect Dr. Paul. If we can answer the above question, the event will be all the better.

If the answer is Bush & Congress, so be it.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 03:12 AM

If you want to re-enact the tea party, you should be dropping oil into harbors as that is the chief import now and would hurt the government the most. Sam Adams didn't choose tea because it was tea. He chose it to injure the tax revenuers. I also don't recall Sam Adams utilizing the USPS.

Do you mean spin it like Glenn Beck did, he rediculed Paul, called us terrorists, we retaliated, and now he wants Paul on his show for 2 hours. :cool:

EDIT: you want to do this to protest the goverment, does anybody here think the goverment and the media are two separate entities?

HazardPerry
12-01-2007, 03:13 AM
So lets get this together:

Teabag(s) as many as you can to local congressman, senators and white house. The people in power. I love the Bernanke idea :D People who actually have a chance to look at their mail, like the people in your own state, are the best because they will start to talk amongst various congressman (oh YOU got some too?) and their staff and stuff. Also, big targets like Bernanke where we can focus our fire is great if all of us do it. Bush and Cheney of course will have their mail filtered and will not speak a word of it, but we're obligated by historical precedent if nothing else to send them a boatload, too. Our biggest impact though, I think, is that we may stir some buzz in the congress.

The media thing -- They definitely need to know, and as much as they aren't our friend, I doubt the congressmen are either. It won't really hurt us or help us if we send alot of tea and a politician just places the package in this wastebin and says nothing. If the media knows they are getting tea then they will maybe ask a question that prompts an answer, thus the issue is brought out. And the media loves pre-packaged stories like this, its just too easy NOT to write a blurb or produce a spot. They might use the same tired words to report on us, but they do follow our every unorthodox move.

"You won't believe what the Ron Paul rEVOLution has cooked up this time..."

I can see it now.

So maybe either some sort of news release...emails or just on the telephone, or you can send just maybe ONE teabag, this one with a note, saying we invite you to witness this tea party. That way you are making it clear you aren't attacking the media, just sort of telling them to "watch this," while still using the tea symbol and getting the word out.

I think its a brilliant idea all around, we need to hone it to a single strategy we can agree on and then throw up a website and get some postage moving! I trust you've all seen the first Harry Potter movie :p Wouldn't that be great? This is a great idea!:D

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 03:15 AM
Exactly. And one other point I would like to make...if you want people to help with this then it HAS to be something that they would want to do. If it failed last time because you were too strict to history what makes you think it will work this time? The TeaParty07 on the 16th will definately help but you could really really make it huge if alot of people, who will like it for the same reasons we are saying, join in. If people dont want to do this because it is no FUN then you need to make it fun.;) All of us have had the media take pock shots at us and this is a fun, productive way to say right back at ya.

PLEASE try to understand. This is not about taking shots at the media. How the hell does that help Ron Paul???

Do you really think that taking pot shots at the media is going to get us media coverage for Ron Paul??? NO! It will get us hatred and bad coverage.

This is not a pissing contest with the media. The 16th money bomb will get huge coverage. The idea of sending tea bags to the politicians will increase that coverage and the media will be overjoyed to do it because it is good news, entertaining news, and DOES NOT annoy them.

Now PLEASE, can we stop this misguided nonsense about sending tea bags to the media. That is absolutely NOT the point and will NOT WORK!

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 03:16 AM
Well, let's answer this question subjectively:

By receiving a whole bunch of tea, who will cause the name recognition of Ron Paul to rise?

There are other groups who are all for protesting the government. We are here to elect Dr. Paul. If we can answer the above question, the event will be all the better.

In my opinion, I think media will like the story that Paul has caught fire because he represents the change people want from the leadership in DC. I think they will talk about Ron Paul more if they see themselves as more as the messenger of the people's discontent with DC, rather than the object of people's discontent.

In the next couple weeks Paul will hopefully be on more shows besides the View, I think it is time to be friendlier with the media, despite the fact that we know they have done their best to marginalize, ignore, and slander Paul.

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 03:17 AM
It will get us hatred and bad coverage.

In my defense, we've already got that, and I'm seriously wondering if they have anything else to offer.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 03:18 AM
So lets get this together:

Teabag(s) as many as you can to local congressman, senators and white house. The people in power. I love the Bernanke idea :-D People who actually have a chance to look at their mail, like the people in your own state, are the best because they will start to talk amongst various congressman (oh YOU got some too?) and their staff and stuff. Also, big targets like Bernanke where we can focus our fire is great if all of us do it. Bush and Cheney of course will have their mail filtered and will not speak a word of it, but we're obligated by historical precedent if nothing else to send them a boatload, too. Our biggest impact though, I think, is that we may stir some buzz in the congress.

The media thing -- They definitely need to know, and as much as they aren't our friend, I doubt the congressmen are either. It won't really hurt us or help us if we send alot of tea and a politician just places the package in this wastebin and says nothing. If the media knows they are getting tea then they will maybe ask a question that prompts an answer, thus the issue is brought out. And the media loves pre-packaged stories like this, its just too easy NOT to write a blurb or produce a spot. They might use the same tired words to report on us, but they do follow our every unorthodox move.

I can see it now.

So maybe either some sort of news release...emails or just on the telephone, or you can send just maybe ONE teabag, this one with a note, saying we invite you to witness this tea party. That way you are making it clear you aren't attacking the media, just sort of telling them to "watch this," while still using the tea symbol and getting the word out.

I think its a brilliant idea all around, we need to hone it to a single strategy we can agree on and then throw up a website and get some postage moving! I trust you've all seen the first Harry Potter movie :p Wouldn't that be great? This is a great idea!:D

I'm in total agreement!

I think the media will like this story, thus getting Paul more attention and give the Dec 16 tea party more legs and a higher profile.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 03:19 AM
You thread title said leveraging the Tea Party and I thought that meant to collect the most money possible to to show our rulers we are not going to take this no more. Thus in that vein I thought promoting this idea to the most news media outlets would inturn get the most media inturn the most mention and inturn the most protesting donations. Money, the things the elite respect the most. It will surely be talked about more than just drunk

Sigh. Isn't the point to get media attention so that we can get MORE RON PAUL SUPPORTERS???

The money is going to take care of itself. This is to LEVERAGE the tea party so that it ALSO produces extra media coverage which will in turn produce more Ron Paul supporters.

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 03:22 AM
I just thought of something that proves myself wrong.

I was thinking that sending it to the media would clue the average political minded American in to how the media has sold out their interests.

I forgot to consider one thing. Who's going to tell the average political minded American that the media sold out their interests?

Yeah. That doesn't work out so well.

Oh well, if anyone deserves a small token of our displeasure, I would put G.W. Bush on the top of that list.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 03:23 AM
Do mean spin it like Glenn Beck did, he rediculed Paul, called us terrorists, we retaliated, and now he wants Paul on his show for 2 hours. :cool:

EDIT: you want to do this to protest the goverment, does anybody here think the goverment and the media are two separate entities?

It's not really about if they are separate, it's about the fact that they like to portray themselves as separate.

The media spends most of every day ragging on Congress and the DC leadership, how they waste our taxes, don't get anything done, the people don't like their performance, etc. It doesn't matter that in reality the same big interests run both the media and Congress. The people delivering the news love to present stories talking about how how the American people are fed up with DC.

Dobbs, Cafferty, O'Reilly, Olbermann, Blitzer, Cooper, Tucker, Matthews, they may have widely different political views but I think they would all get a kick out of this story and event and give it coverage. But they won't like the story if its a jab at them.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 03:23 AM
PLEASE try to understand. This is not about taking shots at the media. How the hell does that help Ron Paul???

Do you really think that taking pot shots at the media is going to get us media coverage for Ron Paul??? NO! It will get us hatred and bad coverage.

This is not a pissing contest with the media. The 16th money bomb will get huge coverage. The idea of sending tea bags to the politicians will increase that coverage and the media will be overjoyed to do it because it is good news, entertaining news, and DOES NOT annoy them.

Now PLEASE, can we stop this misguided nonsense about sending tea bags to the media. That is absolutely NOT the point and will NOT WORK!

What do you think we are getting now? Remember, we are not the only ones who cant stand some of these people. And think about what the other media outlets, newspapers, radio, blogs, will say about it. It peaceful, historic, hell it has all the makings of an urgan legend kind of thing. It could be huge but if you dont want to then I suggest you post your plan as you stated and see how many people join in. Thats the real test, either one of us could be right, whats important is that most of this idea get off and RUNNING! Thats what matters. I cease with the media, post the thread and I will check on it tomorrow. Good Luck!

PS: I really really suggest you use the title I posted, it is catchy. :D
PSS: Misguided Nonsense - I suggest you change your attitude when you start your thread, your arrogance will definately kill this idea.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Sigh. Isn't the point to get media attention so that we can get MORE RON PAUL SUPPORTERS???

The money is going to take care of itself. This is to LEVERAGE the tea party so that it ALSO produces extra media coverage which will in turn produce more Ron Paul supporters.

At this point I think major and local media coverage, as much as we can get from Dec 16th, is important. We need to squeeze as much coverage as we can out of this event to raise Paul to the next level.

HazardPerry
12-01-2007, 03:27 AM
I say we have a game plan in time for the day shift tomorrow, it's officially December now and time is not on our side if we want to do this right.

davidkachel
12-01-2007, 03:27 AM
I'm cross-eyed and will pick this up in the morning. Seeya guys.

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 03:30 AM
Perry's right. Time is our biggest liability in this stage of the game.

Sometime a fast plan is better than a perfect plan, so I say the CINC, VP, Speaker and Whip are a good, easy to locate target. If you feel so inclined to send a few bags to your congressman or senator, just so they don't feel left out, then go for it.

We have to inform the media AS the first packages are arriving. Don't give these guy's staff any time to prepare, and don't expect the media to pick up on it by themselves.

Micahyah
12-01-2007, 03:35 AM
Yep, I'm pretty much for what Hazard Perry summarized in the previous page.

If we are going to do this we have to get everyone on this board involved tomorrow.

I really think this is a FUN thing to do along with our donations for the Dec 16 event. I love the idea.

I'm done for the night.

Mark37snj
In my defense, we've already got that, and I'm seriously wondering if they have anything else to offer.

here here, but you know the other media outlets will be all over, its a great story.

Man from La Mancha
Targeting the media is not a bad idea. Sending them bad messages yes, but not by saying something like this:

Have a good day and and have a cup of Tea brought to you as a supporter of Ron Paul. Will you please look at this info about the Dec 16th Boston Tea party we are having and the enclosed Ron info,
Thank you for your time, steve

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 03:41 AM
I'm all in, let's send it to them all.

I would like to point out however, that this is one thing that the entire grassroots has to be all in for. If it's big, it's going to be a huge boost towards a Ron Paul presidential term. If it's ho-hum or so-so its going to be a joke.

In our position, we can't win this thing without taking big risks, and this is going to be a huge risk. We need Nov 5th output times a hundred at least. This event has to be recognized as the 2nd American Tea Party, not a re-enactment of, or a reference to the original event.

Mark37snj
12-01-2007, 03:42 AM
Targeting the media is not a bad idea. Sending them bad messages yes, but not by saying something like this:

Have a good day and and have a cup of Tea brought to you as a supporter of Ron Paul. Will you please look at this info about the Dec 16th Boston Tea party we are having and the enclosed Ron info,
Thank you for your time, steve

LOL...no sarcasm intended right.

zcopley
12-01-2007, 03:47 AM
I'll send some damn tea! Let's do it!

shortna
12-01-2007, 03:51 AM
tea to politicians and not to the media. i'll do it.

Man from La Mancha
12-01-2007, 03:59 AM
LOL...no sarcasm intended right.No, please tell me what was, I'm clueless.LOL

AMBurns
12-01-2007, 03:59 AM
I'm with Man from La Mancha.

We need to send tea to every one that we can think of, did you guys ever hear about the thousands of bags of nuts that were sent to CBS Headquarters in order to get the cancelled show Jericho back on the air?

What was the outcome? Jericho is back and will be better than ever. The media responds to this kind of thing.

http://www.nutsonline.com/jericho

Send tea to anyone you think would have any sort of reaction to it whether good or "bad". How pissed off can someone get about a tea bag.

We are not saying we are angry with the media, we're just giving them something more to talk about when they give the report.

Olbermann: They sent thousands of tea bags to Congressmen, Senators and even the President. In fact I even received a bag or 50 myself. Holds the bag and envelope up to the camera. (It says TeaParty07.com on it.)

It will be the same with O'Reilly, Tucker, Scarborough, Blitzer and all the rest.

Send tea to everyone. Don't discriminate, and don't be an asshole about it. Let people come up with their own conclusions about how you feel about them.

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 04:02 AM
And lets not forget the proper return address.

Man from La Mancha
12-01-2007, 04:05 AM
tea to politicians and not to the media. i'll do it.
How again does this do anything with politicians except being thrown out and not even being reported by 90% of anti Ron Paul congressmen, we have already seen how many of them support Ron in congress. I see Hitlery now saying to the media to give him any PR"oh I got 10,000 Tea Bags from Ron supporters, how disgusting". Send them if you will but this is one place on their own territory they have complete control and won't generate but a smidgen of PR. BUT I could be wrong, who thought a blimp might fly.

john_anderson_ii
12-01-2007, 04:19 AM
How again does this do anything with politicians except being thrown out and not even being reported by 90% of anti Ron Paul congressmen, we have already seen how many of them support Ron in congress. I see Hitlery now saying to the media to give him any PR"oh I got 10,000 Tea Bags from Ron supporters, how disgusting". Send them if you will but this is one place on their own territory they have complete control and won't generate but a smidgen of PR. BUT I could be wrong, who thought a blimp might fly.

I think it's been decided that we will be sending tea, a lot of it, to a select group, as well as those that each supporter chooses. It's cheap so we can send a lot. The media will not be spared I'm sure. However, with this format, they might use it as a joking sideline to the real story. A massive peaceful protest against the current course of America.

At least that is the vision.

If it's massive, no politician or media pundit can say anything but "Oh, Sh*t". If it's not, we will be the subject of ridicule and scorn. I'm of the opinion that we already have enough ridicule and scorn, let's find out if they have anything else to offer. Let's make it massive.

HazardPerry
12-01-2007, 04:20 AM
Maybe it was presumptuous of me but I made a new thread with a nice big first post to get people oriented. Alot of people should be reading and discussing this as they wake up and get working.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=504579#post504579