PDA

View Full Version : Obama Skips Self-Deprecation, Lashes Out at Republicans in Vicious WHCA Dinner Monologue

Coolidge/Dawes '24
05-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Article here (http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/obama-skips-self-deprecation-lashes-out-republicans-vicious-whca-dinner-monologue).

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/people/i/2014/news/140519/barack-obama-600.jpg

President Obama each year proves he just isn't man enough to point his super-intellectual humor at himself. Sure, he almost always delivers a burn or two at himself, but he always goes on a scorched-earth campaign after that, viciously ripping any and all critics who have taken him on.

Saturday night was no different.

He would go on to eviscerate his foes, bring up Kenya and "birthers" (not once but twice), delight in charging Republicans with racism (which also filled a lengthy serious passage at the end of his comedy bit), target two private citizens, the Koch brothers, and muse about "what did we do to piss off Chris Christie so bad?"

He seemed positively obsessed with the Republicans who are going to vie for his job. Like this line, talking about the wonders of snowboarding in the Winter Olympics : "We haven't seen somebody pull a 180 that fast since Rand Paul disinvited that disgruntled rancher from this dinner."

"As a general rule, things don't end well if the sentence starts, 'Let me tell you something I know about the negro.' You don't really need to hear the rest of it. Just a tip for you. Don't start your sentence that way," he said to laughter.

He targeted Sen. Ted Cruz too: "But I have not given up the idea of working with Congress. In fact, two weeks ago, Senator Ted Cruz and I, we got a bill done together and I have to say the signing ceremony was something special. We got a picture of it I think." Cut to Obama signing a bill at his desk, a disgruntled Cruz behind him, a hideous Devil with horns on the other side, a sign reading "HELL" covered with snow and ice.

Obama knows that the highly partisan crowd at the annual event will eat up his vindictive diatribe, and each year, it does. So every year, Obama makes it all just a bit more vicious. Still, that seems to be just the problem: A man who can't laugh at himself is a man devoid of humor, and nearly always, bitter and petty.