PDA

View Full Version : Pat Buchanan praises Ron Paul live on the radio

robertwerden
12-01-2007, 12:54 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6699180362797538038&q=ron+paul&total=17117&start=0&num=50&so=1&type=search&plindex=31

curtisag
12-01-2007, 01:03 AM
It boggles my mind why Pat won't endorse Paul more forcefully than this. Pat should have been the one bringing up the issue of Ron Paul, as his logical successor as far as Presidential politics goes.

robertwerden
We need to get this to HQ

Sir VotesALot
Didn't sound like an endorsement to me.

transistor
12-01-2007, 01:06 AM
that's not an endorsement

robertwerden
12-01-2007, 01:07 AM
well it was, this man is being sought after by lots of candidates. He has clearly said he likes Paul, and agrees with him. To agree is to endorse.

en·dorse /ɛnˈdɔrs/ noun
–verb (used with object)
1. to approve, support, or sustain: to endorse a political candidate.

Paulitician
12-01-2007, 01:08 AM
that's not an endorsement
QFT

reaver
12-01-2007, 01:08 AM
well it was, this man is being sought after by lots of candidates. He has clearly said he likes Paul, and agrees with him. To agree is to endorse.

en·dorse /ɛnˈdɔrs/ noun
–verb (used with object)

Yeah but it's different in politics. You have to sign some forms and stuff. :)

dmitchell
12-01-2007, 01:09 AM
Not an endoresment.

Roxi
12-01-2007, 01:10 AM
PLEASE consider this: thread titles should really be FACTUALLY correct... this title is misleading, a lot of readers have been known for spreading rumors unintentionally by forwarding without watching (which yes is their own fault) but even still

being someone new im sure you didn't realize the importance, BUT some might consider this thread title the equivalent of a Rick Roll... I am pretty sure that Pat gave his official endorsement to Giuliani (celebrity endorsements are actually a LEGAL procedure, and they must sign papers saying so, and I believe they can't change their mind without good reason and public announcement)

I can't be completely sure about the Ghoul endorsement ( i hope im wrong) ill try to look it up and update it (unless someone else wants to volunteer)

MODS please change the thread title to something like Pat buchanan admits to liking ron paul live on radio or something like that... NOT only that but the video cuts off before hes finished talking so as far as i know he could have finished it with something really negative like he has no chance or hes a douchebag or whatever... who knows

edit: sorry it was PAT robertson, not buchanan that endorsed GHOULIANI (but until we see an OFFICIAL endorsement the thread title should be changed

curtisag
12-01-2007, 01:11 AM

en·dorse /ɛnˈdɔrs/ noun
–verb (used with object)

Nobody believes Buchanan doesn't support Ron's views, but his lack of enthusiasm for Ron Paul makes it seem like he doesn't want to officially endorse him. I have emailed him numerous times, begging him to come out and push for Ron in New Hampshire and elsewhere, but no dice.

Sir VotesALot
12-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Pat Buchanan has NOT endorsed Rudy Giuliani.

newmedia4ron
12-01-2007, 01:15 AM
Want a better "endorsement" from Pat?

Pat Buchanan will be on the The Adam Corolla Show (CBS Radio) on TUESDAY DECEMBER 4th.

Call the Adam Carolla show at 1-866-901-ADAM (2326) and put Pat on the spot (again).
5AM-10AM PST

listen online (http://cbsplayer.streamtheworld.com/index.php?CALLSIGN=KLSXFM)

show@adamcarolla.com
Corolla Contact Form (http://anonym.to/?http://adam.freefm.com/pages/58175.php)

How to call in to a talk radio show (http://mediamatters.org/items/200509220006)

Paulitician
12-01-2007, 01:15 AM
Pat Buchanan has NOT endorsed Rudy Giuliani.
He should though.

TraditionalGOPer
12-01-2007, 01:21 AM
I think you are confusing Pat Robinson's endorsement with Pat Buchanan. Search Youtube for Pat Buchanan and Glenn Beck. He was on there touting his new book.

Buchanan said he supports many of Dr. Paul's ideas, but no longer gives political endorsements because he is a comentator and it would affect him being seen as objective.

literatim
12-01-2007, 01:27 AM
It boggles my mind why Pat won't endorse Paul more forcefully than this. Pat should have been the one bringing up the issue of Ron Paul, as his logical successor as far as Presidential politics goes.

It is basically illegal for him to officially endorse anyone. He is under contract with MSNBC which requires for their pundits to not endorse. What Pat said about Ron Paul on CSPAN was even better than what he said on WTMA.

Danny Molina
12-01-2007, 01:31 AM
Pat is not going to endorse anyone he said so on Jan Mickelson. I think this is because of Bay working with Tancredo.

Roxi
12-01-2007, 01:51 AM
posting new reply because my other one is too long already

After researching a bit, i find that PJB does actually support ron but as far as i can tell has not officially endorsed anyone. I also find that a lot of people do not like or respect the views of Pat Buchanan, and he was labeled as an anti semite when he ran for Prez

so isn't it at least possible that he is not officially endorsing him to protect him? as in, his endorsement might hurt more than it helps?

Roxi
12-01-2007, 01:52 AM
I think you are confusing Pat Robinson's endorsement with Pat Buchanan. Search Youtube for Pat Buchanan and Glenn Beck. He was on there touting his new book.

Buchanan said he supports many of Dr. Paul's ideas, but no longer gives political endorsements because he is a comentator and it would affect him being seen as objective.

yes and my post edit reflects those facts