PDA

View Full Version : Mike Rogers attacks Tom McMillin

jct74
05-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Mike Rogers says Mike Bishop 'won't embarrass this district' during campaign kickoff

By Fritz Klug
on May 05, 2014 at 1:47 PM

http://imgick.mlive.com/home/mlive-media/pgmain/img/lansing/photo/2014/05/-cddd2459a4904d16.jpg

LANSING, MI -- When Mike Bishop heard that U.S. Rep Mike Rogers was retiring, he was as surprised as everyone else.

He talked about his decision to run - and getting endorsed by Rogers, R-Brighton, who is leaving politics for a nationally syndicated radio show.

"It's an easy decision for me to run," Bishop told reporters during a news conference on Monday in Lansing, one day after officially kicking off his campaign.

"I am honored by his endorsement, it has given me such a huge boost since we started this campaign, said Bishop, who kicked off the campaign on Sunday at Yates Cider Mill in Rochester Hills.

Rogers joined Bishop during the media event at the Michigan Chamber of Commerce.

"I'm here supporting Mike Bishop because I think he will not embarrass this district," Rogers said in a thinly veiled shot at GOP primary opponent Tom McMillin. "(Bishop) will work on conservative solutions to very important problems that impact everybody, both Democrats and Republican in this district."

Rogers didn't say specifically if McMillin would be an embarrassment if elected, but said he doesn't like a newer brand of politics that is focused not on trying to find compromise, but instead focus on the individual.

"It's not conservative, it's not liberal, it's about me," said Rogers.

On Rogers comments that he was supporting Bishop because he would not embarrass the district, McMillin said "I think all the times we've seen Rogers sitting next to [U.S. Sen.] Dianne Feinstein defending the mass surveillance of our citizens, that's an embarrassment."

more:
http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2014/05/mike_rogers_says_mike_bishop_w.html

jct74
05-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Mike Rogers lowers the bar for MI-08 endorsement to the ground: “I think Mike Bishop won’t embarrass the district”

by Eclectablog on MAY 5, 2014

When Mike Rogers decided to go play conservative satellite radio host instead of running for reelection in Michigan’s 8th Congressional district, there was a flurry of activity by Republicans to throw their hats into the ring. Most of them pulled their hats back out again just as quickly. All except former Republican Senate Leader Mike Bishop. Mike Bishop has been anointed by Rogers to be his predecessor. His reason for doing so marks a new low for earning a sitting Congressman’s endorsement. Rogers is supporting Bishop because “he will not embarrass [the] district”.

Stop laughing. I’m serious.

“I am honored by his endorsement, it has given me such a huge boost since we started this campaign, said Bishop, who kicked off the campaign on Sunday at Yates Cider Mill in Rochester Hills.
Rogers joined Bishop during the media event at the Michigan Chamber of Commerce.

“I’m here supporting Mike Bishop because I think he will not embarrass this district,” Rogers said in a thinly veiled shot at GOP primary opponent Tom McMillin.

It doesn’t take much to get Rogers’ endorsement. Just don’t be a clown.

Actually, given Bishop’s history, I’m not entirely sure that Rogers knows what the hell he’s talking about. So there’s that.

But, seriously, “damning with faint praise” doesn’t even begin to describe that “endorsement”.

http://www.eclectablog.com/2014/05/mike-rogers-lowers-the-bar-for-mi-08-endorsement-to-the-ground-i-think-mike-bishop-wont-embarrass-the-district.html

EBounding
05-06-2014, 07:23 AM
"Rogers is supporting Bishop because 'he will not embarrass [the] district'.

Stop laughing. I’m serious."

That's like telling your girlfriend she's a solid 6. Thanks Mike.

http://i.imgur.com/iE1q9d4.jpg

Brian4Liberty
05-13-2014, 03:40 PM

Couldn't be more obvious...

angelatc
05-13-2014, 03:42 PM
This is why McMillin needs money. He doesn't have a national base to draw on, like Amash does. He doesn't have cronies with deep pockets related to the defense industry, like Rogers does.

The poor bastard's only got us.

Brian4Liberty
05-13-2014, 03:46 PM
This is why McMillin needs money. He doesn't have a national base to draw on, like Amash does. He doesn't have cronies with deep pockets related to the defense industry, like Rogers does.

The poor bastard's only got us.

When is the first moneybomb?

William Tell
05-13-2014, 03:58 PM
Bishop looks like such a puppet.

RandallFan
05-13-2014, 04:37 PM
Mike Rogers is worried that Chris Matthews will make of the anti-RINO candidate.