PDA

View Full Version : Sober driver arrested for drunk driving after deputy runs stop sign and crashes into her car

twomp
05-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Tanya Weyker of Milwaukee, Wisconsin has been fighting for over a year to clear her name and get her medical bills paid following a serious car accident with a Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Deputy.

WITI Fox6 investigated Weyker’s story in depth and reported about her ongoing struggle. It all started on the night of February 20, 2013, when Deputy Joseph Quiles, with the airport division of the Sheriff’s Office, T-boned Weyker’s Camry, sending it spinning into a tree. It would be discovered later that Weyker broke her neck in four places. She told the station, “It was a miracle I wasn’t paralyzed.”

After the accident, police and sheriff’s deputies interviewed those on the scene. Weyker recalled, “One deputy asked if I had anything to drink that night and I told him how I just had a few sips of a friend’s drink.” The deputy noted that she had a light odor of alcohol on her breath and that her speech was slurred. Another note said her eyes looked red and glassy. But Weyker, a 25-year-old with a spotless record said, “I explained to him my eyes were red and glassy because I was crying.” When asked about any prescription medication she had taken, Weyker told the deputy that she last took Vicodin the previous week when she had her wisdom teeth pulled.

Ms. Weyker’s injuries were too severe for officers to issue a field sobriety test and even get a breath sample. However, Weyker was arrested anyway on five charges including, “drunk driving causing injury.” Tests would later prove Weyker’s innocence finding no trace of alcohol or drugs in her system.

So why was she arrested? Todd Korb, Weyker’s lawyer, told WITI that the arrest was surprising because the authorities had virtually no evidence she was drunk. Korb said, “I can’t say it is necessarily a cover up, but it is suspicious.” Andrew Mishlove, a drunk driving defense expert, told the station that the only cause to arrest Weyker would have been if Deputy Quiles pointed the finger at her. “I think he was trying to protect himself and his department, to be honest,” said Weyker.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/%E2%80%98suspicious%E2%80%99--sober-driver-arrested-for-drunk-driving-after-deputy-runs-stop-sign-and-crashes-into-her-car-213839328.html

Red Green
05-02-2014, 07:37 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/%E2%80%98suspicious%E2%80%99--sober-driver-arrested-for-drunk-driving-after-deputy-runs-stop-sign-and-crashes-into-her-car-213839328.html

OK sweetie, I know you're only 25 and all and you've probably been told all your life that the pigs, er, I mean the cops are there to help you, but you might want to keep in mind one of those pigs, er, I mean cops just rammed the side of your car and damn near paralyzed you. Now whenever one of these pigs, er, I mean cops goes to ask you any questions SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Really, you're busted up and bleeding and here the pigs are questioning you? Tell them to FUCK OFF AND TAKE IT UP WITH YOUR LAWYER.

Clear now?

pcosmar
05-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Sober drivers.. They cause most accidents..

Drunk drivers get all the blame.

This time the got them all mixed together.

Another statistics to prove the danger of drunk driving. (when cops are the real danger)

HVACTech
05-02-2014, 08:05 PM

Another statistics to prove the danger of drunk driving. (when cops are the real danger)

some lady, crashed her car into my truck. she totaled it. good thing is, she hit the rear bumper.
ever seen two fat ladies trying to get out of the windows?
probably texting.
but I did get a new bumper and exhaust system of the deal.

Mani
05-02-2014, 09:44 PM
OK sweetie, I know you're only 25 and all and you've probably been told all your life that the pigs, er, I mean the cops are there to help you, but you might want to keep in mind one of those pigs, er, I mean cops just rammed the side of your car and damn near paralyzed you. Now whenever one of these pigs, er, I mean cops goes to ask you any questions SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Really, you're busted up and bleeding and here the pigs are questioning you? Tell them to FUCK OFF AND TAKE IT UP WITH YOUR LAWYER.

Clear now?

Great point. NEVER TALK TO POLICE. Oh she said vicodin and a few sips of a drink. Done. Book her.

Mani
05-02-2014, 09:53 PM
Woah woah woah.

He admits he lied!!!

How about charging him with a false arrest!?! and a host of other B.S!

In Deputy Quiles’ original report, he claimed that he came to a full stop at the stop sign and never saw Weyker’s headlights (Weyker’s car’s headlights were automatic). However, airport surveillance footage surfaced two days after the crash and refuted Quiles’ first account, showing him rolling through the stop sign. Even though this evidence showed Quiles was at fault, Weyker was still sent threatening letters by the county saying legal action would be taken if she didn’t pay for the damages.

Wait what?!!? Footage shows the cop is at fault and the state still threatened her to pay for everything!?!?

Ten months after the accident, after a Sheriff’s Office internal investigation, Quiles admitted that his first statements were wrong and that he was at fault for the accident. Quiles was suspended for nine days for the accident, but never punished for his false report, despite, WITI notes, “a previous history of discipline for filing reports written by someone else.”

Even though Quiles has admitted fault and the district attorney has decided to not file charges against Weyker, she is still waiting for the county to pay her mounting medical bills, which her attorney says could top one million dollars. Ms. Weyker has filed a complaint against the arresting deputy and may file a civil rights lawsuit against the county.

tod evans
05-03-2014, 05:45 AM
The broad who was hit;

http://localtvwiti.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/299277_10151612628293413_1639765713_n-2.jpg?w=225&h=300

The pig who T-boned her;

http://localtvwiti.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/quiles_staff_photo-e1398978056514.jpg?w=300&h=229

phill4paul
05-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Not intentionally malevolent.

Brian4Liberty
05-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Thank God the Deputy didn't say anything politically incorrect. Then he would need to be fired. It would make the Department look bad.

Christopher A. Brown
05-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Woah woah woah.

He admits he lied!!!

How about charging him with a false arrest!?! and a host of other B.S!

Ms. Weyker has filed a complaint against the arresting deputy and may file a civil rights lawsuit against the county.

Civil courts have the power to correct abberant government, but they need to be fully constitutional.

Since they mostly are not and have an agenda which empowers; neglect, non feasance and mal feasance, the rest of the nation needs to observe this and unify to reverse the trend from within their states and become "the rightful masters of the congress and the courts".

Americans need to exercise their first constitutional right, to "alter or abolish". First action, clean up states.

http://algoxy.com/poly/principal_party.html

A step by step process in this forum which stands un opposed because it is fully lawful and logical.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?444637-Georgia-House-approves-Article-V-convention&p=5433668&viewfull=1#post5433668

PRB
05-03-2014, 11:05 AM

Are you suggesting sober driving is more dangerous than drunk driving?

Origanalist
05-03-2014, 11:06 AM
It's a good thing Matt Collins wasn't doing a ride along.......

tod evans
05-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Are you suggesting sober driving is more dangerous than drunk driving?

Drunk driving is not the threat to society it's portrayed to be.

The costs associated with the DWI laws are in no way justified, socially or financially.

Then we could discuss how these insane laws are abused by kops and the courts to the detriment of liberty....

tod evans
05-03-2014, 11:12 AM
It's a good thing Matt Collins wasn't doing a ride along.......

"Copsucker"
http://www.mydisplayimage.com/blog/premium/anim_blowjob.gif

PRB
05-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Drunk driving is not the threat to society it's portrayed to be.

The costs associated with the DWI laws are in no way justified, socially or financially.

Then we could discuss how these insane laws are abused by kops and the courts to the detriment of liberty....

That wasn't my question. Whether drunk driving is exaggerated, or whether the punishments are necessary or warranted, does not change whether it's more dangerous than sober driving, answer my question if you can, thanks.

Natural Citizen
05-03-2014, 11:14 AM
That wasn't my question. Whether drunk driving is exaggerated, or whether the punishments are necessary or warranted, does not change whether it's more dangerous than sober driving, answer my question if you can, thanks.

Depends upon who is doing the drunk driving, I suppose. I mean you already have people licensed to kill and doing so willy nilly these days. Get a few drinks in them and they run around like fukin cowboys.

Three drunk cops shot at people this week in NYC (http://rt.com/usa/156488-three-drunk-cops-shot-nyc/)

PRB
05-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Depends upon who is doing the drunk driving, I suppose. I mean you already have people licensed to kill and doing so willy nilly these days. Get a few drinks in them and they run around like fukin cowboys.

Three drunk cops shot at people this week in NYC (http://rt.com/usa/156488-three-drunk-cops-shot-nyc/)

Depends? So sometimes it's more dangerous?

tod evans
05-03-2014, 11:17 AM

It's way too subjective to give a pat answer...

As Pete said, statistically sober drivers have always been involved in more accidents....

An honest person can't say "all" drunk drivers are at risk, or "all" sober drivers are...

PRB
05-03-2014, 11:19 AM
It's way too subjective to give a pat answer...

As Pete said, statistically sober drivers have always been involved in more accidents....

An honest person can't say "all" drunk drivers are at risk, or "all" sober drivers are...

Ok, so don't say all, can we say generally?

Does the fact statistically sober drivers are involved in more accidents make them more dangerous? It's a serious and not a trick question, think about it.

tod evans
05-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Ok, so don't say all, can we say generally?

Does the fact statistically sober drivers are involved in more accidents make them more dangerous? It's a serious and not a trick question, think about it.

I won't say generally, I will concede that some "drunk" drivers are more dangerous than some sober drivers.

Again it's way to subjective to make an honest/factual assertion one way or the other..

Throw in a few decades of propaganda and the likelihood of an unbiased study or opinion is pretty slim.

PRB
05-03-2014, 11:28 AM
I won't say generally, I will concede that some "drunk" drivers are more dangerous than some sober drivers.

Again it's way to subjective to make an honest/factual assertion one way or the other..

Throw in a few decades of propaganda and the likelihood of an unbiased study or opinion is pretty slim.

So at random, you believe in general they're equally dangerous?

Are you saying drunkeness/sobriety is not measurable or danger of driving is not measurable?

I can say some child molesters are safer than some murderers too. Everything has exceptions, right?

Not ALL police kill people, and not ALL non police don't kill people...you wanna play this game? I doubt it.

tod evans
05-03-2014, 11:34 AM
So at random, you believe in general they're equally dangerous?

I can say some child molesters are safer than some murderers too. Everything has exceptions, right?

Not ALL police kill people, and not ALL non police don't kill people...you wanna play this game? I doubt it.

I'm not "playing a game"...

It appears to frustrate you that I won't regurgitate the propaganda..

My personal experience over the course of 4+ decades of driving, the majority of which involved alcohol consumption, is that the majority of "drunk" drivers know their reactions are hampered and make the decision to exercise more caution than they would if they hadn't been drinking..

Your experiences may differ, that's why I keep insisting that it's subjective.

PRB
05-03-2014, 11:44 AM
I'm not "playing a game"...

It appears to frustrate you that I won't regurgitate the propaganda..

Statistics are not propaganda. Oh wait, let's cite a statistic and when somebody asks you what it means, shy away and say it says nothing.

My personal experience over the course of 4+ decades of driving, the majority of which involved alcohol consumption, is that the majority of "drunk" drivers know their reactions are hampered and make the decision to exercise more caution than they would if they hadn't been drinking..

Exercising more caution is not the same as actually being safe.

Your experiences may differ, that's why I keep insisting that it's subjective.

My experience doesn't need to differ for it to be subjective, and my experience may indeed differ, and it's still not necessarily subjective, they're 2 different things.

My experience is that people who handle guns kill less people than people who don't handle guns, therefore what? Guns kill less people? Or guns don't kill more people?