PDA

View Full Version : PA-Cops, serving warrant for somebody not there, shoot and kill family dog.

Anti Federalist
05-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Pa State Trooper shoots, kills family dog

http://fox43.com/2014/05/02/pa-state-trooper-shoots-kills-family-dog/#dOuEOdyqrlzZ0XRM.99

A State Trooper shot and killed a family dog while attempting to serve a warrant at a York County home. The owner thinks the situation should have been handled much differently.

Jeff Bletz is dealing with the fact that he will never see his dog Ace again. “Last night it really hit home. He’s not there when you lay down or get up in the morning,” said Bletz.

Pennsylvania State Police and Lower Windsor Township Police were helping to serve a warrant with the U.S. Marshals service for Bletz’s daughter Thursday morning. Bletz said his daughter was not there because she is currently at a treatment facility. In the meantime, police encountered Ace, Bletz’s 8-year old Rottweiler/Labrador mix, in his Lower Windsor Township yard.

“One of our troopers was assigned the perimeter of this home. He was confronted by a large Rottweiler that was growling at him and came charging at him, at which point in time he drew his service weapon, because he was fearing for his safety,” said Pennsylvania State Police Public Information Officer, Rob Hicks.

“He was a pretty gentle dog,” said Bletz. “I guess he was just big and scary looking.”

William Manes, a neighbor, heard the commotion. “I heard a lady say don’t shoot the dog, don’t shoot the dog! So I got off the couch and looked out the window and all of a sudden I saw the police officer shoot the dog three times real quick,” said Manes. “It was heartbreaking because he was a good dog. I could see if it’s one of those dogs that attacks people all of the time.”

“I was in the garage, the dog was out peeing, and the next thing I know I heard three shots. Ace came over with the hole in him and lied down and died,” said Bletz. “They should have at least identified themselves or let me know they were here, and let me call the dog in.”

(Fuck you! That's why. Now, move the fuck along before you get some of the same. - Officer Friendly)

Bletz also wonders why the trooper shot towards his house when his grandson was playing video games inside. “It wasn’t only the dog, there was a child right in that window of the house where he was shooting,” said Bletz.

(See above, Mr. Bletz - AF)

The incident is being investigated by State Police. “There is an internal investigation that will be conducted on this. Anytime a weapon is discharged, whether it is at a human or the dog, it’s still a use of force, therefore an internal investigation is conducted,” said Tpr. Hicks.

The trooper, whose name has not been released, is still on regular duty.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
05-02-2014, 04:49 PM
These families are too accommodating. It's only a matter of time.

mrsat_98
05-02-2014, 04:56 PM
They have not shot my dog, yet.

Anti Federalist
05-03-2014, 01:22 AM
////

Anti Federalist
05-06-2014, 02:33 PM
LETTER: Officer who shot dog shouldn't have gun

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/breaking/ci_25705182/letter-officer-who-shot-dog-shouldnt-have-gun

Updated: 05/06/2014 07:52:46 AM EDT

Shooting the family dog if there is a police officer out there who has to resort to shooting a dog when they enter someone's yard without acknowledging themselves or trying any attempt to stop the dog, they need to be removed from the police force.

I understand dogs can growl or run over to someone, but when you encounter a dog doing so you just stay put and ignore it — you don't shoot it.

My heart goes out to the owners of the dog. I can only hope the officer suffers the guilt of what he has done for the rest of his life. He shouldn't have a gun because he'll do the same thing again, and this time he may injure a child or an adult in the process.

KAREN ALLEN

West Manchester Twp.

Dr.3D
05-06-2014, 02:54 PM
LETTER: Officer who shot dog shouldn't have gun

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/breaking/ci_25705182/letter-officer-who-shot-dog-shouldnt-have-gun

Updated: 05/06/2014 07:52:46 AM EDT

Shooting the family dog if there is a police officer out there who has to resort to shooting a dog when they enter someone's yard without acknowledging themselves or trying any attempt to stop the dog, they need to be removed from the police force.

I understand dogs can growl or run over to someone, but when you encounter a dog doing so you just stay put and ignore it — you don't shoot it.

My heart goes out to the owners of the dog. I can only hope the officer suffers the guilt of what he has done for the rest of his life. He shouldn't have a gun because he'll do the same thing again, and this time he may injure a child or an adult in the process.

KAREN ALLEN

West Manchester Twp.

I doubt that officer has a conscience.

tod evans
05-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Until these armed gangs are hunted down like the dogs that they are this behavior will continue.

Keep writing letters, keep voting in smiling politicians, mourn your dead and imprisoned, one day you'll get mad....

Cissy
05-06-2014, 10:15 PM
The trooper, whose name has not been released, is still on regular duty.

We can't have peasants knowing who the sociopathic knight-of-the-realm is and shun him for his criminal behavior.