PDA

View Full Version : Trey Grayson: Rand Paul has ‘Real Shot’ at GOP Nomination

jct74
05-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Trey Grayson: Rand Paul ‘Real Shot’ at GOP Nomination''

By Rick Klein
May 2, 2014 10:41am

Trey Grayson got a first-hand and early look at Rand Paul’s political talents in the 2010 Senate Republican primary, where Paul upset the establishment-backed Grayson — a major moment in the tea party wars that came dominate the year.

Grayson, now from a perch as director of Harvard’s Institute of Politics, has begun to mend ties with the Kentucky senator, who recently appeared on stage with Grayson at Harvard. Grayson now sees Paul as a potential frontrunner in the 2016 presidential contest.

“He’s obviously extraordinarily talented with politics. He’s I think got a good sense of timing. He’s got a message that is resonating with Republican Party voters right now, and he’s a serious candidate,” Grayson told me and ESPN’s Andy Katz, in the latest episode of our podcast series “Capital Games.”

“I think he’s got a real shot at being the nominee. It’s too early to say whether he’s the favorite or not, but he’s certainly someone to be reckon with. Some of the things that I saw that he did quite well in running against me, he’s continuing to do that,” he said. “For the Republican Party to win more elections, we’ve got to do a better job of bringing younger voters into the fold, and Sen. Paul certainly does that.”

read more:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/05/trey-grayson-rand-paul-real-shot-at-gop-nomination/

Matt Collins
05-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Yeah, he would know lolz.

Aratus
05-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Matt... please run for public office!
I think Trey Grayson is not stupid.
I think he's sensing an open senate
seat this time for real that has way
less negative baggage to it, all told.

Aratus
05-02-2014, 05:45 PM
just because he has been on vacation up in New England after being
such a motivated Sec' of State, there are good folk in Kentucky who
will forgive him for going to our beaches in the sunny summer or to our
ski slopes during our chilly frosty winters. trey is not a political idiot.
half of the voters in kentucky in a given election may end up voting
for him despite or because of his ongoing shift to the political right.

Aratus
05-02-2014, 05:48 PM
At the polls, Trey's family connections have him being a blue-dawg Democrat magnet.
Due to Rand's run, Trey's education political has him TARPING down all MITTSTERS so
if he now thinks more often the way Senator Goldwater once did, there goes the Right.

Aratus
05-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Matt... we do not mock YOUNG Trey.
Kentucky politics is a spectator sport.

FriedChicken
05-02-2014, 07:36 PM
You're kinda hard to understand at times ...

RonPaulFanInGA
05-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Grayson has always seemed like a decent man. Even at the height of the Senate primary campaign in 2009-2010, I liked him better than Johnson.

Crashland
05-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Matt... we do not mock YOUNG Trey.
Kentucky politics is a spectator sport.

Why do you double, triple, quadruple post? :mad:

Anyway I liked what Trey said introducing Rand at Harvard. "Senator Paul got a lot more votes than I did, but I think we both won that day. He went on to become a United States senator, and I went on to become the director of the Harvard Institute of Politics."

Winning!

fisharmor
05-02-2014, 07:59 PM
Wait... isn't this the guy who hired some creep to stand around taping Rand cooking pancakes and not talk to anyone?

Aratus
05-03-2014, 05:11 AM
yes... "pancakes"

but there might be

a KY senate seat

openning up in 2o16

and if we can't

mobilize quick enuff

behind thomas massie

then lets be nice to trey