PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Mayweather Draws Ire For Stating the Obvious on the Abortion of his Twins

AuH20
05-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Shhhh! You're not allowed to talk about that. It makes people uncomfortable!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2014/05/01/Mayweather-Abortion-Caused-Breakup

Floyd Mayweather, who faces the heavy-handed Marcos Maidana on pay-per view Saturday night from Las Vegas, tweeted out that his recent breakup stemmed from his fiancee's abortion. The Tweet quickly coaxed a delete.

"The real reason me and Shantel Christine Jackson @missjackson broke up was because she got a abortion," the undefeated welterweight tweeted, "and I'm totally against killing babies. She killed our twin babies."

Reportedly, Jackson, who had received a $10 million engagement ring from the fighter, initially told Mayweather she had miscarried. Since the breakup last year, she has moved on to a relationship with the rapper Nelly.

tod evans
05-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Sounds like a potential advocate for fathers rights in the abortion arena....

PaulConventionWV
05-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Gold digger, anyone?

angelatc
05-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Clippers guard J.J. Redick and Houston Texans running back Arian Foster recently weathered accusations that they pressured girlfriends to abort their unborn children. Mayweather, who certainly can afford an expanding brood, appears as the rare athlete baby-daddy welcoming offspring instead of hiring a medical hit man to exterminate them.

Somehow this makes him a horrible person.

Good for him for dumping her for that, too.

eduardo89
05-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Good for him for dumping her for that, too.

I agree. Nice to see a pro-life athlete. Poor guy, though. I can't imagine the pain a man must feel when his children are murdered.

AuH20
05-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Gold digger, anyone?

I wonder if she vindictively broke it off and terminated the twins after Mayweather brought up a prenuptial agreement?

angelatc
05-02-2014, 10:33 AM
I agree. Nice to see a pro-life athlete. Poor guy, though. I can't imagine the pain a man must feel when his children are murdered.

The gold-digger comment made my head explode. If she had gone through with the pregnancy, she would have been accused of getting knocked up for profit, too.

PaulConventionWV
05-02-2014, 07:27 PM
The gold-digger comment made my head explode. If she had gone through with the pregnancy, she would have been accused of getting knocked up for profit, too.

And it probably would have been true. Either way, she's probably in it for the money.

$10million engagement ring, done. On to Nelly the Rapper.

Antischism
05-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Very fair reason to break up with someone, if that is your belief. I see no problem with it.

Origanalist
05-02-2014, 08:18 PM

I have twins, I don't even want to think about it. It has to be awful.

Nirvikalpa
05-02-2014, 09:11 PM
I guess it's ok to slander someone, and to post the personal medical history of someone (HIPAA, anyone?) as long as that person is a woman who **supposedly** had an abortion.

What a class act. Guess right to privacy doesn't apply here?

It's literally unbelievable here how many only support basic rights for those who align with their own political (and unfortunately, moral) beliefs. The threads/posts within the last couple of days are astounding.

Edit // Seriously, it took 10 replies to even bring up the issue of privacy with medical documents?! Also love the morality-support for a man with a known history of domestic violence... yes, I'm sure he cares lots about his kids, which is exactly why he beat up the mother(s) of his children... the fact he has a giant PPV event coming up within the next few days couldn't possibly be a reason why he posted this...

Saragosa said Wednesday she was persuaded to jail Mayweather following his admission that he hit Harris and twisted her arm, and that two of their children, ages 9 and 10, witnessed the attack.

Mayweather threatened to kill or make Harris "disappear," Saragosa said, and their 10-year-old son ran from the house and jumped a back gate to fetch security. Mayweather had taken cellphones belonging to Harris and the two boys.

"Things could have gotten more out of hand than they did," the judge said.

Luzaich cited three previous domestic violence arrests for scuffles involving Harris, with whom Mayweather has three children, and three cases involving another woman with whom Mayweather has one child.

kcchiefs6465
05-02-2014, 09:30 PM
I guess it's ok to slander someone, and to post the personal medical history of someone (HIPAA, anyone?) as long as that person is a woman who **supposedly** had an abortion.

It's literally unbelievable here how many only support basic rights for those who align with their own political (and unfortunately, moral) beliefs. The threads/posts within the last couple of days are astounding.

// Seriously, it took 10 replies to even bring up the issue of privacy with medical documents?!
If someone murdered my children, they could only pray I'd be so civil.

That being said, Floyd Mayweather is a fool. (not for this, mind you, but for his other antics)

The Free Hornet
05-02-2014, 09:33 PM

// Seriously, it took 10 replies to even bring up the issue of privacy with medical documents?!

This is more about the present medical condition of his kids.

Nirvikalpa
05-02-2014, 09:34 PM
If someone murdered my children, they could only pray I'd be so civil.

That being said, Floyd Mayweather is a fool. (not for this, mind you, but for his other antics)

He has a history of domestic violence, so he's not at all that civil.

Nirvikalpa
05-02-2014, 09:38 PM
This is more about the present medical condition of his kids.

Which no one knows, because he posted a picture of an ultrasound and literally just that. As of right now it's nothing but accusations, put out at a very odd time.

AuH20
05-02-2014, 09:39 PM

Floyd Mayweather is far from being a paragon of virtue, but as the biological father he has the right to speak his mind about his offspring.

Nirvikalpa
05-02-2014, 09:49 PM
So he's against killing babies, but has no problem putting images in his own children's head of their mothers being beaten and dragged... got it.

Interesting who people will stand behind on this forum, with very little proof of their accusations might I add, given the circumstances.

kcchiefs6465
05-02-2014, 10:05 PM
That's still civil in the certain instances described. (I don't know the timeline nor care, to be honest)

I hold Floyd Mayweather in no particular respect, by the way, even with these comments. It is the reaction of any father who'd found out their children were murdered, dismembered, burned for convenience, or sold.

I cannot help what certain 'men' do. That's not directed in any way towards this OP, though. Don't murder babies.

Antischism
05-02-2014, 10:17 PM

Edit // Seriously, it took 10 replies to even bring up the issue of privacy with medical documents?! Also love the morality-support for a man with a known history of domestic violence... yes, I'm sure he cares lots about his kids, which is exactly why he beat up the mother(s) of his children... the fact he has a giant PPV event coming up within the next few days couldn't possibly be a reason why he posted this...

Interesting. I only read the tweet as posted in this thread and assumed he merely made that comment and there wasn't much more to it. I should have known better than to take a snippet from a Breitbart article at face value.

specsaregood
05-02-2014, 10:32 PM

What about HIPAA? Last I checked, the privacy rule portion only affected businesses and professionals holding a persons medical information. It doesn't have anything to do with an ex-fiancé's knowledge of somebody's medical history. the only way Mayweather would know about her medical status is if she disclosed it to him herself. I don't think you have much right to privacy when you go around disclosing the information yourself.

eduardo89
05-03-2014, 12:05 AM
I guess it's ok to slander someone,

Slander = spoken statements. The word you're looking for is libel.

and to post the personal medical history of someone (HIPAA, anyone?)

HIPAA privacy rules only apply to apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, and to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA.
http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/summary/

For someone saying they're going to study medicine, this is something you probably should have known.

as long as that person is a woman who **supposedly** had an abortion.

Ah yes, the obligatory "women are always the victims" statement. Classic Nirvikalpa.

No, the 'right to privacy' does not apply here. It only applies to government agents.

Edit // Seriously, it took 10 replies to even bring up the issue of privacy with medical documents?!

What medical documents did he leak?

juleswin
05-03-2014, 12:20 AM
The whole thing is just very odd. For one, she could have ensured that she and her kids be taken care off for the rest of her life by giving birth to his twins. Secondly, she has access to the best healthcare money can provide and more access to birth control than Sandra Fluke can wish for, so I am surprised how she did not take care of this and let her self get pregnant when it's now obvious that she did not want a kid.

That or I think Floyd Mayweather is telling a lie

Origanalist
05-03-2014, 06:11 AM
The whole thing is just very odd. For one, she could have ensured that she and her kids be taken care off for the rest of her life by giving birth to his twins. Secondly, she has access to the best healthcare money can provide and more access to birth control than Sandra Fluke can wish for, so I am surprised how she did not take care of this and let her self get pregnant when it's now obvious that she did not want a kid.

That or I think Floyd Mayweather is telling a lie

It's a possibility. But why anyone gets a abortion in todays culture of death shouldn't be a surprise. Even the president said he wouldn't want to "burden" his daughters with a child.

Voluntarist
05-03-2014, 07:52 AM
xxxxx

Voluntarist
05-03-2014, 07:58 AM
xxxxx

Origanalist
05-03-2014, 08:14 AM
From Fight Hype (http://www.fighthype.com/news/article16880.html)

Informed by who?

Nirvikalpa
05-03-2014, 09:42 AM
What about HIPAA? Last I checked, the privacy rule portion only affected businesses and professionals holding a persons medical information. It doesn't have anything to do with an ex-fiancé's knowledge of somebody's medical history. the only way Mayweather would know about her medical status is if she disclosed it to him herself. I don't think you have much right to privacy when you go around disclosing the information yourself.

And how do we know the hospital didn't leak the information or give him the scans? Employees do it (for a few pennies).

Origanalist
05-03-2014, 09:48 AM
And how do we know the hospital didn't leak the information or give him the scans? Employees do it (for a few pennies).

If that's the case, given the publicity surrounding this someones in a bit of trouble.

Paulbot99
05-03-2014, 11:13 AM
I am sad for the dude if she did kill his kids. I don't hold him up as some snow-white innocent victim or condone any wrongs he did in the past, but if we are not allowed to feel empathy for someone's very real pain, then we are all in trouble.

I don't pretend to be the woman's judge, but I feel sorry for her. Abortion kills the soul and society will oppose any real healing. To dismiss a woman's pain as irrational, hormonal, or "insert rationalization here" is the real war on women.

eduardo89
05-03-2014, 02:01 PM

Considering he's the father of the two dead children and that they were engaged...the more likely explanation is he had a copy of the sonogram.

specsaregood
05-03-2014, 04:03 PM

And how do we know that she wasn't secretly a reptilian and the reason for the abortions is it would produce mutant hybrids and disclose to the world their existence? Oh right; both that and your question require the suspense of belief and the creation of conspiracy theories without any proof or even allegation by the affected parties.