PDA

View Full Version : Metro Police Still Shaken Up After Bundy Standoff

AuH20
05-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Somebody should send this to the progs who have rationalized that this will be a cakewalk going forward. Even being disorganized, when you bring that much of a force multiplier, the authorities are going to cower.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25395552/i-team-police-faced-possible-bloodbath-at-bundy-protest

Metro officers deal with large crowds all the time, but nothing like this. The crowd included former military men and ex-cops, people with various motives, their fingers poised just above the triggers of powerful weapons. With so much firepower in so many hands, a small incident could have set off a bloodbath and left nearly two dozen officers dead.

Assist. Sheriff Joe Lombardo:"We were outgunned, outmanned and there would not have been a good result from it."
I-Team reporter George Knapp: "A lot of scenarios could have played out that would have left a lot of dead officers."
Assist. Sheriff Joe Lombardo: "If you just have a backfire, somebody pops a firecracker, then it's over. We're done. We are going to lose that battle that day."

As the crowd closed in on the BLM compound, and tensions approached critical mass, Lombardo made the call to release the cattle and diffuse the situation.

"Sometimes in public safety, it is hard to back down. We are not trained to operate that way, but they took the better route, and it was the right way to go," Lombardo said. "It's all about lives. I mean, what is the better route to go? To be right or to be effective? "

If one tiny mistake had been made, the community might be attending funerals for slain police officers, law enforcement officials said. Dozens of people could have been killed if shooting had broken out.

The I-Team has learned that those who were involved in threatening the lives of officers are not off the hook, even if it takes a year or more to resolve.

AuH20
05-02-2014, 12:46 AM
BTW I think that news station is blocking comments that they don't like. I just wrote a comment comparing Bundy's plight to that of the woman involved in Kelo v New London and it was not approved and thus deleted. They don't want people conversing about the truth.

Scrapmo
05-02-2014, 01:29 AM
" a small incident could have set off a bloodbath and left nearly two dozen officers dead."

Oh no...

"If you just have a backfire, somebody pops a firecracker, then it's over. We're done."

Acctually, thats how you and yours operate. A dirty look, a sudden twitch, "an agressive stance" is all it takes for a cop. These guys showed better restraint and judgement than a cop ever would. The proof is that all the officer are still alive after barking orders, pointing thier weapons at the protesters, assualting the protesters etc..
Imagine if the tables were turned and the BLM had the superiour numbers and the protesters behaved that way...would the authorities have shown restraint? Or would every last one of them have been cut down?

" but they took the better route, and it was the right way to go," Lombardo said. "It's all about lives."

I love how its all about lives when the officers lives are at stake. Every other day its about compliance and genuflection.

tod evans
05-02-2014, 05:34 AM
Trying to save face....:rolleyes:

WM_in_MO
05-02-2014, 05:43 AM
"If you just have a backfire, somebody pops a firecracker, then it's over. We're done. We are going to lose that battle that day."

Yea, the COPS would have started shooting.

phill4paul
05-02-2014, 06:05 AM
Good.

MikeStanart
05-02-2014, 06:07 AM
All I'm reading is: " We would have massacred them all, but our losses would have been too high so we retreated".

tod evans
05-02-2014, 06:10 AM
We are going to lose that battle

A "public servant" going into battle against the citizenry...

Am I the only one to get rankled by his terminology?

RJB
05-02-2014, 06:13 AM
Trying to save face....:rolleyes:

Which one? They are usually 2 faced.

moostraks
05-02-2014, 06:46 AM
All I'm reading is: " We would have massacred them all, but our losses would have been too high so we retreated".

That is exactly what I read too, so you are not alone. He was strictly concerned with officer safety. Love the threat of how they will now go after whom they please and take their own sweet time doing so.

tod evans
05-02-2014, 06:52 AM
That is exactly what I read too, so you are not alone. He was strictly concerned with officer safety. Love the threat of how they will now go after whom they please and take their own sweet time doing so.

Like snakes in the grass theses lowly public servants will lie in wait and assault and then kidnap the men who stood against them...

They will, of course, make certain that the odds are drastically in their favor and you can bet they will not show the same restraint they were shown.

There's a good chance it'll get messy.......

fisharmor
05-02-2014, 06:55 AM
Like snakes in the grass theses lowly public servants will lie in wait and assault and then kidnap the men who stood against them...

They will, of course, make certain that the odds are drastically in their favor and you can bet they will not show the same restraint they were shown.

There's a good chance it'll get messy.......

They'll do no such thing.

First they'll take his cars.
Then they'll take his assets.
Then they'll take his house.

Then they'll deliver the message that his children are next, and the only way to stop that is to report to the station.

Origanalist
05-02-2014, 07:00 AM
BTW I think that news station is blocking comments that they don't like. I just wrote a comment comparing Bundy's plight to that of the woman involved in Kelo v New London and it was not approved and thus deleted. They don't want people conversing about the truth.

But, they are THE NEWS!!!!????? :confused:

tod evans
05-02-2014, 07:07 AM
They'll do no such thing.

First they'll take his cars.
Then they'll take his assets.
Then they'll take his house.

Then they'll deliver the message that his children are next, and the only way to stop that is to report to the station.

That's been the accepted modus-operandi for white collar indictments but I've not noticed them using such begin techniques on "crazy radicals"...Or alleged "terrorists"...

Red Green
05-02-2014, 07:14 AM
And the brave peace officers bravely ran away! Bravely ran away! Bravely ran away!

After all, they have some unarmed, homeless people they can gang up on. Why bother with going after people who are equally equipped and ready to deal with you? Gangs operate off preying off the weak, not trying to take on the strong.

AuH20
05-02-2014, 08:15 AM
And the brave peace officers bravely ran away! Bravely ran away! Bravely ran away!

After all, they have some unarmed, homeless people they can gang up on. Why bother with going after people who are equally equipped and ready to deal with you? Gangs operate off preying off the weak, not trying to take on the strong.

They don't have the resolve nor the training for a long drawn out war. This coming storm is way above the police level. Like Kurtz said in the conclusion of Apocalypse Now to Willard in his lair, "You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill."

Pericles
05-02-2014, 10:53 AM

Maybe that line about a well regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free state has some truth to it.

pcosmar
05-02-2014, 11:07 AM
That Channel 8 news team has been very antagonistic from the beginning.

They have a "leftist" slant on everything.. and were the crew run off by a guy with an Oath Keeper hat in one clip that was posted here..
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?449990-Bundy-Ranch-supporters-behaving-badly&highlight=Behaving+badly

They are the ones pushing an anti-Bundy "news" in that area.

ChristianAnarchist
05-02-2014, 11:45 AM

So true...

phill4paul
05-02-2014, 11:49 AM
That Channel 8 news team has been very antagonistic from the beginning.

They have a "leftist" slant on everything.. and were the crew run off by a guy with an Oath Keeper hat in one clip that was posted here..
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?449990-Bundy-Ranch-supporters-behaving-badly&highlight=Behaving+badly

They are the ones pushing an anti-Bundy "news" in that area.

I really wish they had an SOP (and maybe they did and do) wherein any contact made with media would be handled by a media liaison otherwise an individual would be ejected from camp.

pcosmar
05-02-2014, 11:53 AM
I really wish they had an SOP (and maybe they did and do) wherein any contact made with media would be handled by a media liaison otherwise an individual would be ejected from camp.

I have no idea,,
I do not know if that person was acting alone,, nor what had transpired just before that.. It is only a cut of what the highly antagonistic crew chose to show.

There may have been a damn good reason to run them off.. that is not shown in the clip they chose to show.

That "news" team has had an agenda from the start.

phill4paul
05-02-2014, 12:11 PM
I have no idea,,
I do not know if that person was acting alone,, nor what had transpired just before that.. It is only a cut of what the highly antagonistic crew chose to show.

There may have been a damn good reason to run them off.. that is not shown in the clip they chose to show.

That "news" team has had an agenda from the start.

Hell, I don't even know if that video was manufactured. Still, I have read other news reports quoting militia men (mostly just mugging for the thrill of being on camera or in a paper nothing particularly harmful). While the OK's were running their PR campaign the camp still should have a media liaison and forbid any contact with media by individuals. Again, they very well might. I would.

JK/SEA
05-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Looks like we'll have an interesting time during the trials. .... is everyone ready?

pcosmar
05-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Hell, I don't even know if that video was manufactured. Still, I have read other news reports quoting militia men (mostly just mugging for the thrill of being on camera or in a paper nothing particularly harmful).

Some,, and some just because of their position.(and they know they are targeted)

Most are not on camera. At all.

Interestingly,, the town hall video shows local people very supportive of the militia,, despite reports by this news station.

and some audio (podcasts) militia guys talk about being very welcomed by the local community.