PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul, Florida and Rodham

Boshembechle
05-01-2014, 11:17 AM
How can our libertarian friend win the WH when he is getting trashed in a supposed swing state?

49 - 41 percent over Bush;
52 - 40 percent over Rubio;
55 - 37 percent over Paul;
52 - 34 percent over Christie;
56 - 36 percent over Ryan;
57 - 31 percent over Cruz;
53 - 35 percent over Huckabee.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/florida/release-detail?ReleaseID=2037

jkr
05-01-2014, 11:32 AM
win?

we have to BUY the vote

jtstellar
05-01-2014, 11:34 AM
link at the end.

the same way able-bodied guy like you get a real job? namely the chances are great. go watch this video indirectly addressing liberals and see how he can be better than your rank and file democrat 2016 nominee, then decide if you're going to continue trolling. assuming you're even an ideological person wanting the better for this world and not just desperate about your paycheck: http://forum.iop.harvard.edu/content/public-address-senator-rand-paul

Brett85
05-01-2014, 11:35 AM
He's doing at least as good as all of the non Florida Republicans.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Doing better than all non-Florida Republicans. God, Cruz is down 26 points.

As for the poll, it's f-ing 2014. Hillary Clinton leads because everyone knows her name. All early polls are about name ID, and you're going to concern troll over such a non-story?

oyarde
05-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Actually Florida will be a tough win for any Pub , ever in the future I imagine.

angelatc
05-01-2014, 11:47 AM
I don't think that anybody should be surprised to learn that Paul is going to have trouble taking Florida if Bush runs. Texas is also likely to be a problem if Bush and/or Cruz runs.

But - only two candidates are trending toward growth, and that's good news for us.

REGISTERED REPUBLICANS
May 01 Jan 31 Nov 22
2014 2014 2013

Bush 27 25 22
Christie 7 9 14
Cruz 6 9 12
Huckabee 6 na na
Jindal 1 3 3
Paul 14 11 9
Rubio 11 16 18
Ryan 6 5 6
Walker 4 5 2
SMONE ELSE 1 2 1
WLDN'T VOTE 2 2 1
DK/NA 16 14 12

Why did the OP call her "Rodham?" Is the left trying to distance Bill from Hillary? That makes no sense.

Brett85
05-01-2014, 11:48 AM
Actually Florida will be a tough win for any Pub , ever in the future I imagine.
Agreed. It's becoming more and more blue all the time, mostly because of demographic changes. The area that the GOP can make inroads in is the Midwest, which is a much more heavily white area. The right Republican is capable of winning states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc.

oyarde
05-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Agreed. It's becoming more and more blue all the time, mostly because of demographic changes. The area that the GOP can make inroads in is the Midwest, which is a much more heavily white area. The right Republican is capable of winning states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, etc.

I think the states like Penn ,Mn, Ia etc are going to have to be gotten

dannno
05-01-2014, 11:55 AM
He's doing at least as good as all of the non Florida Republicans.

Good point, the only Republicans on top of him are both from Florida.

thoughtomator
05-01-2014, 11:57 AM
We don't need Florida - it should be written off. It is a HIGHLY statist culture. We can peel off all sorts of other states from the traditional Dem bloc that no other Republican could. Our electoral math is completely different from the math of a "mainstream" GOP candidate.

Brett85
05-01-2014, 12:25 PM
We don't need Florida - it should be written off. It is a HIGHLY statist culture. We can peel off all sorts of other states from the traditional Dem bloc that no other Republican could. Our electoral math is completely different from the math of a "mainstream" GOP candidate.

I agree. I was thinking the other day that if Rand were the GOP nominee, he might be really competitive in the Western states that Republicans normally aren't competitive in, such as Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, etc.

thoughtomator
05-01-2014, 12:50 PM
I agree. I was thinking the other day that if Rand were the GOP nominee, he might be really competitive in the Western states that Republicans normally aren't competitive in, such as Washington, Oregon, New Mexico, etc.

More than that... a whole host of states in the Northeast come into play, as do states like Wisconsin and Minnesota. And of course the big one, California, is most definitely in play with Rand as the candidate.

Brett85
05-01-2014, 01:20 PM
More than that... a whole host of states in the Northeast come into play, as do states like Wisconsin and Minnesota. And of course the big one, California, is most definitely in play with Rand as the candidate.

I don't think that California is going to be in play for quite some time. Libertarian Republicans may be able to slowly bring California back towards the GOP over time, but it's not going to happen in 2016. But Washington and Oregon are significantly less liberal and Democratic than California and could be in play if Rand wins the GOP nomination.

Brett85
05-01-2014, 07:02 PM
It's interesting that Rand actually does 23% better in Colorado than Florida, even though both of them are swing states that President Obama just barely won. Rand is down by 18% in this poll but was up by 5% in the Quinnipiac Colorado poll. It doesn't look like Florida will be a very good state for Rand in 2016. The Western states will be.