PDA

View Full Version : Man says officer ‘fought back a smile’ after shooting friendly dog in the head

green73
05-01-2014, 09:52 AM
http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Arzy-Kensington-3.jpg

SULPHUR, LA — Witnesses dispute an officer’s version of events after a dog was shot in the top of the head in a parking lot. The owner says that the cop fought back a smile after shooting his friendly, tail-wagging dog for no discernible reason — while it was tied up on a leash.

The officer told Carpenter to “get your dog” and allowed him to tie it to the nearby fence with the leash. The men were then handcuffed and led a few feet away.

Carpenter says the cop kept his gun “poised in hand,” and went back to where the dog was tied up. The owner explained what happened next:

“About 20 seconds later, without a warning, a scuffle, a bark, or a voice command, there was a single shot fired, right through the top of Arzy dog’s head. I sat there in cuffs in the rain watching my dog convulse his last few breaths. I was sobbing and asking why. The officer tried to fight off a smile while telling me that the dog tried to bite his foot. [Arzy] was on a 3 and a half foot leash, unable to move more than 3 and a half feet.

I then was placed in the back of the cop car facing my dead, blood-stained dog. About a half an hour later, a few more cops showed up and I had to watch as they stuffed his body into a trash bag and threw him into the back of a truck. I feel so sad and empty right now. How can people have so much hate in their heart? I’m sick with grief.”

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/justice-for-arzy/

Anti Federalist
05-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Arzy Kengsinton did this to himself.

Anti Federalist
05-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Not intentionally malevolent.

Anti Federalist
05-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Mr. Carpenter says that his efforts to plan a protest have been met with intimidation from the town of Sulphur. He says that Mayor Christopher Duncan told him that he could not protest unless he obtained a permit, and that his protest had to be covered by $10,000.00 worth of liability insurance. Carpenter was told that he would have to schedule a hearing to ask for permission for the permit — and the earliest date that he would be heard would be over three weeks from now.

Freedom.

tod evans
05-01-2014, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the liberty movement Mr. Carpenter...

SeanTX
05-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by FrankRep "Kelly Thomas did this to himself."

This guy is a "bum", like Kelly Thomas was. Cops, being the cowardly predators they are, they know it's open season to do anything they want to bums and hobos.

This won't stop until they start doing it regularly to people who are upper-middle class and above.

Anti Federalist
05-01-2014, 10:03 AM
How can people have so much hate in their heart?

It's not so much hate, Brandon, as it is total, complete and unaccountable power.

Not only can the asshole cop kill your dog, he could kill you, and be reasonably sure nothing at all would happen to him, other than two weeks paid vacation.

Anti Federalist
05-01-2014, 10:05 AM
This guy is a "bum", like Kelly Thomas was. Cops know it's open season to do anything they want to bums and hobos. This won't stop until they start doing it regularly to people who are upper-middle class and above.

They know where their bread is buttered.

The elites get enhanced 911 "service".

Us Mundanes, like as not, get 200 grains to the cerebellum.

Red Green
05-01-2014, 10:37 AM
I would just like to say that even if this pig ended up doing time for killing the dog, I would personally do a happy dance if he got jumped, beaten to within and inch of his life and ended up shitting into a bag for the rest of it.

Just sayin....

fisharmor
05-01-2014, 10:42 AM
This won't stop until they start doing it regularly to people who are upper-middle class and above.

Like Cheye Calvo?

tod evans
05-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Purposely making it where a sane person must weigh his chances....

Are the odds better to shoot first and then beg permission or to submit and beg compensation....

Philhelm
05-01-2014, 11:05 AM
When I drive home from work and see a worthless pig on the side of the highway outside of his vehicle, sometimes I get the urge to [mod delete]. At this point, I'm just itching for a reason.

Pericles
05-01-2014, 11:29 AM
When I drive home from work and see a worthless pig on the side of the highway outside of his vehicle, sometimes I get the urge to [mod delete]. At this point, I'm just itching for a reason.

Old Japanese saying: The man who waits by the river a very long time, may one day see the corpse of his enemy float by.

otherone
05-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Welcome to the liberty movement Mr. Carpenter...

possibly. Or more possibly:

The Sheep says: tHeRe OuGhTa BeYa LaW

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/7139PjGu38L.jpg

moostraks
05-01-2014, 11:46 AM
Old Japanese saying: The man who waits by the river a very long time, may one day see the corpse of his enemy float by.
True, but I sure can sympathize with philhelm as I find myself snarling every time I see a uniformed officer. The costume evokes feelings of rage as it symbolizes all those abused by those who received immunity for their actions. Shall not surprise me to see a tipping point in the not too distant future for the king's army in which the oppressed rise up and refuse to take it any more. There is strength in numbers and shining the light on these roaches masquerading as humans will hopefully turn the tide.

Root
05-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Just another day in AmerKia

Thor
05-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Who is maintaining the list? Add Officer Brian Thierbach to it please....

SeanTX
05-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Like Cheye Calvo?

I didn't say it never happens to the upper-middle class and elites -- thus why I said things like this would have to happen "regularly" to those people before any change came about.

With those folks such things are truly "isolated" incidents -- not so much with the rest of us -- with most of us it is "SOP".

Cissy
05-01-2014, 01:10 PM
http://www.gonewiththetwins.com/pages/features/2010/images/toptencopmovies/t2.JPG

We were told they don't like dogs, years ago....

Suzanimal
05-01-2014, 01:30 PM
The cop's a sadistic fuck and whoever called the cops is an asshole.

He says that Mayor Christopher Duncan told him that he could not protest unless he obtained a permit, and that his protest had to be covered by $10,000.00 worth of liability insurance. Carpenter was told that he would have to schedule a hearing to ask for permission for the permit — and the earliest date that he would be heard would be over three weeks from now.

Nothing says freedom like a permit and $10,000.00 worth of liability insurance.

Anti Federalist
05-02-2014, 02:19 PM
////

Anti Federalist
05-02-2014, 02:24 PM
////

evilfunnystuff
05-02-2014, 02:25 PM
They know where their bread is buttered.

Us Mundanes, like as not, get 200 grains to the cerebellum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C46WJFCHToo

Inkblots
05-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Cruelty to animals is listed in the DSM as one of the most reliable indicators of Anti-social Personality Disorder, which is the technical term for what we used to call psychopathy. Looking at the number of stories like this I've read recently, it's harrowing to consider how many literal psychopaths are running around this country with a badge and gun.

Anti Federalist
05-13-2014, 12:33 AM
Sulphur police officer who shot dog resigns

http://www.kplctv.com/story/25464832/sulphur-officer-who-shot-dog-resigns

SULPHUR, LA (KPLC) -

Brian Thierbach, the Sulphur police officer who fatally shot a dog last week, has resigned.

Sulphur Police Chief Lewis Coats said Thierbach submitted his resignation Wednesday, prior to final disciplinary action being taken against him.

Coats said that the joint investigation found that Thierbach "violated the Sulphur Police Department's Departmental Policy and Procedure regarding Use of Force and Personal Conduct and Behavior."

"In an effort to maintain transparency and to assure no appearance of impropriety, (we) requested the assistance of the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office in conducting an internal affairs investigation of Officer Thierbach's actions regarding the shooting of a dog on April 28, 2014," Coats said in a news release.

"I am a dog lover and I am deeply saddened by this incident," Coats said. "I realize there is nothing I can say that would take away the hurt this incident has caused Mr. Brandon Carpenter. The actions of Officer Thierbach did not represent what I expect from the officers of the Sulphur Police Department. Those of us who serve as law enforcement officers do so with the responsibility of serving and protecting the community as professionals. The resignation of Officer Thierbach was accepted so that the officers and community can heal and move forward."

Coats said the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office is conducting a criminal investigation into the shooting.

DamianTV
05-13-2014, 01:21 AM
... that he could not protest unless he obtained a permit ...

Guess the Revolutions off, we couldnt get a permit.

So much excess of Freedom, Im taking a bath in the stuff!

Anti Federalist
06-07-2014, 12:21 AM
Louisiana police officer who shot Maine man’s dog charged with aggravated animal cruelty

https://bangordailynews.com/2014/06/06/news/portland/louisiana-police-officer-who-shot-maine-mans-dog-charged-with-aggravated-animal-cruelty/?ref=topStories4

6 June 2014

The former Louisiana officer accused of shooting and killing Arzy, a Maine man’s leashed dog, was indicted Thursday by a Calcasieu Parish Grand Jury on a felony charge of aggravated animal cruelty.

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Brian Thierbach, who resigned in May from his position as a police officer in the community of Sulphur, Louisiana, according to Holly Carter of the Calcasieu Parish District Attorney’s Office.

A judge has set Thierbach’s bail at $20,000, she said, adding that she did not know if he had turned himself in to authorities yet or if he has retained an attorney. Her office will be prosecuting the criminal case against the former police officer.

Alyson Antoon, the attorney for itinerant Portland musician Brandon Carpenter, said that the grand jury made a quick decision after holding a hearing.

“We’re very pleased. I’ve seen a lot of the evidence in this case, and from what I’ve seen, they definitely made the right decision,” she said. “The evidence was overwhelming.”

Carpenter said that he was handcuffed on the ground when Thierbach shot Arzy, his Labrador-Newfoundland-golden retriever mix, on the morning of April 28. The Maine musician and his friend, Logan Laliberte of Auburn, had hopped off a freight train in Sulphur and had climbed into an empty box truck in the local newspaper’s parking lot to sleep out of the rain when they were found by local police.

Thierbach told Carpenter that Arzy had nipped his foot, but an independent witness to the events told police that the dog had not attacked the officer.

An internal affairs investigation into Thierbach’s actions found that he had violated the Sulphur Police Department’s policies and procedures regarding the use of force, personal conduct and behavior. Police Chief Louis Coats said in a news release issued in May that he was a dog lover and was deeply saddened by the incident, and that Thierbach’s resignation was accepted so the officers and community can heal and move forward.

Carpenter has told the BDN that he plans to stay in Sulphur until justice has been done for Arzy, a dog he described as incredibly friendly and a big teddy bear. So far, his efforts to seek justice have attracted national attention, both in the media and on social networking sites like Facebook. Even actress and animal rights activist Kristen Johnston, who starred on the television show 3rd Rock From The Sun, has called for justice for Arzy on her blog.

A May rally at a park in Sulphur drew more than 100 people who came to support Carpenter and honor the life of his dog.

“[Thierbach] thought I was just a train-hopping punk, and he could shoot my dog and get away with it,” Carpenter said in a telephone interview in April. “You messed with the wrong traveler.”

Suzanimal
06-07-2014, 03:48 AM
The former Louisiana officer accused of shooting and killing Arzy, a Maine man’s leashed dog, was indicted Thursday by a Calcasieu Parish Grand Jury on a felony charge of aggravated animal cruelty.

Good, now lets see if they find him guilty.

JK/SEA
06-07-2014, 08:20 AM
“You messed with the wrong traveler.”

got a feeling we'll be hearing that statement more and more....

oh...and Mr. Dog killer....rot in hell.

thankyou.

Thor
06-07-2014, 08:50 AM
Will be interesting to see if he is found guilt and how much of a punishment he gets. "Don't do it again."

The ratio of outcomes like this to unwarranted dog shootings is still shocking....

SeanTX
06-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Good, now lets see if they find him guilty.

Nah, all it will take is one copsucker/cop/cop family member on the jury to vote "not guilty."

Still, I guess getting an indictment is a small victory -- a bump in the road in his career until he moves on to his next LEO agency.

Henry Rogue
06-07-2014, 09:24 AM
“[Thierbach] thought I was just a train-hopping punk, and he could shoot my dog and get away with it,” Carpenter said in a telephone interview in April. “You messed with the wrong traveler.”
It all depends on whether the leader of the local mob, likes dogs or not. Dogs tug at the heart strings of this particular mob boss, lucky for you. Unlucky for you, that you crossed the path of a sadist with the power to decide whether you or your dog should live or die.

Cap
06-07-2014, 09:37 AM
It all depends on whether the leader of the local mob, likes dogs or not. Dogs tug at the heart strings of this particular mob boss, lucky for you. Unlucky for you, that you crossed the path of a sadist with the power to decide whether you or your dog should live or die.
No doubt! It's a crap shoot.

Henry Rogue
06-07-2014, 09:53 AM
No doubt! It's a crap shoot.
Reign of chaos.

Anti Federalist
06-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Reign of chaos.

One of the defining characteristics of a police state is not just the draconian enforcement and harsh punishments, but the randomness of it.

That is what keeps the population in check and compliant.

The knowledge that the hammer may fall at any second, that the system may be watching you today, but not tomorrow or maybe all the time, or not all.

You never know, so you live every day as if you are under total surveillance and one minute away from the SWAT raid in the middle of the night