View Full Version : Oklahoma Put A Man To Death Yesterday

Elias Graves
04-30-2014, 07:28 AM
Didn't go too well.

Elias Graves
04-30-2014, 07:31 AM
By BAILEY ELISE McBRIDE and SEAN MURPHY
(AP)
McALESTER, Okla. (AP) — A botched execution that used a new drug combination left an Oklahoma inmate writhing and clenching his teeth on the gurney Tuesday, leading prison officials to halt the proceedings before the inmate's eventual death from a heart attack.
Clayton Lockett, 38, was declared unconscious 10 minutes after the first of the state's new three-drug lethal injection combination was administered. Three minutes later, though, he began breathing heavily, writhing, clenching his teeth and straining to lift his head off the pillow.
The blinds were eventually lowered to prevent those in the viewing gallery from watching what was happening in the death chamber, and the state's top prison official eventually called a halt to the proceedings. Lockett died of a heart attack a short time later, the Department of Corrections said.
"It was a horrible thing to witness. This was totally botched," said Lockett's attorney, David Autry.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20140430/us-oklahoma-double-execution-14de86edee.html

tod evans
04-30-2014, 07:37 AM
Good grief, Seconal or Tuinal will knock a person out and stop breathing painlessly as can be attested to by hundreds of dead junkies in the 60's-70's...

DGambler
04-30-2014, 07:41 AM
But the psychopaths wouldn't get their rocks off if it was clean.

fisharmor
04-30-2014, 07:42 AM
I've personally watched animal control put down a raccoon in about 30 seconds.
Corrections isn't really even trying, are they.....

otherone
04-30-2014, 07:48 AM
Lockett died of a heart attack a short time later, the Department of Corrections said...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HQMSnm6OqIQ/UJqdHOQ8rQI/AAAAAAAAB04/1LbwzjtfWP4/s400/the-heart-attack-picture.jpg

FloralScent
04-30-2014, 07:52 AM
A four-time felon, Lockett was convicted of shooting 19-year-old Stephanie Neiman with a sawed-off shotgun and watching as two accomplices buried her alive in rural Kay County in 1999 after Neiman and a friend arrived at a home the men were robbing.

I can't make myself care.

mrsat_98
04-30-2014, 08:10 AM
Didn't go too well.

I hope his families attorney doesn't know jack schitt about cruel and unusual punishment.

Ronin Truth
04-30-2014, 08:22 AM
Ten seconds of cyanide should take care of matters.

"Everything the government touches turns to crap." -- Ringo Starr

jonhowe
04-30-2014, 09:01 AM

Except, as with every government sanctioned murder, there is a decent chance he's innocent.

JK/SEA
04-30-2014, 09:05 AM

you should.

eduardo89
04-30-2014, 09:14 AM
I don't understand why they bother to make executions 'humane.' Just put a bullet into the back of the heads of rapists and murderers.

Keith and stuff
04-30-2014, 09:15 AM
This just goes to show that Ron Paul was right on this issue too.

Ronin Truth
04-30-2014, 09:29 AM
Except, as with every government sanctioned murder, there is a decent chance he's innocent.
Not in this case nor in the next one upcoming very soon.

tod evans
04-30-2014, 09:32 AM
I don't think it'd be unreasonable to offer those who admit their guilt and culpability a bottle of whiskey and 100 Seconal's and just let 'em go to sleep in their cage instead of making a production out of torturing them....

juleswin
04-30-2014, 10:07 AM

Seeing as this man or any of the other humanitarian justice group is not even appealing that he is innocent, I believe that this time the state got it right this time. They cant be wrong all the time :)

I don't think it'd be unreasonable to offer those who admit their guilt and culpability a bottle of whisky and 100 Seconal's and just let 'em go to sleep in their cage instead of making a production out of torturing them....

Not sure what seconal is but I am ok with letting his off himself in a cheap and humane way of his choosing. We dont need to make a spectacle off his death

jonhowe
04-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Seeing as this man or any of the other humanitarian justice group is not even appealing that he is innocent, I believe that this time the state got it right this time. They cant be wrong all the time :)

People have admitted to crimes they did not commit and spent their lives in jail. Murder is not acceptable, especially when done by the government.

donnay
04-30-2014, 11:26 AM
I don't understand why they bother to make executions 'humane.' Just put a bullet into the back of the heads of rapists and murderers.

Until you are falsely accused and railroaded, I am sure.

CPUd
04-30-2014, 12:28 PM
Part of the problem they are having with the lethal injections is that once a particular drug is used for a time, the makers will refuse to sell it to the prisons. So they are always having to find something new.

Anti Federalist
04-30-2014, 03:01 PM
For fuck sake, the Green Mile, in real time.

Anti Federalist
04-30-2014, 03:02 PM

The ten percent or so who are innocent won't mind.

Nirvikalpa
04-30-2014, 04:06 PM
"I'm not a medical professional, but Mr. Lockett was not someone who had compromised veins," Autry said. "He was in very good shape. He had large arms and very prominent veins."

His vein collapsed. Even the best veins collapse on occasion. That's just a risk of an IV-push.

eduardo89
04-30-2014, 04:25 PM
His vein collapsed. Even the best veins collapse on occasion. That's just a risk of an IV-push.

Another reason why bullets are better than lethal injections.

Uriel999
04-30-2014, 04:27 PM
Wow, our government can't even kill people right anymore? What is our country come to. :rolleyes:

tod evans
04-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Another reason why bullets are better than lethal injections.

Have you ever seen what a problem it is to get a government worker to clean up a mess?

Let alone a mess like the "biohazard" of spattered brains....

This has the potential of raping the taxpayer yet again.

Nirvikalpa
04-30-2014, 04:31 PM
IO is a better method. Why they stick with IV is beyond me, considering in nearly every medical application it's been proven superior to IV and IM administration.

eduardo89
04-30-2014, 04:35 PM
Have you ever seen what a problem it is to get a government worker to clean up a mess?

Have the condemned dig his one grave, shoot him, have another inmate cover the grave.

tod evans
04-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Have the condemned dig his one grave, shoot him, have another inmate cover the grave.

Now you have government "workers" trying to force a prisoner to work...

Keep trying...

eduardo89
04-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Now you have government "workers" trying to force a prisoner to work...

Keep trying...

Attach automated shock collars that electrocute them if they don't work.

tod evans
04-30-2014, 04:44 PM

Now you've got the prisoners pissing and shitting themselves in their cells requiring that same biohazard team.....

Root
04-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Damn. I thought the government was supposed to be good at killing people.

JK/SEA
04-30-2014, 05:01 PM

this should all be on pay-per-view, but then the possibility of running out of heinous felons could cause an increase in kidnappings...

tod evans
04-30-2014, 05:06 PM
this should all be on pay-per-view, but then the possibility of running out of heinous felons could cause an increase in kidnappings...

How about putting the collars on congress-critters instead of prisoners?

I'd even watch TV for that!

cajuncocoa
04-30-2014, 05:08 PM
I hesitate to bring religion into this, but aren't you Catholic?

Nirvikalpa
04-30-2014, 05:11 PM

Hah.

eduardo89
04-30-2014, 05:37 PM

What does that have to do with the fact that I believe that people should be punished for their crimes?

eduardo89
04-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Hah.

Nice to see you're back to your usual MO of acting like a...I can't believe you're still a moderator.

James Madison
04-30-2014, 05:40 PM

I agree. This is why everybody should carry a gun. If it'd be me who walked in on this goon, I would have saved taxpayers a few hundred thousand dollars that night.

Anti Federalist
04-30-2014, 05:49 PM

Trollism isn't a religion.

otherone
04-30-2014, 05:49 PM

...and?

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/317/7/c/the_spanish_inquisition_by_lief_the_lucky-d32rgpm.png

Philhelm
04-30-2014, 05:54 PM
Damn. I thought the government was supposed to be good at killing people.

The government is good at killing people. The man did, in fact, die and the execution was successful.

Philhelm
04-30-2014, 05:56 PM
Let us not forget that our President is responsible for a far greater number of deaths than the condemned.

tod evans
04-30-2014, 05:57 PM
The government is good at killing people. The man did, in fact, die and the execution was successful.

From what I could gather they put on quite the show too...

Makes me wonder how many tax-tick sociopaths got aroused watching this guy suffer...

Antischism
04-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Sometimes I feel more Christian as a non-religious person than some of the people who consider themselves to be of said religion.

Root
04-30-2014, 09:30 PM
From what I could gather they put on quite the show too...

Makes me wonder how many tax-tick sociopaths got aroused watching this guy suffer...
c'mon these fascist psychopaths can't possibly be getting their rocks off on shit like this! can they?

don't answer that...

Anti Federalist
04-30-2014, 10:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s9RYLabxCg

cajuncocoa
04-30-2014, 10:19 PM
What does that have to do with the fact that I believe that people should be punished for their crimes?
Capital punishment is generally opposed by Catholics.

Pericles
05-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Clayton Lockett and two accomplices decided to pull a home invasion robbery…. [Teenager Stephanie] Neiman fought Lockett when he tried to take the keys to her truck.

The men beat her and used duct tape to bind her hands and cover her mouth. Even after being kidnapped and driven to a dusty country road, Neiman didn’t back down when Lockett asked if she planned to contact police.

The men had also beaten and kidnapped Neiman’s friend along with Bobby Bornt, who lived in the residence, and Bornt’s 9-month-old baby.

Lockett later told police “he decided to kill Stephanie because she would not agree to keep quiet,” court records state.
Neiman was forced to watch as Lockett’s accomplice, Shawn Mathis, spent 20 minutes digging a shallow grave in a ditch beside the road. Her friends saw Neiman standing in the ditch and heard a single shot.

Lockett returned to the truck because the gun had jammed. He later said he could hear Neiman pleading, “Oh God, please, please” as he fixed the shotgun.

The men could be heard “laughing about how tough Stephanie was” before Lockett shot Neiman a second time.
“He ordered Mathis to bury her, despite the fact that Mathis informed him Stephanie was still alive.”

eduardo89
05-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Capital punishment is generally opposed by Catholics.

And? It is not incompatible with Christianity.

Elias Graves
05-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Clayton Lockett and two accomplices decided to pull a home invasion robbery…. [Teenager Stephanie] Neiman fought Lockett when he tried to take the keys to her truck.

The men beat her and used duct tape to bind her hands and cover her mouth. Even after being kidnapped and driven to a dusty country road, Neiman didn’t back down when Lockett asked if she planned to contact police.

The men had also beaten and kidnapped Neiman’s friend along with Bobby Bornt, who lived in the residence, and Bornt’s 9-month-old baby.

Lockett later told police “he decided to kill Stephanie because she would not agree to keep quiet,” court records state.
Neiman was forced to watch as Lockett’s accomplice, Shawn Mathis, spent 20 minutes digging a shallow grave in a ditch beside the road. Her friends saw Neiman standing in the ditch and heard a single shot.

Lockett returned to the truck because the gun had jammed. He later said he could hear Neiman pleading, “Oh God, please, please” as he fixed the shotgun.

The men could be heard “laughing about how tough Stephanie was” before Lockett shot Neiman a second time.
“He ordered Mathis to bury her, despite the fact that Mathis informed him Stephanie was still alive.”

And now we are little better than he.

Natural Citizen
05-01-2014, 03:40 PM

Yep. Fukim...

Sorry for my French but that's how I feel about it. :cool:

LibForestPaul
05-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Now you've got the prisoners pissing and shitting themselves in their cells requiring that same biohazard team.....
+1

Pericles
05-01-2014, 11:32 PM
And now we are little better than he.

It was rather insensitive of me not to appreciate the fact that as far as we know, Stephanie wasn't gang raped, wasn't it?

AuH20
05-01-2014, 11:43 PM

Agreed. The police have morphed into pigs, but don't forget about these cockroaches prowling our neighborhoods. And in a WROL scenario, we're going to have our hands full with roving bands of these types.

acptulsa
06-29-2015, 04:04 PM
Oklahoma--specifically the max security known locally as Big Mac (state prison at McAlester)--will soon be back in the execution business. Using the very same three drugs used before.

VIDEODROME
06-29-2015, 04:48 PM
Just drop these guys off in Detroit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4a-oxOndo

LibForestPaul
06-29-2015, 04:55 PM

And your the reason we can't have nice things.