PDA

View Full Version : It's December, Now What???

seawolf
11-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Now that the RudysReadingList November 30th Challenge is complete some RP Supporters may be wondering, now what. We raised $531,000 in 24 hours and we are still about $1.6 million short of the campaign's 4th quarter total of $12 million. I am sure many in the Forum will be discussing the plus's and minus's of this event. In my view, Trevor and his team did an excellent job on extremely short notice and should be commended and not criticized. Plus we, the collective RP Legions, raised alot of money in just 24 hours!!

Again, it's December, now what? Here are my thoughts:

1. Redouble all our fundraising efforts to make up the $1.6 million shortfall as quickly as possible. Jonathan Bydlak in his 20 Nov. e-mail stated that television, radio and direct mail advertising for the early primaries and caucses had to be purchased within two weeks or by December 4th!!! Then the goal for the next 4 days becomes clear.

2. Refocus on TeaParty07 and reach out to increase the general public's awareness and to solicit pledges for the website. Forum members that were critical of the RudysReadingList Event should be leading the way here!!!

3. Discuss and come to a consesus on the New Years Eve Money Bomb Event which is still in draft, from everything I can determine. This is where all of us need the wisdom and advice of the senior members of the Forum. One thing we learned from RudysReadingList is that 9 days is simply not enough time to publicize such a day when the goal was to raise $2.2 million.

4. A final thought for everyone to consider: Our thinking of raising money by the Quarter Year has got to change if we are elect Ron Paul as our President. Why?
After the early primaries and caucses, we have upcoming Florida on January 29th,
Maine on February 2nd and then SUPER TUESDAY where over 20 states will be holding their primaries, caucuses and conventions on just one day, February 5th.
Many of these states will be sending out absentee ballots one month early or on January 7th to voters. These voters will be getting their ballots in many cases while the results of Iowa and New Hampshire are still in headlines, magnifying their results.

The RP Campaign must have millions of dollars in hand by January 7th ready to commit to advertising if we are to be competitive on Super Tuesday. The primary schedule is now accelerating. TeaParty07 and the New Years Eve Money Bomb will be the vehicles to fund Super Tuesday in my opinion.

All Forum Members and especially Senior Members please give us your thoughts and advice!

Matt Collins
12-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Focus locally.

Get a list of your super voters from your state coordinator and TARGET THEM!

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Become a delegate. Contact your local meet-up coordinator, they should be able to get you the details. This is the most important things for us to do now. I can't stress this enough!:cool:

paulgirl
12-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Do you think they will take a delegate that had been registered Republican for 3 days? :D

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Do you think they will take a delegate that had been registered Republican for 3 days? :D

Yes. especially if you are in a caucus state and you have a lot of republican friends to bring with you!

dante
12-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Now what? I say lets try to keep donations rolling in at a 100k a day pace. There are 16 days until the tea party and we are 1.6 million away from $12million.

Doc Dewey
12-01-2007, 11:05 PM
I was thinking about a Ron Paul Payday. We could have pledges for giving a donation each
week for the next three months.
Have a counter for ten dollar tuesdays donations
twenty dollar thursdays
fifty dollar fridays
That way we get continuous donations and allow a tally of donators.

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 11:12 PM
I think you guys are missing the point... we don't need to focus on donations anymore, this has been taken care of... we need to get people into the GOP as delegates and committee members... We need for everyone to register republican, and stack your state conventions!

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 11:20 PM
//

fireinme
12-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Yes, we need to get off our buts and do the real supporting of Ron Paul. People like to see grassroots people out there. We should have a page to pledge to visit 2 homes a week and send 2 letters and 2 emails and 2....

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 11:26 AM
bump

Paul4Prez
12-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Voter registration deadlines are coming up in December and early January. Make December "Ron Paul registration month (http://paul4prez.blogspot.com/2007/11/december-is-ron-paul-registration-month.html)." Make sure you, your friends, your family, everyone in your Meetup Group, and everyone you've convinced to support Ron Paul is registered to vote, on time and as a Republican (if your state requires it.)

After the registration deadlines are over, the only Ron Paul votes we can gain will come from already-registered Republicans, and the pickings will be much slimmer.

fortilite
12-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Canvass for those states which are voting in a month or two, and for those which are voting later keep spreading materials such as yard signs, bumper stickers, etc.

And get out the vote when the election is right around the corner! Call your RP supporter friends and remind them to vote.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Plan to attend your state GOP convention.