PDA

View Full Version : Things to Fix on the Blimp Site

Cardinal Red
11-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I know, you've only been up for a few minutes-- and already you have complaints. . . ;)

First, I assume that there is no mention of Ron Paul for President on the blimp because of some legal restriction (and not because you guys didn't think it was a good idea)-- I heard this bounced around on the forum but I don't think it was answered definitively there or on the ronpaulblimp.com faq

Second, and more important, while I donated, the procedure for doing so is very clunky-- I had to use google checkout and now you will be sending email to a google address I never use-- this is a real problem-- people should be able to pay by credit card more easily and get email at their regular account.

Third-- it is not at all clear from the web site, what I am really getting when I buy my "time share"-- this needs to be made more clear

Not trying to be difficult here-- I really appreciate the hard work you are doing-- Just trying to make some constructive suggestions.:o

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Is there going to be a flash widow that tells us how close to the goal we are???

cdellin
12-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Also, what is meant by "U.S. Individual" ? Is this US Citizen, resident, alien, etc? What about citizens overseas? What about children? It'd be nice if this were more explicit on the site.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Good comments. Your assumption about Ron Paul is correct. We'll follow up with your other points...

kutibah
12-01-2007, 12:26 AM
I think US Individual is just a legal term so you are telling them you live in the United States. Your legal status of living here I think is irrelevant.

SneakyFrenchSpy
12-01-2007, 03:40 AM
- Answer #2 and #3 should read "this is an advertising risk".
- Answer #2 and #3 should read either pay-off or payoff, there's no "pay off".
- Question #4 should be "causes loss of life or injury to a passenger".
- Question #9 should be "Whose idea".

Good work other than that. :)

gmlogmd08
12-01-2007, 03:58 AM
I just saw this from another thread. Just reposting it here to consolidate with other spelling mistakes found in the FAQ that have not yet been corrected.

Answer #9 should be "Trevor Lyman originally posted this idea, along with a picture, in mid-June on the Ron Paul Forums."

LBT
12-01-2007, 06:02 AM
If this is being done essentially as a business, which raises money through donations toward advertising, I think it will need to be very transparent. The idea that someone could be pocketing 50k would scare some people away.

When I look at the site now it is hard to work out what is going on. eg. How much money is needed and what the money really goes toward. Minutes is a cute theme, but is it really accurate.

According to what I've read in the past, it was going to cost $350,000 for one month ( 160 hours = 9600 mins) of flying.

At $25 per minute, that comes to just $240,000.

And doesn't the project need $20+k per month over and above the blimp expense for media relations and a couple of other salaries etc?

I think it would help a lot if the supporters (who are the ones who do a lot of promoting of the project) could see how the money is being spent. All the cost estimations etc.

Also, it seems very cheap to offer $5,000 donations just 2 x 1 hour tickets.

What is going on here? How many seat ticket hours are going to be available each month. How are they going to be assigned for media / workers etc. Will any be sold for joy rides?

Maybe you haven't had a lot of time to think these things through, but they will need to be addressed.

jt8025
12-01-2007, 06:26 AM
I do not see any mention of the free guaranteed ride in the blimp for a $5000 donation anymore. I think this need to be on the front page very visible so that we can get those 64 original $5000 donations.

LBT
12-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Oh, and another thing, it is just confusing to have donations above 10,000 on the site.

I would think if someone was going to donate 100,000 or more they would want to be able to negotiate it with you directly.

Better to have one line. For larger donations please contact us directly.

Mastiff
12-01-2007, 08:08 AM
I'm confused about what happened. Have the old pledges been discarded? I pledged on the old site, but the money has never been called in.

I'm probably not the only one who doesn't really understand where this stands.

Charles Wilson
12-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Are there any Tea Party 07 signs, stickers, etc. available for purchase? I would like to order at least two large stickers to put on both doors of my pickup truck advertising this historic event.

Also, I pledged 100 dollars for the blimp but I have not heard anymore. I am still waiting for an email providing details as to how I can make the payment. I see that at least one other person is having the same problem.

polexi
12-01-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm hoping they don't accept Paypal for a good reason (Paypal loves closing accounts that receive donations).

GoSlash27
12-01-2007, 09:35 AM
A simple upgrade:

There should be a webcam where people can see the blimp being decorated. Call it the "blimpcam" and update it once every 5 minutes or so.
That would both provide some pre-launch buzz and allay any fears of legitemacy of the effort.