PDA

View Full Version : Going postal at Fed-Ex

tod evans
04-29-2014, 06:19 AM
Georgia cops search for gunman in FedEx building shooting that left 6 injured

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/29/georgia-cops-search-for-gunman-in-fedex-building-shooting-that-left-6-injured/

Authorities in Georgia are searching for the gunman who opened fire inside a Georgia FedEx building Tuesday, injuring six, MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.

According to crews on the scene, authorities have secured the entire area to safely search and apprehend the suspect or suspects. The injuries were considered minor to serious, the station reported. Hundreds of law enforcement officers are at the facility is in the town of Kennesaw, which is northwest of Atlanta.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that six people were taken to WellStar Kennestone Hospital and more are expected.

Michael Hogland, a driver at the FedEx facility, told the paper, "(My boss) called me about 6 o'clock this morning saying there was a guy inside, shot the security guard. He had a gun pointed at him and said, 'Don’t worry about getting here on time.'"

FedEx released a statement saying it is aware of the situation and its primary concern is the safety of its workers.

francisco
04-29-2014, 12:03 PM
Q: What does it mean when the flag in front of the Post Office is at half-mast?

A: They're hiring.

Zippyjuan
04-29-2014, 12:09 PM
"Going postal" is in our lexicon, but how often has a postal worker actually "gone postal"? Pretty rare.

donnay
04-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Georgia cops search for gunman in FedEx building shooting that left 6 injured

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/29/georgia-cops-search-for-gunman-in-fedex-building-shooting-that-left-6-injured/

Authorities in Georgia are searching for the gunman who opened fire inside a Georgia FedEx building Tuesday, injuring six, MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.

According to crews on the scene, authorities have secured the entire area to safely search and apprehend the suspect or suspects. The injuries were considered minor to serious, the station reported. Hundreds of law enforcement officers are at the facility is in the town of Kennesaw, which is northwest of Atlanta.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that six people were taken to WellStar Kennestone Hospital and more are expected.

Michael Hogland, a driver at the FedEx facility, told the paper, "(My boss) called me about 6 o'clock this morning saying there was a guy inside, shot the security guard. He had a gun pointed at him and said, 'Don’t worry about getting here on time.'"

FedEx released a statement saying it is aware of the situation and its primary concern is the safety of its workers.

Hmm...

3 days ago...

Furor Over Georgia 'Guns Everywhere' Law May Spell Trouble For Jason Carter

WASHINGTON -- The national attention this week on Georgia’s new gun law was an uncomfortable development for Jason Carter, who is running for governor in the Peach State against incumbent Nathan Deal.

Deal, a Republican, made national news Tuesday by signing a law that greatly expands the public places into which Georgians with concealed carry permits can take firearms.

Carter, a Democratic state senator and the grandson of former President Jimmy Carter, voted for the so-called guns everywhere bill in the state Senate. Carter has said he improved the bill in the legislature from its original version, eliminating language that would have allowed guns on college campuses, and specifying that churches would have to opt in to be subject to the looser law rather than opt out.

"Before I cast my vote, I worked across party lines to address the most pressing concerns that were raised regarding college campuses and to ensure that places of worship have a real choice on whether to allow guns on their properties," Carter said in a statement provided by his campaign.

Carter voted to pass the bill because, as a top political blogger in the state, Charlie Harper of Peach Pundit, put it in an email, "No one that wants to be elected statewide in Georgia wants to be on the wrong side of a 2nd Amendment issue. Because they can't be and still be elected."

If you doubt the degree to which Georgia Democrats are willing to embrace guns, watch this campaign ad for Rep. John Barrow (D-Ga.) from 2012.

Continued... (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/26/georgia-gun-law-carter_n_5214973.html)

Philhelm
04-29-2014, 01:14 PM
I don't say "gunman," because I don't believe that possessing a firearm is inherently wrong despite ones gender or sex.