PDA

View Full Version : Time to get back to basics... Why are we here?

mstrmac1
11-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Tell your story, here is mine.

In the begining I started by watching the first debates as an independent W/ a lean to the right. So, I started sorting through all the candidates and found no one.
Joe Biden? Maybe.
Hillary? NO Way!
Mitt Romney? Car salesman.
Rudy? War Drum. Etc.....

So who?? The same ole Crap.

"My name is Ron Paul and I am the champion of the Constitution"

Say what? Maybe we have something... but he cant win?

Then Mr Paul raised 4.3 million in a day. So i was compelled to go to his site.

Then it happened I watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA&eurl=http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33772

Tears came to my eyes like never before (ok, Kids being born, getting married) this was it, we could be onto something!

I started to try to find holes in Mr. Paul story...none.

Now i cant stop thinking about this man.
I have never in my life donated money for a president, never posted in a chat room.
Now $350.00 donated, 2 t-shirts, 5 lawn signs, 500 slim jims and 100 something odd posts later I sit........ what next. I read posts and it seems like we are in limbo.

Then I watched the video that got me here, again. Then again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA&eurl=http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33772

I now know... we need to stop bickering (guilty too!) and start sending more people like myself through the process. It can happen! It will happen!

"if it is to be, it is up to me"

Thanks. (sorry for any grammer errors in advance)

koob
11-30-2007, 11:39 PM
I'd like to know how many Romney supporters there are out there like you. I'm betting 0. It's almost like a magical thing, the Ron Paul campaign.

mstrmac1
11-30-2007, 11:43 PM
I'd like to know how many Romney supporters there are out there like you. I'm betting 0. It's almost like a magical thing, the Ron Paul campaign.

Thanks for reading.

Tell me your story.

powertothepeople
11-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Thank you for inspiring me all over again.

mstrmac1
11-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Thank you for inspiring me all over again.

Tell your story. It will feed us all.

loupeznik
11-30-2007, 11:56 PM
cause chicks dig Ron Paul ;)

Ginobili
11-30-2007, 11:59 PM
Me? Im just a small drug town boy, trying to get through day to day. From the bottom, you can see how fkd up its all the way to the top. I first saw him on Attack of the Show, and was kinda interested. A canidate from Texas (im texan)? Sounds good to me. So, I youtubed and looked up his site, and was instantly drawn to some one who was actually optimistic and wanted to create change. All my life I've been pesimistic, depressed, and at times, suicidal. But since finding Ron Paul, I have found these mentalities to come along less and less.

So, not only do I owe him for enlightment and hope, but I probally am in debt for him saving my life.

logolepsy
12-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Mine can be summed up in four succinct words... "Who is Ron Paul?".

I had, for the most part, given up on the entire mess. Then, while traveling to work many months ago, I saw a hand made sign with the aforementioned message.

The name was easy to remember... no note-to-self necessary. The only thing between me and the man who will become the next President was a simple Google search.

The rest, they say, is history. :)

mstrmac1
12-01-2007, 12:04 AM
Me? Im just a small drug town boy, trying to get through day to day. From the bottom, you can see how fkd up its all the way to the top. I first saw him on Attack of the Show, and was kinda interested. A canidate from Texas (im texan)? Sounds good to me. So, I youtubed and looked up his site, and was instantly drawn to some one who was actually optimistic and wanted to create change. All my life I've been pesimistic, depressed, and at times, suicidal. But since finding Ron Paul, I have found these mentalities to come along less and less.

So, not only do I owe him for enlightment and hope, but I probally am in debt for him saving my life.

Wow.. that great.

JosephTheLibertarian
12-01-2007, 12:04 AM
my story is... a novel.

mstrmac1
12-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Mine can be summed up in four succinct words... "Who is Ron Paul?".

I had, for the most part, given up on the entire mess. Then, while traveling to work many months ago, I saw a hand made sign with the aforementioned message.

The name was easy to remember... no note-to-self necessary. The only thing between me and the man who will become the next President was a simple Google search.

The rest, they say, is history. :)

Thanks for the log on the fire.

mstrmac1
12-01-2007, 12:14 AM
my story is... a novel.

Tell it. Im all ears, and cant be any worse than some of the stuff thats being posted. Right?

Nate K
12-01-2007, 12:23 AM
i was a neo-con till mid october, i knew we needed a drastic change. i was tired of debating and saw it got nowhere. i have a very open mind and always look after the underdog so it was natural to look into ron paul. i realized he's what's been missing in my life basically..

mstrmac1
12-01-2007, 12:37 AM
i was a neo-con till mid october, i knew we needed a drastic change. i was tired of debating and saw it got nowhere. i have a very open mind and always look after the underdog so it was natural to look into ron paul. i realized he's what's been missing in my life basically..

I have not seen that video, it was fantastic. Great story.

mmink15
12-01-2007, 12:41 AM
I read Obama's book "Audacity Of Hope" and thought he had a "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" feel about him, and he seemed to be anti-war so I started watching the campaign. As a registered Independent I'm not accustomed to voting in primaries, which has always been fine by me, but because the war is a big issue for me I so watched the Dems closer than the GOP. Initially I was overly impressed by Mike Gravel and Dennis Kucinich and was shocked that the pro-liberty anti-war candidates were not in the "top-tier". After a bit of researching the Dems and finding that I kinda liked Gravel and Kucinich but not enough to pay much attention to the elections as I feel very disappointed in the Dems for not getting us out of Iraq, which is why I helped vote them all into power. So I started researching the GOP candidates and I was utterly disgusted until I heard Ron Paul.
Then Ron Paul was asked what the major moral issue in this country is. I suspected a long pro-life speech to ensue from this doctor that has delivered so many babies
but instead...
Ron Paul talked about the decision to adopt the policy of pre-emptive war. By the end of his speech I found myself deeply moved almost to tears, standing up, alone in my living room. After a few days of thorough research I found that Dr. Paul and I disagreed on a few things, but that the things we agreed upon more than trumped our differences. The videos that won me over were the ones where he was on the house floor talking about Iraq in 2002, going toe to toe with Fed reserve chairmans, also the speeches he gave in 1988 and a few from 1983 which were identical in their ideology. I came to the conclusion that these things added up to a man that would make a great leader, mainly because he doesn't want the power just the platform.
Now I do everything I can to help the campaign. At work people always ask me whats going on with the revolution, and I always give a well thought out response. I will be holding signs with my meetup group by the local mall tomorrow morning which will be fulfilling. Mainly I feel like I'm a part of something that is good and real and unexpected.
I hope the ride lasts the next 10 years

mstrmac1
12-01-2007, 12:47 AM
I read Obama's book "Audacity Of Hope" and thought he had a "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" feel about him, and he seemed to be anti-war so I started watching the campaign. As a registered Independent I'm not accustomed to voting in primaries, which has always been fine by me, but because the war is a big issue for me I so watched the Dems closer than the GOP. Initially I was overly impressed by Mike Gravel and Dennis Kucinich and was shocked that the pro-liberty anti-war candidates were not in the "top-tier". After a bit of researching the Dems and finding that I kinda liked Gravel and Kucinich but not enough to pay much attention to the elections as I feel very disappointed in the Dems for not getting us out of Iraq, which is why I helped vote them all into power. So I started researching the GOP candidates and I was utterly disgusted until I heard Ron Paul.
Then Ron Paul was asked what the major moral issue in this country is. I suspected a long pro-life speech to ensue from this doctor that has delivered so many babies
but instead...
Ron Paul talked about the decision to adopt the policy of pre-emptive war. By the end of his speech I found myself deeply moved almost to tears, standing up, alone in my living room. After a few days of thorough research I found that Dr. Paul and I disagreed on a few things, but that the things we agreed upon more than trumped our differences. The videos that won me over were the ones where he was on the house floor talking about Iraq in 2002, going toe to toe with Fed reserve chairmans, also the speeches he gave in 1988 and a few from 1983 which were identical in their ideology. I came to the conclusion that these things added up to a man that would make a great leader, mainly because he doesn't want the power just the platform.
Now I do everything I can to help the campaign. At work people always ask me whats going on with the revolution, and I always give a well thought out response. I will be holding signs with my meetup group by the local mall tomorrow morning which will be fulfilling. Mainly I feel like I'm a part of something that is good and real and unexpected.
I hope the ride lasts the next 10 years

Amazing! Thanks for post. Truly inspiring. I love the part where your standing up alone in your living room.

Indy Vidual
12-01-2007, 12:54 AM
my story is... a novel.

Is the novel a dramatic, epic story over a 1,000 pages long?

mstrmac1
12-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Is the novel a dramatic, epic story over a 1,000 pages long?

lol. keep em' coming. Im learning more and more by the minute.

theantirobot
12-01-2007, 04:27 AM
I'm here start a revolution.

xd9fan
12-01-2007, 08:56 AM
nnnnn

mstrmac1
12-01-2007, 09:29 AM
I was always conservative. But never a gunowner. I bought a Browning .22 auto take down rifle in 2003 (I was 32....it was My first rifle) As a new gunowner....I felt like a responsible citizen....it was weird.....I alway follow the law....but as a gunowner I felt a bond with the Constituition...like I had a stake in the game for freedom.

I read seriously 18 books on the 2nd Amendment. The book 'Nation of Cowards' by Jeff Snyder.....absolutely floored me.......( It brought out that core Pro-Bill of Rights fire in the belly) I looked at the GOP as worthless as the dems. During Katrina, I had enough of the current GOP. I left the party. I hit libertarian websites. And the Name Ron Paul kept coming up. I read about him and followed this election run from the beginning.

That beautiful little .22 rifle got me back to the Constitutional Basics. It forced me to look at the GOP, War on Terror, The lack of private citizen's having any stake in this "war"....(the dont worry just keep shopping....we the Govt will take care of everything crap.....oh and here is the color code of worry today folks crap)

IMHO free people and gun owners are one in the same. Ron gets this.

Ron and Ron only will make me vote in this election.

I have 3 small boys......I will not sacrifice them up to this current 55 year plus foriegn policy mess.

Amen, nice story.

koob
12-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for reading.

Tell me your story.

Before I heard of Ron Paul my political views were the same as they are today. I just didn't have a candidate that represented them. This was disappointing because I'd just turned eighteen and I was excited about voting. Then this past summer I found out about Ron though digg.com and he and I were a perfect match. :)

The rest is history as they say. ;)

Corydoras
12-01-2007, 09:42 PM
There are more stories, including mine, in this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=31574

Paul4Prez
12-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Just trying to save my country....

mstrmac1
12-01-2007, 10:42 PM
There are more stories, including mine, in this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=31574