PDA

View Full Version : Bob Schieffer: Romney may consider 2016 run if Jeb Bush doesn’t

donnay
04-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Bob Schieffer: Romney may consider 2016 run if Jeb Bush doesn’t

By Wesley Lowery
April 27 at 2:35 pm

Mitt Romney has said time and time again that he has no interest in running for president a third time.

But, on Sunday morning, CBS' Bob Schieffer said not to write off the idea of a 2016 campaign by Romney so quickly.

"I have a source that told me that if Jeb Bush decides not to run, that Mitt Romney may actually try it again," Schieffer said.

During a political panel discussion, the "Face the Nation" host said that he has been told that Romney will consider seeking the Republican nomination for the presidency in 2016 if former Florida governor Jeb Bush chooses to sit the race out.

Continued... (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/04/27/bob-schieffer-romney-may-consider-2016-run-if-jeb-bush-doesnt/)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-27-2014, 07:23 PM
I'd say the only thing that could tip the balance for conservetards in 2016 is the backlash against Zero's mandatory health care debacle. People will start feeling more and more effects with each passing month. Romney is much to closely tied, with his own health care debacle. Practically any other candidate can make this an issue against Biden and win. Not that it will make any difference in the grand scheme of things, of course. LOL.

Anti Federalist
04-27-2014, 07:27 PM
running for president a third time.

Why is this not "quixotic"?

*sigh*

No...

Just...fucking no...OK?

CPUd
04-27-2014, 07:40 PM
They will try to run Tagg before they run Mitt again.

TaftFan
04-27-2014, 08:15 PM
If Obama was eligible to run again, Romney could probably run and kick his butt. But Hillary would demolish him.

Tywysog Cymru
04-28-2014, 05:30 AM
I hope Romney runs and splits the establishment vote.

SilentBull
04-28-2014, 08:05 AM
Obama should have been the easiest man to beat, and Romney blew it. Do people really think he can beat Hillary? She'll be way tougher to beat than the clown we have now.

JK/SEA
04-28-2014, 08:08 AM
Romney=President H. Clinton.

Cleaner44
04-28-2014, 08:33 AM
This tells me that the establishment is not feeling good about their choices and is grasping at straws.

Bush and Romney are losing choices.

So far I am not seeing any viable competition for Rand.

kahless
04-28-2014, 08:43 AM
This tells me that the establishment is not feeling good about their choices and is grasping at straws.

Bush and Romney are losing choices.

So far I am not seeing any viable competition for Rand.

If they can't find any viable competition then we can expect some pretty outrageous tales will be told about Rand in hopes they can at least give Hillary the win.

I would not be surprised they bring out his fathers newsletters again as breaking new news for like the 4th time.