PDA

View Full Version : DAILYMAIL (photos): My college housemate getting choked unconscious

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 02:24 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2614386/Tennessee-police-photographed-choking-unresisting-college-student-passes-out.html

This happened outside my house last night. That kid lives in my house. Police brutality close to home.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/27/article-2614386-1D67E05000000578-275_634x422.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/27/article-2614386-1D67E05C00000578-907_634x421.jpg

agitator
04-27-2014, 02:30 PM
He did this to himself.

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 02:36 PM
bump

angelatc
04-27-2014, 02:37 PM
We should all follow this officer's lead and get rid of our necks.

Shane Harris, did you see this when it was happening?

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 02:41 PM
No I was inside watching Stephan Kinsella youtube videos. But I saw Jarod in the house shortly before that must have happened. The stupid block parties get rowdy and I don't like them but this is clearly excessive.

angelatc
04-27-2014, 02:44 PM
No I was inside watching Stephan Kinsella youtube videos. But I saw Jarod in the house shortly before that must have happened. The stupid block parties get rowdy and I don't like them but this is clearly excessive.

LOL - clearly.

Is he home yet? Is he ok?

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 02:47 PM
We're all architecture students in our house and Jarod actually owns a landscaping business with his brother.

phill4paul
04-27-2014, 02:56 PM
Jeez, these cops today all look like Curly.

http://gammillustrations.bizland.com/monsterkid5/5_images/dizzydet1.jpg

Hope he get's outta stir soon.

RJB
04-27-2014, 02:57 PM
That intense look on Curly's face as he chokes the handcuffed kid is pretty disturbing.

pcosmar
04-27-2014, 03:03 PM
That intense look on Curly's face as he chokes the handcuffed kid is pretty disturbing.

Frankenstein-esk

Suzanimal
04-27-2014, 03:11 PM
During the brief moment his wrists were uncuffed, the young man let his arms fall by his sides.

As two officers twist his arms behind his back, another deputy walks in front of the young man and wraps his hands around his neck.

The disturbing sequence of shots show the student losing consciousness, his knees buckling as he sinks to the ground, while the deputy continues to choke him or activate a pressure point that renders him unconscious.

The officers behind the young man fiddle with his handcuffs even as he's being choked.

When the student was unconscious, the police picked him up and the officer who choked him slapped him around the head a few times before walking off, reports the Messner.

Yep, it's Curly. Seriously fucked up, I hope the guy's alright and the cop is charged but I'm not going to hold my breath.

asurfaholic
04-27-2014, 03:14 PM
Yep, it's Curly. Seriously fucked up, I hope the guy's alright and the cop is charged but I'm going to hold my breath.

Your going to loose consciousness too soon

Suzanimal
04-27-2014, 03:15 PM
Your going to loose consciousness too soon

*not :o

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Yeah apparently he got out this morning. He's alright.

phill4paul
04-27-2014, 03:25 PM

Good to hear.

RJB
04-27-2014, 03:31 PM

How is Officer Curly? Is he alright?

*ETA. It dawned on me after posting that the closeness of this to you might be a bit much. I hope things work out there. I don't mean to make light of the situation...

Cabal
04-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Not intentionally malevolent? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?449591-Conspiracy-Theories-Hurt-The-Liberty-Movement)

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 03:39 PM
How is Officer Curly? Is he alright?

*ETA. It dawned on me after posting that the closeness of this to you might be a bit much. I hope things work out there. I don't mean to make light of the situation...

The cops haven't released a statement yet

and no you didn't offend me haha

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 03:46 PM
https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1010947_10200393331290682_1751825584_n.jpg?dl=1

I'm first on the left, he is third from the right (in Helsinki about a year ago)

aGameOfThrones
04-27-2014, 03:53 PM
You took my doughnuts. YOU TOOK MY DOUGHNUTS!

pcosmar
04-27-2014, 03:53 PM
https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1010947_10200393331290682_1751825584_n.jpg?dl=1

I'm first on the left, he is third from the right (in Helsinki about a year ago)

Dangerous lookin' bunch. :rolleyes:

erowe1
04-27-2014, 03:59 PM
How did it come about that the Daily Mail would be the newspaper to cover this?

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 04:03 PM
How did it come about that the Daily Mail would be the newspaper to cover this?

I assume just because the quality of the photographic evidence was too good not to cover (there are many others now but I assume this must have been who the photographer sent his photos to?)

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 04:04 PM
There are cellphone videos (that have not surfaced yet) according to my friends.

pcosmar
04-27-2014, 04:05 PM
I assume just because the quality of the photographic evidence was too good not to cover (there are many others now but I assume this must have been who the photographer sent his photos to?)

Or no one else wanted to cover the story..

it doesn't fit the image they want to publish.

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Or no one else wanted to cover the story..

it doesn't fit the image they want to publish.

Also possible, but I feel like the news is less focused on an agenda than they are on sensationalism and this is rather sensational.

angelatc
04-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Also possible, but I feel like the news is less focused on an agenda than they are on sensationalism and this is rather sensational.

Yeah, I think that The Daily Caller would jump on this. They've been doing a lot of bad cop stories lately.

Cleaner44
04-27-2014, 04:29 PM
There are cellphone videos (that have not surfaced yet) according to my friends.

Please make sure the videos get duplicated and posted in multiple places asap.

angelatc
04-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Please make sure the videos get duplicated and posted in multiple places asap.

Yeah I am thinking that they should check with a lawyer before they show their entire hand to the cops.

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 04:36 PM
Yeah I am thinking that they should check with a lawyer before they show their entire hand to the cops.

True, at least one of the videos coming from his brother supposedly, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Although the photographs alone are pretty damning.

Henry Rogue
04-27-2014, 04:44 PM
What's the charge? Being conveniently close.

angelatc
04-27-2014, 04:47 PM
True, at least one of the videos coming from his brother supposedly, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

Although the photographs alone are pretty damning.

Sure. But think about how awesome it would be if the cops tried to fabricate some story, and *then* the video came out, proving that they were also liars as well as bullies. And quite honestly, a lawyer would also look at a video differently than we would.

Remember what we just learned from Bundy: do not talk to the cops, and do not talk to the media.

As an aside, what is really, really chilling about those pictures is the way the other two cops are just ignoring Officer NoNeck.

kcchiefs6465
04-27-2014, 04:52 PM
Sure. But think about how awesome it would be if the cops tried to fabricate some story, and *then* the video came out, proving that they were also liars as well as bullies. And quite honestly, a lawyer would also look at a video differently than we would.

Remember what we just learned from Bundy: do not talk to the cops, and do not talk to the media.

As an aside, what is really, really chilling about those pictures is the way the other two cops are just ignoring Officer NoNeck.
Those would be the good cops. After all, they could have partaken in the aggravated assault.

Brian4Liberty
04-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Choking out people is standard training.

alucard13mm
04-27-2014, 05:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQfbJuBLDak

Carson
04-27-2014, 05:50 PM
More comments on your friends arrest can be found here;

http://www.fark.com/comments/8238114/Knoxville-police-captured-on-film-choking-passive-student-that-was-being-handcuffed-Bonus-as-student-passed-out-officer-biatch-slapped-him-a-few-times-because-fark-you-thats-why

LibertyEagle
04-27-2014, 05:57 PM
More comments on your friends arrest can be found here;

http://www.fark.com/comments/8238114/Knoxville-police-captured-on-film-choking-passive-student-that-was-being-handcuffed-Bonus-as-student-passed-out-officer-biatch-slapped-him-a-few-times-because-fark-you-thats-why

One of the comments over there...

The young man had been partying after a week of finals. Though understandable, you have to be mindful of your neighbors. Apparently he and his fellow students did not and the police were called. As such, it started the chain of events that caused the young man to be accidentally asphyxiated to the point of unconsciousness.

As much as farkers like to browbeat the boys in blue, this would never would had happened if they had kept the noise down.

SERIOUSLY? WTH??? He was a college kid celebrating the end of finals!! That doesn't merit choking him unconscious! This is frickin' ridiculous and has to stop.

Origanalist
04-27-2014, 06:13 PM
One of the comments over there...

SERIOUSLY? WTH??? He was a college kid celebrating the end of finals!! That doesn't merit choking him unconscious! This is frickin' ridiculous and has to stop.

That guy is getting nailed pretty hard for that post though.

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 06:17 PM
The article was mistaken. Finals haven't even started yet (classes ended on Friday), and he had taken the semester off anyway (he had credit from classes last summer). He was charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest. There was a video but only audio. The choking was not caught on camera.

The police came back today to harass our neighbors for throwing baseball in the street (its a beautiful day). They just left.

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 06:22 PM
He was back at the house for a bit.

RJB
04-27-2014, 06:22 PM
The police came back today to harass our neighbors for throwing baseball in the street.

Do you need a license for that these days?

Wow. That's just idiotic on the police's part.

Origanalist
04-27-2014, 06:23 PM
Do you need a license for that these days?

Wow. That's just idiotic on the police's part.

It's for the children.

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 06:29 PM
It's for the children.

It was for blocking the street (one way suburban street which the police proceeded to block themselves for quite some time). One of the officers claimed to have had bottles thrown at him last night, so it was clearly some revenge harassment.

pcosmar
04-27-2014, 06:34 PM
This is frickin' ridiculous and has to stop.

Yes it is and yes it does.

Bundy Ranch was a demonstration on how it is done.

Henry Rogue
04-27-2014, 07:00 PM
He was back at the house for a bit.
What is your friend's view of police? Have you ever discussed the subject with him?

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 08:13 PM
What is your friend's view of police? Have you ever discussed the subject with him?

Nope never have, there's eight guys in our house and I actually know him least since he's a year behind the rest of us.

Carson
04-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Nope never have, there's eight guys in our house and I actually know him least since he's a year behind the rest of us.

Actually I think the question now is if the cops swoop again can you out run him. :D

CPUd
04-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Busting drunk college kids is Knox County and KPD's bread and butter. Down on the strip, the KPD cars will sit in the parking lots outside, watching people come out from the bars. UT campus police seemed like they tolerate it a bit.

phill4paul
04-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Update: Officer fired.

Update Sunday 9 p.m.:
(WBIR) The Knox County Sheriff's Office announced Sunday night it had fired the officer seen in photographs using excessive force during a massive UT party bust the night before.

The firing came after The Daily Mail published a series of photos that it claimed showed a "deputy choking a student into unconsciousness."

KCSO said an investigation found Officer Frank Phillips, 47, used excessive force during the incident and is terminated immediately. A statement from Sheriff J.J. Jones said the investigation will now be turned over to the Knox County Attorney General's Office to determine any further action.

Phillip's had been with KCSO since 1992.

Here's the full statement about the firing from Sheriff Jones:

"In my 34 years of law enforcement experience, excessive force has never been tolerated. After an investigation by the Office of Professional Standards, I believe excessive force was used in this incident. Therefore, Officer Phillips' employment with the Knox County Sheriff's Office is terminated immediately. The investigation will now be turned over to the Knox County Attorney General's Office to determine any further action."

"This incident provides a perfect example of why we are in the process of purchasing officer worn body cameras (video and audio recordings) so incidents like this will be fully documented."

Dozens of law enforcement personnel were called in to bust a massive party with hundreds of people in attendance in the Fort Sanders area late Saturday night, according to the Knoxville Police Department.

KPD said the University of Tennessee Police Department received the initial disturbance report and called KPD and the Knox County Sheriff's Office for assistance.

The Knox County Sheriff's Office told 10News they are now investigating photos taken of some officers during the bust.

Early Sunday afternoon, The Daily Mail published a series of photos it claimed showed a "deputy choking a student into unconsciousness."

KCSO told 10News it's seen the photos and are now investigating.

Party witnesses said people were initially on the lawn, but then people moved into the streets.

According to KPD, authorities had been called in to clear the streets when the crowd became unruly, including some throwing beer bottles.

KPD said 60 officers were on scene and about 15 people were arrested.

KPD told 10News it estimated around 800 people were at the party.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/downtown-ut/2014/04/27/kcso-investigating-photos-after-massive-ut-party-bust/8307013/

angelatc
04-27-2014, 08:39 PM
They all three should be fired, and Bubba NoNeck should be criminally charged.

This must be worse than the pictures show. They never fire cops this quick. I guess it helps that the Sheriff is up for reelection PDQ.

axiomata
04-27-2014, 08:40 PM
Yep, it's Curly. Seriously fucked up, I hope the guy's alright and the cop is charged but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Don't worry, the cops will hold it for you.

CPUd
04-27-2014, 08:41 PM
Yeah, JJ is up for reelection this year.

Anti Federalist
04-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Yes it is and yes it does.

Bundy Ranch was a demonstration on how it is done.

Yes it was...a very vivid demonstration that needs to repeated over and over again, all across the country.

CPUd
04-27-2014, 09:00 PM
I don't think you can bring firearms that close to a school in TN. You definitely can't have them on campus.

RJB
04-27-2014, 09:12 PM

That's 22 years. I'm betting this "firing" comes with full retirement.

pcosmar
04-27-2014, 09:45 PM
I don't think you can bring firearms that close to a school in TN. You definitely can't have them on campus.

That could be contested in a dramatic fashion. If the people choose to.

What are 200 cops gonna do when 500 armed citizens say NO.
These thugs are drastically outnumbered,, and have been tolerated for far too long.

they are very quickly wearing out their welcome.

Anti Federalist
04-27-2014, 10:16 PM
And if this kid had done so much as scratch His Lordship, in a subconcious act to save his life, they might have beat him to death.

Mani
04-28-2014, 12:42 AM
Figures an outside perspective makes an observed comment: (from the UK article)

Kargas, Athens, Greece, 54 minutes ago

If this happens out in public, God knows what happens when no ones around.

If there's no camera....Officer NoNeck doesn't get fired...Just another day beating up college kids.

RonPaulGeorge&Ringo
04-28-2014, 12:52 AM
Yeah, I think that The Daily Caller would jump on this. They've been doing a lot of bad cop stories lately.

One of the main guys at Daily Mail came over from the Caller a year or so ago.

fr33
04-28-2014, 01:20 AM
He looks just like the officer in the "pew pew pew" meme.

thoughtomator
04-28-2014, 06:27 AM
Tennessee sheriff's deputy is FIRED after he was caught on camera choking an unresisting college student until he passed out
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2614386/Tennessee-police-photographed-choking-unresisting-college-student-passes-out.html

Congrats, your story is prominently featured on Drudge right now

phill4paul
04-28-2014, 07:23 AM
That's 22 years. I'm betting this "firing" comes with full retirement.

This fine officer had an exemplary record up until this point. We can't just strip him of his pension over this one instance. Surely you are not suggesting that he has done this at any other time in his long and decorated career of protecting and serving the public? This was merely an isolated incident. You cannot understand the stress these fine officers live under day in and day out. The stress of wondering if you are going to make it home to your family after a day on the beat in the lawless streets of a college town. - This has been a scripted response of the P.B.A. All hail our heroes.

DGambler
04-28-2014, 09:30 AM
And meanwhile, in China.... http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?450603-China-%93Violent-Government-Thugs%94-Beaten-To-Death-By-Angry-Crowds-After-They-Killed-A-Man

pcosmar
04-28-2014, 10:39 AM
He looks just like the officer in the "pew pew pew" meme.

Tempted to use "they all look alike" response..

I see the uniform,,, nothing else.

Cleaner44
04-28-2014, 11:29 AM
Story on Ben Swann's site:
http://benswann.com/tennessee-deputy-fired-after-choking-college-student/

Knox County cop fired immediately after photos show brutal choking of student
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/04/28/knoxville-cop-fired-immediately-after-photos-show-brutal-choking-of-student/?tid=hp_mm

Henry Rogue
04-28-2014, 11:38 AM
They all three should be fired, and Bubba NoNeck should be criminally charged.

This must be worse than the pictures show. They never fire cops this quick. I guess it helps that the Sheriff is up for reelection PDQ.
I think the sheriff up for reelection in this circumstance is key. It seems pretty strait forward: Photographing and video taping LE results in media coverage and Internet response. Public outrage plus sheriff up for reelection results in the perpetrator fired. Probably need the district attorney to be up for reelection as well, to get any charge against the perpetrator. If there isn't any charge and conviction. LE union will probably get the fired LEO his job back when the public puts this story in their rear view mirror. If not, there is always the possibility that he gets a job in some other police department in another location. A charge and conviction would prevent these two scenarios. I conclude, a few firings isn't going to change the nature of the beast anytime soon.

Lindsey
04-28-2014, 12:00 PM
Photographing and video taping LE results in media coverage and Internet response.

I just wanted to see that sentence again. :)

Shane Harris
04-28-2014, 12:35 PM
great news

Henry Rogue
04-28-2014, 12:40 PM
From the comments in Cleaner44's linked article.

OrVet10:44 AM CST
When I was this boys age, in Memphis Tn, I was questioned about a robbery behind a tree in a parking lot in hand cuffs by a Memphis Cop who didn't like my answers. Before I was let go, (I was not involved, just in the area) the officer roughed me up a bit, (while I was still in handcuffs), kicked me in the chest with his boot kneed me in the stomach and cracked me across the face. Said he didn't believe me. I had just returned from Vietnam, (people hated Veterans in 1975) although I doubt that had any thing to do with it. He was an older Memphis cop about 45 at the time, I was 25. He had his fun at my expense. You can see nothing has changed in 40 years in Tennessee.
Police abuse isn't some new phenomenon.

OrVet10:34 AM CST
Why do they need an investigation? Did they "Investigate " the charge of "Drunk in Public", no. They take the officers word for it. We need to come up with a different "Official" name for police. They do not act like any officer I'm familiar with. They are thugs.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Looked like he was close enough to knee that fat slob in the groin. You do what you have to do these days, especially since your survival is in doubt. That includes a bullet to the skull.

Somebody taught me this mentality a long time ago. It's going to be you or me, and it's not going to be me.

tangowhiskeykilo
04-28-2014, 06:04 PM

This happened outside my house last night. That kid lives in my house. Police brutality close to home.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/27/article-2614386-1D67E05000000578-275_634x422.jpg First picture, go zombie mode on the Bitches neck/face.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/27/article-2614386-1D67E05C00000578-907_634x421.jpg

I swear this shit will not stop until they suffer. One does not bring flowers to a tyrant to get them to go away, one must bring wrath. Had dude gone zombie mode he would have been my hero.

Anti Federalist
04-28-2014, 06:27 PM
I swear this shit will not stop until they suffer. One does not bring flowers to a tyrant to get them to go away, one must bring wrath. Had dude gone zombie mode he would have been my hero.

Had he laid a finger on any of them, in the state they were in, they would have beat him to death.

And the mob of people would have just watched, slack jawed and drooling.

phill4paul
04-28-2014, 08:00 PM

We give them gold and yet they will not stop coming unto our shores. It has ever been such.

V3n
04-29-2014, 06:41 AM
Thank God he wasn't wearing a hoodie!

DGambler
04-29-2014, 06:50 AM
Had he laid a finger on any of them, in the state they were in, they would have beat him to death.

Agreed, but do remember two things.... 1) The crowd was drunk, probably very much so and 2) they were college students... The majority of them probably have never experienced this side of law enforcement, to this point in their lives, they had been told to respect the cops... Hopefully, this was a wake up call for some.

tod evans
04-29-2014, 06:59 AM

Would strongly worded letters and possibly protesting in designated areas help?

jonhowe
04-29-2014, 07:53 AM

since 1992.

So. How many incidents exactly like this have occurred (off camera) in the last 22 years?

I posted this story on facebook with a comment on how important it is to record police action. I got a VERY positive response. I suggest we all do the same. And it helps if you have done so yourself; I posted the below picture as well, from a police encounter outside my window last month:

http://i.imgur.com/GFU3clxl.jpg (http://imgur.com/GFU3clx)

jtap
04-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Figures an outside perspective makes an observed comment: (from the UK article)

Kargas, Athens, Greece, 54 minutes ago

If this happens out in public, God knows what happens when no ones around.

If there's no camera....Officer NoNeck doesn't get fired...Just another day beating up college kids.

So very true. Always have your recording device ready to go!

KingNothing
04-29-2014, 08:52 AM
Sometimes I think it's a shame that the War on Police is just a myth.*

*I'm not advocating violence. It's just that sometimes... you know... you understand it.

KingNothing
04-29-2014, 08:53 AM
Agreed, but do remember two things.... 1) The crowd was drunk, probably very much so and 2) they were college students... The majority of them probably have never experienced this side of law enforcement, to this point in their lives, they had been told to respect the cops... Hopefully, this was a wake up call for some.

Libertarianism, happening to one person at a time.

KingNothing
04-29-2014, 08:54 AM

Some day, people will witness such an action and not stand slack jawed and drooling. That will be a very bad day for some police officers, and the following days will be EXTREMELY bad for any mundane in the area.

Thor
04-29-2014, 09:12 AM
Tennessee sheriff's deputy is FIRED after he was caught on camera choking an unresisting college student until he passed out

Who wants to place bets on how long until he is hired by another department?

Acala
04-29-2014, 11:22 AM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/27/article-2614386-1D67E05000000578-275_634x422.jpg

I'm not expert but I think you are supposed to cycle off the steroids BEFORE you become a psychotic blob.

phill4paul
05-18-2014, 11:46 AM
UPDATE: Cop won't get fired, will retire instead, no charges.

The Tennessee sheriff’s deputy who choked an already restrained and unarmed college student until the 23-year-old passed out has been allowed to retire from the police force, and will not face criminal assault charges.

The Knox County Sheriff’s Office fired Deputy Frank Phillips after reviewing photographs that showed Phillips choking University of Tennessee student Jared Dotson, but now will let him opt for “deferred retirement,” according to The Knoxville News Sentinel.

The incident occurred last month in the aftermath of an end-of-classes party at the UT campus. Raucous and inebriated students allegedly threw beer bottles at cop cars, necessitating several arrests. Dotson was one of those arrested. He did not resist or disregard police orders, instead quietly accompanying an officer to a squad car. Dotson was motionless when Phillips took hold of his neck and began choking him. The student eventually fell to the ground, unconscious. (RELATED: Shocking Pics: Tennessee Cop Choked Peaceful Student Until He Passed Out)

Freelance photographer John Messner snapped several photographs of the shocking encounter. The Daily Mail published them.

Phillips had planned to appeal his termination, but is content with deferred retirement, according to WBIR.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/11/deputy-who-choked-student-gets-to-retire-wont-face-charges/#ixzz325fcAaq5

RJB
05-18-2014, 11:50 AM

Sad. I called it earlier. They don't "fire" one of their own.

Anti Federalist
05-18-2014, 11:52 AM

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/11/deputy-who-choked-student-gets-to-retire-wont-face-charges/#ixzz325fcAaq5

At full pay I'm sure.

http://i.imgur.com/x24r4Hq.jpg

And not a fuck will given.

Cops can beat, tase, shoot, you, your loved ones, your pets and nobody gives a shit.

Let some asshole shoot off his mouth in a private conversation in a barroom and the whole fucking country flips the fuck out.

Fuck these people, they deserve just what they are going to get.

I just wish I didn't have to take the beating along with them just for being here.

Anti Federalist
05-18-2014, 12:25 PM
Some day, people will witness such an action and not stand slack jawed and drooling. That will be a very bad day for some police officers, and the following days will be EXTREMELY bad for any mundane in the area.

Yes, yes it will.

Like cutting out a cancerous growth, it will be messy, painful, and have no guarantee of success.

But the prospect of not doing anything is worse.

green73
05-19-2014, 08:26 AM

bump

aGameOfThrones
05-19-2014, 08:48 AM

Attempted murder gets rewarded with a retirement party.

Cleaner44
05-19-2014, 08:54 AM

Hopefully people in TN will demand a prosecution of the criminal that was photographed will committing the crime. The DA needs to do their job or be removed.

Hopefully the victim will file a lawsuit.

Thor
05-19-2014, 08:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/x24r4Hq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TKg8Hr6.jpg

green73
05-19-2014, 11:39 AM

nice

Anti Federalist
05-19-2014, 11:49 AM
nice

He even got the handwriting correct.

SeanTX
05-19-2014, 11:53 AM
When I saw that the deputy had something like 21 years in service, I just knew they would wait for public interest to die down (doesn't take long) and then quietly give him his retirement.

aGameOfThrones
05-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Can't tell me that whole police department ain't corrupt.

JK/SEA
05-19-2014, 03:45 PM
and a one more time...just for you, you lovely men in blue...

Henry Rogue
05-19-2014, 03:48 PM
The Sheriff must have gotten his reelection.

phill4paul
06-18-2014, 07:51 PM
Charges dismissed against Tennessee student choked while handcuffed

A judge on Wednesday dismissed charges against a Tennessee college student whose choking while handcuffed was captured in internationally circulated pictures and led to the dismissal of a sheriff's deputy.

Jarod Dotson had been charged with public intoxication and resisting arrest after authorities shut down a massive student block party in April near the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.

"There simply was no evidence of wrongdoing, of criminal conduct, by Mr. Dotson," his attorney, Tasha Blakney, said Wednesday in a telephone interview.

Blakney said she discussed the charges with District Attorney Randy Nichols and prosecutors had agreed to dismiss the case in Knox County General Sessions Court.

"He suffered injuries and the conduct of these officers was absolutely inappropriate and violated Mr. Dotson's rights," she said.

Blakney said she continues to represent Dotson, who is considering other options including a lawsuit. She also represents several other students arrested that night.

The photographs, published online, showed a Knox County sheriff's deputy appearing to choke Dotson while two officers handcuffed the student's hands behind his back.

The Knox County sheriff dismissed the deputy, Frank Phillips, after department investigators determined he had used excessive force during the arrest.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/18/us-usa-tennessee-police-idUSKBN0ET2AA20140618

SeanTX
06-18-2014, 09:10 PM
Charges dismissed against Tennessee student choked while handcuffed

A judge on Wednesday dismissed charges against a Tennessee college student whose choking while handcuffed was captured in internationally circulated pictures and led to the dismissal of a sheriff's deputy.

snip

"There simply was no evidence of wrongdoing, of criminal conduct, by Mr. Dotson," his attorney, Tasha Blakney, said Wednesday in a telephone interview.

You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride -- I'll bet Ms. Tasha Blakney (esquire) has "earned" a good $3000 - $5000 or more from her client on "dismissed" charges, while the pig who choked him has earned far more in early retirement benefits (after first being "fired") .

The JustUs system at it's finest -- both sides win ! And the innocent who might be in the middle lose, it's just a matter of how much .... sucks to be them!