PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin: ‘Waterboarding is how we’d baptize terrorists’ in her administration

RonPaulFanInGA
04-27-2014, 04:49 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/26/palin-waterboarding-how-wed-baptize-terrorists-her/

Meanwhile, some Tea Party-types wonder why Palin and Cruz would not actually be viable in a national presidential election, even when it stares them directly in the face with statements such as this.

Feeding the Abscess
04-27-2014, 05:13 AM
She's coming around.

Suzanimal
04-27-2014, 05:30 AM
And Boobus cheers....
smh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOuggGLMKgg

Natural Citizen
04-27-2014, 05:36 AM
We've discussed this phenomenon in the Religion sub forum before. It's an unfortunate reality that we have people in these kinds of social/political positions of leadership enviting violence based upon what they understand God's will to be. Doesn't help that they are further sensationalised by providing them such platforms as reality tv to stimulate their propaganda.

I do wonder who writes speeches for this screwball though. Seems like the mindset that I gather from a lot of the TEA PARTY PATRIOTS so I assume that it's aimed toward that particular demograph.

osan
04-27-2014, 05:56 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/26/palin-waterboarding-how-wed-baptize-terrorists-her/

Meanwhile, some Tea Party-types wonder why Palin and Cruz would not actually be viable in a national presidential election, even when it stares them directly in the face with statements such as this.

Why discuss Palin at all? She has less than zero chance.

The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me. How does any presumably intelligent adult decide that such statements will get them where they presumably seek to go? Or could the presumption be mistaken? Remember the Ross Perot deal... I'm in... I'm out... I'm back in...

That sort of thing is enough to get one wondering whether there is some spectacularly large consipracy out there to screw with people's minds in ways never attempted prior to the "modern" age. I doubt it is the case, but what if it were? What if the vast majority of these candidates and other "personalities" were in the pocket of the same pair of pants? How would we be able to tell? It's so crazy a notion that we would <drum roll>... never believe it.

It is just that the consistency of their actions and statements is so uniformly stupid at times that it gets my attention. Can anyone credibly and with a straight face say that Sarah Palin has not so much sense as to know that such a statement will inflame lots of people on either side of the so-called "aisle"? Seriously, who in their right minds thinks that advocating torture is going to find support by anything but a small minority and piss-off the rest?

I suppose it could be that people in these positions are precisely that dislocated from the reality the rest of us experience, or that conceited, self-centered, arrogant... that they don't see it or they just don't care. I am sure Palin is not hurting for money. Perhaps there is some additional reason for that? Or could THAT be the reason she doesn't care what she says? Perhaps she wants to be out of the circus and finds this the way to get to the exit without bruising the ego?

Or perhaps I am trying to make rational sense of that which has none?

muh_roads
04-27-2014, 06:41 AM
Does that mean we can baptize financial terrorists like bankers?

I'm in, Sarah.

pcosmar
04-27-2014, 07:41 AM

Seems a lot of that around lately.

04-27-2014, 01:41 PM
Well she's not running for president, now we know that for sure. Still her endorsement will carry some weight in the primary.

Acala
04-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Torture everyone and let Jesus sort them out.

James Madison
04-27-2014, 02:23 PM
Torture everyone and let Jesus sort them out.

It's what Jesus would want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkZ4Ui8izKk

Antischism
04-27-2014, 02:23 PM
It's scary to think about how many people in positions of power hold these sick views.

VIDEODROME
04-27-2014, 02:28 PM
John McCain really deserved running mate like Sarah Palin.

https://lordhelpus.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/john-mccain-facepalm.jpg

twomp
04-27-2014, 02:31 PM
How "christian" of her.

NIU Students for Liberty
04-27-2014, 02:56 PM
But I thought she was coming our way :rolleyes:

Wooden Indian
04-27-2014, 03:08 PM
But I thought she was coming our way :rolleyes:

She's right behind Glen Beck. They'll be here any moment. For realsies.

ChristianAnarchist
04-27-2014, 03:11 PM
WWJW... (Who Would Jesus Waterboard?)

ONUV
04-27-2014, 03:15 PM
she's a cartoon.

BucksforPaul
04-27-2014, 04:08 PM
Don't you all know that she is the mother of the constitution and Glenn Beck is a hero? /s

Shane Harris
04-27-2014, 04:25 PM
she's a cartoon.

exactly, unfortunately like most tea-partiers

satchelmcqueen
04-27-2014, 04:31 PM
do they not realize that jesus was also from over there? he was a "towel head" to. would they bomb him to?

Paulbot99
04-27-2014, 04:57 PM
Jesus would be crucified by either party.

twomp
04-27-2014, 05:04 PM
Jesus hung out with sinners and his crucifixion was cheered on by the pharisees who were considered the most "religious" scholars of the time. I have no doubt that if Jesus were here in our time, the people that would want him gone are most likely the social conservatives. They couldn't take the thought of their savior hanging out with sinners, alcoholics and prostitutes.

DamianTV
04-27-2014, 05:12 PM
I think Sarah Palin needs to be "Baptized"...

As far as Jesus hanging out with 'scum', how else would he have helped people? Let someone else do his work for him? Isnt that how most Govts do things? Just delegate problems to be handled by the worst group of people possible to tackle any situation? If you want a job done right, gotta do it yourself.

Paulbot99
04-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Jesus hung out with sinners and his crucifixion was cheered on by the pharisees who were considered the most "religious" scholars of the time. I have no doubt that if Jesus were here in our time, the people that would want him gone are most likely the social conservatives. They couldn't take the thought of their savior hanging out with sinners, alcoholics and prostitutes.

Let's not forget the American liberals who would be offended by His "Repent and sin no more" message. And His disregard for earthly powers.

osan
04-27-2014, 07:02 PM
she's a cartoon.

You, sir, disparage cartoons with great injustice!

osan
04-27-2014, 07:04 PM
I think Sarah Palin needs to be "Baptized"...

D00d, I wouldn't piss on her if she were on fire.

Question: are we sure we have the whole story?

Could this quote have been taken out of context???

CPUd
04-27-2014, 08:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xMeysnr.jpg

BucksforPaul
04-27-2014, 09:17 PM
do they not realize that jesus was also from over there? he was a "towel head" to. would they bomb him to?

Jesus would be crucified by either party.

Here is an old satire piece that definitely needs to be updated.

What Would Happen If Jesus Were Born In U.S. Today?

Infant Discovered In Barn, Child Protective Services Launch Probe

Nazareth Carpenter Being Held On Charges Involving Underage Mother

12/14/06 --"Information Clearing House" - Bethlehem, Judea - Authorities were today alerted by a concerned citizen who noticed a family living in a barn. Upon arrival, Family Protective Service personnel, accompanied by police, took into protective care an infant child named Jesus, who had been wrapped in strips of cloth and placed in a feeding trough by his 14-year old mother, Mary of Nazareth.

During the confrontation, a man identified as Joseph, also of Nazareth, attempted to stop the social workers. Joseph, aided by several local shepherds and some unidentified foreigners, tried to forestall efforts to take the child, but were restrained by the police.

At one point Joseph became confrontational and delusional claiming the child was "God's child". An officer, who used a Tazer device on Joseph, stated,"The man became uncooperative. We feared for his own safety and that of the child so we used a non-lethal weapon and restrained him in handcuffs. This was the same man I detained earlier for attempting to take a donkey on a public highway. At that time he incredibly claimed a 'common right to his conveyance of choice on a public highway' explaining that his donkey only used the grassy portion and was nointerference to the faster vehicles.

He showed no identification, said he had no job and claimed to not have a social security number-laughing and uttering some non-sense that it was the 'mark of the beast'. He was cooperative at that time so I let him go with a highway warning and a charge of vagrancy. It's a trend with these types of people: We find that they start in minor trouble like traffic incidents and graduate to more acts of civil disobedience. Eventually they cross-over and break one of the many many laws of and for government. Still, I can't understand why he became uncooperative to the point that we had to use non-lethal force-after all we're just doing the job of the 'consent of the governed'. Don't these people understand that they must submit to authority that is in their best interests?"

Also being held for questioning are three foreigners who incredibly allege to be "wise men" from an eastern country. The INS and Homeland Security officials are seeking information about these who may be in the country illegally. A source with the INS states that they had no passports, but were in possession of gold and other possibly illegal substances. They resisted arrest saying that they had been warned by God to avoid officials in Jerusalem and to return quickly to their own country. The chemical substances in their possession will be tested. An officer at the scene said the suspicious enclosures for the chemical substances might constitute "drug paraphernalia". The agent for Homeland Security stated that he contacted the IRS under the suspicion that this gold might be linked to a foreign trust method of "under-reporting income".

An agent commented: "The presence of paraphernalia, chemical substances, gold, and foreign people without passports is certainly suspicious. Terrorists are known to fund terrorism activities through illegal drug trading. Or these could be part of an illegal-alien smuggling ring from Mexico. In either case the claim that these three are Kings is unsubstantiated as they are not diplomats registered with the Department of State."

The owner of the barn is also being held for questioning. The manager of Bethlehem Inn faces possible revocation of his license for violating health and safety regulations by allowing people to stay in the stable. Civil authorities are also investigating the zoning violations involved in maintaining livestock in a commercially-zoned district. The owner of the barn claimed he provided the lodging free hence the guests did not need to register.

He was noted to exclaim, "For heaven's sake, its Jesus! Can't we forego government intrusion into our lives for the Christ-child celebration?" Authorities were not amused and demanded his identification and his Inn lodging and restaurant board-of-health certification.

The location of the minor child will not be released, and the prospect for a quick resolution to this case is doubtful. Asked about when Jesus would be returned to his mother, a Child Protective Service spokesperson said, "The father is middle-aged and the mother definitely underage. This is suspicious behavior worthy of investigation." When asked who these people were and where they were from, the spokesman replied: "Both parents refuse to provide identification. Both claim no social security number and provided no marriage license.

The father claims a license from heaven as a common-law right. They have no birth certificate for the baby Jesus. In this sense they are deemed uncooperative by us and are probably members of some anti-government common-law movement group. I simply can't imagine why parents would not want to register the birth and citizenship of a baby such as Jesus!

In America everybody does this--it's for the welfare of the child. Why would they not want to register that baby Jesus as a UNITED STATES CITIZEN and hence leave his real citizenship in question? If they are not hiding something, what do they have to fear?

I tried to reason with the father. I asked the father the question as to why he never applied for baby Jesus' social security number explaining that Jesus could have earning's credit's and receive retirement benefits. The father uttered total non-sense about 'rendering unto Caesar', more religious 'mark-of-the-beast' dogma, and retirement in God's kingdom.

Frankly I'm flabbergasted by these types of people. It's a trend we wish to stop. They never volunteer and this we view as uncooperative behavior. They never apply for social security numbers, they never register the birth of their children, they refuse to register to vote for our two parties, they don't show us identification when we ask 'for their papers" kindly, they refuse to send their children to public education under a homeschool banner, they claim adherence to God's law and not man's, they claim government harassment as the reason they must be transients, and they protest filling-out voluntary-compliance government forms. Frankly, these types of anti-government people are always uncooperative. We are checking with officials in Nazareth to determine what the legal relationship is between father, mother and baby."

Joseph has admitted taking Mary from her home in Nazareth because of a census requirement. However, because she was obviously pregnant when they left, investigators are looking into other reasons for their departure. Joseph is being held without bond on charges of molestation, kidnapping, child endangerment, and statutory rape.

The local prosecutor had this to say: "I feel confident that this man is either suffering from a psychological problem or is hiding his uncooperative, anti-social and anti-government viewpoints under the disguise of religious dogma. Everybody is entitled to a viewpoint but the defining line is statutory criminal activity and possible terrorist threats. We will weigh the evidence collected and then decide the extent of the charges and whether to prosecute."

A spokesman for the court said this: "We always consider the welfare of people first. If this case is brought to trial we will judge it on the basis of social welfare for the child and criminal activity in violation of law for government. If brought to trial they will be allowed court-determined due process before a jury of their peers to present factual evidence on their behalf. Rest assured, they will NOT be permitted to express their view of the law to the jury-even though they claim to operate under God's law and not man's. This could 'unduly influence' the jury.

They will be appointed an attorney free of charge as attorneys are always for incompetents only. Rest assured that even though our incarceration rate is the highest in the world, the People still claim our courts and judges are the fairest in the world. We respect their religious viewpoints however, they will be judged and prosecuted to the full extent of our government statutory law and we will not allow their religious viewpoints to interfere with our government statutory law in the administration of our justice."

Mary was taken to the Bethlehem General Hospital where she is being examined by doctors. Charges may also be filed against her for endangerment. She will also undergo psychiatric evaluation because of her claim that she is a virgin and that the child is from God.

The director of the psychiatric wing said, "I don't profess to have the right to tell people what to believe, but when their beliefs adversely affect the safety and well-being of others - in this case her child - we must consider her a danger to others. The unidentified drugs at the scene didn't help her case, but I'm confidant that with the proper therapy regimen we can get her back on her feet."

A spokesperson for the governor's office said, "Who knows what was going through their heads? But regardless, their treatment of the child was inexcusable, and the involvement of these others frightening. There is much we don't know about this case, but for the sake of the child and the public, you can be assured that we will pursue this matter to the end."

kcchiefs6465
04-27-2014, 09:21 PM
D00d, I wouldn't piss on her if she were on fire.

Question: are we sure we have the whole story?

Could this quote have been taken out of context???
The video provides perfect context. I think it's the first page.

juleswin
04-28-2014, 04:54 AM
I am going to play the devils advocate of this and speculate that Sarah Palin is talking about using water boarding as the very last resort to solving a 24hr type scenario where time is of the essence and a lot of civilians is on the line. Water boarding unlike most other forms of torture doesn't leave the victim bloody or missing body parts, it is the quickest and cleanest form of torture most people know off and some people just think of the idea of taking it off completely taking it off the table as unacceptable.

Imagine a very possible scenario of a known sexual offender holding your child and then said offender refusing to talk after being captured. Who amongst you will insist water boarding not be used to extract the necessary information from the perp? Its all good saying that you are principled but will you continue to be principled when someone you love is on the line

So my guess is that they are cheering for using the least physically damaging type of torture against real terrorists to potentially save lives. Quite frankly, I am not that opposed to water boarding just as long as American govt doesn't act all high and mighty and send soliders to some international court for them using it on American soliders. I rather they do that than bust someone's balls. But will I be cheering a pol that exposing this ideology on stage? probably not cause I will have to make sure that we are on the same page about it

mrsat_98
04-28-2014, 05:14 AM
Why discuss Palin at all? She has less than zero chance.

She has a nice rack.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002337999/06915533_sarah_palin_5_xlarge.jpeg

HOLLYWOOD
04-28-2014, 05:15 AM
Boy, media, politicians, and TPTB love to swing the pendulum further right/left, for the unsuspecting proletariat, shaping their pea brain conjecture into party herds.

All those years in TV Infotainment, can't Palin even speak smoothly? She sounds like an ADD person with her vocal cords stuck in first gear riding the pedals. Annoying and no brains.

mrsat_98
04-28-2014, 05:21 AM
See previous post. Things like that have a hypnotic effect on Boobus, thus the name.

HOLLYWOOD
04-28-2014, 05:26 AM
See previous post. Things like that have a hypnotic effect on Boobus, thus the name.No thanks... that thing is 'worn-out'. ;)

Suzanimal
04-28-2014, 06:18 AM
She has a nice rack.

Wow, are those real?

I'm jealous.

tod evans
04-28-2014, 06:21 AM
Wow, are those real?

I'm jealous.

Yuk!

All show and no go...

Chrome don't get ya' home..

There are hundreds more that apply....

Feeding the Abscess
04-28-2014, 06:28 AM
Wow, are those real?

I'm jealous.

It's a photoshop creation. Palin's head on some woman's body.

green73
04-28-2014, 06:33 AM
Nuremberg Barbie’s Blasphemous Punchline
William Norman Grigg

If I were in charge, reality TV celebrity Sarah Palin told the recent convention of the National Rifle Association (http://crooksandliars.com/2014/04/palin-tells-nra-members-waterboarding-how), “waterboarding is how we [would] baptize terrorists.”

Perhaps, as a friend of mine commented, Mrs. Palin would describe force-feeding of hunger strikers in Gitmo as a form of Communion.

The calculated gibe – a casual blasphemy — was a flawless applause line for Palin’s audience, which drew heavily from among conservatives of the sort who are expansively skeptical of power unless it is deployed with lethal effect against anybody the Government has designated an enemy.

Nuremberg Barbie’s punchline mocked both a sacred gesture of Christian commitment and the ineffaceable humanity of those accused of terrorism and other grievous crimes. Christian tradition and teaching have recognized for centuries that torture is not only ineffective in practical terms, but an abominable sin and a horrible crime.

Does Sarah Palin believe that the Prince of Peace – who was tortured before giving His Life for our salvation – would support or countenance torture? A distressingly large number of American Evangelical Christians appear to think so.

In August 2009, The Economist magazine published the findings of a global survey (http://www.economist.com/research/articlesBySubject/displaystory.cfm?subjectid=7933596&story_id=14120009) conducted by World Public Opinion on the subject of torture. Large population samples from fourteen countries were asked which of the following two propositions they agreed with: Either that “All state torture should be prohibited,” or that “Some degree of torture should be allowed.”

Of the national populations surveyed, the one most emphatically opposed to torture was that of Great Britain, with more than 80% rejecting it in all circumstances, and only 15% describing it as tolerable in certain situations.

What of the United States of America, which has the most pious population of any developed nation and a Constitution that expressly forbids cruel and unusual punishment? The USA finished eighth of the fourteen nations surveyed, with nearly half supporting torture in some circumstances and just over half rejecting it outright. More than half of American Christians who attend worship services once a week agreed that torture was “sometimes” or “often” justified (http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/04/30/religion.torture/index.html).

Americans were more likely to condone the use of torture than citizens of Muslim nations such as Indonesia and Egypt. And in proportionate terms, more Americans than Chinese support the practice. In this sense, regrettably, America is a genuinely exceptional nation.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/nuremberg-barbies-blasphemous-punchline/

specsaregood
04-28-2014, 06:42 AM
If I was a Christian, I suspect I would be upset about Palin equating my religious custom to torture. Just saying...

Suzanimal
04-28-2014, 06:54 AM
It's a photoshop creation. Palin's head on some woman's body.

Well, whoever they belong to, I'm impressed.

What of the United States of America, which has the most pious population of any developed nation and a Constitution that expressly forbids cruel and unusual punishment? The USA finished eighth of the fourteen nations surveyed, with nearly half supporting torture in some circumstances and just over half rejecting it outright. More than half of American Christians who attend worship services once a week agreed that torture was “sometimes” or “often” justified.

:eek:
Wow, that's pretty screwed up.

limequat
04-28-2014, 09:25 AM
I am going to play the devils advocate of this and speculate that Sarah Palin is talking about using water boarding as the very last resort to solving a 24hr type scenario where time is of the essence and a lot of civilians is on the line. Water boarding unlike most other forms of torture doesn't leave the victim bloody or missing body parts, it is the quickest and cleanest form of torture most people know off and some people just think of the idea of taking it off completely taking it off the table as unacceptable.

Imagine a very possible scenario of a known sexual offender holding your child and then said offender refusing to talk after being captured. Who amongst you will insist water boarding not be used to extract the necessary information from the perp? Its all good saying that you are principled but will you continue to be principled when someone you love is on the line

So my guess is that they are cheering for using the least physically damaging type of torture against real terrorists to potentially save lives. Quite frankly, I am not that opposed to water boarding just as long as American govt doesn't act all high and mighty and send soliders to some international court for them using it on American soliders. I rather they do that than bust someone's balls. But will I be cheering a pol that exposing this ideology on stage? probably not cause I will have to make sure that we are on the same page about it

The problem with torture is that it often leads to bad information. In your example above, what if your perp doesn't actually know the information that you desire?
Other forms of interrogation are not only more humane, but more effective as well.

Carlybee
04-28-2014, 09:36 AM
She is her own worst enemy

Ender
04-28-2014, 01:22 PM
She is her own worst enemy

Now, if she would just stay the hell away from the rest of us.

jllundqu
04-28-2014, 01:56 PM
I prefer Jack Bauer's method of stuffing a towel into the gut then ripping it out, thus destroying the stomach lining and causing the digestive fluid to begin digesting the internal organs. Much more efficient than waterboarding, imo.

/sarc

Christian Liberty
08-06-2014, 03:13 PM
John McCain really deserved running mate like Sarah Palin.

https://lordhelpus.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/john-mccain-facepalm.jpg

Palin is still better than McCain. And that's really, really sad when you think about it.

enhanced_deficit
08-06-2014, 07:24 PM
This photo of her with a suspected terrist probably crosses the line:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?456916-LMAO!-Putin-prez-pic&p=5604730&viewfull=1#post5604730

PaleoPaul
08-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Whenever I hear Sarah Palin speak:

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000845469/polls_palin_whoosh_4122_893520_xlarge.jpeg

Lucille
08-06-2014, 08:01 PM
The blasphemy pains me even more than her grating voice and dumbass opinions.