PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Lets A Rapist Go Free To Committ Murder!

max
11-30-2007, 11:14 PM
A woman is now dead because of Mike Huckabee!

http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/ArticleViewer.aspx?ArticleID=154e1aad-fd18-4efd-8d80-b5dab8559419

integrity
11-30-2007, 11:15 PM
its not hillary is it? did she go to mars?

werdd
11-30-2007, 11:15 PM
as time goes on thers going to be so much dirt coming up on this liberal in elephants suit. Not that there isnt already.

fcofer
12-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Honestly, out of all the dirt you can dig up about Huckabee (check www.taxhikemike.org), this is probably the lamest. It's not like the Huckster was soft on murderers -- he presided over a lot of executions, if I recall.

The guy (murderer) was crazy, but at the time, there were legitimate questions as to his guilt. Maybe Huck pardoned him for political reasons, but I think that's a bit of a stretch -- it's almost never good political sense to pardon a rapist. If Huck actually acted in good faith when he commuted the guy's sentence, then that actually raises his stock with me quite significantly. Even though it ended up being a terrible mistake, it seems like Huck stood up for principle and did something honorable. and this, I freely admit, gives him what points he has with me. The Executive has the power to override the judicial system in defense of liberty in some circumstances for a purpose.

Don't get me wrong -- I'd rather see almost anyone in office besides Huckabee. He's a tax-hiking big-spending slick-talking uber-panderer. But attacking him on this particular issue leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There's plenty of other, better reasons why he should be avoided by voters.

paulka
12-01-2007, 02:42 AM
I'd disagree, fcifer. It's not about winning points among us libertarians, or about what we think is better or worse; we must ask whther such issues could significantly affect the vote of more conservative-leaning Republicans who are still undecided (and might otherwise jump on Hulcka's bandwagon if he continues to rise in the polls). And I think this sort of news does just that.
But of course, if you think such GOP members are unlikely to choose Paul anyway, you could argue that it'd be better to split the conservative vote as much as possible.

Hope
12-01-2007, 02:56 AM
Honestly, out of all the dirt you can dig up about Huckabee (check www.taxhikemike.org), this is probably the lamest. It's not like the Huckster was soft on murderers -- he presided over a lot of executions, if I recall.

The guy (murderer) was crazy, but at the time, there were legitimate questions as to his guilt. Maybe Huck pardoned him for political reasons, but I think that's a bit of a stretch -- it's almost never good political sense to pardon a rapist. If Huck actually acted in good faith when he commuted the guy's sentence, then that actually raises his stock with me quite significantly. Even though it ended up being a terrible mistake, it seems like Huck stood up for principle and did something honorable. and this, I freely admit, gives him what points he has with me. The Executive has the power to override the judicial system in defense of liberty in some circumstances for a purpose.

Don't get me wrong -- I'd rather see almost anyone in office besides Huckabee. He's a tax-hiking big-spending slick-talking uber-panderer. But attacking him on this particular issue leaves a bad taste in my mouth. There's plenty of other, better reasons why he should be avoided by voters.

QFT.

JAYCEE
12-01-2007, 04:55 AM
The most important issue in the Wayne DuMond case is Huckabee's near-religious fixation on letting the rapist out of jail.

Huck thought the rapist got a raw deal because he raped Bill Clinton's cousin. Remember, hating Bill Clinton was a quasi-religion in 1996.

Huckabee is a theocrat. He is an accessory to the rape and murder of Carol Sue Shields.

Personally, I think Huckabee is a sociopath. His refusal to accept responsibility for his role in the rape and murder of Shields, his desire to force others into his healthy lifestyle (another religious fixation), and his crossed eyes all indicate mental illness. He should be remanded to the custody of a mental health facility before he hurts anyone else.

werdd
12-01-2007, 10:28 AM
http://www.utopiarescue.com/oldsite/stop_animal_torture.htm what about his son hanging a dog slitting its throat and stoning it? Sick kid IMO. Id love to kick his ass.