PDA

View Full Version : I am sick of New Yorkers complaining about high rents

Boshembechle
04-25-2014, 05:52 PM
That city has the most extensive rent control program in the entire nation, and these twits don't realize that it discourages renters and builders from constructing new housing units, and even encourages renters to convert spaces into offices.

Ronin Truth
04-25-2014, 06:25 PM
And many of them are sick of high rents.

Boshembechle
04-25-2014, 06:40 PM
And many of them are sick of high rents.But they will defend rent control till they die.

Carlybee
04-25-2014, 06:57 PM

Ronin Truth
04-25-2014, 07:06 PM
But they will defend rent control till they die.

Probably because they fear, rightly or not, that without rent control the rents would be even higher.

CaptUSA
04-25-2014, 07:11 PM
Oh for crying out...

One minute you're all about price controls and the next you're against them?! Hows 'bout a little consistency?

Why do I think this thread is a feeble set up for something???

Boshembechle
04-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Probably because they fear, rightly or not, that without rent control the rents would be even higher.Only in the short term. Although, I admit that zoning laws also drive up rents since they restrict areas where units can be built.

RJB
04-25-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm sick of Boshembechle complaining... Period. :)

BucksforPaul
04-25-2014, 07:19 PM
That city has the most extensive rent control program in the entire nation, and these twits don't realize that it discourages renters and builders from constructing new housing units, and even encourages renters to convert spaces into offices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg5SwyTvAHw

dannno
04-25-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm not sure I'd want to live there if it was free.

RJB
04-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Here's the real reason rent is so high.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY

tod evans
04-25-2014, 07:33 PM
I am sick of New Yorkers

Ya' got part of it right....

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-25-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm sick of Boshembechle

That part of it is right too. Actually, Bomb Breath, you're sort of amusing, in a I'm really bored and even find you amusing sort of way.

angelatc
04-25-2014, 08:54 PM

Wait - don't you think that everybody has the right to live in Manhattan no matter how much it costs?

fr33
04-26-2014, 12:03 AM

From my point of view, living in New York is like living in a fancy prison so it wouldn't surprise me if many of it's residents suffer from both Stockholm Syndrome and cognitive dissonance. Anyways, a population with such a majority that fears the concept of defending themselves and supports the theory of gun control deserves what they get. I suggest that the rational people move the hell out of that shithole.

Matt Collins
04-26-2014, 08:30 AM
Exactly.... anyone who lives in a place like that deserves what they get.

Unregistered
04-26-2014, 09:44 AM
Exactly.... anyone who lives in a place like that deserves what they get.

That's just stupid. Not everyone in New York supports tyranny. This is jut a libertarian modified version of "love it or leave it."

pcosmar
04-26-2014, 09:59 AM
I am sick of trolls that are too well fed.

Starve them and let them die.

Orion_Simerl
04-28-2014, 05:19 PM
Why is that something that people should be concerned with, already New York has more vacant properties than there are homeless people, so what purpose does it serve to build more properties when you cannot fill the vacant ones? Certainly they will anyway in efforts to turn a profit on redundant meaningless production but again it serves no true purpose.