PDA

View Full Version : The name of the blimp should be Freedom One

wecandoit
11-30-2007, 11:11 PM
I've not posted in a long while, but I've been following this and I can't believe no one has suggested Freedom One.

A beautiful name for a beautiful project.

I may not post again for another 4 months, but the blimp should be named Freedom One.

Let there be freedom won, with Freedom One.

wecandoit
12-01-2007, 09:09 AM
The name has got to be Freedom One. It works on all levels.

First off, where there are some good suggestions, most are too cutesy, the type of thing you read in an internet message, this blimp is going to be in the real world.

The campaign should name this, but since they can't, we have to name it like the campaign would.

Air Force Ron is the best of the bunch, but it is still not there, Ron is not close enough to One to pull it off, and it's still too much of an attempt to be clever. This also has to be more about the message than one man, Ron would be the first to say this.

Here is why Freedom One works best, IMO.

1. It's straightforward, not too cutesy.
2. What is somehing that flies? above all else, it is FREE
3. The One makes it sound presidential
4. The best part, it has a built in subliminal message, I'll explain.

How many subliminal messages have we heard through the MSM that Hillary has already won? repeat it over and over and people will accept it.

We'll in our case, it will soak into people's head's that Freedom WON.

To sumarize, it's not trying to be too clever, it sounds presidential, it conveys the message of the movement probably better than any single word (freedom), it has a built in subliminal message, AND it is likely a name the campaign would not be embarrased by.

Freedom One, I'm I the only one who sees it? It has to be Freedom One!

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 09:19 AM

First off, where there are some good suggestions, most are too cutesy, the type of thing you read in an internet message, this blimp is going to be in the real world.

The campaign should name this, but since they can't, we have to name it like the campaign would.

Air Force Ron is the best of the bunch, but it is still not there, Ron is not close enough to One to pull it off, and it's still too much of an attempt to be clever. This also has to be more about the message than one man, Ron would be the first to say this.

How many subliminal messages have we heard through the MSM that Hillary has already won? repeat it over and over and people will accept it.

To sumarize, it's not trying to be too clever, it sounds presidential, it conveys the message of the movement probably better than any single word (freedom), it has a built in subliminal message, AND it is likely a name the campaign would not be embarrased by.

I think you are right. Also, we've polled this two times, and Freedom and Freedom One is the least disliked name (acceptable by all).

-----
Edit: Links to the polls: first one mentions all the "One" variations (2nd msg down, second actually polled Freedom One)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44407&page=3

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44848

wecandoit
12-01-2007, 09:35 AM
I think you are right. Also, we've polled this two times, and Freedom and Freedom One is the least disliked name (acceptable by all).

Thanks for the confirmation. I had seen Freedom voted on, but not Freedom One.

I'm not good at many things, but things like this come easy to me. When I first heard of the attempt to name the blimp, this is what came to me immediately, and there has not been a close second.

Freedom One, I hope enough people see it that way.

bolidew
12-01-2007, 09:42 AM
I really like it!

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Freedom is easy to work into songs (Freedom as a nickname for Freedom One)

Here's a lyric change that has been in my head for the last day:

Fly, captain fly
Upon your freedom ship,
Be amazed at the friends
You have here on your trip.
Fly captain fly
Upon your freedom ship,
On your way to a world
That others might have missed.

[Seventy-three] men sailed up
From the Boston Harbor Bay,
Got off their ship
And here's what they had to say.
"We're callin' everyone to ride along
To another shore,
We can laugh our lives away
And be free once more."

Steve4RP
12-01-2007, 11:01 AM
I like it too.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 12:05 PM
i like it :)

wecandoit
12-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Cool, I hope enough people will see it that way.

I think that "Freedom One" has a 2nd subliminal message that was working on me when it occured to me that this was the perfect name.

Besides also sounding like freedom "won" as a pre-conditioning that Paul is the real winner. It also works as the priorities we have as a nation, or should have according to our message.

Would you trade freedom for security? Is the Gov's #1 job to keep us safe?

No, our priorities should be, Freedom ONE, safety second.

Let's list the most important things that our country should be.

Freedom One.

So every time the media says the name of our blimp, they will be spreading a double subliminal message.

Freedom Won ( acceptance that freedom will win!)

and, our top national priority?

Freedom One.

You could pay a marketing firm thousands of dollars to come up with a name for the blimp, and my guess is they wouldn't hesitate a second to sign off on "Freedom One" as what they come up with.

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 02:44 PM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/images/RP3_header.jpg

promagma
12-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Great

kylejack
12-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Nice, but does Liberty One have a slightly better ring to it?

bolidew
12-01-2007, 03:04 PM

We don't want too much Libertarian connection right now. :)

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 03:08 PM

Yes, however liberty rings, but freedom flys :)

Dutch
12-01-2007, 03:54 PM
You make a lot of sense. Freedom One is my choice!

Dutch

wecandoit
12-01-2007, 05:40 PM

Liberty One is not a bad choice. But the use of "Freedom" is better than "Liberty"

While Liberty may describe our movement just as good or even better than Freedom,
Freedom is more on the public concsious. The blimp should be named for as wide appeal as possible, not just appealing to ourselves. To many, Liberty is just a word printed on our coins, too many don't grasp the full meaning of the word. Not so with freedom.

What do they say our troops are fighting to protect? our freedom, why are they supposed to hate us? our freedom. Do we hear the "price of liberty"? no, we hear the "price of freedom" and "freedom ain't free" The idea of freedom is easier to grasp, by all people.

As I stated earlier on why Freedom One is the best choice. What is something that flies? above all other things, it is FREE. Does a bird have liberty? well sort of. A bird having freedom sounds a lot better.

just my two cents.

BeFranklin
12-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Liberty One is not a bad choice. But the use of "Freedom" is better than "Liberty"

While Liberty may describe our movement just as good or even better than Freedom,
Freedom is more on the public concsious. The blimp should be named for as wide appeal as possible, not just appealing to ourselves. To many, Liberty is just a word printed on our coins, too many don't grasp the full meaning of the word. Not so with freedom.

What do they say our troops are fighting to protect? our freedom, why are they supposed to hate us? our freedom. Do we hear the "price of liberty"? no, we hear the "price of freedom" and "freedom ain't free" The idea of freedom is easier to grasp, by all people.

As I stated earlier on why Freedom One is the best choice. What is something that flies? above all other things, it is FREE. Does a bird have liberty? well sort of. A bird having freedom sounds a lot better.

just my two cents.

Freedom rocks! :D

deehrler
12-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Superb!

alexpasch
12-02-2007, 03:58 PM
It should be on the blimp...Freedom One

BeFranklin
12-02-2007, 05:36 PM
FYI: The thought occurred to me. Although a lot of people don't like Air Force Ron, many people seem to- but, because they're trying to avoid a direct political reference and are making it a 'general political advertising company', they can't name it after one person anyway. Ie it needs to be one of the more general names - like - Freedom One :).

LiveFreeorDie
12-02-2007, 05:48 PM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/images/RP3_header.jpg

Freedom One is awesome!

jake
12-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I like it. Voted 5 stars.

Ilhaguru
12-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Freedom One or Liberty One. . .

BeFranklin
12-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Blimp! :)

wecandoit
12-06-2007, 06:28 PM
bump for consideration, haven't heard anything on the naming debate in a while.

wecandoit
12-06-2007, 06:32 PM
laying out my previous points one last time, then I won't bump this again.

I think that "Freedom One" has a 2nd subliminal message that was working on me when it occured to me that this was the perfect name.

Besides also sounding like freedom "won" as a pre-conditioning that Paul is the real winner. It also works as the priorities we have as a nation, or should have according to our message.

Would you trade freedom for security? Is the Gov's #1 job to keep us safe?

No, our priorities should be, Freedom ONE, safety second.

Let's list the most important things that our country should be.

Freedom One.

So every time the media says the name of our blimp, they will be spreading a double subliminal message.

Freedom Won ( acceptance that freedom will win!)

and, our top national priority?

Freedom One.

You could pay a marketing firm thousands of dollars to come up with a name for the blimp, and my guess is they wouldn't hesitate a second to sign off on "Freedom One" as what they come up with.

Think12345
12-06-2007, 06:33 PM
I liked liberty one, but Freedom One is indeed better.

texasliberty
12-06-2007, 06:34 PM
And I'm glad you brought it up again. Freedom One is by far the best name. Listen up, Blimp team!! :)

Chase
12-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Freedom One!!!!!!!!!! Freedom Won!!!!!!!!!!

wecandoit
12-06-2007, 06:38 PM
wow, thanks guys, I guess I need to get this to the blimp team.

slantedview
12-06-2007, 06:51 PM
I still totally LOVE this idea:

Freedom One. It's perfection.

wecandoit
12-06-2007, 07:12 PM
I know Elijah is extremely busy, but I felt this was important enough that I just PM'd him about it. We've had enough blimp debates as is, but like I said, I do think this is really important.

Lucid American
12-06-2007, 07:15 PM
I really liked Air Force Ron, but I think Freedom One is just as good, maybe better.

I'm for either.

runningdiz
12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Good idea wecandoit! Freedom One sounds great!! Air Force Ron sounds cool but sounds to military like and we are always using "bombs" and all that so lets go with a peacful message for once. Freedom!!

francisco
12-06-2007, 07:29 PM

I used to favor Air Force Ron, but after reading this post I really like the Freedom One=Freedom Won wordplay.

Now that the sponsorships are picking up, how about a new poll after this idea has had a little time to percolate?

Here's an promotional idea for the organizers: Start a defined period during which each new sponsor gets to vote on the name.

As I mentioned in another thread, if everyone who intends to donate on December 16th were to buy just a $10 Blimp ad, we would have a DONE DEAL right now. The MSM has already picked up the Blimp story and is connecting it with the TeaParty fundraising. Getting publicity for a successful blimp launch will give a jump start to Dec. 16th promotion to BRING IN NEW SUPPORTERS.

tremendoustie
12-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Freedom One gets my vote. Liberty is a great word as well, but I agree that freedom is more easily accessible to the general populace. Good ideas, let's do it.

francisco
12-06-2007, 07:33 PM
It should be on the blimp...Freedom One

yes, just as many airliners have individual names near the nose.

BeFranklin
12-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Good idea wecandoit! Freedom One sounds great!! Air Force Ron sounds cool but sounds to military like and we are always using "bombs" and all that so lets go with a peacful message for once. Freedom!!

Thats why I think Air Force Ron always polled high on the don't use list while everyone liked Freedom and Freedom One.
Credit for wecandoit for being able to articulate the idea so well and with positive energy :)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44848

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44407

alexpasch
12-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Freedom One is great...should be pretty easy to get that added to the blimp. :)

BeFranklin
12-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Freedom One is great...should be pretty easy to get that added to the blimp. :)

I'm getting excited just thinking about telling my friends the name :)
Don't think it has to be painted on the blimp to call it Freedom One.

But if someone comes out with the freedom comic book to give out at events,
we need it in there :D

Smiley Gladhands
12-06-2007, 08:40 PM
I previously voted for Air Force Ron, but I agree with your points. Change my vote to Freedom One.

OOOOOOoooo....I just thought of another subliminal message. Out of all candidates Ron Paul is the FREEDOM ONE.

It works on so many levels.

We can still use Air Force Ron in private as a nickname because it's fun....kind of like BLUMP.

BLUMP!

:)

robert4rp08
12-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Freedom One is great!

/signs the petition

slantedview
12-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Can we get some of the official blimp guys to weigh in on this?

Elijah?

francisco
12-06-2007, 09:02 PM
OOOOOOoooo....I just thought of another subliminal message. Out of all candidates Ron Paul is the FREEDOM ONE.

It works on so many levels.

We can still use Air Force Ron in private as a nickname because it's fun....kind of like BLUMP.

BLUMP!

This keeps on getting better

wecandoit
12-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Can we get some of the official blimp guys to weigh in on this?

Elijah?

I PM'd him about an hour ago with the idea and the reasoning, I'll just give him some time, I bet he stays really busy and is worn out.

francisco
12-06-2007, 09:17 PM
I PM'd him about an hour ago with the idea and the reasoning, I'll just give him some time, I bet he stays really busy and is worn out.

I hope the organizers consider the idea of giving a vote in a Blimp name poll for each $10 of new sponsorships as an incentive during a promotional period.

It is a way to give extra value to the customer at no cost to the enterprise, and could spur additional enthiusiasm and sponsorships. If there was a real-time poll ticker, some good-natured competition might come into play. (Although there seems to be so much popular acclaim for "Freedom One" it might not be a very big contest).

ItsTime
12-06-2007, 09:18 PM
I like freedom 1!

InRonWeTrust
12-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Freedom One is great!

Ronin
12-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Fly my 21.6 minutes as Freedom One!!

Edit: If there is a press release tommorrow, the name should be in it.

wecandoit
12-06-2007, 09:32 PM

nice, I like :)

JohnnyWrath
12-06-2007, 11:48 PM
freedom and liberty are both blimps already...."freedom one" I think is pretty good.

rbu
12-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Freedom One!

dsentell
12-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Love it! FREEDOM ONE!

zcopley
12-07-2007, 12:27 AM
"Freedom One" is prefect!!!

runningdiz
12-07-2007, 01:53 AM
I just read the freedoom one freed won thing! makes me love the idea more!! :p

DirtMcGirt
12-07-2007, 01:56 AM
Can we get a poll with a couple of choices...

robert4rp08
12-07-2007, 07:16 AM
Make this official!

troyd1
12-07-2007, 07:36 AM
I liked the US Constitution best out of the other choices, but I like Freedom One even better. I would vote for that. I liked Airforce Ron, but I think it is a little to pretentious and corney.

Delain
12-07-2007, 07:40 AM
I liked the US Constitution best out of the other choices, but I like Freedom One even better. I would vote for that. I liked Airforce Ron, but I think it is a little to pretentious and corney.

wait after you've seen this...

Bearforce1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQlpFrm5iM):o

wecandoit
12-07-2007, 07:41 AM
I've been hesitant to start a poll about it, because I wasn't sure which choices to include, and wasn't sure it would matter to the ones who would be making this decision anyway. I PM'd Elijah about it yesterday and have yet to hear back.

I'll start a poll about it if we can collect the top 6 names here.

Air Force Ron
Freedom
Freedom One
Liberty
Liberty One

what else?

Delain
12-07-2007, 07:45 AM
I've been hesitant to start a poll about it, because I wasn't sure which choices to include, and wasn't sure it would matter to the ones who would be making this decision anyway. I PM'd Elijah about it yesterday and have yet to hear back.

I'll start a poll about it if we can collect the top 6 names here.

Air Force Ron
Freedom
Freedom One
Liberty
Liberty One

what else?

Spirit of... I read somewhere else.

Spirit of Liberty
Spirit of Freedom
Spirit of Ron
etc.

I like Freedom/Liberty* One the most

*either

Bowie
12-07-2007, 08:40 AM
I've liked "Freedom" for its simplicity and pun-related potential since day one.

Mani
12-07-2007, 09:03 AM
Freedom One is fantastic.

BlueGecko
12-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Air force Ron ?

micahnelson
12-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Liberty Rising
Ron Paul One

troyd1
12-07-2007, 09:33 AM
It looks like most people like Freedom One. Just do a poll with Freedom One and Other. If Freedom One does not get over 50%, then you will need to do another poll. If it gets over 50%, no other option would matter anyway and I have a feeling it will get over 70%.

Freedom One until the election, Freedom Won after the election until the inauguration.

troyd1
12-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Poll?

troyd1
12-07-2007, 09:57 AM
I just thought of something. I had heard of an effort to get one one the west coast. If this goes viral and we have the money for a second, it could be Freedom two and after the election, Freedom too.

freelance
12-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Freedom One!!!!!!!!!! Freedom Won!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE it! Very clever.

EvilNight
12-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Freedom One is perfect. Absolutely perfect. It is just loaded to the hilt with all of the right memes.

kylejack
12-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Liberty Rising
Ron Paul One

Call it Liber Tea?

Liber Tea Is Rising!! ;)

jaybone
12-07-2007, 10:37 AM
simply the :
"Free Republic"

BeFranklin
12-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Awesome, everyone likes Freedom One, everyone is agreeing. This is great!!
Freedom One is just it!!!!! :)

slantedview
12-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Awesome, everyone likes Freedom One, everyone is agreeing. This is great!!
Freedom One is just it!!!!! :)
yep, Freedom One. Hopefully the blimp folks will agree and make it official. I can see the media headline:

Ron Paul's Freedom One spreads liberty and hope above Boston

BeFranklin
12-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Freedom One 'Won' the newest poll again.

AAjax
12-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I like "Spirit of 76"

:D

Edward
12-07-2007, 05:47 PM
I still like, "Stick THIS up your arse, Rudy!"

BeFranklin
12-07-2007, 08:53 PM

BeFranklin
12-08-2007, 01:50 PM
I just noticed its being called "mother ship 1" on the flight plan. Thats way off :mad:

slantedview
12-08-2007, 01:51 PM
I just noticed its being called "mother ship 1" on the flight plan. Thats way off :mad:

i am thinking/hoping that is tentative. that's not a very inspiring name. the media would eat up something like "Freedom One".

Ronin
12-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Guys, we paid for it we name it. Period. We don't need the site to make it official. Just use our agreed upon name when talking about it. Freedom One seems to have won the vote, so be done with it.

I'm not trying to make it us against them. They are us, but just because the website calls it something doesn't mean we have to. ESPECIALLY if it's something stupid like mothership one. It's probably as simple as it's not on the priority list. Plus, I don't think they have time to be pulled into the debate. Let the poll speak for itsself and move on.

BeFranklin
12-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Guys, we paid for it we name it. Period. We don't need the site to make it official. Just use our agreed upon name when talking about it. Freedom One seems to have won the vote, so be done with it.

I'm not trying to make it us against them. They are us, but just because the website calls it something doesn't mean we have to. ESPECIALLY if it's something stupid like mothership one. It's probably as simple as it's not on the priority list. Plus, I don't think they have time to be pulled into the debate. Let the poll speak for itsself and move on.

Mothership one. Should we poll it? :cool:

torchbearer
12-08-2007, 04:10 PM
air force ron.

BeFranklin
12-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Go Freedom Won, I mean One!! (And not mother ship one :()

austin4paul
12-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Yes. Freedom One. We'll call it freebie for short, in spite of the irony, considering how much this baby is costing!

Hurricane Bruiser
12-08-2007, 06:04 PM
I'll second "FREEDOM ONE" Great name!

xexkxex
12-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Even if we like it or not....

It will be called "The Ron Paul Blimp"

That is what it has been called, what the website is, and what it actually is.

A poll on this website will not change what people already call it and will continue to call it.

...yet we all already knew this...given that it have been discussed to death....

It's what ever. :)

CableNewsJunkie
12-08-2007, 06:14 PM
I like "Freedom One" (Won)

If we get enough funds to support a second blimp, I think we should call it....

"Liberty One" (Won)

Ronin
12-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Even if we like it or not....

It will be called "The Ron Paul Blimp"

That is what it has been called, what the website is, and what it actually is.

Just like The Space Shuttle....Atlantis ;)

What if someone on the street were to ask you...Does it have a name? The correct response would be "The Ron Paul Blimp"??

Sorry dude I'm gonna have to disagree. It should have a name. Whether the MSM adopts it or not isn't important.

kill the banks
12-08-2007, 06:23 PM
I like "Freedom One" (Won)

If we get enough funds to support a second blimp, I think we should call it....

"Liberty One" (Won)

i like liberty one plus it promotes the liberty company and seems professional in a business model sense ~ something important if there is any problem in legality of the business as a political advertising agency

kill the banks

Troyhand
12-08-2007, 06:59 PM
How about "Margaret?"

That was Ron Paul's mother's name.

It'd be a little tip of the hat to the woman who gave us such a great American.

xexkxex
12-08-2007, 07:05 PM
How about "Margaret?"

That was Ron Paul's mother's name.

It'd be a little tip of the hat to the woman who gave us such a great American.

Insulting her by accsociating her with a blimp is not.....ohhhh 11 posts.....you fail.

Just like The Space Shuttle....Atlantis ;)

What if someone on the street were to ask you...Does it have a name? The correct response would be "The Ron Paul Blimp"??

Sorry dude I'm gonna have to disagree. It should have a name. Whether the MSM adopts it or not isn't important.

lol ;) ok

Go read the many many threads about this and catch up...it's a waste of time.

No one will agree, us naming it is not official, it will be called that in all blogs, webs site, you tube video....ect.

Space shuttle does not = a blimp....

...and if some one comes up to me and asks me what the name of a blimp is when it has Ron Paul plastered across both sides....I'm going to slap the stupid out of them.

If some one the is involved with the blimp and the company feels that an official name needs to be made...I'm game.

Make a poll for that and I'll vote...otherwise, it seems that several hundred posts multiple threads on this is a waste of time.

I'm going to go to a meet up...I suggest everyone else do the same. :)

BeFranklin
12-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Bump for reasons why liberty isn't as easy to work into slogans and things as freedom, discussed in depth at the beginning of thread.

Let Freedom Fly.

BeFranklin
12-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Bump for discussion thread.