PDA

View Full Version : TX-Remember Candy, the dog, shot by cop? Cop fired, local police swamped with irate calls.

Anti Federalist
04-25-2014, 12:18 PM
Deputy fired after he shoots North Texas family's farm dog

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Deputy-fired-after-he-shoots-North-Texas-familys-farm-dog-256689431.html

RAINS COUNTY, Texas -- On an 85-acre family farm in Point, Texas, she was a fixture.

"If cows were out here, I'd say 'Candy! Go this way to the right!'" said Cole Middleton, as he whistled, "and she'd go gather them to the right. She'd look back at me the whole time like, 'Daddy, what do I need to do?' I could whistle and tell her, 'Go to the left, you forgot one.' And she'd go all the way back."

Candy was Middleton's 2-year-old blue heeler. Friday afternoon, she was in the back of Middleton's truck as it sat in his driveway. Middleton was working in the pasture.

He had called the Rains County Sheriff's Department hours earlier to report a break in. Someone got in his home and stole guns, electronics, and his wife's jewelry.

Rains County Deputy Jerrod Dooley got to the Middletons a few hours after the call came in.

His in-car camera was rolling as he pulled down the long driveway, parking right behind Middleton's truck.

Candy is seen and heard barking, then jumping out of the truck and out of the camera's view, so what happened next is not on video.

Deputy Dooley said while Candy didn't bite him, she charged at him. And he shot her. A vet said the dog was hit in the back of her head.

The video from that dash camera shows Dooley breaking the news to Middleton.

"Partner, you're about to be upset, but your dog charged me and I had to shoot it," he said.

"My God, no! No! No! No!" Middleton screams.

"Calm down! calm down!" Dooley tells him.

The dog's owner collapsed in a heap over Candy as she was whimpering and trying to stay alive. Middleton said she would never have survived.

"The bullet went in the back of her head and came out near her eye," he said.

She was suffering. So, to put her out of her misery, Middleton held her head in a bucket of water.

"I did the unimaginable, but it had to be done so she could go home," he said.

Dooley went to his car and called for backup.

"Get me some help out here, now," Dooley said on his police radio.

When officers arrived, Middleton got out his cell phone and began recording, and an officer mugged for the camera.

"Hi mom!" the officer said, waving at the camera. "Hi Channel 8! Hi YouTube!"

Middleton was outraged.

"Just unbelievable. The waving and the taunting," he said.

He put the video and Candy's story online in a facebook page called "Justice for Candy Middleton" and now the Rains County Sheriff's Office is inundated with complaints.

"Over and over, and hundreds and hundreds of calls and you pick it up, and it's immediate cussing and vulgar," said Sheriff David Traylor.

Thursday he fired Jerrod Dooley, who told the sheriff he was bitten by a dog on a prior job a few years earlier.

"By no means am I saying he's guilty of anything at this time, other than poor judgment," Traylor said. He said his department will conduct a full investigation, and if criminal charges are warranted against Dooley, he'll suggest them.

"His career is ruined in this community. And there's been threats toward him, threats toward this department," Traylor said. "I think my officers would be in danger if he was still out there."

Middleton said the threats should stop.

"You will never see that from me or my family. Obviously, I can't control the masses, but we do not condone that type of behavior," he said.

(Sorry Mr. Middleton, but you as wrong as can be. It is only because of those complaints, bitching and yes, threats, that the cop that did this, got fired. Otherwise, he'd go right on being a cop, and kill someone else's dog after a while. Or maybe kill someone else. Of course, there is always the possibility that he was "pressured" to say this. - AF)

He said Dooley's firing brings some relief, but little comfort.

"This cost me my best friend -- a child," he said.

SeanTX
04-25-2014, 12:27 PM
"'Get me some help out here, now," Dooley said on his police radio.'"

It sounds like he was terrified that the owner was going to do something to him. You'd think these fools would realize that the possibility of that happening is far more likely going to result in serious harm to them than maybe getting nipped at by a little dog .

Of course though, it isn't about "officer safety", that's just an excuse that appeals to cowardly mundanes -- it's all about "control" -- and that cop felt things going out of control, so had to call in some fellow gang members for back up.

Edit to add, I think the owner did do the groveling thing partly out of fear, though it may have more to do with conditioning. I'm sure though he realizes that he is on their *hit list now, and doesn't want anymore trouble from them.

Anti Federalist
04-26-2014, 05:23 PM
moar merge

RJB
04-26-2014, 05:53 PM
"His career is ruined in this community. And there's been threats toward him, threats toward this department," Traylor said. "I think my officers would be in danger if he was still out there.".
Within a month he will be an cop in the county next door. Keep an eye open and call his next employer.

Henry Rogue
04-26-2014, 06:56 PM
When officers arrived, Middleton got out his cell phone and began recording, and an officer mugged for the camera.

"Hi mom!" the officer said, waving at the camera. "Hi Channel 8! Hi YouTube!" Low life piece of garbage.

(Sorry Mr. Middleton, but you as wrong as can be. It is only**of those complaints, bitching and yes, threats, that the cop that did this,**fired. Otherwise, he'd go right on being a cop, and kill someone else's dog after a while. Or maybe kill someone else. Of course, there is always the possibility that he was "pressured" to say this. - AF)The only reason, he should be thanking those callers.

SeanTX
04-26-2014, 07:05 PM
Low life piece of garbage.

That was one Trooper Hayes, of the Texas DPS (state trooper). Those are the same bunch of "professionals" who used to enjoy fingering lady motorists on the side of the road, under the guise of searching for drugs. Now they provide emergency backup for dog shooting deppidys , and get their jollies adding to the dog owner's trauma.

I just read that the Texas Rangers are investigating this whole thing -- crap. With their track record in recent years, that means the deputy will be cleared by them and then the sheriff will be bullied into rehiring the dope.

http://www.myssnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=25423:texas-rangers-investigating-deputys-shooting-of-family-dog&catid=93:local-news&Itemid=376

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10157297_620047818080059_4945426051037935961_n.jpg

Henry Rogue
04-26-2014, 07:28 PM
The whole idea of an investigation is a big joke. Rule of Law is Rule of Chaos when one group is exempt, privileged and protected.

tod evans
04-26-2014, 07:31 PM
The whole idea of an investigation is a big joke. Rule of Law is Rule of Chaos when one group is exempt, privileged and protected.

"Just-Us"

Hoo-Rah.

Henry Rogue
04-26-2014, 07:43 PM
"Just-Us"

Hoo-Rah.
The people in the system know it, they love it and they resent anyone who questions their privileged, protected status.

tod evans
04-26-2014, 07:50 PM
The people in the system know it, they love it and they resent anyone who questions their privileged, protected status.

Questioning does just as much good as strongly worded letters or asking the police to police the police....

Henry Rogue
04-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Questioning does just as much good as strongly worded letters or asking the police to police the police....

Doesn't seem like its doing any good. I don't know what else I can do.

Christopher A. Brown
04-26-2014, 11:58 PM
the possibility of that happening is far more likely going to result in serious harm to them than maybe getting nipped at by a little dog .

Yes, and some training after getting bitten earlier, like being told to fire 2 rounds rapidly into the ground a couple of feet in front of a charging dog BEFORE shooting it will have an amazing effect on a smart dog making it so there is no need to shoot it.

And yes, cow dogs nip.

Conditioning cops without training them. Ugh, stoopid.

Anti Federalist
04-27-2014, 12:18 AM

They are trained, quite well actually.

They are trained in the Circular Force Continuum where the cop is at the center, his safety is in circle around that, and any tools of force are in the circle around that and that he may legally choose any one those he pleases to enforce his will.

All that needs to be said is "I feared for my safety".

So, couple that training with the general attitude of superiority that cops have towards us Mundanes, (We in are "sectors" that are "battlegrounds" and we are "hostiles" to be "neutralized" so that the cop can home go home safe at night to his family. The fact that the people he destroyed during the course of a day also had families that they will never go home to, never enters into the equation.) military tactics and overall aggressiveness and it is no wonder why these things happen.

I'm frankly amazed they don't happen more often, which is more a measure of what quivering jellyfish we have become, rather than the 'roided up cops, hut hutting about.

Anti Federalist
04-27-2014, 12:18 AM

They are trained, quite well actually.

They are trained in the Circular Force Continuum where the cop is at the center, his safety is in circle around that, and any tools of force are in the circle around that and that he may legally choose any one those he pleases to enforce his will.

All that needs to be said is "I feared for my safety".

So, couple that training with the general attitude of superiority that cops have towards us Mundanes, (We in are "sectors" that are "battlegrounds" and we are "hostiles" to be "neutralized" so that the cop can home go home safe at night to his family. The fact that the people he destroyed during the course of a day also had families that they will never go home to, never enters into the equation.) military tactics and overall aggressiveness and it is no wonder why these things happen.

I'm frankly amazed they don't happen more often, which is more a measure of what quivering jellyfish we have become, rather than the 'roided up cops, hut hutting about.

GunnyFreedom
04-27-2014, 01:38 AM
Pushback is inevitable, and the powers that be are egging it on.

cindy25
04-27-2014, 05:48 AM
fired? what about a good Texas jail cell? (I am against the death penalty, even for pond slime)

tod evans
04-27-2014, 06:04 AM
Pushback is inevitable, and the powers that be are egging it on.

Of course "they" are, and on many fronts.

Those who will stand against assault by government agents must first be cataloged, then disarmed and eventually deprogrammed or imprisoned..

Those smart enough or just plain wiley enough to avoid them will eventually be killed for their temerity...

DamianTV
04-27-2014, 05:47 PM

I think it has more to do with who asks the questions over the questions themselves. When those who ask the questions have the power to hold the questioned accountable, the questions do mean something. Again, fox watching the henhouse and Unaccountable Authority. The power of the public is completely ignored.

phill4paul
04-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Posted this in the other thread but feel it should be seen here too......

Cop cries crocodile tears. Says he can't go to grocery store without being pointed out and laughed at. Good.

Video.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=352345&playlistId=1.1793846&binId=1.810401&playlistPageNum=1

EBounding
04-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Posted this in the other thread but feel it should be seen here too......

This guy is something else. He never apologizes or regrets what he did, just that he got caught and is being ostracized. I'm so glad he made it home safely.

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1514972_1414995508765568_6716093104964537025_n.jpg

EBounding
05-10-2014, 12:51 PM
EDIT: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?451589-TX-Remember-Candy-the-dog-shot-by-deputy-Deputy-indicted-by-the-grand-jury&highlight=dooley

Some more good news. The creep is being indicted for animal cruelty:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Rains-County-deputy-indicted-on-animal-cruelty-after-shooting-of-dog-258648881.html

RAINS COUNTY — A grand jury has indicted a former Rains County deputy on an animal cruelty charge over the controversial shooting of a family’s dog last month.
Jerrod Dooley, 32, has been charged with a state jail felony, punishable by up to two years behind bars. Dooley was fired last month within days of the shooting that sparked a national furor after the dog’s owner went public with his story.