PDA

View Full Version : Putin’s Secret Weapon – How Russia Could Take Down America Without Firing a Single Shot

nbruno322
04-24-2014, 02:07 PM
Putin’s Secret Weapon – How Russia Could Take Down America Without Firing a Single Shot (http://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/putins-secret-weapon-how-russia-could-take-down-america-without-firing-a-si)

Here’s a startling fact most investors have never heard: During the last financial meltdown in 2008, when the U.S. economy was on the brink, Russian leaders met with China to persuade them to dump the dollar – and destroy the world’s reserve currency.

More here. (http://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/putins-secret-weapon-how-russia-could-take-down-america-without-firing-a-si)

Uriah
04-24-2014, 02:46 PM
The dollar will collapse at some point in the near future. China's economy is tied to ours at the moment so I don't see them leaving the dollar immediately. I'd say within a couple of decades we will see the emergence of an alternative to the dollar as the world's reserve currency and then the dollar will be worthless. China will have to untie their economy from ours though. They will need to find new markets for their goods. I would look to Africa for clues. If Somalia, and Africa in general, could ever stabilize we could see very strong trading between east Africa and southeast Asia within a generation.

twomp
04-24-2014, 02:58 PM
The dollar will collapse at some point in the near future. China's economy is tied to ours at the moment so I don't see them leaving the dollar immediately. I'd say within a couple of decades we will see the emergence of an alternative to the dollar as the world's reserve currency and then the dollar will be worthless. China will have to untie their economy from ours though. They will need to find new markets for their goods. I would look to Africa for clues. If Somalia, and Africa in general, could ever stabilize we could see very strong trading between east Africa and southeast Asia within a generation.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1796610_512607965522632_1703724303_n.jpg

Uriah
04-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Bitcoin, yeah. It is showing signs of strength. I'm not sure it could gain status as a reserve currency quite yet. I'd like to be proven wrong.

muh_roads
04-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Bitcoin, yeah. It is showing signs of strength. I'm not sure it could gain status as a reserve currency quite yet. I'd like to be proven wrong.

Best way to bring about change is to use it yourself. You can buy almost anything with it now. Using the US Dollar keeps empowering the US Gov't.

gwax23
04-24-2014, 06:04 PM

Couple of decades? I barely see us making it through this decade let alone several.

jkr
04-24-2014, 06:59 PM
*ahem*

What iz de BITCOINZZ?

Vanguard101
04-24-2014, 08:49 PM
Putin is a real OG

thoughtomator
04-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Bitcoin prominence will remain a fantasy. The world will go to commodity backed currencies, as commodities have real world value and digital currency algorithms don't.

FindLiberty
04-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Russia Could Take Down America Without Firing a Single Shot

Kaspersky

Uriah
04-24-2014, 09:28 PM
Couple of decades? I barely see us making it through this decade let alone several.

The father of a good friend of mine has been saying this since the early 70's. He has been predicting the collapse every year for the last 40 some years. They keep making it work because there is nothing else to replace it yet. If China and or Russia set up a reserve currency either by default or economic force then the dollar will collapse and with it the American economy. But not before then. The world is too interconnected these days for the global standard to fail completely. Something needs to take it's stead.

twomp
04-25-2014, 12:26 AM
Bitcoin prominence will remain a fantasy. The world will go to commodity backed currencies, as commodities have real world value and digital currency algorithms don't.

And who would determine this "real world value?" Diamonds are rare so they cost a lot. Water is abundant so it's cheaper but in a natural disaster where there is a severe water shortage, people will trade their diamonds for water. You see, value isn't intrinsic, it's subjective. It's worth what people are willing to give for it. What does it matter how rare something is if no one wants it?

Bitcoin will work as a currency if people want it to. Rocks can be used as a currency if people are willing to accept it as payment for their goods. IF you haven't noticed, more and more people are starting to accept Bitcoin in exchange for their goods. A trend that is not likely to change as the years go on. Hell, you can buy gold and silver with Bitcoin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwNLRNpVbN8

AlexAmore
04-25-2014, 01:16 AM

Is anonymity a commodity?
Are instant and cheap/free transactions a commodity?
Is a decentralized currency a commodity?
Is a Customs proof currency a commodity?
Is an inflation proof currency a commodity?

The answer is yes. By definition, all of these things are commodities. Bitcoin and Crypto-currencies are commodity based.

Sure, gold has been used since ancient civilizations were around. Should we really base our economic acumen on ancient civilizations? Should we start sacrificing babies and lambs too?

belian78
04-25-2014, 05:50 AM
If Russia/China ultimately move to dump the USD, which I really do see them doing much much sooner than later, how many people in the US are still going to have internet access? If you cannot access your 'currency' without logging onto an internet ready device, how many folks in the US are going to be using it? Bitcoin is not a savior, at most I'd say it's an eye opening example that competing currencies aren't as crazy as TPTB would have us believe.

Uriah
04-25-2014, 09:08 AM
And who would determine this "real world value?" Diamonds are rare so they cost a lot. Water is abundant so it's cheaper but in a natural disaster where there is a severe water shortage, people will trade their diamonds for water. You see, value isn't intrinsic, it's subjective. It's worth what people are willing to give for it. What does it matter how rare something is if no one wants it?

Bitcoin will work as a currency if people want it to. Rocks can be used as a currency if people are willing to accept it as payment for their goods. IF you haven't noticed, more and more people are starting to accept Bitcoin in exchange for their goods. A trend that is not likely to change as the years go on. Hell, you can buy gold and silver with Bitcoin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwNLRNpVbN8

Diamonds are expensive not so much because they are rare, rather they are expensive because the largest producer has a monopoly control of the supply and has created a demand and set their own price. If they released more diamonds on the market which they have in storage then the price would drop. They are controlling the supply to keep it that way. Monopolies suck. For consumers.