PDA

View Full Version : 8-Year-Old Disabled Boy Charged With Two Felonies

Suzanimal
04-24-2014, 04:52 AM
I'm surprised they didn't taz the poor kid.

ALLEGAN , Mich., April 22 (UPI) -- An 8-year-old Michigan boy with disabilities has been charged with two felonies following an incident where he allegedly assaulted an officer and damaged a police vehicle.
Police were called after Edward Hart ran away from the Hillside Learning and Behavior Center in Allegan and school officials were unable to bring him back.
“He’s ran away from the school before,” Hart’s stepfather, Robert Bluhm, told Fox 17. “And he’s made it to M- 40 before. But he’s never made it as far as he did this time.”
When Hart was apprehended, he “cursed at and assaulted the officer” and then “broke the police camera in the back of the car.”
“I don’t even think he did anything wrong in this case,” Bluhm said. “He’s special need[s]. He has anger issues. They know this. And they’re going to throw him in the back of a cop car all by himself.”
Hart has been charged with malicious destruction of police property and resisting and obstructing.
“If they had him under control, why didn’t they ride with him in the back of this cop car so this incident would have never took place?” Bluhm said. “When I called the school to ask questions -- why nobody rode with the minor child to the school instead of just throwing him in the back of a cop car -- they had no answers for me. They couldn’t answer that question.”
The Allegan City police chief said the department wants $50 to fix the broken camera. After he undergoes counseling, the court will decide if the charges against Hart will proceed.(assholes):rolleyes:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/23/8-year-old-disabled-boy-charged-with-two-felonies-in-Michigan

Origanalist
04-24-2014, 04:56 AM
Throw the little terrorist in prison!

Origanalist
04-24-2014, 04:56 AM
Were any officers hurt? :eek:

Suzanimal
04-24-2014, 05:13 AM
Were any officers hurt? :eek:

No, thank God but it must have been traumatic for him.

tod evans
04-24-2014, 05:39 AM
This is where rope comes in handy...

Not for the child but for the DA that filed charges...:mad:

asurfaholic
04-24-2014, 06:36 AM
Pussies...

The whole lot of them.

fisharmor
04-24-2014, 06:41 AM
The Allegan City police chief said the department wants $50 to fix the broken camera.

Fake article.
That broken camera was their meal ticket for all sorts of beating people up.
No way they want to actually fix it.

Terry1
04-24-2014, 08:05 AM
Ah jeez--this officer said this eight year old "assaulted" him--LOL What did the kid do, kick him in the knee? I'd say this officer needs to under-go a mental evaluation himself.

This reminds me of that case where a female teacher filed a claim of sexual harassment against a five year old. There's just some people that shouldn't be working in the fields they are because they're not mentally mature enough to deal with unruly children.

Terry1
04-24-2014, 08:25 AM
I work with disabled people daily, both mentally and physically handicapped. I have two that live with me that I take care of also. I send them to their adult day health programs during the day because it allows them to interact amongst their peers and helps them to learn many different activities. I have received calls from the staff there telling me that one of my peeps was out of line by making a comment to one of the staff. Evidently, one of the staff members attempting to offer my mentally disabled person a cup of coffee instead of her normal morning cup of tea. So she replied to the staff member and said in an angry tone that she "didn't take coffee, only tea." The head of staff called me to complain about her behavior and I was shocked, because they're supposed to know how to redirect inappropriate behavior being trained in this field. Instead, she wanted me to punish her by calling me to complain about her behavior.

I quickly informed her that not only is she supposed to understand how to deal with these mentally handicapped people and redirect them when this happens, but that this was also a very isolated incident because my person did not act out like this normally, nor was she violent or out of control, so this calling me to whine about her behavior wasn't justified in the least bit. I told them that they're supposed to act like professionals understanding the kind of people they're dealing with and how to redirect them if they become upset about something. This disabled lady I take care of is very sweet and is a little social butterfly who loves everyone. She was simply annoyed that they didn't remember that she doesn't drink coffee--only tea--LOL How ridiculous it was for them to call me expecting me to punish her for something they could have easily dealt with themselves being the supposed professionals they claim to be. Needless to say--I haven't received any more of these really silly phone calls from them any more. :)

oyarde
04-24-2014, 09:01 AM
I guess I could give the Allegan city police chief his $50 if they drop all charges.