PDA

View Full Version : Progs Lament that A Portion of GOP Electorate Has Woken up to Legal Tyranny & Gone 'Rogue'

AuH20
04-21-2014, 11:07 AM
Gavels and scales don't mean much these days in lawless America. :D If the elites can carelessly flout the law whenever they desire, why should the average citizen comply with unjust laws crafted largely in smoke filled rooms?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/04/20/1291901/-Remember-when-the-GOP-was-the-patriotic-law-and-order-party

The good ol' days. Democrats were communist hippies and Republicans believed in patriotism, law and order. My how things have changed (or not).

We have a rancher refusing to pay grazing fees and calling in "militias" for help to prevent federal agents from doing their jobs. All because Cliven Bundy seems to have this very bizarre idea that, and I quote, "I don’t recognize [the] United States Government as even existing." If the United States government does not exist, then who in the hell's army did I serve in? Who sent me that tax refund earlier this year?

In Wisconsin (and other states) Republicans have brought up secession. Secession. Yes, the Wisconsin Republican party is voting on a plank in their platform that supports secession under extreme circumstances. Which I am pretty sure means that if there is a black or female president that is a Democrat the state can secede. I thought the whole secession thing was settled between the years of 1861 and 1865.

At one time the Republican Party, the conservatives of America, would have been shocked and appalled at this kind of behavior from any American citizen (at least to your face). They would have been screaming about patriotism and how wrong it is to fight the government or threaten to secede. During the George W. Bush presidency, it was unpatriotic to say anything that could be construed as unpatriotic. Just ask the Dixie Chicks what happens when you publicly criticize a sitting Republican president.

kahless
04-21-2014, 11:33 AM
..Yes, the Wisconsin Republican party is voting on a plank in their platform that supports secession under extreme circumstances. Which I am pretty sure means that if there is a black or female president that is a Democrat the state can secede. I thought the whole secession thing was settled between the years of 1861 and 1865.

Typical of the Dailykos to push their ideology by playing to emotion using baseless arguments like falsely playing race card no matter the issue.

Christopher A. Brown
04-21-2014, 11:35 AM
I don't recognize [the] United States Government as even existing." If the United States government does not exist, then who in the hell's army did I serve in? Who sent me that tax refund earlier this year?

Very interesting perspective, very comprehensive in its own curious sort of way.

Bundy is technically right, in the most comprehensive sense, and I'm glad you brought his sentiments to the forum in that regard.

The civil war was a covert takeover which secretly set aside the "Constitution for the united states of America" created in 1787, and took up the agenda of England as it adopted Roman conquest when secular kingship became the norm.

Accordingly all of the military actions taken since that time are at least unconstitutional because the military executing them is unconstitutional.

To prove this, one only has to perceive the military reaction to the ultimate lawful, peaceful defense of the 1787 constitution that has ever been produced. I add 1787 because that is what is in the conscious minds of soldiers that serve, but it is not what controls the military they are a part of, AND, they unconsciously know that. Just like they fear the command over them far more than they love the constitution they took an oath to defend.

If this is not true, you will engage a lengthy discussion here in public upon the merits of fact and law found in this draft of a legal filing any US military could file with their base commander and fully expect a lawful and constitutional reaction to, if their military is constitutional.

http://algoxy.com/ows/soldiersinquiry.html

It is based in the legal fact that only a constitutional civil government can create or maintain a lawful military authority.

FSP-Rebel
04-21-2014, 11:37 AM
Typical of the Dailykos to push their ideology by playing to emotion using baseless arguments like falsely playing race card no matter the issue.
All the while they lament the anti-intellectualism of the so-called right wingers. It's shocking how unintelligent many of these progressives truly are.

Anti Federalist
04-21-2014, 12:28 PM
At one time the Republican Party, the conservatives of America, would have been shocked and appalled at this kind of behavior from any American citizen (at least to your face). They would have been screaming about patriotism and how wrong it is to fight the government or threaten to secede. During the George W. Bush presidency, it was unpatriotic to say anything that could be construed as unpatriotic. Just ask the Dixie Chicks what happens when you publicly criticize a sitting Republican president.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

muh_roads
04-21-2014, 12:30 PM
And bombing innocent kids in Pakistan isn't legal tyranny? If DailyKos isn't fighting this injustice daily, then how can anything they say be viewed with respect?

Ronin Truth
04-21-2014, 12:39 PM
That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Or not <shrug>.

AuH20
04-21-2014, 12:42 PM
All the while they lament the anti-intellectualism of the so-called right wingers. It's shocking how unintelligent many of these progressives truly are.

I wouldn't say unintelligent, but rather obsessed with something that cannot exist in this world without great pain being inflicted on others.

Philhelm
04-21-2014, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't say unintelligent, but rather obsessed with something that cannot exist in this world without great pain being inflicted on others.

Okay then. Evil.

AuH20
04-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Okay then. Evil.

Really really selfish. Most of the altruism is bull by the way.

Occam's Banana
04-21-2014, 02:10 PM

:eek: Neo-confederate!!