PDA

View Full Version : Car dealer writes purposed legislation Re; weed

tod evans
04-21-2014, 09:16 AM
WTF is wrong with folks? :mad:

Proposed initiative in Montana seeks to ban all marijuana

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/21/proposed-initiative-in-montana-seeks-to-ban-all-marijuana/?intcmp=trending

HELENA, Mont. – A Billings car-dealership owner is proposing a ballot measure to completely ban marijuana in Montana.

Steve Zabawa's proposal would change state law to say any Schedule I drug in the federal Controlled Substances Act "may not be legally possessed, received, transferred, manufactured, cultivated, trafficked, transported or used in Montana."

The proposal says the aim is to eliminate the disparity between federal and state law in possessing and using marijuana.

Montana allows the use of marijuana for medical purposes. About 8,300 medical marijuana users are registered with the state.

Zabawa tells Lee Newspapers of Montana that if the federal government considers it an illegal drug, it should be illegal in Montana.

Federal authorities have not interfered in Washington state and Colorado, where voters legalized recreational use of the drug.

Dr.3D
04-21-2014, 09:43 AM
So it seems it's time to remove Marijuana from the schedule I category. It never should have been listed as schedule I in the first place.

Occam's Banana
04-21-2014, 05:17 PM
WTF is wrong with folks? :mad:

Montana? Sounds like Mr. Zabawa needs to move to D.C.

That way, he's less likely to throw his back out leaning so far over to kiss the Feds' asses ...

Thor
04-21-2014, 06:03 PM
So it seems it's time to remove Marijuana from the schedule I category. It never should have been listed as schedule I in the first place.

But special interest got it listed... Will they let it be removed?

I think a baby step would be to get CO and WA to remove it from their list of Schedule I substances first, then go for the Fed listing.

Anti Federalist
04-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Who wants to take bets that he is from "away".

I would have won, except he's not "away" from where I thought.

Just another Establishmentarian, who will kiss any amount of government ass needed, to keep it from fucking up his money making.

Steve Zabawa Explains the Art of the Deal

Steve Zabawa speaks with a College of Business studentSteve Zabawa, auto dealer and entrepreneur, explained the art of the deal to the Marketing and Entrepreneurship class on March 29th. Steve graduated with a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Nebraska at Omaha in 1979. During his university career he majored in corporate finance, marketing and sales management, and public relations. He was the President of Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity Delta Chi Chapter and the Director of the Student Programming Board at UNO. He spent his first six years in business developing, managing, and selling vacation timeshare resorts in Texas and Colorado. The next 25 years were spent in the car business, where Steve started at the bottom selling cars at Culiver Nissan/Infiniti in February 1987, and moved up the ladder through all front end dealership positions in Phoenix Arizona until becoming a General Motors Dealer in January 1994 at Rimrock Pontiac Cadillac GMC in Billings Montana. Beginning with 30 employees and one store, Steve and his partner John Soares built the business through quality intense selling techniques, effective and creative advertising, great customer service, technology, and awesome team building (300 employees in 2007). The business has experienced as much as $175 million in annual revenue and 5000 retail units. The partners currently own four dealerships at eight locations, including the new Mercedes-Benz AutoHaus Dealership and a new VW White Frame Store.

http://www.msubillings.edu/cob/EM_Articles/Zabawa.htm

Thor
04-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Sounds like Brother Zabawa has been at it for a while. This from 3 years ago:

https://montanafesto.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/rimrock-auto-groupmercedes-benz-owner-declares-mormon-jihad-on-medical-marijuana/

Rimrock Auto Group/Mercedes Benz Owner Declares Mormon Jihad on Medical Marijuana

The owner of Rimrock Auto Group and the new Mercedes Benz dealership in Billings, Steve Zabawa, has reportedly spent $20,000 to run anti-medical cannabis ads throughout next week. When he isn’t hiring inexpensive employees from the Alpha House or refusing to honor contractual obligations, Zabawa can typically be found in Helena testifying that his dealerships have been vandalized by medical marijuana addicts. Brother Zabawa, as he is affectionately known in his Mormon circles, believes that blessings stem from obedience. Apparently he believes we need to obey him.

Steve Zabawa has a handful of card- holding employees. The puritanical prohibitionist Mormon anti-medical marijuana activist apparently wants to revoke his general manager’s right to legally provide cannabis to his wife who is suffering from terminal bone cancer. Sounds like a great guy to me. I guess it isn’t any wonder that the dealership has been plagued by a string of lawsuits by customers, employees, and business contacts. The secret service has been investigating the dealership and rumors of mob connections and shady deals have circulated for as long as Zabawa, the obedient Mormon; has owned the dealership.

I would suggest that anyone who is concerned about the government overstepping its bounds by trampling on laws made by the state’s citizens should be donating to the MMGA. The industry needs to counter the propaganda.