PDA

View Full Version : RonPaulBlimp.com going live at Midnight EST!!!

Elijah
11-30-2007, 09:44 PM
We are going to begin accepting purchases of advertising time on RonPaulBlimp.com for the Ron Paul Blimp starting at Midnight EST!

Individuals who had pledged $5,000 and end up purchasing $5,000 or more will not receive a 3 or 5 day blimp ride but they will have the option of receiving (2) 1 hour tickets to ride the blimp or giving their tickets to a member of the mainstream media.

There will be a drawing for 20 half hour blimp rides. There will be no charge to enter. Everyone who makes a purchase will automatically be entered unless they choose not to be.

We will have a live counter to see how much money has been collected.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

More details will be coming. Pass the word!

Buy a timeshare of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour.
Fly the Ron Paul Blimp -- to the inauguration!
http://www.RonPaulBlimp.com

cien750hp
11-30-2007, 09:47 PM
is ron paul going to be on the blimp? like come into boston on it for the tea party? and it says "advertising time" why not "donations"? is it a legal thing? thanks for getting this all together elijah.

pickfair
11-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Hooray! I've got my money ready to go.

annyab
11-30-2007, 09:59 PM
I am ready to donate!!

Exponent
11-30-2007, 10:03 PM
is ron paul going to be on the blimp? like come into boston on it for the tea party? and it says "advertising time" why not "donations"? is it a legal thing? thanks for getting this all together elijah.
Sounds like legal issues. For example, the drawing for the free tickets includes a "no purchase necessary" clause, just like all the contests on cereal boxes and so forth. If it weren't for that, it would fall under regulation concerning gambling, and I imagine that's a nightmare.

yoshimaroka
11-30-2007, 10:09 PM
You have to get media and news stations access to ride the blimp!

* get free publicity before hand via radio station contests for blimp rides.

* get free publicity afterwards by inviting the media for rides

* get goodwill by offering rides to GOP committee chairmen

Naraku
11-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Hooray for legal loopholes!

ProBlue33
11-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Get Wolf Blizter on there, "Amazing , Amazing" again.

Better yet invite all the GOP candidates, and say this is the first presidential blimp, want a ride, and make history, lol. Imagine the media circus that would generate.

jorger
11-30-2007, 10:37 PM
for media attention, invite all Presidential Candidates on the Blimp.
Republicans and Democrats.

This will be the Presidential Blimp.

The Ron Paul Presidential Blimp!

1913_to_2008
11-30-2007, 10:44 PM
I can't wait to see how this goes!:D

RockHoward
11-30-2007, 11:02 PM
OK. Let 'er rip! Bon Voyage! Have a nice trip!

pickfair
11-30-2007, 11:02 PM
I don't see any change on the site yet..

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 11:06 PM
same here.

Ethek
11-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Is it live? Im ready to chipin

cien750hp
11-30-2007, 11:11 PM
its up

Bacon
11-30-2007, 11:13 PM
It's now live!

slantedview
11-30-2007, 11:15 PM
tell everyone!

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 11:16 PM
It looks great Elijah, and the minutes to keep the blimp in the air is a great way to show people what they are really helping to purchase.... they can even keep track of their donated minutes... perhaps even have leveled membership in the Air Force Ron Club, to reward those who give the most.

slantedview
11-30-2007, 11:20 PM
FYI: After you make a purchase, google checkout holds your order for 15 minutes before charging. After that time, your purchase will show up on the RonPaulBlimp site in the official total.

ALSO:

RonPaulGraphs.com will be tracking donations as they come in

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/blimp_actual_total.html

bulloncoins
11-30-2007, 11:20 PM
Orders 1 - 1 of 1 orders
Date Order Status Amount
Nov 30, 2007 Liberty Political... - Timeshare of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour View Order In progress $25.00

:D

cdellin
11-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Note to the webmasters (Trevor, Elijah, Bacon, etc) ... the terms page references a contact page (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/contact.html) that does not yet exist.

slantedview
11-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Note to the webmasters (Trevor, Elijah, Bacon, etc) ... the terms page references a contact page (http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/contact.html) that does not yet exist.

Thanks. I'll at least put a spaceholder there for now...

bmcosti
11-30-2007, 11:38 PM
I am getting a message called sandbox behind the text when I try to donate. It says this is a system for merchants to test google checkout orders will not be processed. Let me know when it is o.k. to donate.

bmcosti
11-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Your order is in progress.
Nov 30
Order placed - Your order was placed with ron paul blimp test. A confirmation email was sent to you by Google.

Mckarnin
11-30-2007, 11:43 PM
It just worked for me! I am now the proud sponsor of 2 minutes of blimp time. :-)

bmcosti
11-30-2007, 11:46 PM
I think it was a smart idea to change from a blimp to a political advirtising site. Now Ron Paul can ride on the blimp, that will be a great photo op that was created by some very ingenious thinking. The switch from PAC to advirtising site will increase donations as well. Unlimited donations can occur now. Talk about big money going into the campaign. Brilliant work guys.

Maybe one day we will be fellow Congressman working with President Ron Paul to restore the Constitution, and working towards peace and freedom.

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 12:09 AM
I will dream of blimps tonight.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Your order is in progress.
Nov 30
Order placed - Your order was placed with ron paul blimp test. A confirmation email was sent to you by Google.

Not sure if you're still experiencing this problem? When you click the google checkout button, the URL should start with something like this:

https://checkout.google.com/...

what are you seeing?

RockHoward
12-01-2007, 12:18 AM
There are some misspelled words on the site. Please spell check.

Delain
12-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Wow! Great thing you've pulled of in such sort time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-5EFO8LQrw

slantedview
12-01-2007, 12:32 AM
We just broke $1000. First big (little) milestone :)

Peppy690
12-01-2007, 12:42 AM
still think his website address and the phone number should be on the side

slantedview
12-01-2007, 12:54 AM
still think his website address and the phone number should be on the side

it's going to get some more work tomorrow and in the coming days. for now we just wanted to get it up ASAP so we could get the sales coming in.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 01:06 AM
http://ronpaulgraphs.com/blimp_actual_total.html

:)

Indy Vidual
12-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Great idea.
Can they launch soon, without paying the entire amount in advance?
When do the rides start?

Kalash
12-01-2007, 01:28 AM
Just to be picky - you have the same picture twice in a row - the 2nd and 3rd ones.

The site looks nice though =D
Great job!

Man from La Mancha
12-01-2007, 01:46 AM
I just got my 2 minutes.

Hello Stephen A

Thanks for buying from Liberty Political Advertising using Google Checkout! Liberty Political Advertising will charge and ship your order soon.

Order Details - Nov 30, 2007 23:37 GMT-08:00

Not yet shipped 1 Timeshare of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour - 2 minutes $50.00

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

Man from La Mancha
12-01-2007, 01:47 AM
There are some misspelled words on the site. Please spell check.
If you know which words, please tell.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

Kalash
12-01-2007, 01:55 AM
Spell check -

Frequently Asked questions...
Frequently is spelled wrong.

The spell check doesn't like Bleachery either - but that's on you.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 01:58 AM
Spell check -

Frequently Asked questions...
Frequently is spelled wrong.

The spell check doesn't like Bleachery either - but that's on you.

thanks. fixed frequenty just for you :p

Kalash
12-01-2007, 02:00 AM
4. As a potential donor to this cause, I am concerned that if the blimp accidentally damages personal property, or causes loss of life or injury to a passanger or person on the ground, that I could be held partly liable for supporting this program? Ie. will I get sued?

Should be "passenger"

9. Who's idea was it in the first place?

Trevor Lyman orginally posted this idea, along with a picture, in mid-june on the Ron Paul Forums.

Should be "originally" and "mid-June"

Abobo
I just donated my $1,000 pledge. It should show up soon :D

Kalash
thanks. fixed frequenty just for you :p

Now you can go do the FAQ page :P

Energy
12-01-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm still unclear after reading the FAQ (I would imagine a first-time visitor would be a little lost).

What exactly are the minutes for? Advertising? If so, whose advertising? how?

I pledged to donate earlier toward the $350K, is this the time to donate?

Should there be a link to the blimp company for safety/liability questions too?

If you need help filling up the site with information, let us know what you need.

Indy Vidual
12-01-2007, 02:03 AM
4. As a potential donor to this cause, I am concerned that if the blimp accidentally damages personal property, or causes loss of life or injury to a passanger or person on the ground, that I could be held partly liable for supporting this program? Ie. will I get sued?...

They are renting from a professional company who would have to have liability insurance.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 02:08 AM
4. As a potential donor to this cause, I am concerned that if the blimp accidentally damages personal property, or causes loss of life or injury to a passanger or person on the ground, that I could be held partly liable for supporting this program? Ie. will I get sued?

Should be "passenger"

9. Who's idea was it in the first place?

Trevor Lyman orginally posted this idea, along with a picture, in mid-june on the Ron Paul Forums.

Should be "originally" and "mid-June"

the blimp company has full insurance coverage. it's included.

Kalash
12-01-2007, 02:09 AM
They are renting from a professional company who would have to have liability insurance.

Umm...

Yeah.
Basically.
That was for spell checking purposes - from the FAQ page...
In case you're trying to answer the question...

>_<

As for what you're buying - you are paying to personally/privately promote/advertise Ron Paul - via BLIMP!

So... You're supporting the most dirigiblest candidate EVER! ;)
Personally, privately, and not as part of a donation - to either the campaign or a greater cause.

It's your PRIVATE endeavor...
To pay the blimp marketing firm to promote the product you choose to market with your blimp advertising.

(In other words, you're donating to the Ron Paul Blimp cause through a legal loophole allowing it to be a private contract between you and the blimp company - so it isn't a donation (which maxes out at either $2,300 per quarter (official campaign) or $5,000 for a PAC.

If I'm wrong on that - let me know.
If I'm right - feel free to throw it up on the FAQ.
And as for spelling...
Delete Dirigiblest.
Dirigible is a noun.
Dirigiblest isn't a word. :rolleyes:

slantedview
12-01-2007, 02:13 AM
I'm still unclear after reading the FAQ (I would imagine a first-time visitor would be a little lost).

What exactly are the minutes for? Advertising? If so, whose advertising? how?

I pledged to donate earlier toward the $350K, is this the time to donate?

Should there be a link to the blimp company for safety/liability questions too?

If you need help filling up the site with information, let us know what you need.
There will be a mass e-mail to everyone who pledged sent out tomorrow (still working on the legal exactities...). Basically, you are purchasing advertising time from a newly created advertising company. This allows us, as individuals, to spend more money on the blimp than a PAC would allow. The blimp is the advertisement space.

We'll update the site soon with info or links to the blimp company.

As for when to donate, feel free to do so now or whenever you want. Our big money drive will be this weekend following the e-mail.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 02:19 AM

Yes, they take care of that.

Elijah
12-01-2007, 02:19 AM
Umm...

Yeah.
Basically.
That was for spell checking purposes - from the FAQ page...
In case you're trying to answer the question...

>_<

As for what you're buying - you are paying to personally/privately promote/advertise Ron Paul - via BLIMP!

So... You're supporting the most dirigiblest candidate EVER! ;)
Personally, privately, and not as part of a donation - to either the campaign or a greater cause.

To pay the blimp marketing firm to promote the product you choose to market with your blimp advertising.

(In other words, you're donating to the Ron Paul Blimp cause through a legal loophole allowing it to be a private contract between you and the blimp company - so it isn't a donation (which maxes out at either $2,300 per quarter (official campaign) or $5,000 for a PAC.

If I'm wrong on that - let me know.
If I'm right - feel free to throw it up on the FAQ.
And as for spelling...
Delete Dirigiblest.
Dirigible is a noun.
Dirigiblest isn't a word. :rolleyes:

These are independent expenditures.

Kalash
12-01-2007, 02:36 AM
So...

The FAQ page still has those spelling errors...
In the questions that you keep answering and not fixing >_<

Man from La Mancha
12-01-2007, 02:53 AM
I just donated my $1,000 pledge. It should show up soon :D
Wow, wish I could.:D

stefans
12-01-2007, 03:01 AM

if that's so, why is it only for US individuals?
why no foreigners, why no companies?

Kalash
12-01-2007, 03:05 AM

That was a statement question - notice at the bottom I said I wasn't sure...

That's a good question though.
If it's just buying private advertising, why does it matter?

I can see it being a problem if a lot of people donate as Osama Bin Laden from SomeCave, Afghanistan

But other than that....

RonPaulCult
12-01-2007, 04:06 AM
Ok I believe we will raise enough money for this project but I have to ask...

If we don't reach our money goal on this - what will be done with the money? I'm paying for a blimp and I expect to get what I paid for. If I don't will you give my money back?

Man from La Mancha
12-01-2007, 04:12 AM
Ok I believe we will raise enough money for this project but I have to ask...

If we don't reach our money goal on this - what will be done with the money? I'm paying for a blimp and I expect to get what I paid for. If I don't will you give my money back?
Good question that was not brought on the site except it said

TERMS OF PURCHASE

You are buying timeshare advertising from Liberty Political Advertising, a for-profit political advertising agency. You are not making a donation to any political candidate or committee.

Your purchase is not refundable

So where will the money go if not enough?

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1539/blackwsmalldv3.gif (teaparty07.com)ronpaulblimp.com...donate both

troyd1
12-01-2007, 06:11 AM
I think you need a comma after "As GPS coordinates stream to the website ".

voytechs
12-01-2007, 06:15 AM
You have to get media and news stations access to ride the blimp!

* get free publicity before hand via radio station contests for blimp rides.

* get free publicity afterwards by inviting the media for rides

* get goodwill by offering rides to GOP committee chairmen

That is an awesome idea. Radio contests, that will generate a lot of buzz and lots and lots of free advertising.

someguy200
12-01-2007, 06:24 AM

I too don't want to be stranded with no blimp and no billz. ;)

MRoCkEd
12-01-2007, 06:30 AM
well then help people donate so it does go in the air

and im sure elijah knows this, but email all the pledges and tell them its time

jt8025
12-01-2007, 06:36 AM
I'm in for $100

Order Details - Dec 1, 2007 07:35 GMT-05:00
Google Order #376697146118862

Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Not yet shipped 1Timeshare of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour - 4 minutes $100.00
Tax (GA) :$0.00
Total:$100.00

Storm3
12-01-2007, 07:32 AM

Sorry I keep bumping these questions up... but I got a credit card and $200 burning a hole in my pocket. And I can't spend it :(

RonPaulCult
12-01-2007, 08:26 AM
I think this thread (or one like it) should be in the main grassroots forum so everybody knows that we're up and running. And please get an e-mail out to the pledges!

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 08:51 AM
People really need to start getting out more... people camp in grassroots... if people didn't camp, this forum would be functional.

RonPaulCult
12-01-2007, 09:31 AM
People really need to start getting out more... people camp in grassroots... if people didn't camp, this forum would be functional.

Yeah I agree with you but major things should always go in the grassroots forum because that's where everybody checks every time they come to this site.

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Yeah I agree with you but major things should always go in the grassroots forum because that's where everybody checks every time they come to this site.

But where does that stop? Everyone thinks their thread is important.

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Ok, one small objection: If you are going to be a for-pay advertising company, you shouldn't be advertising "google" for free on one side of the blimp. For this type of publicity, google ought to put in all 350k.

And I'm serious. They have been wanting to position themselves as the election 2.0 company, see the youtube debates. Don't give this to them for free.

(FYI: Never got an email for new site)

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 10:18 AM
"Buy in seconds every time you shop.
Just look for the Google Checkout button on Liberty Political Advertising or Google Product Search."

Somewhat ironic I thought.

bolidew
12-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Ok, one small objection: If you are going to be a for-pay advertising company, you shouldn't be advertising "google" for free on one side of the blimp. For this type of publicity, google ought to put in all 350k.

I agree, it is better to just put "RonPaul2008.com" there.

BeFranklin
12-01-2007, 11:00 AM
I agree, it is better to just put "RonPaul2008.com" there.

Looks like a lot of people object to that from other boards too. Could almost call it the google blimp instead of Ron Paul blimp.

homah
12-01-2007, 11:18 AM
I can't imagine donating, given how sloppy the website looks. I'm sure I'm not alone, either. Fix the typos, expand the FAQ, etc.

Primbs
12-01-2007, 11:36 AM
They have done a remarkable job. I am sure they will fix the typos soon enough.

I just donated.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 11:42 AM
I can't imagine donating, given how sloppy the website looks. I'm sure I'm not alone, either. Fix the typos, expand the FAQ, etc.
Homah, we'll try to keep improving things over the next few days, but keep in mind that there are just a few people who were doing a ton of work setting all of this up (advertising company, legal counseling, payment processing, hosting, backend programming, frontend website), on a VERY short time frame.

We'll continue to improve things, but we'd definately encourage people to purchase blimp advertising based on the cause, not based on the look of the website :)

moberley
12-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Kudos to whomever was responsible for organizing this an a timeshare allowing for independent expenditures. A beautiful work of legal craft. Success here will set a precedent that might knock a bit of stuffing out of the FEC's incumbent protection regulations.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Kudos to whomever was responsible for organizing this an a timeshare allowing for independent expenditures. A beautiful work of legal craft. Success here will set a precedent that might knock a bit of stuffing out of the FEC's incumbent protection regulations.
Yes, this is forging new ground :)

GoSlash27
12-01-2007, 12:23 PM
You guys need a "BlimpCam" that self-updates so everybody will #1 know that it's real and #2 get all excited as they watch it getting decorated.
Please, please, please. :o Webcams are cheap.

moberley
12-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Just a couple of comments on the website. The images at the bottom seem a bit odd because a bunch of them appear to be the same or nearly so. And, while I expect the video was done by a separate person there is a somewhat glaring typo in it. (Tea Party is missing a letter.)

Otherwise, it looks pretty good although I would strongly recommend expanding the FAQ with some of the questions that are being asked. Just so that more people will feel comfortable with the whole deal. In particular: questions about the rides, long term plans (can the graphics change at any point), and questions about the company/principals.

Good work!

torchbearer
12-01-2007, 02:53 PM
//

Man from La Mancha
12-01-2007, 05:46 PM
//Why do I see a hundred posts like this with 2 slash marks // from you? Trying to just up your post numbers?:confused:

AgentSmith
12-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Hes bumping the thread above the bad ones :)

mollila
12-02-2007, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by stefans View Post

Sorry I keep bumping these questions up... but I got a credit card and $200 burning a hole in my pocket. And I can't spend it :(

The blimp site form does not let you go forward unless you check the I am a US citizen checkbox. I was able to buy advertising (as a foreigner) if I checked that box, but entered my real address in the order form.