PDA

View Full Version : Elderly Man Calls Ambulance For Wife Who Has Dementia -- Police Arrive First and Beat Him Up

SeanTX
04-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Admittedly this is from a "biased" source , but anymore I don't always doubt these things.

The article says "calling the cops should be your last option" when seeking medical aid -- unfortunately in many places the police routinely tag along on any medical or fire call (how can they be expected to pass up a perfect opportunity to arrest/tase/beat/kill somebody ?).

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/elderly-man-calls-ambulance-for-wife-with-dementia-cops-show-up-and-beat-him_042014

Elderly Man Calls Ambulance for Wife with Dementia, Cops Show Up and Beat Him

Melissa Melton
The Daily Sheeple
April 19th, 2014

It seems more and more these days that if you think a loved one is in danger in America, calling the cops should be your absolute last possible resort.

Missourian Elbert Breshears recently called for an ambulance because his elderly wife, who suffers dementia, had endured an episode and knocked a window out of their home.

According to ABC affiliate KSPR33 and unfortunately for Breshears, the cops showed up before the ambulance did:

“The wife and I were standing about here, that’s the window she knocked out. I was standing here holding her hand and she was wavering hollering help,” Breshears said.

When police got there,”police car drove up, he bailed out ran over and knocked me down. He told me to get up, I told him I couldn’t,” he explained.

That’s when Breshears says police got aggressive. “First thing, I know they grab me, threw me out there on the gravel. One of them sat down on my back, the other sat down on my head. They were trying to get handcuffs on me. I told them I can’t get my hands up. I have no objection to being handcuffed,” says Breshears.

By then paramedics arrived. Breshears says he and his wife were taken to the hospital. A doctor looked him over. “He dug out the gravel out of my head and sewed my head up,” he says.

Who are these cops? Who do they think they are? Who exactly do they think they’re serving and protecting??

It’s as if they are under the impression that their job on every call is just to show up at an address and either beat up or tase or shoot someone without actually ascertaining what’s even going on first.

snip

Anti Federalist
04-19-2014, 05:46 PM
From the original source:

Elderly man says police beat him

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/elderly-man-says-police-beat-him/21051620_25555390

HUMANSVILLE, Mo -

Elbert Breshears for an ambulance for his wife who suffers from dementia, but it was police who showed up first.

"The wife and I were standing about here, that's the window she knocked out. I was standing here holding her hand and she was wavering hollering help," Breshears said.

When police got there,"police car drove up, he bailed out ran over and knocked me down. He told me to get up, I told him I couldn't," he explained.

That's when Breshears says police got aggressive. "First thing, I know they grab me, threw me out there on the gravel. One of them sat down on my back, the other sat down on my head. They were trying to get handcuffs on me. I told them I can't get my hands up. I have no objection to being handcuffed," says Breshears.

By then paramedics arrived. Breshears says he and his wife were taken to the hospital. A doctor looked him over.

"He dug out the gravel out of my head and sewed my head up," he says.

Breshears says he first started having problems with police at the beginning of the year. What happened here, he says is unbelievable.

"I didn't know what to think. I ever had anybody jump on me for doing nothing," he says.

KSPR stopped by Humansville City Hall to try and speak to the mayor and police chief in person. They declined an interview. KSPR did speak with the police chief over the phone. He told us Breshears faces three charges: abuse of the elderly, resisting arrest and assault on a police officer.

"I don't hit my wife. I've lived with the woman for 47 years. I love the woman. I can't help what she does," says Breshears. A man who tried to help his wife, ended up getting hurt the most.

"All I was trying to do was my job and this is what I got for it," he says.

Breshears' wife is in the hands of professional care right now out of Humansville. He is working on getting her help a little closer to home here. He is also working on getting an attorney and plans to press charges.

Anti Federalist
04-19-2014, 05:49 PM
Not intentionally malevolent.

http://i.imgur.com/xIseq8q.jpg

RJB
04-19-2014, 06:00 PM
What gets me about these police abuse photos is that during my time on Earth, I've seen people take some abuse from my time in the Marines, as a firefighter and first responder, and just being a man seeing bar fights etc. I've also taken a bit as well (boxing etc.), but I never see people get as busted up as they do when they meet up with police.

Seriously, where does a man that old (in AF's video) get that bruised up other than when meeting the police.

kcchiefs6465
04-19-2014, 06:09 PM
What gets me about these police abuse photos is that during my time on Earth, I've seen people take some abuse from my time in the Marines, as a firefighter and first responder, and just being a man seeing bar fights etc. I've also taken a bit as well (boxing etc.), but I never see people get as busted up as they do when they meet up with police.

Seriously, where does a man that old (in AF's video) get that bruised up other than when meeting the police.
Not unlikely.

Hatch SP100 Defender II Gloves with Steel Shot

[...]

Spandex backs, ergo-cut design, double-layered goatskin palms, and hook and loop closures put the Defender II ahead of the pack. Each finger is foam padded for protection, while eight ounces of steel shot in each glove stops aggressors in their tracks.

hxxp://www.copsplus.com/prodnum4918.php

tod evans
04-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Did the brave officers make it home safely?

RJB
04-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Spandex backs, ergo-cut design, double-layered goatskin palms, and hook and loop closures put the Defender II ahead of the pack. Each finger is foam padded for protection, while eight ounces of steel shot in each glove stops aggressors in their tracks. .

That is F-ed up. Those gloves made me think of the Kelly Thomas beating where the cop was telling Thomas what was going to happen to him as he put on his latex gloves.

satchelmcqueen
04-19-2014, 10:37 PM
Not unlikely.
god damned pussies

phill4paul
04-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Not unlikely.

Indeed. But "brass knuckles" for you or I are a weapons charge.

phill4paul
04-19-2014, 10:59 PM
I've been to Misery. Whole lotta space for someone to disappear in.

DamianTV
04-21-2014, 05:32 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/21/elderly-man-calls-for-ambulance-violent-cops-beat-him-instead/

http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Elbert-Breshears.jpg

An elderly Missouri man dialed 911 and asked for an ambulance to come and help his ailing wife. Instead, the police showed up, threw him to the ground, sat on his head and handcuffed him.

He later received stitches for his injuries.

“I never had anybody jump on me for doing nothing,” said the man, Elbert Breshears of Humansville, Missouri, in a statement to KSPR 33.

The trouble began after Breshears called to get help for his wife, who suffers from dementia. He asked for paramedics to come provide assistance to her after she knocked out one of their home’s windows.

The Humansville police arrived first, however.

According to Breshears, an officer tackled him right away, and then barked at him to stand up.

“He told me to get up,” recalled Breshears. “I told him I couldn’t.”

Officers then threw him into a pile of gravel and sat on his back and head as they attempted to handcuff him. Breshears pleaded with the officers to get off him.

“I told them I can’t get my hands up to wear you can handcuff me, if you let me up you can handcuff me,” he said. “I got no objection to being handcuffed.”

A doctor had to sew up his head and remove gravel from his wounds.

Breshears said that he has had trouble with police in the past. A spokesperson for the police declined an interview with local reporters, but did say that the man is facing charges for abusing his wife, resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer.

(more on link)

With Cops like this, who needs Criminals?

Anti Federalist
04-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Beaten to the punch

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?450127-Elderly-Man-Calls-Ambulance-For-Wife-Who-Has-Dementia-Police-Arrive-First-and-Beat-Him-Up

kahless
04-21-2014, 05:51 PM
You know I really hope to see the day where the tide turns and we start to see threads in this forum where the savage beast cops that pull sick twisted stunts like this end up getting a thorough beating.

DamianTV
04-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Never Call Cops.

(second punch)

---

You know I really hope to see the day where the tide turns and we start to see threads in this forum where the savage beast cops that pull sick twisted stunts like this end up getting a thorough beating.

Chinese Citizens Beat Government Bureaucrats During Mass Riot (http://www.infowars.com/chinese-citizens-beat-government-bureaucrats-during-mass-riot/)

Wish granted. Where was this on American MSM News? Oh, it wasnt? All I found on MSM news is how good our economy is doing and recovering...

Dr.3D
04-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Would probably be safer to call the ambulance company directly when possible.

Seems to defeat the purpose of dialing 911 when the cops are listening in all the time.

Anti Federalist
04-21-2014, 06:02 PM
////

Dr.3D
04-21-2014, 06:44 PM
//