PDA

View Full Version : Butler, Bankers, War and More

Anti Federalist
04-19-2014, 02:50 PM
Nice little blog entry on Uncle Smedley.

Appropriate for Patriots Day, I think.

Butler, Bankers, War and More

https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/butler-bankers-war-and-more/#more-486342

Charles Burris

For LRC readers not familiar with Smedley Darlington Butler, I should point out that he was a Major General in the US Marine Corps, the highest rank at that time.

At the time of his death in 1940, he was the most decorated Marine in United States history, having received 16 medals, five for heroism, including two Congressional Medals of Honor.

In a speech delivered in 1933, Butler said of war and the men behind it:

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I spent thirty-three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country’s most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it.

Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914.

I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909–1912.

I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested. During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.”

Butler later expanded his perceptive observations in his book below:

War is a Racket, by Smedley Darlington Butler

Smedley Darlington Butler – Amazon book and DVD list

Smedley Darlington Butler was also the savior of our constitutional republic from a fascist plot by plutocratic militarists in the early 1930s. Watch this excellent History Channel documentary based on Jules Archer’s brilliant book, The Plot To Seize The White House, which details the Wall Street/American Legion attempted fascist coup d’état against President Franklin Delano Roosevelt heroically exposed by Butler.

Suzanimal
04-19-2014, 03:32 PM
I've read War is a Racket (excellent, btw) and knew about the coup attempt but I didn't know about the History Channel Documentary or The Plot To Seize The White House. I'm going to have to check those out, excellent, thanks.:)

Anti Federalist
04-19-2014, 03:38 PM
I've read War is a Racket (excellent, btw) and knew about the coup attempt but I didn't know about the History Channel Documentary or The Plot To Seize The White House. I'm going to have to check those out, excellent, thanks.:)

More than welcome.

Always like to brag on the family tree when I get a chance.

Suzanimal
04-19-2014, 03:42 PM
More than welcome.

Always like to brag on the family tree when I get a chance.

Are you related to Smedley Butler or Jules Archer?

Anti Federalist
04-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Are you related to Smedley Butler or Jules Archer?

Smedley Butler was my great-uncle. ;)

Suzanimal
04-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Smedley Butler was my great-uncle. ;)

Kewl:cool::)

Danke
04-19-2014, 07:10 PM
Kewl:cool::)

You have been here since 2012 and didn't know that?! He reminds us all every couple of days or so.

Anti Federalist
04-19-2014, 07:26 PM
You have been here since 2012 and didn't know that?! He reminds us all every couple of days or so.

Jealousy will get you nowhere.

You can marry into the family, though.

I have some single cousins I don't care much for.

Ender
04-19-2014, 07:34 PM

I've been here a while and didn't know that.

Danke
04-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Jealousy will get you nowhere.

You can marry into the family, though.

I have some single cousins I don't care much for.

I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster...

Ah, no thanks, wouldn't want to marry into a family with all that foreign adventures blood in its past.

Now if you know any gals related to John Wilkes Booth, I'd be interested.

Anti Federalist
04-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Ah, no thanks, wouldn't want to marry into a family with all that foreign adventures blood in its past.

Now if you know any gals related to John Wilkes Booth, I'd be interested.

Can't help you there, the family is all Yankee.

Wasn't there a RPF member that claimed to be direct relation to Booth?

Seems I recall that...

kcchiefs6465
04-19-2014, 08:13 PM
Can't help you there, the family is all Yankee.

Wasn't there a RPF member that claimed to be direct relation to Booth?

Seems I recall that...
Travlyr, I think.

[/sarcasm]

kcchiefs6465
04-19-2014, 08:18 PM
I actually finally sat down and read War is a Racket today. Excellent book that illustrates, among other things, just how many industries actually profit from war. Things you wouldn't necessarily think of.

There's a couple more essays of his (Common Sense Neutrality, and Amendment for Peace) included I've yet to read but will later.

And the pictures included in, "The Horror of It" puts mine or AF's recent pictures to appear mild. "Living Death", I think it was... which I'd encourage people not to search for. Some fucked up shit.

heavenlyboy34
04-19-2014, 08:19 PM
I heard Patriots Day is 9/11. :confused:

Anti Federalist
04-19-2014, 09:12 PM
I heard Patriots Day is 9/11. :confused:

Grrrrr....

heavenlyboy34
04-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Grrrrr....
Yup. :/ TPTB try to absorb all things good into Them and pervert those things...like the Borg assimilating other beings... :eek: :(

Occam's Banana
04-20-2014, 08:43 AM
I've been here a while and didn't know that.

I remember it being mentioned before - but not as often as "every couple of days or so."
And inspired by AF, I have taken to referring to Smedley Butler as "Uncle Smedley," too.
But just because Uncle Smedley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Uncle Sam.

And, after all, we're all brothers and sisters in liberty around here, aren't we?
So if Smedley Butler is AF's uncle, then why shouldn't he be our uncle as well?

mrsat_98
04-20-2014, 08:51 AM

http://www.wanttoknow.info/plottoseizethewhitehouse
full text

Anti Federalist
04-20-2014, 12:31 PM
I remember it being mentioned before - but not as often as "every couple of days or so."
And inspired by AF, I have taken to referring to Smedley Butler as "Uncle Smedley," too.
But just because Uncle Smedley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Uncle Sam.

And, after all, we're all brothers and sisters in liberty around here, aren't we?
So if Smedley Butler is AF's uncle, then why shouldn't he be our uncle as well?

That's just Danke rattling cages because he can't make that claim.

He was hatched, I'm pretty sure.

Welcome to the family brother.

phill4paul
04-20-2014, 12:52 PM
A plot to seize the White House? Lol. You that believe in conspiracies are destroying the liberty movement. /sarc.

Anti Federalist
04-20-2014, 01:02 PM
A plot to seize the White House? Lol. You that believe in conspiracies are destroying the liberty movement. /sarc.

http://i.imgur.com/Yr07xf0.gif

I wish that I had the shop skills...that image is great but it would be perfect if it wobbled back and forth with "Blah Blah Blah" popping up around it.

phill4paul
04-20-2014, 01:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Yr07xf0.gif

I wish that I had the shop skills...that image is great but it would be perfect if it wobbled back and forth with "Blah Blah Blah" popping up around it.

Lol, wish I had kept up with photoshop from way back in my graphic design days.

Or if someone could insert it into the appropriate spot, here............

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/ace-ventura-ass-talkin-o.gif?w=278&h=150&crop=1

Aratus
10-30-2018, 03:06 PM
Auld Lang Syne...