PDA

View Full Version : Cash For Gas!

ChairmanMao
11-30-2007, 09:14 PM
"The IOWA Ron Paul 2008 Walk for Ron Paul will be held the 1st, three Saturday's in December. Remember Ron must have IOWA and he needs our help.
The first walk will be to drop Ron Paul campaign information door to door in Des Moines. Thursday Dec. 1st from 9am to 3 pm. Buses will pick up voluntees at the Des Moines Ron Paul headquarters and take them to the nieghborhoods to pass out information.
The campaign will break at 3 pm to allow Missouri volunteers time to watch the Missouri Football Game. The Iowa headquarters has asked for our help personally. They need to get 200 volunteers to canvas the area.
Ron Paul needs our help in Iowa! Iowa is a must to push him ahead of the Republican pack! The Iowa meetups are not as organized as we are. I spoke with Ron a few nights ago and he was worried about Iowa.
Join me in Des Moines and lets bring Iowa home for Ron!! The Monday after the walk I would like the walkers to join me on my radio show at 8pm - 9pm by calling through Call in line (888) 747-1968 and telling everyone what they have accoplished for Ron. You can listen live online or check your area for where to find us on your dial.
Money for Ron is great but good old fashion walking and talking gets VOTES!
Jim Guest
"

Missouri State Rep Jim Guest has organized a mass exodus of 200 Missourians to help go door to door in Iowa to promote Ron Paul. Not forum attacks, not posting on digg, but actual troops on the ground. This is something many of you have demanded and now its happening! The Neocons, the mass media, and now nature itself are fighting us but as we have shown before nothing will stop the Revolution. Many of you are mad about the money bomb, but Im not asking you to donate towards that. I'm asking all those who declined to donate today to give to the campaign what we are having to spend in gas, $9,600 ! Were pledging with our feet, can you at least pledge with your wallet?

powertothepeople
11-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Missouri State Rep Jim Guest has organized a mass exodus of 200 Missourians to help go door to door in Iowa to promote Ron Paul. Not forum attacks, not posting on digg, but actual troops on the ground. This is something many of you have demanded and now its happening! The Neocons, the mass media, and now nature itself are fighting us but as we have shown before nothing will stop the Revolution. Many of you are mad about the money bomb, but Im not asking you to donate towards that. Im asking all those who declined to donate today to pay what we have donated in gas, $9,600 ! Were pledging with our feet, can you at least pledge with your wallet?

BUMP

reduen
11-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Are you simply asking if we can donate some money ($9,600) so 200 people can go from MO to IA here?

RPinSEAZ
11-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Where do we donate?

JAHOGS
11-30-2007, 09:25 PM
This comment I am about to make has nothing to do with this,but..... What if we started raising money in NH or Iowa and after we raised the money people with the money stood at gas stations and gave out $20 worth of gas to every person that was at the gas station while handing out RP material and talking about RP

reduen
11-30-2007, 09:29 PM
This comment I am about to make has nothing to do with this,but..... What if we started raising money in NH or Iowa and after we raised the money people with the money stood at gas stations and gave out $20 worth of gas to every person that was at the gas station while handing out RP material and talking about RP

Well that would make a statment for sure but I think that it is a pretty expensive way to get the word out..

ChairmanMao
11-30-2007, 09:31 PM
To the campaign, were more then willing to spend our own money its just that the extra expenses we use arent reflected in Dr Pauls money raised, this is to offset that.

" This comment I am about to make has nothing to do with this,but..... What if we started raising money in NH or Iowa and after we raised the money people with the money stood at gas stations and gave out $20 worth of gas to every person that was at the gas station while handing out RP material and talking about RP"
That would be acting like Romney

JAHOGS
11-30-2007, 09:36 PM
To the campaign, were more then willing to spend our own money its just that the extra expenses we use arent reflected in Dr Pauls money raised, this is to offset that.

" This comment I am about to make has nothing to do with this,but..... What if we started raising money in NH or Iowa and after we raised the money people with the money stood at gas stations and gave out $20 worth of gas to every person that was at the gas station while handing out RP material and talking about RP"
That would be acting like Romney

Yeah I guess your right, it does sound something like Romney would do

Benaiah
11-30-2007, 09:38 PM
I don't get what the OP is asking. You want us to donate 9 grand? You already have 200 volunteers for this? Give us more details.

happyphilter
11-30-2007, 09:38 PM
great!
is there a site or something?

reduen
11-30-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't get what the OP is asking. You want us to donate 9 grand? You already have 200 volunteers for this? Give us more details.

I'm with you Ben, I am a little confused..

ChairmanMao
11-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Bah, sorry Im new at this so heres Mr. Guest official letter
"The IOWA Ron Paul 2008 Walk for Ron Paul will be heald the 1st, three Saturday's in December. Remember Ron must have IOWA and he needs our help.
The first walk will be to drop Ron Paul campaign information door to door in Des Moines. Thusday Dec. 1st from 9am to 3 pm. Buses will pick up voluntees at the Des Moines Ron Paul headquarters and take them to the nieghborhoods to pass out information.
The campaign will break at 3 pm to allow Missouri volunteers time to watch the Missouri Football Game. The Iowa headquarters has asked for our help personally. They need to get 200 volunteers to canvas the area.
Ron Paul needs our help in Iowa! Iowa is a must to push him ahead of the Republican pack! The Iowa meetups are not as organized as we are. I spoke with Ron a few nights ago and he was worried about Iowa.
Join me in Des Moines and lets bring Iowa home for Ron!! The Monday after the walk I would like the walkers to join me on my radio show at 8pm - 9pm by calling through Call in line (888) 747-1968 and telling everyone what they have accoplished for Ron. You can listen live online or check your area for where to find us on your dial.
"
What Im asking you all to do is to donate the equivalent of our gas money to the campaign

steph3n
11-30-2007, 09:46 PM
Bah, sorry Im new at this so heres Mr. Guest official letter
"The IOWA Ron Paul 2008 Walk for Ron Paul will be heald the 1st, three Saturday's in December. Remember Ron must have IOWA and he needs our help.
The first walk will be to drop Ron Paul campaign information door to door in Des Moines. Thusday Dec. 1st from 9am to 3 pm. Buses will pick up voluntees at the Des Moines Ron Paul headquarters and take them to the nieghborhoods to pass out information.
"
What Im asking you all to do is to donate the equivalent of our gas money to the campaign

ok so donate 9600 extra between us to cover the fuel costs of the bus?

ChairmanMao
11-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Nope Im talking about the individual cost to drive to Iowa, ill change the original post to clear things up.

Indy Vidual
11-30-2007, 09:50 PM
1) You are talking about directly donating to National HQ, is this correct?
2) Do you want use to give a 'project code' or something so they know what is up?

happyphilter
11-30-2007, 09:51 PM
haha carpool

Its a great idea, but the more popular RP gets the more we need to look out for scams. Eager supporters with money to help are too easy of targets

jpinkerton
11-30-2007, 09:59 PM

I think he's asking between all of the users here to donate a total of $9,600 extra to the campaign to offset the campaign's cost of getting them to Iowa.

Basically, the campaign puts the $9,600 on a credit card. We're paying the credit card off.

Correct?

steph3n
Nope Im talking about the individual cost to drive to Iowa, ill change the original post to clear things up.

ok thanks, but where can we donate to the efforts? :)

steph3n
I think he's asking between all of the users here to donate a total of $9,600 extra to the campaign to offset the campaign's cost of getting them to Iowa.

Basically, the campaign puts the $9,600 on a credit card. We're paying the credit card off.

Correct?

no but waiting on details for where anything needs to be given :)

ChairmanMao
11-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Bah, I blame this on the DOE
Yes donate to the campaign, the official campaign, the one with Ron Paul in it.
and no project code, I just thought this would be a good way to motivate people to donate more, Ive heard lots of supporters angry about us never going door to door and i thought this might motivate them to donate extra.

ChairmanMao
11-30-2007, 10:04 PM
"I think he's asking between all of the users here to donate a total of $9,600 extra to the campaign to offset the campaign's cost of getting them to Iowa.

Basically, the campaign puts the $9,600 on a credit card. We're paying the credit card off."

Heres a little scenario to explain
"Hmm I need to drive to Iowa tomorrow and it will cost X amount, which is the same amount in my bank account. But I would like to also donate X amount to the campaign. To bad I can only do one." Im saying since we didnt have money for both you donate the money were using to drive to Iowa.

jpinkerton
11-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Bah, I blame this on the DOE
Yes donate to the campaign, the official campaign, the one with Ron Paul in it.
and no project code, I just thought this would be a good way to motivate people to donate more, Ive heard lots of supporters angry about us never going door to door and i thought this might motivate them to donate extra.

So I was right, we're offsetting the campaign's costs to get people to Iowa.

We're gettin' rid of the DOE, remember ;)

Why not use Fund Code: IAD2D

Iowa Door 2 Door

steph3n
11-30-2007, 10:12 PM
"I think he's asking between all of the users here to donate a total of $9,600 extra to the campaign to offset the campaign's cost of getting them to Iowa.

Basically, the campaign puts the $9,600 on a credit card. We're paying the credit card off."

Heres a little scenario to explain
"Hmm I need to drive to Iowa tomorrow and it will cost X amount, which is the same amount in my bank account. But I would like to also donate X amount to the campaign. To bad I can only do one." Im saying since we didnt have money for both you donate the money were using to drive to Iowa.

ah got it! great work and don't worry about not articulating we will work it out of you :D

ChairmanMao
11-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Good were all on the same page now. So who would like to kick things off?