PDA

View Full Version : Video: Bundy & Rand Paul Respond to Harry Reid’s “Domestic Terrorist” Slur

libertygrl
04-18-2014, 07:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBJHVPXknc4

phill4paul
04-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Harry Reid says he has already talked with Eric Holder and James Comey regarding the supporters of Bundy Ranch. I wish Rand would do a follow up and put in a call himself and ask what was discussed.

JK/SEA
04-18-2014, 07:11 AM
Harry Reid gives 'another' interview...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0_4BKzFdMU

donnay
04-18-2014, 07:52 AM
Harry Reid and his ilk (including lamestream media) are setting the people up for a possible false flag, IMHO.

Those of us who have been jumping up and down about the Patriot Act (since it's inception) and were called "Conspiracy Theorists" because we saw the writing on the wall with Sect 802. It's easier to enact Martial Law and usher in a full blown Police State.

SEC. 802. DEFINITION OF DOMESTIC TERRORISM.

(a) DOMESTIC TERRORISM DEFINED- Section 2331 of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in paragraph (1)(B)(iii), by striking `by assassination or kidnapping' and inserting `by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping';

(2) in paragraph (3), by striking `and';

(3) in paragraph (4), by striking the period at the end and inserting `; and'; and

(4) by adding at the end the following:

`(5) the term `domestic terrorism' means activities that--

`(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

`(B) appear to be intended--

`(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

`(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or

`(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and

`(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.'.

(b) CONFORMING AMENDMENT- Section 3077(1) of title 18, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:

`(1) `act of terrorism' means an act of domestic or international terrorism as defined in section 2331;'.
http://www.infowars.com/HR_3162/Sec_802.htm

Section 802 of the USA PATRIOT Act (Pub. L. No. 107-52) expanded the definition of terrorism to cover ""domestic,"" as opposed to international, terrorism. A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act ""dangerous to human life"" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping. Additionally, the acts have to occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States and if they do not, may be regarded as international terrorism.

Section 802 does not create a new crime of domestic terrorism. However, it does expand the type of conduct that the government can investigate when it is investigating ""terrorism."" The USA PATRIOT Act expanded governmental powers to investigate terrorism, and some of these powers are applicable to domestic terrorism.

The definition of domestic terrorism is broad enough to encompass the activities of several prominent activist campaigns and organizations. Greenpeace, Operation Rescue, Vieques Island and WTO protesters and the Environmental Liberation Front have all recently engaged in activities that could subject them to being investigated as engaging in domestic terrorism.

One recent example is the Vieques Island protests, when many people, including several prominent Americans, participated in civil disobedience on a military installation where the United States government has been engaging in regular military exercises, which these protesters oppose. The protesters illegally entered the military base and tried to obstruct the bombing exercises. This conduct would fall within the definition of domestic terrorism because the protesters broke federal law by unlawfully entering the airbase and their acts were for the purpose of influencing a government policy by intimidation or coercion. The act of trying to disrupt bombing exercises arguably created a danger to human life - their own and those of military personnel. Using this hypothetical as a starting point, we will go through the USA PATRIOT Act and explore the new governmental powers that could be brought to bear on Vieques Island protesters whose conduct falls within the overbroad definition of domestic terrorism.
https://www.aclu.org/national-security/how-usa-patriot-act-redefines-domestic-terrorism

menciusmoldbug
04-18-2014, 08:26 AM
If you've been paying attention to public discourse for the past ~decade or so (since 9/11, basically), it was fairly obvious that we were headed in this direction. The term "terrorist" is not an objective label, it is a political bludgeon - much like "racist," "sexist," and increasingly "homophobe" (or "anti-gay"). These labels serve the same function that "heretic" used to, and governmental treatment of us is likely to be similarly harsh if you haven't got the good sense to stay underground and off their radar.

I'd encourage all God-fearing men and women to pray for Mr. Bundy. I'm afraid things aren't going to end well for him at all.

donnay
04-18-2014, 08:39 AM
If you've been paying attention to public discourse for the past ~decade or so (since 9/11, basically), it was fairly obvious that we were headed in this direction. The term "terrorist" is not an objective label, it is a political bludgeon - much like "racist," "sexist," and increasingly "homophobe" (or "anti-gay"). These labels serve the same function that "heretic" used to, and governmental treatment of us is likely to be similarly harsh if you haven't got the good sense to stay underground and off their radar.

I'd encourage all God-fearing men and women to pray for Mr. Bundy. I'm afraid things aren't going to end well for him at all.

Also pray for those who trespass. Because in the end it will not fare well for them.

angelatc
04-18-2014, 09:35 AM

Agreed. Although I would add Anti-Semitic to the list of slurs.

phill4paul
04-18-2014, 01:12 PM
So has Rand put in a call to Eric Holder and James Comey to see what exactly they and Harry Reid decided on?