PDA

View Full Version : I am coming to disrupt the Iowa rally

wecandoit
06-26-2007, 02:07 PM
***SATIRE...FOOD FOR THOUGHT....TRAINING PURPOSES.....*****

I most likely will be a young man in my early or mid twenties alone, but I may travel in pairs.

I may be wearing radical clothes or carry radical signs, (911 truth, drug legalization, supporting Ed Brown, etc)

I may try to start a radical chant concerning the above issues of 911,drugs,taxes.

When discussing Ron Paul, my conversation may seem scripted or rehearshed, I may appear to be acting. I may have trouble talking about how I first heard about Ron Paul.

I may shy away from having my picture taken.

I may hesitate from talking about my relationships with people or family.

I may not appear to know a lot about where I say I come from, or what I do for a living.

I may announce urgent news to the crowd, in hopes of starting some act of unruliness.

At my worst, I may be seen being overy cautious with a backpack or package, or appear too interested in the food service.

My goal is make the Ron Paul movement look like a bunch of crazy, lawless anarchists, a crazed minority intent on disrupting the normal flow of democracy.

I am being well paid for my services, as are others among the crowd, so I will be sneaky and devoted to accomplishing my goal.

wecandoit
06-26-2007, 02:09 PM
This is a fine line to walk, everyone going should enjoy the experience, and not be too overly suspicious of our fellow Ron Paul supporters, enjoy the fellowship.

We should just keep eyes open, use common sense, and do our best to make a positive impact.

MsDoodahs
06-26-2007, 02:10 PM
:eek:

Good point.

BLS
06-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Dude....http://www.personal.psu.edu/ajs372/photos/random/bunny_pancake.jpg

beermotor
06-26-2007, 02:11 PM
This is a fine line to walk, everyone going should enjoy the experience, and not be too overly suspicious of our fellow Ron Paul supporters, enjoy the fellowship.

We should just keep eyes open, use common sense, and do our best to make a positive impact.

You look like Kid Rock or somebody from Lynyrd Skynyrd. !!

MGS
06-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Are people aware of the Seattle protests where a group of youngsters in black calling themselves "anarchists" totally ruined the whole gathering and ignited a confrontation with police?

This is a serious concern.

wecandoit
06-26-2007, 02:15 PM
You look like Kid Rock or somebody from Lynyrd Skynyrd. !!

Ha!

Kid Rock is to Ronnie Van Zant as Rudy G. is to Ron Paul,

please! LOL

Ronnie would have loved Ron Paul...Free as a bird baby.

wecandoit
06-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Are people aware of the Seattle protests where a group of youngsters in black calling themselves "anarchists" totally ruined the whole gathering and ignited a confrontation with police?

Yes, we are just a few days away from scoring a major PR success with this thing.
We would be absolutely nuts not to consider that there may be an attempt to sabatoge it. This sort of thing has happened many times before.

beermotor
06-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Ha!

Kid Rock is to Ronnie Van Zant as Rudy G. is to Ron Paul,

please! LOL

Ronnie would have loved Ron Paul...Free as a bird baby.

That's who I thought it was... :)

BW4Paul
06-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Yes, we are just a few days away from scoring a major PR success with this thing.
We would be absolutely nuts not to consider that there may be an attempt to sabatoge it. This sort of thing has happened many times before.

At the risk of sounding excessively paranoid, I agree with this. I wish I could go (sigh), but since I'm not, please keep your eyes open out there!

Spirit of '76
06-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Agents provocateur are a very real phenomenon.

The OP is right. Stay alert, and don't let anyone ruin this thing.

PatriotOne
06-26-2007, 03:17 PM

I wouldn't expect anything as severe as rubber bullet's, etc., but I sure won't be surprised if people are harrassed by the police.

As far as major provocateering, this just happened in May in L.A. at an immigration protest. Paid provocateer's are alive and well.

5-1-07 LAPD ASSAULTS IMMIGRATION REFORM DEMONSTRATORS

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5789181133091250128&q=immigration+protests+and+media&total=55&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

orenbus
06-26-2007, 03:30 PM
you guys are way too paranoid either that or you worry too much.

this isn't a march against the wto in seatle or riots in europe. this is a small gathering in comparison with most of the people in the audience aligning themselves with ron paul or the iowa christian alliance or tax reform org.

kylejack
06-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Agent provocateur or not, I do expect the Truthers to raise hell. :(

Spirit of '76
06-26-2007, 03:48 PM

Yeah, you're right. Ed Failor has probably seen the error of his ways and is going to welcome all these Ron Paul supporters with open arms.

Bryan
06-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Orenbus- over here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=19079#post19079

You wrote:

Like Pat Buchanan said a little over 10 years ago;

"They're going to come after this campaign with everything they've got. Do not wait for orders from headquarters, mount up everybody and ride to the sound of the guns."

Perhaps paying agents provocateurs for the first national Ron Paul rally would be a part of coming after the campaign?

Great original post- catchy topic title too. :)

mdh
06-26-2007, 04:19 PM
"I may claim my orders come from ZOMGZ CAMPAIGN HEADQUARTERS DIRECTLY VIA ME CAUSE I AM TEH OFFICIAL MESSENGER NOW BOW, BITCHEZ!"
Seriously.

mdh
06-26-2007, 04:21 PM

Do you? I actually kind of don't. We'll see though. If the media starts talking to the 9/11 enthusiast crowd (if there is one), expect me to clamor for some camera time as well as someone who's not a part of that crowd. Basically, if 9/11 kids start crap, there'll be... blowback.

Bryan in Iowa
06-26-2007, 04:27 PM

I am not at liberty to comment on our contingencies for this situation, but trust me, it has been discussed.

wecandoit
06-26-2007, 04:39 PM
I am not at liberty to comment on our contingencies for this situation, but trust me, it has been discussed.

good to know people in Iowa are on it

orenbus
06-26-2007, 04:43 PM
good, beat up on the hippie kid that shows up in a tie die tshirt j/k :p

yongrel
06-26-2007, 04:50 PM
maybe it would be prudent to have some spare Ron Paul shirts, and maybe appropriate pants, on hand. Just in case someone misses the memo, and wears an outfit that does not project well onto the campaign.

I'm not advocating censorship, but I believe that everyone attending should be aware that their conduct and appearance are tied to Ron Paul.

John of Des Moines
06-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Is to bump this message up.

IrrigatedPancake
06-26-2007, 10:10 PM

this isn't a march against the wto in seatle or riots in europe. this is a small gathering in comparison with most of the people in the audience aligning themselves with ron paul or the iowa christian alliance or tax reform org.

That might be your first reaction, but if RP people get labeled as something of which the rest of the population doesn't want to be a part, then a lot of people with interests that are opposed to a discussion and understanding of the state of freedom in the US will be able to breathe much easier than they have been in the past few months. I think they would resort to all kinds of efforts to stunt RP's popularity growth and give it a label that will turn people away without hearing the message, which is the true object of RP's opponents' worries. Even if the event does not seem like a big deal to you, consider it from the perspective of those in who's way you are standing.

We have to remember that, above all, even above Ron Paul and getting him elected, the message and its communication to everyone who will listen to it are the task of our generation. The Founding Ideas do not live and die with an election, they live and die with people who believe in them. The Ideas make us more than political activists, they make us U.S.. RP believes education is most important because through communication of the Ideas the country can be rebuilt. The minds of people is the new frontier.

Westward Ho!

Razmear
06-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Way back in the day, when I was an active protester of assorted government wrongs (Nicaragua, Gulf War 1, etc) there was a group of about 20 of us who wore red armbands at every protest and rally.
We were referred to at the "Peace Keepers" and at the start of the rally/protest/march the co-ordinators let it be known that we were there to keep things civil between protesters and counter protesters, and to make sure things go smoothly.
I don't think I was ever required to do much more than say 'just ignore those folks' to maintain the peace, but just having the presence of a security detail that can keep their heads if things should go a bit nuts is helpful for any major event.
At the minimum there should be a 'orientation meet up' that everyone attends so that they can be given the lay of the land and told the proper etiquette for the event.

eb

IrrigatedPancake
06-26-2007, 11:19 PM
What Razmear is talking about sounds like a nice solution to preventing incitement and all around bad behavior, purposeful or not.

kylejack
06-26-2007, 11:23 PM
John of Des Moines claims to have some mysterious plan to deal with Truthers, though he did not go into detail. I certainly hope he doesn't intend to violate anyone's right to freedom of speech or to initiate force against anyone.

foofighter20x
06-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Agents provocateur are a very real phenomenon.

The OP is right. Stay alert, and don't let anyone ruin this thing.

No joke! As much as I roll my eyes at Mike Moore, he still showed in Fahrenheit 9/11 that some of the loud and obnoxious recount protestors in FL back in 2000were in fact paid GOP Congressional staffers.

ecliptic
06-26-2007, 11:30 PM

... as I expect narrow-minded statists to stereotype a powerful growing movement in a lame attempt to "debunk" it... while simultaneously harming the Ron Paul movement by acting in a "non-constitutional" manner. Maybe if we all "groupthink" on this using "Mainstream" sources we can arrive at your pre-judged conclusion?

kylejack
06-26-2007, 11:34 PM
... as I expect narrow-minded statists to stereotype a powerful growing movement in a lame attempt to "debunk" it... while simultaneously harming the Ron Paul movement by acting in a "non-constitutional" manner. Maybe if we all "groupthink" on this using "Mainstream" sources we can arrive at your pre-judged conclusion?

I'm a simple man. Could you tone down the sarcasm and put it in simple terms so a fool like me can understand? It kind of seemed like you were calling me a statist, but I'm not really sure.

Dan Klaus
06-27-2007, 04:00 AM
John of Des Moines claims to have some mysterious plan to deal with Truthers, though he did not go into detail. I certainly hope he doesn't intend to violate anyone's right to freedom of speech or to initiate force against anyone.

I sincerely doubt this will be the case. Overall the message from Iowa has been one of inclusion. Their actions and attitudes have given me hope for America - and a big thanks to Bryan and others who have made this such a positive experience that I am looking forward to hearing and watching on Sunday. This is going to be a great experience for all involved.

Spatch67
06-27-2007, 04:10 AM
I'm a simple man. Could you tone down the sarcasm and put it in simple terms so a fool like me can understand? It kind of seemed like you were calling me a statist, but I'm not really sure.

I think he said he is going as a 911 truther and since you don't agree with him doing that, you are a statist who is in favor of a totalitarian government similar to the one presented in the book 1984.

Of course thats insane, but that's OK. You just be you and let him be him :)

nayjevin
06-27-2007, 04:33 AM
we shouldn't rush to think we are censored when others want us to dress a certain way for the good of the cause.

there is nothing wrong with a lawyer advising me not to show up in court with a black sabbath t-shirt. image matters.

there are issues other than ron paul getting elected that matter in this world.

but i know i did not join any other meetup group than a ron paul meetup group. that is my focus, and it should be the only focus for anyone else planning to attend.

besides, if all the good guys show up looking professional, the bad guys stick out like a sore thumb.

If you come to advocate something other than ron paul, expect to be treated as though you don't belong by those who are sincere.

pick your battles.

don't be like the kid that gets a huge bull piercing in his septum to prove to everybody he can do whatever he wants to his own face. it only gives those who oppose you a ring by which to grab and control you.

======================

BTW Sabbath was a christian band -- read these lyrics (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/blacksabbath/afterforever.html)
and they had good political ideas -- read these lyrics (http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/blacksabbath/lukeswallwarpigs.html)

rumor has it a publicist convinced them a 'darker' image would help them sell more records
now most people think they were devil worshippers.
image matters
Any lessons here?

Man from La Mancha
06-27-2007, 06:28 AM
bump

Suzu
06-27-2007, 07:24 AM
BTW Sabbath was a christian band --
and they had good political ideas --
rumor has it a publicist convinced them a 'darker' image would help them sell more records
image matters

Any lessons here?

You didn't say whether the advice was effective. Did they sell more records after assuming the "darker image"?

nayjevin
06-27-2007, 07:37 AM
You didn't say whether the advice was effective. Did they sell more records after assuming the "darker image"?

couldn't know if it's more than they would have sold, but probly.

The inaccuracy would probably be appealing to the crowd they were selling to.

Trance Dance Master
06-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by nayjevin View Post
BTW Sabbath was a christian band --
and they had good political ideas --
image matters

Any lessons here?

Yes. HAIL SATAN!

Are you freakin' kidding me?! They're a band that started in the 1960's that every single heavy metal band copies. Anything any metal band has ever done, Sabbath already did it and did it better. It not only increased their sales to previously unimagined proportions, but also the sales of every band that copied them.

Notice other politicians from the Republican AND Democrat side trying to steal Ron Paul's thunder lately? He dared to be different, and now everyone else is playing catchup. Nobody's going to forget who the original is, however.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sabbath

Birdlady
06-27-2007, 10:08 AM
It's fine to say leave the 9-11 message at home that day, but I don't like the attitude people have here in regards to those with a different opinion than your own.

Whether or not you think 9-11 was carried out by a single group of hijackers or by the government let's respect each other.

I wouldn't be concerned with 9-11 truthers at all. They want Ron Paul in office as much as anyone else in this board.

Spirit of '76
06-27-2007, 10:15 AM
It's fine to say leave the 9-11 message at home that day, but I don't like the attitude people have here in regards to those with a different opinion than your own. .

I've been trying to avoid this is debate since it's old and tired and boring and lame, but since it seems to be dragging on and on, I'll throw in my two cents.

I don't think people have a problem with those who hold different opinions or who don't buy into the official story of 9/11; I think the issue at hand is that people want those who are out campaigning for Dr. Paul to stick to discussing Dr. Paul and leave those other issues for another time.

PatriotOne
06-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Not sure what kind of image ya all have about the real 9/11 Truther's (as opposed to the paid faux 9/11 truther's purposely trying to discredit the movement..yes they exist and there are lot's of them), but I think you will find them to be quite normal and very intelligent people. Unless some paid provocateers show up as radicals, you will probably be pleasantly surprised and find most of them very interesting to talk too.

Just be aware that if you see a 9/11 Truther being a troublemaker, it is probably a provocateer. Even the real 9/11 Truther's will be able to spot them and call them out.

Take the time to bridge the gap between the groups, not fear their presence.