PDA

View Full Version : The National Journal doesn't like Paul

winston_blade
05-18-2007, 02:48 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16711064/

I wouldn't bother with emails or anything...but I thought I would just let you know where they ranked him.

beermotor
05-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Hahaha... "Just please stop e-mailing us, please." That rules.

DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP!

YARR, SURRENDER YE BOOTY!

Exponent
05-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Just please stop e-mailing us. Thanks.

These rankings are ordered by likelihood of winning the Republican primary and are based on a number of factors, including organization, money, buzz and polling.

Am I missing something? Wouldn't a lot of emails at least potentially indicate some form of organization, and quite a bit of buzz? :rolleyes:

Not to mention, this is on their feedback page:

Your input is tremendously important to us. Whether you have suggestions,
questions or complaints, please be sure to let us know.

UtahApocalypse
05-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Know what we need to do, E-Mail them even more. Dont stop. E-mail, Call, show them the buzz.

CurtisLow
05-18-2007, 03:08 PM
"These rankings are ordered by likelihood of winning the Republican primary and are based on a number of factors, including organization, MONEY, buzz and polling. Click here for Democratic rankings."

That poll is all one sided. Of course they listed MONEY sure RP does not have a lot
but Ron's #1 in most polls so I guess that MSNBC had the bug too. I thought they were better then that... I guessed wrong..

I sent this:

White House 2008 rankings: The Republicans

You all have too be kidding? Who comes up with the statistics on your polls? That poll is all one sided. Of course you listed MONEY sure RP does not have a lot, but Ron's #1 in most polls. Did you see the polls results after both debates? Ron Paul on top. so I guess that MSNBC had the bug too. I thought msnbc was better then that... I guessed wrong.. Do a story about main media gone wrong. Or the C.E.O's of media that twist the truth for political gain. The time is over for big media trying to pull one over on the America public. We have taken it long enough! And we are much better informed then you think.

Good day,
Kirk G.
Pittsburgh, Pa

------------------------------------------------

Here is a link to there contact info page have at it!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10285339/

Exponent
05-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Because of their feedback page's request for comments, and how painfully it didn't mesh with their request for no more emails, I ended up emailing them anyway, with the following:

Regarding your ranking of Republican presidential candidates, I am confused by the following three quotes I have found on your site:

"These rankings are ordered by likelihood of winning the Republican primary and are based on a number of factors, including organization, money, buzz and polling."

[I wish to emphasize "buzz" in that statement.]

"12. Ron Paul... Just please stop e-mailing us. Thanks."

And at the top of this current feedback page:

"Your input is tremendously important to us. Whether you have suggestions, questions or complaints, please be sure to let us know."

You say our comments are tremedously important, and yet you do not want to hear from us if it involves Ron Paul? And somehow you do not even think that Ron any buzz, despite all the email? I'm confused. If you could clarify how these three statements fit together, I would indeed appreciate it, just as much as you allegedly appreciate readers' comments.

I wanted to be polite, but statements that clearly do not logically mesh really work me up. I suppose I could have been a lot worse, however.

JoshLowry
05-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Journalism at it's finest. :rolleyes:

Make them eat their actions in 2008, use it to fuel your fire.

vertesc
05-18-2007, 05:50 PM
ROTFL - I hope that link isn't working for anyone else either... it would mean that we just slashdotted them! Or to use that humorous vernacular discussed in another post, we gave 'em a "ron paul" :) .

How awesome would it be if we got the reputation of downing servers everytime there was a comment about paul! lol that would be much better than a poll. Hard to pretend that no one supports him when your server goes down under the load of too many fans!

Kandilynn
05-18-2007, 06:02 PM
I saw this a while ago and at first I was literally sick to my stomach. I just felt horrible and wanted to cry. (Not that I had actually e-mailed them in the first place.) Then, I realized that just because these people decide to rank Ron Paul #12 and say he's losing doesn't mean that he actually is. And it's just them trying once again to discredit Ron Paul and make him look bad, and it really just makes them look bad. It just makes them seem petty and childish...I was 10 years old the last time I was losing a game and declared that someone else was cheating and called them the loser. I think these guys need to grow up.

Exponent
05-18-2007, 08:36 PM
I just happened to glance at the National Journal's page on the Democratic candidates (http://nationaljournal.com/racerankings/wh08/democrats/), saw Mike Gravel at the very bottom, and noticed the following, much different comment, compared to Ron Paul:

#8 Mike Gravel... Thanks for the e-mails. As long as the DNC plans to invite him to the debates, we'll rank him.
Double standard? Someone has a personal grudge with Ron? They're getting paid off? Whatever it is, I don't like it. Though I do appreciate their niceness concerning Gravel. But why not Ron? Or are some Ron supporters particularly nasty with their comments that go beyond what we at this forum are aware of? I'd like to think not, but passion really does tend to provoke some unpleasant behavior sometimes. :( I'd rather direct that passion for good behavior.

qednick
05-18-2007, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't even bother worrying about this. Whoever did it obviously has an axe to grind and simply doesn't like RP. The fact that they put him in 12th place (which even the most ignorant of ivory tower eggheads will know simply isn't true) means that they are fooling themselves and/or in denial.

billv
05-18-2007, 08:56 PM
There's no way they could argue that Tommy Thompson should sit above Ron Paul. Lol, the guy was a freakin joke during the debate. His government spending cuts included cutting the vaccine pile, if I even understood him right. He came in with 0 percent on the Fox Poll. MSNBC can't be serious.

tnvoter
05-18-2007, 09:08 PM
lol, i wonder if they'll be happy to find out that people who use the internet can vote too.

sending my email now. LOL

tnvoter
05-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Journalism at it's finest. :rolleyes:

Make them eat their actions in 2008, use it to fuel your fire.

Remember all those posters of GWBush that said ONE TERM PRESIDENT?

The first thing I thought when I saw those 4 years ago... boy it's going to suck even more for them.