PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul and Mike Gravel missing from ABC's list of candidates

giskard
05-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Have a look:

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/2008_political_players_17.pdf

zMtLlC
05-12-2007, 12:01 PM
My guess is that it probably has a lot to do with their polling data. Whether we like it or not, Dr. Paul has not been polling well. We've got some work to do!

n664dc
05-12-2007, 02:09 PM
My guess is that it probably has a lot to do with their polling data. Whether we like it or not, Dr. Paul has not bee polling well. We've got some work to do!

errr have you seen the polls concerning the latest debate?

zMtLlC
05-12-2007, 02:11 PM
errr have you seen the polls concerning the latest debate?

I'm talking about the scientific polls that they conduct that are listed along with that list of candidates.

JoshLowry
05-12-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm talking about the scientific polls that they conduct that are listed along with that list of candidates.

He may not be polling in their scientific polls, but he is online.

You can question online polls and I agree there is a strong internet presence behind Dr. Paul. The thing is that every internet user has a choice to be just as passionate about McCain, Guiliani, or Romney, and that passion does not show in the internet polls.

Online polls let anyone vote. These 'scientific polls' are random digit dialing people who happen to still pick up phone calls that say "Blocked Caller" on the caller id. I tend to think those people are not as well informed.

MsDoodahs
05-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Don't be bummed by the "polls" that are being released to the public.

Pollsters get paid to do a job.

Their polls are used to sway public opinion.

The pollster knows GOING IN what result is expected.

If they don't deliver that result, they'll get fired and the next pollster in line will get the work.

There are ways to manipulate the data to give the buyer exactly what he's asking for...

I WISH I could find the poll I was looking at last night again. I added up the totals for the usual suspects plus FredT, and the total was only 64%. :confused: I don't believe for a second that 36% had no opinion - and that was not a listed "category," either.

This was a post debate poll, and all the major candidates dropped from their earlier, higher numbers. Those who dropped off went SOMEWHERE. The pollster is not saying where.

Bryan
05-12-2007, 03:56 PM
What's so funny about this list is that there are people not even running for president there.

amonasro
05-12-2007, 04:40 PM
I think that list is pretty old actually. MSNBC has an interactive poll up now, with video clips of each candidate. Paul was leading at 42% last time I checked :)

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-12-2007, 09:23 PM
This may be an old list. A date at the bottom references Jan 07.

garyallen59
02-13-2008, 08:44 PM
that's crazy