PDA

View Full Version : CA Deputy Serving Eviction Notice Shoots Himself in the Leg While Trying to Shoot Dog

SeanTX
04-17-2014, 07:46 PM
Officer safety for the win !

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/17/calif-tv-station-films-dog-calmly-playing-with-kids-after-cop-shoots-himself-trying-to-kill-it/

Calif. TV station films dog calmly playing with kids after cop shoots himself trying to kill it
By David Edwards
Thursday, April 17, 2014 15:41 EDT

A California deputy accidentally shot himself while trying to kill a dog that he said was threatening his life on Wednesday, but video captured by a local television station later showed the animal much smaller than reported and peacefully playing with children.

According to a Riverside County sheriff’s spokesperson, the deputy was serving an eviction notice at around 2 p.m. on Wednesday when a “large” dog tried to attack him, KCAL reported.

“A dog came at the deputy in an aggressive manner,” Deputy Armando Munoz said, according to The Press-Enterprise. “The deputy, (attempting to defend himself) pulled his service weapon, shot one round, and injured himself in the leg.”

“He’s OK. He has non life-threatening injuries.”

Munoz said that the dog’s aggressive behavior ended when it was startled by the gunfire.

When KNBC film crews arrived on the scene later on Wednesday, they found a medium-sized pit bull — named “Precious” — confined to a pen, and calmly playing with several children. The dog’s owner admitted that it had been barking when the officer arrived.

Animal Services did not take the dog into custody because there was no evidence it or the owner had done anything wrong.
snip.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-17-2014, 07:49 PM
Good shoot.

Anti Federalist
04-17-2014, 07:49 PM
Let me be the first.

http://funnycatwallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/grumpy-cat-good-1.jpg

SeanTX
04-17-2014, 07:56 PM
A couple of hours ago while out walking I had a pit bull come across the street towards me barking -- I just faced him and yelled "NO!" and he went back the way he came. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but seems to work more often than not. I did reach for some pepper spray, something maybe Deppidy Dipsh*t should have considered doing -- then he wouldn't have a hole in his leg.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/33/Don_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Sho w.jpg/382px-Don_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Sho w.jpg

phill4paul
04-17-2014, 08:03 PM
Ahhh, on any given day there is at least one article in the multitudes that warms my heart.

aGameOfThrones
04-17-2014, 08:21 PM
Justice is quite poetic.

Origanalist
04-18-2014, 04:04 AM
Ahhh, on any given day there is at least one article in the multitudes that warms my heart.

You see more than I do then. However, this one makes me smile from ear to ear.

Vicious looking beast, isn't it?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/knbc_dog_140417e-2-615x345.jpg

The comments at the link are great, the cop is getting all the sympathy he deserves. :p

Henry Rogue
04-18-2014, 06:26 AM
Justice.

Schifference
04-18-2014, 06:30 AM
The subliminal message is that guns are extremely dangerous. Even well trained cops have accidents with them so they should be removed from the public.

Henry Rogue
04-18-2014, 06:46 AM
The subliminal message is that guns are extremely dangerous. Even well trained cops have accidents with them so they should be removed from the public.
It didn't work on me, it never cross3d my mind.

RJB
04-18-2014, 06:53 AM
What a dumbass.

Schifference
04-18-2014, 06:57 AM
I would be willing to bet that people that are anti gun would make that comparison.

tod evans
04-18-2014, 06:58 AM
I would be bet that people that are anti gun would make that comparison.

Who cares what the anti-gunners think, they can't shoot back...;)

acptulsa
04-18-2014, 07:01 AM

Of course, as many of the cops around here as do shoot themselves, most of the casualties come from cops thinking they're good enough drivers to chase down people who can actually drive.

Occam's Banana
04-18-2014, 08:17 AM
Let me be the first.

But not the last ...

Thor
04-18-2014, 08:54 AM

I agree 1,000%... cops should be removed from the public.

youngbuck
04-18-2014, 12:25 PM
This clearly shows that the pig did NOT have to shoot the dog, considering he shot himself and the dog did not proceed to attack. The dog presented no threat at all, yet the pig still tried to get his rocks off by killing it. The pig should be charged with discharging a firearm within city limits, conspiracy to commit animal cruelty, disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, etc.

GunnyFreedom
04-18-2014, 02:14 PM

nor I

GunnyFreedom
04-18-2014, 02:16 PM
This clearly shows that the pig did NOT have to shoot the dog, considering he shot himself and the dog did not proceed to attack. The dog presented no threat at all, yet the pig still tried to get his rocks off by killing it. The pig should be charged with discharging a firearm within city limits, conspiracy to commit animal cruelty, disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, etc.

dogthought: "well, that's the craziest mfer I ever saw. That lunatic'll put a bullet in himself just to prove a point, God only knows what this lunatic will do to me. buh bye!"

GunnyFreedom
04-18-2014, 02:17 PM
I would be bet that people that are anti gun would make that comparison.

antigunners will make an antigun argument out of baked squash and a potted plant.

GunnyFreedom
04-18-2014, 02:18 PM
A couple of hours ago while out walking I had a pit bull come across the street towards me barking -- I just faced him and yelled "NO!" and he went back the way he came. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but seems to work more often than not. I did reach for some pepper spray, something maybe Deppidy Dipsh*t should have considered doing -- then he wouldn't have a hole in his leg.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/33/Don_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Sho w.jpg/382px-Don_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Sho w.jpg

An ex-cop friend of mine figures the reason the American police are so broken, is that there are way too many Barney Fifes, with way too much firepower.

osan
04-18-2014, 03:44 PM
It is a terrible shame he failed to shoot himself in the head. The gene pool is very manky these days.

belian78
04-20-2014, 06:51 AM
Yup, that dog sure does look dangerous don't it? This made my day yesterday, I'm sure RPF can appreciate it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vkDN66XBm2I

kahless
04-20-2014, 06:56 AM
Cop enters fenced in yard and fires on his non-threatening barking dog, yet the owner feels sorry for the officer. I would still be pretty pissed off regardless if he shot himself.

pcosmar
04-20-2014, 07:10 AM
Cop enters fenced in yard and fires on his non-threatening barking dog, yet the owner feels sorry for the officer. I would still be pretty pissed off regardless if he shot himself.

I think the owner said that for the cameras.. or that is all of the interview that they chose to show.

I'll bet the owner was laughing at the stupid fuck,, and cursing him for such stupidity off camera.

Original_Intent
04-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Change the dog's name to "Karma".

edit: Just realized how funny that would be if the dog was female, i.e. "Karma's a bitch" :D

chudrockz
04-20-2014, 07:58 AM
Precious is built very much like my dog Snowflake. And appears to be about as threatening. Snowflake currently is laying on the couch with me, with her head propped up on my stomach. She's dreaming. It's cute.

I bet in 99% or more of these cases, it's just a paranoid person who THINKS a dog is threatening. Occasionally we have our dog out in the front yard, and someone walks by. Once in awhile she will bark once or twice, and less often run over to the person(s). She is NEVER threatening, only saying hello. In every single case the person meets her, gives her a pat on the head, and is instantly hooked (and our dog is, too). In fact more often than not after we talk for awhile and they continue their walk, our goofy dog tries to go with them! :)

Henry Rogue
04-20-2014, 08:28 AM
Is this the same story as the other thread about a cop shooting himself while attempting to kill a dog or is this a seperate incident? I can't find that thread.

SeanTX
04-20-2014, 08:35 AM
I bet in 99% or more of these cases, it's just a paranoid person who THINKS a dog is threatening.

I think in about 98% of these cases it has little or nothing to do with fear -- it's just a pure "why did we do it? because we can!" power trip. Especially if the dog is a "pit bull" -- it's pretty much open season on them no matter what.

And to Henry Rogue, yes, it's the same story. Though not the first I've heard of where a cop shot himself while trying to shoot at a dog, or shot a fellow cop. A few mundanes have gotten hit too, not that they count.

SeanTX
04-20-2014, 08:35 AM
//

2young2vote
04-20-2014, 08:48 AM
I was arguing with my dad about police officers killing dogs. His claim was that an officer is already going into a "potentially dangerous" situation and doesn't need a dog as yet another possible threat or nuisance. My argument was the governments propensity for incrementalism and taking a mile when you give them an inch, so when it is ok to kill dogs for no reason then it only takes a little more bending of morality for that dog to become a human in the officers eyes. Not to mention the destruction of property in the vain of officer safety.

GunnyFreedom
04-20-2014, 09:46 AM
I was arguing with my dad about police officers killing dogs. His claim was that an officer is already going into a "potentially dangerous" situation and doesn't need a dog as yet another possible threat or nuisance. My argument was the governments propensity for incrementalism and taking a mile when you give them an inch, so when it is ok to kill dogs for no reason then it only takes a little more bending of morality for that dog to become a human in the officers eyes. Not to mention the destruction of property in the vain of officer safety.

We don't need no stinkin' chirren distracting law ossifers on de job serving jaywalking warrants BLAM BLAM BLAM!

Henry Rogue
04-20-2014, 04:12 PM
It's not as dangerous for the cop, as it is for any living being that might come across the cop's path. A cop pulls over a motorist. Whose life is in more peril? The guy who you know has a gun, a vest, a radio and aggressive tactics or the guy who is late for church? Yeah, maybe the next guy isn't going to chuch, maybe he just got done robbing a bank and is armed, so what. The majority of the time it ain't the cop, whose life is in danger.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-20-2014, 04:24 PM
My argument is defense is no excuse when you're INVADING somebody's home. What the fuck is wrong with these police officers? "I trespassed on somebody's property unannounced and his dog is barking at me, so I shot the dog in self-defense."

IronPatriot
04-20-2014, 04:32 PM
http://www.nocturnar.com/imagenes/ha-ha-nelson-simpsons-nelson-ha-ha-93-p.jpg

RJB
04-20-2014, 04:40 PM
His claim was that an officer is already going into a "potentially dangerous" situation and doesn't need a dog as yet another possible threat or nuisance. When I was a firefighter, I went into burning buildings, helped at car accident scenes with drunks and car fires, dealt with distraught people dealing with tragedy and had dogs bark at me. NEVER did my instinct tell me to shoot the dog.

And this isn't just emergency workers. Lots of people deal with dangerous situations every day and don't need to shoot, taze, torture, people, dogs, rabbits (or whatever threatens them.)

CaseyJones
04-20-2014, 06:04 PM
Is this the same story as the other thread about a cop shooting himself while attempting to kill a dog or is this a seperate incident? I can't find that thread.

yep same dog- merged threads

RJB
04-20-2014, 06:21 PM
yep same dog- merged threads

Dang. I wish two dogs had survived.

KCIndy
04-20-2014, 06:42 PM
I really, really wish I could have seen that shooting. I would have laughed until I p*ssed myself.

I hope the dog is rewarded with a big juicy steak.

And if I were the dog's owner, I would be tempted to send the cop a get well card featuring:

http://www.stickthisgraphics.com/images/1293929427534-829650120.jpeg

FindLiberty
04-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, so sign up that lucky dog (before midnight tomorrow) as the officers leg therapy proceeds.

http://www.wagsforhope.org/

Maybe they can become friends?

Don't give the cop too much wiggle room though, so make sure that rehab center has metal detectors and an "absolutely NO GUNS allowed" policy!

RJB
04-20-2014, 06:47 PM
Don't give the cop too much wiggle room though, so make sure that rehab center has metal detectors and an "absolutely NO GUNS allowed" policy!

That idiot shouldn't be carrying a gun. Not just for his safety, but society's (2 and 4 legged) safety.