PDA

View Full Version : Would Warren Buffet endorse Paul?

Rex
11-30-2007, 08:58 PM
It would seem he would like RP's free market stance a good bit..

What are the chances?

F3d
11-30-2007, 08:59 PM

ross11988
11-30-2007, 08:59 PM
nope look into his connections with the Rothschilds and Eugentics. Dont make assumptions

ctb619
11-30-2007, 09:00 PM
He already said he's supporting Clinton or Obama.

shrapnel88
11-30-2007, 09:01 PM
He already said he's supporting Clinton or Obama.

you'd think he'd recognize a bad investment by now huh?

JMO
Correct. he is already endorsing a democratic candidate, cant remember which one.

akovacs
Doubtful. He's actually quite liberally economically if I remember correctly.

forsmant
11-30-2007, 09:03 PM
I think he has donated to both Clinton and Obama. He is a pompous ass.

Paulitician
11-30-2007, 09:06 PM
He wants more taxation last I heard. Huckabee would be great for him!

Vonhayek7
11-30-2007, 09:07 PM
He wants more taxation so his insurance companies can make more money.

angrydragon
11-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Oops wrong guy. I was thinking Trump. hehe

Rex
11-30-2007, 09:08 PM
wow I would have never thought...

voytechs
11-30-2007, 09:09 PM
I think a Ross Perot, is more up our alley. May be Bill Gates and few other billionaires that haven't sold their sole yet to CFR. Its easy to figure out which ones they are. They are the ones that constantly being attacked by the government (for not joining the CFR.)

aroberso
RP has often been compared to Warren Buffet's father, who was also a libertarian congressman. It has been reported that Warren basically rebelled against many of his father's principles, though he did share his accumen for numbers.

You can learn a great deal about Buffet's Daddy on Wikipedia of you look him up there.

So, I agree that Warren probably wouldn't support Dr. Paul, but the paternal connection is interesting.

Thomas Paine
Warren Buffet is a yellow dog Democrat.

bbachtung
11-30-2007, 09:10 PM
No, but his father would have.

Howard Homan Buffett (August 13, 1903 – April 30, 1964) was an Omaha, Nebraska businessman and four-term Republican United States Representative.

Buffett attended public schools and graduated from the University of Nebraska in Lincoln, Nebraska in 1925. While a student, Buffett was a brother of the Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity. Entering the investment business, Buffett also served on the Omaha board of education from 1939 to 1942. In 1942 he ran for the U.S. House of Representatives in the Nebraska district in which Omaha was located, winning the Republican nomination in the primary and then the subsequent general election; he was reelected twice. In 1948 he was again the Republican nominee for another term but was defeated for reelection; however he was again the Republican nominee for the office again in 1950 and won the office back. In 1952 Buffett decided against seeking another term and returned to his investment business Buffett-Falk & Co. in Omaha, in which he worked until shortly before his death.

Buffett is remembered for his highly libertarian stance, having maintained a friendship with Murray Rothbard for a number of years.

Family

Warren Buffett (son), investor/philanthopist
Peter Buffett (grandson)
Howard Graham Buffett (grandson)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Buffett

loupeznik
11-30-2007, 09:20 PM
He is also for the death tax also. He has is millions, nevermind the rest of us.

joshdvm
11-30-2007, 09:20 PM
He's very ignorant and confused economically.

The guy doesn't even know about Marginal Utility:

"I work in a market system that happens to reward what I do very well—disproportionately well. Mike Tyson, too. If you can knock a guy out in 10 seconds and earn $10 million for it, this world will pay a lot for that. If you can bat .360, this world will pay a lot for that. If you're a marvelous teacher, this world won't pay a lot for it. If you are a terrific nurse, this world will not pay a lot for it. Now, am I going to try to come up with some comparable worth system that somehow (re)distributes that? No, I don't think you can do that. But I do think that when you're treated enormously well by this market system, where in effect the market system showers the ability to buy goods and services on you because of some peculiar talent—maybe your adenoids are a certain way, so you can sing and everybody will pay you enormous sums to be on television or whatever—I think society has a big claim on that."--Warren Buffett

Doug Casey labels him (quite correctly) an 'idiot savant':

"My guess is that despite his intelligence, expertise, and generally affable, self-deprecating manner, Buffett is profoundly misanthropic. Like Gates, Buffett has a classic anticapitalistic, limousine-liberal mentality toward money. He says imbecilic things like, "The market system has not worked in terms of poor people" (on a recent "Charlie Rose" show). That matches Bill's incredibly hackneyed and politically correct press conference statement: "We really owe it to society to give back." No, you idiot savant..." (http://libertyunbound.com/archive/2006_11/casey-charity.html)