PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Institute calls Students for Liberty neocons

Matt Collins
04-16-2014, 11:17 PM
http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/neocon-watch/2014/april/15/the-mask-slips-libertarians-call-for-pre-emptive-war.aspx

CaseyJones
04-16-2014, 11:21 PM
Neocon Watch readers may remember Eglė Markevičiūtė. She is the Lithuanian member of the International Executive Board of the Students for Liberty (SFL) who co-wrote, with SFL president Alexander McCobin, an embarrassingly error-riddled attack on Ron Paul over his opposition to US intervention in Ukraine. She is also part of the Young Voices network, which has been recognized for its work by the National Endowment for Democracy, the US government funded regime change organization.

Well Markevičiūtė is back and the mask has dropped. In a recent Daily Caller article, titled, appropriately enough, "Military intervention is the only solution to Russia’s aggression," she calls for the US to launch a pre-emptive war against Russia. She is sick of the US refusal to fight Ukraine's battles and her own. "The Western world’s lack of military action only encourages Putin’s regime," she pouts, channeling her inner Jennifer Rubin.

some of the article

Anti Federalist
04-16-2014, 11:21 PM
I swear, you're just trolling now.

Not only is that simply an unknown link, the headline is indecipherable as well.

twomp
04-16-2014, 11:38 PM
The SFL is run by the Koch brothers, who are trying their best to take steal some of the youth from YAL. We already covered that here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?447799-Ron-Paul-Is-Right-About-Crimea

Natural Citizen
04-17-2014, 12:22 AM
The SFL is run by the Koch brothers, who are trying their best to take steal some of the youth from YAL. We already covered that here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?447799-Ron-Paul-Is-Right-About-Crimea

http://www.runtogold.com/images/man-dog-working-together.jpg

acptulsa
04-17-2014, 02:31 AM

Not only is that simply an unknown link, the headline is indecipherable as well.

Is that trolling or spamming?

I know it's one or the other...

compromise
04-17-2014, 03:46 AM
I had posted the Koch funding numbers around here some place as well for SFL. I'm not looking for it though. Koch is a rather large network of political think tanks. Many of which would march our kids right into battle if it meant that their portfolios were pretty.

Maybe in this list some place. I haven't updated it yet though. Have to get around to doing that, I suppose.

Why do you keep conveniently leaving off Amash & Massie whenever you post that?

Natural Citizen
04-17-2014, 03:53 AM

I don't know. Good question. Angela brought that up too and I never messed with it after that anyhow. I didn't really do it on purpose either is the thing. I was working with it and was actually going over their numbers for that cycle. Just delete the post that you quoted me here and I'll delete the one that I posted here initially. bada bing...

I was going to do an updated list anyhow. I just haven't felt like it.

Besides, the group that collins brought up isn't on it either and I thought they were which is why I added here.

I still don't like the Koch networks shenanigans though but that's beside the point, I suppose.

acptulsa
04-17-2014, 12:45 PM

It seems to be out of date. Bridenstine isn't on it either, but they gave him some for his first campaign a couple of years ago.

Brian4Liberty
04-17-2014, 01:56 PM
Another one of these hairsplitting exercises. Is all of SFL neoconservative? Couldn't be. Are some of the members interventionists that support neoconservative foreign policy? Definitely sounds like there are some like that. Are some of them actual neoconservatives? We'll need more evidence on that. Have any of them been shown to associate with actual neoconservatives?

compromise
04-17-2014, 02:00 PM
One group of libertarians calling another group of libertarians neocons is news these days?

acptulsa
04-17-2014, 02:17 PM

He's getting worse about talking in acronyms than the military.

Isn't this the same person who used to lecture us about using accessible, attention-grabbing headlines that draw people into a thread? What happened?

twomp
04-17-2014, 02:23 PM
One group of libertarians calling another group of libertarians neocons is news these days?

Just because they "call" themselves libertarian doesn't mean the are one. A cornerstone of libertarians is non-intervention. Does this quote from a SFL board member qualify as non-intervention?

The prospect of bloodshed doesn’t deter fanatics: it only emboldens. Even ostensible "libertarians" like Eglė Markevičiūtė – board member of “Students for Liberty,” whose leader recently denounced Ron Paul for supporting Crimea’s right to secede – aren’t immune from the prevailing atmosphere of blood-lust. Here she is in the Daily Caller:

"Military intervention is a taboo topic, especially for war-weary Americans in the wake of Iraq and Afghanistan. However, as the free-market Russian economist Andrei Illarionov contends, ‘Putin must be confronted militarily. I do not mean acts of war. But the West should show a military presence in the Black Sea, for example. This is the only way to stop Putin.’

"Limited military presence, such as an increased NATO presence in the Baltic States and Poland or troop deployment in Ukraine, is something that liberty-minded individuals should reconsider as a preventive measure to stop the spread of Putin’s conquests further into Eastern Europe."

So these "libertarians" want to use our tax money to put OUR troops in Ukraine and you are here of course to defend them as usual. I bet you actually think they are libertarians huh? You know the Republican war-loving wing of libertarians.

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2014/04/15/ukraine-the-acid-test/

Keith and stuff
04-17-2014, 02:57 PM

SFL isn't run by the Koch brothers. Actually, Koch money flows into both SFL and YAL.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-17-2014, 03:08 PM
99.9534333% of people who went into this thread did not know wtf RPIfPP was

Snew
04-17-2014, 03:52 PM
99.9534333% of people who went into this thread did not know wtf RPIfPP was

I have to admit I stared at the title for a minute or two, trying to figure out what it was :P

acptulsa
04-17-2014, 04:04 PM
I have to admit I stared at the title for a minute or two, trying to figure out what it was :P

It's a tradition among professional gossip mongers. Just ask JLo.

Anti Federalist
04-17-2014, 04:08 PM

Isn't this the same person who used to lecture us about using accessible, attention-grabbing headlines that draw people into a thread? What happened?

He's getting his larfs fucking with us, I imagine.

twomp
04-17-2014, 05:36 PM
SFL isn't run by the Koch brothers. Actually, Koch money flows into both SFL and YAL.

Yeah and AIPAC isn't run by Israel because Israel doesn't give them money.

Occam's Banana
04-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Is that trolling or spamming?

I know it's one or the other...

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/black-or-white

:p;)

ObiRandKenobi
04-18-2014, 01:25 AM

i have no idea what this is all about but that was funny lol

Matt Collins
04-18-2014, 10:15 AM
If I had labeled it "The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity Calls Students for Liberty Neocons" then the title would have been too long and wouldn't have been readable in the index thread listing.

acptulsa
04-18-2014, 10:46 AM
If I had labeled it "The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity Calls Students for Liberty Neocons" then the title would have been too long and wouldn't have been readable in the index thread listing.

Instead the title was too short and wasn't readable at all. Congratulations.

You know, there's a thing called an OP, and you really really can put more stuff in it than just a naked link. Like stuff that won't fit in the thread title. And a synopsis. Maybe even a note about which website we're giving views to if we click your link. You know. Stuff.

cajuncocoa
04-18-2014, 10:59 AM
RonPaul Inst.4Peace&Prosperity calls Students4Liberty Neocons...short, but still understandable. You would never survive on Twitter.

Occam's Banana
04-18-2014, 11:02 AM

(No smilies for you.)

Occam's Banana
04-18-2014, 11:05 AM
RonPaul Inst.4Peace&Prosperity calls Students4Liberty Neocons...short, but still understandable. You would never survive on Twitter.

Or "Ron Paul Institute calls Students for Liberty neocons"
Or "Ron Paul Institute calls SFL neocons"
Or "RPI calls Students for Liberty neocons"
Or "RPI calls SFL neocons"

cajuncocoa
04-18-2014, 11:08 AM
Or "Ron Paul Institute calls SFL neocons"
Or "RPI calls Students for Liberty neocons"
Or "RPI calls SFL neocons"
I guess all of this is too easy for http://i.imgur.com/Yr07xf0.gif

Anti Federalist
04-18-2014, 11:38 AM

There now, see, not hard at all.

JK/SEA
04-18-2014, 11:50 AM
He's getting his larfs fucking with us, I imagine.

kinda like spitting onto a sidewalk from a 20 story buliding. The effect is meaningless, but the idea is funny......to only him.

here let me...

Peace&Freedom
04-18-2014, 12:07 PM

SFL is controlled by the Kochs and YAL by Paul/CFL people. The importance of distinguishing neo-con/'big business' conservative influences is the experience of the '70's to the '90's, where neocons who got appointed to positions of influence anywhere in the conservative media or universe tended to hire or appoint other neocons, then purge or demonize anybody who was a true constitutionalist or fully liberty oriented from those organizations.The Kochs tried to do the same to the LP itself as early as the '80s, but were defeated. SFL is one attempt to hollow out the liberty movement from within, yet again.

Anti Federalist
04-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Nice mod edit by jct74

Brian4Liberty
04-18-2014, 03:56 PM
This may be a Captain Obvious moment, but it's not surprising that an international organization like Students for Liberty has a globalist and interventionist mindset. It would not be a shock at all if they also supported gun registration or outright gun bans (for mundanes, of course). Guns are an American "thing", and would not fit in a global Utopia.

Jingles
04-18-2014, 04:41 PM
Um, YAL and SFL are pretty damn good. Just because some random board member is neocon-ish doesn't make us all so. Ever been to a convention? It is like all AnCaps (at least the participants. I can't speak for the speakers or the board of either group) .

Matt Collins
04-18-2014, 06:06 PM
Instead the title was too short and wasn't readable at all. Congratulations.

You know, there's a thing called an OP, and you really really can put more stuff in it than just a naked link. Like stuff that won't fit in the thread title. And a synopsis. Maybe even a note about which website we're giving views to if we click your link. You know. Stuff.

But where is the fun in that?

One of these days I'm just going to put random characters in the subject line with a shortened URL link in the OP. :p

2young2vote
04-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Um, YAL and SFL are pretty damn good. Just because some random board member is neocon-ish doesn't make us all so. Ever been to a convention? It is like all AnCaps (at least the participants. I can't speak for the speakers or the board of either group) .

Yeah, i don't give a darn what a board member says. When I was in SFL a few years ago when I was in school, the "top" of the organization had absolutely NO political or moral influence on the group I was in. They were excellent for supplying materials and information on how to spread the message, but they didn't tell you what the message was.

I went to a Chicago SFL conference in 2010 or so and not a single attendee there was an interventionist. Every last one supported Ron Paul.

ProIndividual
04-18-2014, 09:48 PM
I don't think we should use a broad brush on any collective group (saying an entire organization is X, Y, or Z)...that's not individualist libertarian thinking. However, interventionists cannot be libertarians...it's logically impossible, given the meaning of "libertarianism".

Lord Xar
04-18-2014, 10:59 PM
btw - speaking of the institute -- I am looking for a shirt, but they don't seem to be selling any merch.

acptulsa
04-18-2014, 11:07 PM

One of these days I'm just going to put random characters in the subject line with a shortened URL link in the OP. :p

There are no trolls. There's only trollish behavior.

There are no trolls. There's only trollish behavior.

There are no trolls. There's only trollish behavior...

Anti Federalist
04-18-2014, 11:15 PM

See?

I knew it...

Just trolling us for shits and giggles.

BucksforPaul
04-18-2014, 11:24 PM

Maybe you could offer the "one" group some free Beck website subscriptions to shut them up for liberty's sake [mod edit]. Say something zio-con and [mod edit]

BucksforPaul
04-18-2014, 11:30 PM
Don't you guys know that the Koch brother stand for liberty just because they donated a few FRNs to some real human beings. Since they donated to a few real liberty candidates they must be good. So shut the fuck up and go along to get along. [mod edit]

Cap
04-19-2014, 03:22 AM

Why don't you find yourself a girlfriend ...or a boyfriend? Your problem is quite obvious.

Occam's Banana
04-19-2014, 01:38 PM

Be sure to give us a heads up if you actually start doing this. Otherwise, we might not be able to tell the difference ...