PDA

View Full Version : Cop loses it on video, and it is actually just plain funny!

Uriel999
04-16-2014, 07:46 PM
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/guy-law-cop-blows-fuse-3-2-1

I think he really needs a "liter of cola." :D

RJB
04-16-2014, 07:51 PM
LOL. Thanks for making my evening.

eduardo89
04-16-2014, 07:54 PM
I think he really needs a "liter of cola." :D

+rep for a reference to one of my favourite movies from my teenage years.

Natural Citizen
04-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Heh. That was great.

Henry Rogue
04-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Cop should be prosecuted for assault. Cop split in the guys face. I've seen stories where the mundane was charged with assault for spitting in a cop's face.

Anti Federalist
04-16-2014, 09:16 PM
While I'd like to laugh, under different circumstances the man in the truck could have easily found himself shot.

Danke
04-16-2014, 09:27 PM
While I'd like to laugh, under different circumstances the man in the truck could have easily found himself shot.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfFI4MM3N4WFOedkqu6TDPeZb8nnKY-RUFdOBB9kjPHQACM4fr8BsChOZD

brushfire
04-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Just when it was getting good, they run out of tape.

aGameOfThrones
04-16-2014, 09:38 PM
other cop was actually... not bad. How many doughnuts do you think he ate that day?

AFPVet
04-16-2014, 09:39 PM

+rep (out of ammo) I'm glad he wasn't... but yeah... this isn't the time to play legal games. Standing back and recording is cool, but this cop "felt" like he was obstructing justice.... Be careful out their folks!

brushfire
04-16-2014, 09:42 PM
If there's nobody to push back, "they" stand unopposed. I'm glad that man and his passenger are willing to take the time/risk. I could really care less about making "their jobs" easier.

MikeStanart
04-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Props for the other cop for having a level-headed attitude.

AFPVet
04-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Props for the other cop for having a level-headed attitude.

Agreed! +rep

youngbuck
04-16-2014, 10:43 PM
Imagine if there wasn't another cop present to keep the mentally challenged one in check, and if there was no camera. Or worse, no camera, and a 2nd mentally challenged cop - the driver would have probably been beaten and tased.

Dogsoldier
04-16-2014, 11:44 PM
I guarantee you he was a bully in school. Who wants to bet 20 bucks on it?

Either that or he was bullied and that's why he became a cop for the power trip.

Natural Citizen
04-16-2014, 11:59 PM
...he was bullied and that's why he became a cop for the power trip.

I'd say this right here. Seriously too. Loud or not, he had fear in his voice. You could sense it. Easily. Some resentment too. Probably more resentment. Makes him dangerous when placed into a position of power over other human beings. As was mentioned, be thankful that this was a controlled situation where the confrontation was being recorded.

libertyjam
04-17-2014, 07:30 AM
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/connecticut-cop-sentenced-30-months-prison-arresting-priest-recording/

Connecticut Cop Sentenced to 30 Months in Prison After Arresting Priest for Recording

A New Haven cop who claimed he was in fear for his life when he arrested a priest for video recording him as he bullied an Ecuadorian immigrant in a convenience store was sentenced to 30 months in prison Tuesday, indicating that justice prevails every once in a while.

Even if the cop was allowed to retire with a full pension.

The 2009 incident, which went viral, opened a federal investigation against David Cari and several other officers, revealing that they were engaging in an ongoing harassment campaign against the immigrants living in that community.

But it was only because Father James Manship filed a federal complaint after his charges were dropped two weeks after his arrest.

And it was only because it was all caught on video.

According to a 2009 New York Times article:

Latino merchants in this New Haven suburb have been complaining for months that they get a disproportionately large share of attention from the local police. Officers, they say, have harassed them and their customers by lingering outside shops, stopping cars and demanding to see driver’s licenses.

But their complaints were largely confined to grumbling among themselves and at a local church until Feb. 19, when a white American priest was arrested.

The priest, the Rev. James Manship, who was videotaping a police visit to an Ecuadorean-owned grocery store on Main Street when he was led off in handcuffs, has become an unlikely symbol of racial profiling, charged with disorderly conduct and interfering with the police.

On Thursday, more than a dozen East Haven residents joined the priest at a news conference in New Haven to release the brief tape he made of the encounter.

Father Manship, who had been advising the merchants, was in My Country Store taping two police officers as they confiscated the owner’s collection of license plates. In the arrest report, Officer David Cari said he grew concerned when the priest approached the officers and failed to identify an object cupped in his hands. Officer Cari wrote in the report that he felt “unsafe.”

But in the 14-second video, which can be seen on the Web site newhavenindependent.org, the officer can be heard asking the priest: “Sir what are you doing? Is there a reason that you have a camera on me?” Father Manship replies, “I’m taking a video of what’s going on here.”

The federal investigation led to the arrest and conviction of four officers.

The sentencing for Cari’s fellow convicted ex-cop, Dennis Spaulding, was postponed until Thursday due to snow.

The other two former cops — John Miller and Jason Zullo — reached an agreement with federal prosecutors in which they pled guilty to crimes unrelated to racial profiling, according to The New Haven Register. Zullo received a jail sentence of two years, while Miller faces sentencing in February.

This story reprinted from PINAC.com

The sentencing for Cari’s fellow convicted ex-cop, Dennis Spaulding, was postponed until Thursday due to snow.
The other two former cops — John Miller and Jason Zullo — reached an agreement with federal prosecutors in which they pled guilty to crimes unrelated to racial profiling, according to The New Haven Register. Zullo received a jail sentence of two years, while Miller faces sentencing in February.
This story reprinted from PINAC.com (http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2014/01/22/connecticut-cop-sentenced-30-months-prison-arresting-priest-recording/)

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/connecticut-cop-sentenced-30-months-prison-arresting-priest-recording/#EO3QPTrqIJudRD5J.99

Origanalist
04-17-2014, 07:48 AM
'roids'

Henry Rogue
04-17-2014, 06:12 PM
other cop was actually... not bad. How many doughnuts do you think he ate that day?
The question is why. Did cop number two, care about the people in the car or did he care about his buddy getting himself in trouble do to video surveillance. My guess is, he was more concerned about his buddy.

CaptUSA
04-17-2014, 06:25 PM
You gotta give him credit for how long he tried to maintained his composure. Lol. Eventually, it just became too much for him.
http://www.teesforall.com/images/South_Park_Authority_3D_White_Shirt.jpg

Brian4Liberty
04-17-2014, 06:39 PM

muh_roads
04-17-2014, 06:54 PM
That was awesome.

Natural Citizen
04-17-2014, 07:01 PM
How many doughnuts do you think he ate that day?

This is a common misconception about police. I know that the one here is kind of Baby Hueyish but I used to spar with police a lot at the gym. They're fit for the most part. The ones you're most likely to run into at least.

heavenlyboy34
04-17-2014, 07:03 PM
'roids'
That^^ Beat me to it, daggumitt. That's more than a Chris Farley-esque tantrum in the OP. That's rage right there.

heavenlyboy34
04-17-2014, 07:05 PM
This is a common misconception about police. I know that the one here is kind of Baby Hueyish but I used to spar with police a lot at the gym. They're fit for the most part. The ones you're most likely to run into at least.
Wouldn't surprise me. When you can train at the expense of tax-paying mundanes, you can train quite a bit, I reckon.