PDA

View Full Version : Texas Man Gets 18 Months in Prison for Public Urination

SeanTX
04-16-2014, 08:58 AM
I know of a woman locally who was violently attacked on the street, and the attacker was sentenced to write a letter of apology and do some community service. This guy gets 18 months with no possibility of parole for pissing on something. They'll probably have to give an early release to a murderer or rapist to make room for this guy.

Man Sentenced To 18 Months For Peeing On The Alamo
April 15, 2014
By Albert Salazar

danielathens

A man who lacks original ideas was sentenced to 18 months in state prison yesterday for urinating on the Alamo. No, you haven’t been magically transported to 1982, and, no, that man is not Ozzy Osbourne.

Meet Daniel Athens. The 23-year-old El Paso resident recently pleaded guilty to criminal mischief in February for not walking the 20 steps it takes to relieve himself at the Menger Hotel, as most people who find themselves with an aching bladder while standing front of the Shrine of Texas Liberty are wont to do.

He was caught penis-handed by an Alamo Ranger when he was found in a chained-off area, standing near a conspicuous puddle of urine, according to The Smoking Gun. The offending incident took place in 2012.

Athens, who was visibly inebriated when he was caught defiling the monument to Texas independence, faced two years in prison, but the sentence was reduced as part of a plea deal. He is not eligible for parole and must serve the entirety of his 18-month sentence, where he’ll presumably reconsider his piss-poor judgment.

Presiding District Judge Ray Olivarri also ordered Athens to pay $4,000 in restitution.

snip.

Carlybee
04-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Um...one does not just piss on the Alamo.

RJB
04-16-2014, 09:08 AM
Presiding District Judge Ray Olivarri also ordered Athens to pay $4,000 in restitution.

Restitution? He fertilized plants.

Ronin Truth
04-16-2014, 09:42 AM
I'll bet peeing his pants does not look like such a bad option now.

kahless
04-16-2014, 09:52 AM
I feel safe now.

SeanTX
04-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Um...one does not just piss on the Alamo.

I read somewhere that incarcerating him for 18 months will cost the taxpayers around $32,000 . A week or two in county jail (a more reasonable punishment) would cost far less. That is if he even really needs to be caged at all. However, emotional patriotism/statism usually wins out over common sense.

And while he just pissed on the Alamo, the state of Texas has been pissing all over us and our rights for years (DPS performing roadside fingerings on women motorists, etc). I think the men who died at the Alamo would be more appalled over that than over some drunk taking a leak.

JustinTime
04-16-2014, 02:38 PM
The ridiculous senetence does far more to piss on Texas liberty than the actual pissing did.

LibForestPaul
04-16-2014, 03:14 PM
99% of Texans want him hanged.

LibertyEagle
04-16-2014, 03:38 PM
99% of Texans want him hanged.

No they don't. Do you even live in Texas?

Philhelm
04-16-2014, 03:44 PM
I wonder where the defenders of the Alamo went to relieve themselves during the siege...?

Danke
04-16-2014, 03:46 PM
No they don't. Do you even live in Texas?

I think he meant to say "true Texans."

Danke
04-16-2014, 03:46 PM
I wonder where the defenders of the Alamo went to relieve themselves during the siege...?

They all got the death penalty.

jkr
04-16-2014, 03:47 PM
...curb stop your boss and scar him for life, PROMOTION ( & pension)!

LibertyEagle
04-16-2014, 03:49 PM
I heard about this on the news last night and I remember thinking how perverted it was. Men gave their lives at the Alamo so that a kid could be jailed for peeing on some stone? Seriously? Very sad.

Philhelm
04-16-2014, 03:56 PM
I heard about this on the news last night and I remember thinking how perverted it was. Men gave their lives at the Alamo so that a kid could be jailed for peeing on some stone? Seriously? Very sad.

It's apparent that the men of the Alamo certainly didn't give their lives for freedom.

04-16-2014, 03:57 PM
I read somewhere that incarcerating him for 18 months will cost the taxpayers around $32,000 . A week or two in county jail (a more reasonable punishment) would cost far less. That is if he even really needs to be caged at all. However, emotional patriotism/statism usually wins out over common sense.

And while he just pissed on the Alamo, the state of Texas has been pissing all over us and our rights for years (DPS performing roadside fingerings on women motorists, etc). I think the men who died at the Alamo would be more appalled over that than over some drunk taking a leak.

That was my first thought. I'd wager that the defenders of the Alamo also pissed on the walls of it.

Dr.3D
04-16-2014, 04:03 PM
It's apparent that the men of the Alamo certainly didn't give their lives for freedom.
Well, if that was even part of what they gave their lives for, at this point, it becomes apparent, that part was a wasted effort.

Philhelm
04-16-2014, 04:05 PM
That was my first thought. I'd wager that the defenders of the Alamo also pissed on the walls of it.

Or worse. David Bowie probably received a blumpkin from a Mexican whore in the Alamo chapel.

mad cow
04-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Or worse. David Bowie probably received a blumpkin from a Mexican whore in the Alamo chapel.

...Gets me to the church on time.

Pericles
04-16-2014, 04:24 PM
When I was a kid, it was a relatively free country.

RJB
04-16-2014, 04:24 PM

Santa Ana provided them porta-potties?

MelissaWV
04-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Did he at least dodge the sex offender registry?

phill4paul
04-16-2014, 05:03 PM

Should have claimed to be a reenactor and shouted..."Remember the Alimony!"

amy31416
04-16-2014, 05:18 PM
I love nature and romping through the woods, but I've peed on it plenty of times. (Can't wait to see Danke's comment on this.)

pcosmar
04-16-2014, 05:23 PM
I love nature and romping through the woods, but I've peed on it plenty of times. (Can't wait to see Danke's comment on this.)

Nature needs watering from time to time.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-16-2014, 05:24 PM
Misleading topic is misleading.

amy31416
04-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Nature needs watering from time to time.

And fertilizer.

pcosmar
04-16-2014, 05:40 PM
And fertilizer.

Ah,, you've seen my yard. ;)

amy31416
04-16-2014, 05:55 PM
Ah,, you've seen my yard. ;)

Danke showed me the pics. :)

SeanTX
04-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Misleading topic is misleading.

How so ? Are you another statist wanting to waste my tax money on keeping a public urinator in prison for 1.5 years, while violent criminals get to write letters of apology and do community service ?

Carlybee
04-16-2014, 06:26 PM
How so ? Are you another statist wanting to waste my tax money on keeping a public urinator in prison for 1.5 years, while violent criminals get to write letters of apology and do community service ?

Right or wrong as the punishment goes, anyone with half a brain knows that the law in San Antonio takes peeing on the Alamo pretty seriously. It was also a mission and a lot of people there are Catholic. I'm not surprised at the punishment given the history of what happens when people do that so I'm not sure why anyone is shocked over it, however I'm sure you could donate to his appeal.

Danke
04-16-2014, 06:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGB1BRzV0GM

Contumacious
04-16-2014, 06:29 PM
Texas Man Gets 18 Months in Prison for Public Urination .

Texas is a Theocracy.

Southern Baptists do not appreciate folks who expose their penises.

He is lucky he wasn't sentenced to death.

The morale of the story is that you must piss and pray at the same time.

Hallelujah.

phill4paul
04-16-2014, 06:40 PM
Right or wrong as the punishment goes, anyone with half a brain knows that the law in San Antonio takes peeing on the Alamo pretty seriously. It was also a mission and a lot of people there are Catholic. I'm not surprised at the punishment given the history of what happens when people do that so I'm not sure why anyone is shocked over it, however I'm sure you could donate to his appeal.

Hey, all he needs to do is donate $10k to the Daughters of the Republic of Texas and he is good to go. It's been done before. Perhaps taxpayers could do that and save themselves $20k.?

Carlybee
04-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Hey, all he needs to do is donate $10k to the Daughters of the Republic of Texas and he is good to go. It's been done before. Perhaps taxpayers could do that and save themselves $20k.?

Look if it was my call he would get a slap on the wrist and some community service. I'm just saying it was pretty stupid on his part knowing how they are about the Alamo.

phill4paul
04-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Look if it was my call he would get a slap on the wrist and some community service. I'm just saying it was pretty stupid on his part knowing how they are about the Alamo.

23 year old. How much was he taught about history in today's indoctrination centers? Lol. Stupid. Yes. I agree. I wonder if he would have gotten 18 months anywhere else in Texass.

Brian4Liberty
04-16-2014, 07:08 PM
I feel safe now.

Much safer.

brushfire
04-16-2014, 07:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=411cTWwxFu8

Brian4Liberty
04-16-2014, 07:10 PM
Texas is a Theocracy.

Hallelujah.

"Oh noes! Sharia Law is coming to America! It will be terrible!" Hold on...

Brian4Liberty
04-16-2014, 07:12 PM
"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

Is that one gone too?

phill4paul
04-16-2014, 07:14 PM
"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

Is that one gone too?

It's all gone.

Carlybee
04-16-2014, 07:37 PM
23 year old. How much was he taught about history in today's indoctrination centers? Lol. Stupid. Yes. I agree. I wonder if he would have gotten 18 months anywhere else in Texass.

I doubt it but like I said everyone knows how they feel about peeing on the Alamo. He kind of rolled the dice on that one. I don't think they care about his level of ignorance. If someone peed on the Washington monument they'd probably get something similar.

Danke
04-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Texas is a Theocracy.

Hallelujah.

Has this guy been to Texas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

Pericles
04-16-2014, 09:46 PM
Has this guy been to Texas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

He wouldn't make it out of Texas alive, and be sure to remove your hat when you say or type Alamo.

MikeStanart
04-16-2014, 09:55 PM
AS A TEXAN:

This sentence is DEPLORABLE. For freak's sake, what moronic district attorney pursued this sentence? The brave men who gave their lives at the Alamo are rolling over in their graves for such a ridiculous sentence.

Give the young punk community service. Road Crew. No animal shelters. Or retirement homes. Make him work a bit. Give him the opportunity to learn from his foolish mistakes.

But for heaven's sake, PRISON? Yeah, lets ruin a kid's life by sticking him in a hole with hardened criminals. Ridiculous!

Carson
04-16-2014, 10:07 PM
I've done some pretty fancy peeing in my day but I couldn't imagine what this guy did to get a year and a half sentence.

I laughed out loud when I read pee'd on the Alamo. Something like that could leave serious divots in the adobe!

LibertyEagle
04-16-2014, 10:41 PM
When I was a kid, it was a relatively free country.

Same for me.

LibertyEagle
04-16-2014, 10:42 PM
I doubt it but like I said everyone knows how they feel about peeing on the Alamo. He kind of rolled the dice on that one. I don't think they care about his level of ignorance. If someone peed on the Washington monument they'd probably get something similar.

And that would be stupid too.

Mani
04-16-2014, 11:10 PM
I'll never forget this guy:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/06/cleveland_browns_fans_stunned.html

Dante Stallworth was drunk and killed a guy and served 24 out of 30 days in jail. It was a while ago, but I always thought...Damn...someone is dead and he gets 30 days in jail and 2 years house arrest.

This guy takes a piss and is going to spend 18 months in jail. Wow. Just wow.

DamianTV
04-17-2014, 01:21 AM
I'll never forget this guy:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/06/cleveland_browns_fans_stunned.html

Dante Stallworth was drunk and killed a guy and served 24 out of 30 days in jail. It was a while ago, but I always thought...Damn...someone is dead and he gets 30 days in jail and 2 years house arrest.

This guy takes a piss and is going to spend 18 months in jail. Wow. Just wow.

It just goes to show how little value our "Just-Us" system places on human life. Human Trafficking? Thats a whole different ball of wax.

Philhelm
04-17-2014, 10:54 AM
What's the penalty for taking a dump on the White House lawn? (Rhetorical question - the answer is, quite clearly, death)

tod evans
04-17-2014, 11:08 AM
AS A TEXAN:

This sentence is DEPLORABLE. For freak's sake, what moronic district attorney pursued this sentence?

Until the people drag these rogue DA's out of their plush little offices and publically humiliate them for their lunacy this BS will continue to escalate..

Dr.3D
04-17-2014, 11:14 AM
He was probably upset he couldn't find the basement and the bicycle.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3635/3578009616_de57fce101.jpg

SeanTX
04-17-2014, 11:55 AM
AS A TEXAN:

This sentence is DEPLORABLE. For freak's sake, what moronic district attorney pursued this sentence? The brave men who gave their lives at the Alamo are rolling over in their graves for such a ridiculous sentence.

Give the young punk community service. Road Crew. No animal shelters. Or retirement homes. Make him work a bit. Give him the opportunity to learn from his foolish mistakes.

But for heaven's sake, PRISON? Yeah, lets ruin a kid's life by sticking him in a hole with hardened criminals. Ridiculous!

Yes, THIS. This dumbass is probably going to end up being a hardcore career criminal in the future, just because he did a dumbass, immature thing. He will likely be unemployable after doing a stretch of hard time in the state pen, all because he peed on some limestone.

Not that he doesn't deserve some punishment/correction, but it needs to be something more reasonable. Maybe something like the "letter of apology and community service" thing that men who violently attack women are sometimes "punished" with here in Lubbock.

He'd be in far less trouble if he had just gone up to some female tourist there at the Alamo and tried to rape her (if it were a first-time offense, he'd probably be facing no jail time). The fact that such a thing is even possible is more of a desecration to what those men died for than his peeing on some limestone.

Yay for our great Texas JustUs system! Defending the honor of the long-dead Texas Republic, while turning a once free land into a police state (draconian punishments for minor crimes, State Troopers allowed to commit roadside rapes and arrest legal open carriers of firearms, etc).