PDA

View Full Version : New begining

voytechs
11-30-2007, 08:38 PM
When Dr. Paul wins we're going to need some new beginnings. First, the congress needs to fall in place. Some of the existing congressmen will get swept with the freedom movement and offer no resistance, others will have to be replaced at the polls.

In order to make that happen, we're going to need a national news network that is independent of existing moguls that control everything else. It needs to be national and prime time. I think the truth will be a lot more exciting to watch then old beat up and propped up frill news.

Imagine corruption scandals of the federal reserve, congress, senate, executive, and judicial branches exposed daily. Whistle blowers coming out from underneath the ground like zombies. Just the US budget (David Walker) alone could win Emmies on its own. The other networks will have to fall in line, since they will loose majority of their revenues. We will see some real reporting once again, for most of us for the first time in our lives.

Without such a network, where people can tune in for the truth, it will be a much harder to get our house in order.

Kap
11-30-2007, 08:52 PM
That's a great thought. With all of the talk of either rescuing the GOP or creating a third party movement.

Personally, I'd love to see the Neoconservatives go the way of the dinosaur and a new, third party enter the political arena.

Thomas Paine
11-30-2007, 08:56 PM
I'd prefer taking over the GOP. More and more of the rank and file are growing disillusioned with the neocon hijackers of the GOP with each passing day.

After we get Ron Paul elected as President, our next mission will be to launch challenges against RINO congressmen in GOP congressional primaries in 2010 and make Congressman Mike Pence from Indiana the next Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.

billjarrett
11-30-2007, 08:59 PM
I agree, but I don't see that happening right away.

What we need to do after Dr. Paul wins is to continue the grassroots movement of liberty. Although at the moment we are his grassrooters we shouldn't take our gloves off after he wins the presidency.

voytechs
11-30-2007, 09:01 PM
I think the people will decide. Personally I'd like to rescue the GOP. There is a lot of history to it, before the previous century. But I doubt we'll be in a position to make such a determination. It will be whatever the populace will want it to be. As long as its stands for individual liberty and the constitution.

ronpaulfollower999
11-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Didn't the original Republic party start off as a 3rd party?

voytechs
11-30-2007, 09:06 PM
I agree, but I don't see that happening right away.

What we need to do after Dr. Paul wins is to continue the grassroots movement of liberty. Although at the moment we are his grassrooters we shouldn't take our gloves off after he wins the presidency.

Absolutely! It will take a long time to undo the damage, we're in for the long haul. I think most of us should seriously consider, deep down to our core, about running for public office. Even if it means 2 jobs. Dr. Paul did it. He was a congressman during the week and a OB/GYN on the weekends. And I don't mean just start with the congress. We need to start bottom up, top down, sideways and long ways. Same thing goes for judges.

Thomas Paine
11-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Yes, the GOP started as a 3rd Party. The GOP was originally called the Free Soil party in the 1850s and was comprised of northern Democrats (disillusioned by the rise of the Southern Nullifiers in their party), abolitionist Whigs (who were outcasts by conservative Whigs who didn't want to upset southern states), farmers (true Jeffersonian Republicans) and labor unions (opposed to slavery for self-evident reasons).

The rise of the Free Soil party/GOP was not only successful but meteoric compared to prior 3rd parties that failed to displace the mid-18th century two-party system comprised of Jacksonian Democrats and the Whigs. The reasons underyling the meteoric rise of the Free Soil party/GOP was the Kansas-Nebraska Act (which was a renege on the Missouri compromise 25 years earlier), the Fugitive Slave Act and the Dred Scott decision (all within a 10 year span). The foregoing acts by Congress and the Supreme Court respectively finally convinced many northerners that the South was not only going to prevent slavery from fading away into extinction as originally hoped for by Jefferson and other Founding Fathers but would also seek to extend slavery into the northern states.

Hence, "states rights" as an original GOP principle had nothing to do with protecting slavery or discrimination against Blacks in southern states but protecting the northern states' rights to exclude slavery from within a state's or territory's sovereign borders. Just prior to the outbreak of the Civil War, southerners in Congress were starting to discuss how the federal government could override a northern state's laws against slavery.

Shink
11-30-2007, 09:41 PM
When Dr. Paul wins we're going to need some new beginnings. First, the congress needs to fall in place. Some of the existing congressmen will get swept with the freedom movement and offer no resistance, others will have to be replaced at the polls.

In order to make that happen, we're going to need a national news network that is independent of existing moguls that control everything else. It needs to be national and prime time. I think the truth will be a lot more exciting to watch then old beat up and propped up frill news.

Imagine corruption scandals of the federal reserve, congress, senate, executive, and judicial branches exposed daily. Whistle blowers coming out from underneath the ground like zombies. Just the US budget (David Walker) alone could win Emmies on its own. The other networks will have to fall in line, since they will loose majority of their revenues. We will see some real reporting once again, for most of us for the first time in our lives.

Without such a network, where people can tune in for the truth, it will be a much harder to get our house in order.

I've thought the same thing for months. I wonder if it's possible to start up--if not a channel, at least a regular news/discussion show.

How to start it up? I think a donation based show/channel could possibly work out...

The content would be easier than the startup.

JDeVriese
11-30-2007, 09:49 PM
I have seen this before but cannot for the life of me remember who originally said it. What if we get a list together of all the people running for congressional office in each state who most resemble Dr. Paul's philosophies? That way, we can work to elect our own freedom brigade to go with putting Dr. Paul in the White House? Just a thought.

Bestboss
11-30-2007, 11:05 PM
We would like to think that Dr. Paul will be the end all solution to out problems. But the chain reaction and reality is, that we will have to fight Congress much of the way. Money and power are not easily taken away.
With potentially less Federal government, the states will step up and soon ask for more money. Here in Michigan, we have a Capital with an appetite for spending. Cutting back in any meaningful way, is just not done.
Yet if we start at the top, and are successful, trickling that down to the state and local levels will be the subsiquent steps. Maybe that's why our Governor was so eager to endorse Ms. Clinton early on?

MikeStanart
11-30-2007, 11:09 PM
This is the brewing ground for future Elected Officials.

This doesn't stop at RP.

We will be here as a community helping others get elected.