PDA

View Full Version : "The begining of the end" on todays money bomb.

kevinblack
11-30-2007, 08:35 PM
EDIT removing link. per discussion in thread. Sorry!

"News today that Ron Paulís recent fund raising efforts have fallen short of their initial goals illustrates that the libertarianís kamikaze run through the Republican Primaries might finally be reaching its inevitable end"

pacelli
11-30-2007, 08:39 PM
I'd rather prefer to think that it is the end of the beginning.

Mandrik
11-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Hahahahahaha

fireinme
Read this and come to your own conclusion. They are saying

the very first comment says this
I guess all the trust fund brats backing Paul have maxed out their parents credit cards.

Latest Paul money bomb looks like dud (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7119.html)

Let us prove them wrong

ItsTime
This website has NO traffic.... it must be yours... stop spamming thank you

stown
11-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Pooh....hogwash.....

Anyone that can pull in almost (and probably) a half million in one day should not be marginalized.

Doriath
11-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Read this and come to your own conclusion. They are saying

the very first comment says this

Latest Paul money bomb looks like dud (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7119.html)

Let us prove them wrong

Politico is already back off...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7105.html

synthetic
11-30-2007, 08:48 PM

QFT

MarcS
11-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Right, so we raise half a million dollars today and it's the beginning of the end...so, what's the largest moneybomb total for any other candidate?

voytechs
11-30-2007, 08:51 PM
I think Schweitzer in German means "Bullshit" (I shit you not).

mkrfctr
11-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Don't feed the TROLLing blog sites

bobmurph
11-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Enough with the negative thread titles! For cryin' out loud! Half Million in one day and you guys are talking like its the end of the world!!?? Not to mention this event was planned 8 days ago!??

If you're posting negative thread titles...on a day like today...consider yourself a troll.

Thomas Paine
11-30-2007, 09:00 PM
In the immortal words of Commodore John Paul Jones, "Sir, we have not yet begun to fight!"

Naraku
11-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Here's a little comment I made:

Amazing. $500,000 in a day is somehow a sign that the campaign is falling?

Someone hasnít heard about the Tea Party on December 16th, the real reason this was not able to get the campaign to $12 million. Odd considering the very story you give cites that exact fact, that this did not succeed because many are saving for that day.

Nearly 22,000 people have signed up for that already almost 4,000 more than November 5th and there are 16 days left for that to build steam. Never mind if itís anything like November 5th there will be many who do not pledge, but still donate. If itís anything like today in terms of pledges and donors then it will be an amazing day, history-making day and you will be eating crow as three times as many people donated as pledged today.

Unfortunately this was predictable in the ADD generation that not being able to repeat November 5th quickly would lead to people saying Ron Paulís support is fading. However, even today Ron Paul is attracting more supporters. People who have never donated before donated today and supporters of all colors seem to be flocking to Ron Paul.

This will be a $1 million week or more and $12 million is just around the corner now thanks to this event. With $12 million by December 16th and the inevitable success from that day, this campaign will have a giant war chest to go into the primaries! Maybe weíll fly the Ron Paul blimp over your house!

bobmurph
11-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Maybe we'll fly the blimp over your house

:D Awesome!

Now is the time to really start getting pumped. Today is going to give us momentum over the next 16 days to make Dec. 16th go down in history. The 16th is the opporutinity for every voter in this country to finally make a statement. No more bitching, whining or excuses about the politicians in this country. If you want change, and you want a leader who will restore our liberty, and give us real solutions to foreign threats to US soverignty, economy, and national security, then you MUST donate to Ron Paul on December 16th. The candidate you've been waiting for has finally arrived.

Kuldebar
11-30-2007, 09:10 PM

QFT

Come on, peeps! Use some perspective here.

Daveforliberty
11-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Dewey Defeats Truman!

tomaO2
11-30-2007, 09:12 PM
2.5 million was wildly optimistic. Trevor made a HUGE mistake by setting that for a goal. He continually talked about it even though we only had 1000-2000 subscibers. How on earth was that suppost to translate into 2.5 million?

He made a media relations disaster by that and should have known better.

This was not meant to be a money bomb but a money grenade which was the original intention before everyone got gredy with multi million dollar ideas even though the number of pledges didn't back it up.

As a money grenade we did great. We did over 200 times the amot of dollars as we did in pledges just like for November 5th. So that bodes well for another 4 million dollar day on December 16th. So it's all good and we'll get the last laugh... It's just that we'll also have to take an unnecessary drubbing too.

I hope Trevor and the rest of you has learned a lession from this. We can expect around 200-300 times the amount of money that we get in pledges so if we want to make ten million it's pretty cleart that with 22,000ish pledges only we are not really there yet. We'll be needing 50k at least.

bobmurph
11-30-2007, 09:19 PM
2.5 million was wildly optimistic. Trevor made a HUGE mistake by setting that for a goal. He continually talked about it even though we only had 1000-2000 subscibers. How on earth was that suppost to translate into 2.5 million?

He made a media relations disaster by that and should have known better.

This was not meant to be a money bomb but a money grenade which was the original intention before everyone got gredy with multi million dollar ideas even though the number of pledges didn't back it up.

As a money grenade we did great. We did over 200 times the amot of dollars as we did in pledges just like for November 5th. So that bodes well for another 4 million dollar day on December 16th. So it's all good and we'll get the last laugh... It's just that we'll also have to take an unnecessary drubbing too.

I hope Trevor and the rest of you has learned a lession from this. We can expect around 200-300 times the amount of money that we get in pledges so if we want to make ten million it's pretty cleart that with 22,000ish pledges only we are not really there yet. We'll be needing 50k at least.

Ultimately, the goals really don't mean anything. Any media attention to this money bombs is secondary to the prime objective, which is simply fundraising for advertisment to get us through primary season. If we fall short of a goal its a blurb in an article that few read anyway. I'm not really worried about headlines that say:

Ron Paul ONLY raises half a million in one day. What a joke. Dec 16th is going to be huge. It doesn't matter what the goal is. The ultimate goal is the funds to runa first class campaign...the media is secondary...and at this point...any press is still good press

erin moore
11-30-2007, 09:49 PM
This was my response to the Politico negative spin on our outstanding Friday. Have a great weekend guys.

You know, my husband's active duty salary hasn't allowed us to quite contribute the max yet but we'll get there. RonPaulGraphs dotcom show the average donation size, check it out for yourself, its right at $100. Nov 5th had a $10 million goal. Goals are just that, we raised 4.3 that day and 500K today. He needs the money now and those that could afford Extra gave today, as we did. Those who couldn't are saving up for Dec 16th. Spin, spin, spin. Just remember, why is it that you have to spin in the first place? Something threatening the status quo? hmmm.

RadioDJforPaul
11-30-2007, 10:07 PM
LOL...these people truly have no idea about what is gonna hit them on December 16th. I cant wait to see them crap their pants...AGAIN!

Mark Mosconi
11-30-2007, 10:25 PM

Similar to how 22,000 subscribers will translate into $10 million on December 16th?
You have to set a goal at something, and we all know that more people donate than sign up for the pledges. Over 6500 people donated today, only around 2200 pledged. It was optimistic due to the timing of it, and I'm a bit disappointed we didn't reach it, but we still had a big day and we will have a much bigger one come Tea Party.

pacelli
11-30-2007, 10:28 PM
I hereby proclaim this 30th day of November as the END OF OUR GRASSROOTS INFANCY. No longer will we permit the parental mainstream media to control our feelings and beliefs about the dire economic situation that we find ourselves in here in america. We clearly see a positive future, and that future is evident in President Ron Paul. Our grassroots efforts have matured from infancy into adulthood. We are now a fully functional grassroots movement, with kinks here and there, but it is most certainly not the beginning of the end. In fact, it is the END of the BEGINNING. There will be much, much, more to see and experience- all for the love of life and liberty. We invite anyone to view Dr. Paul's videos online, research his points for yourself, and consider standing with us in our campaign of freedom. We stand behind Dr. Paul's vision of America because Dr. Paul is a man of knowledge, with the voting record consistency to back up his vision. Simply put, he walks the talk. Would you?

literatim
11-30-2007, 10:30 PM
I just hope Trevor learns from this.

Indy Vidual
11-30-2007, 10:38 PM

Why?
Has he been appointed official grass-roots leader?
We are supposed to be decentralized, and working towards a common goal.

NinjaPirate
11-30-2007, 10:50 PM

Really? And can YOU pull anything remotely close to what he's done???

me3
11-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I'm really disappointed at Trevor for being wildly optimistic about the grassroots.

I wish he was more reserved and careful. I wish he set a goal that was reachable, instead of a goal that probably inspired a lot more donors.

Why can't Trevor just be quiet, and never do anything that upsets anyone? Why does he take risks and make these silly personal sacrifices in time and criticism to raise money for Dr. Paul?

Who does he think he is taking all of this initiative, while moving back to New Hampshire to support Dr. Paul?

I think we should promote Tea Party as a $2 million money bomb, that way no one will be disappointed.

NOT.

atthegates
11-30-2007, 11:23 PM
I'm fairly satisfied with what we were able to raise today. We surpassed the totals of Thompson, Rudy, and Mitt from the last quarter after all, and i bet that Ron Paul is leading in terms of fundraising for the 4th quarter.

Eagle1
11-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Ultimately, the goals really don't mean anything. Any media attention to this money bombs is secondary to the prime objective, which is simply fundraising for advertisment to get us through primary season. If we fall short of a goal its a blurb in an article that few read anyway. I'm not really worried about headlines that say:

Ron Paul ONLY raises half a million in one day. What a joke. Dec 16th is going to be huge. It doesn't matter what the goal is. The ultimate goal is the funds to runa first class campaign...the media is secondary...and at this point...any press is still good press
Toma02

I agree with the fact that Rudy's Reading list with a mere 2,298 and them announcing a goal of 12 million was toally unrealistic. I think originally they were shooting for $350,00 which was surpassed by the $531,000 - a very substantial fundraiser. Unfortunately someone notified all the networks and of course, when the 12 million wasn't raised the media is going to put a negative slant on it.

Today's fundraising event began a mere 7 days ago with 2,298 people signing up at a web site - each pledging $100, which would have meant $229,800 raised. BUT instead $531,239 was raised and 6,774 gave money.

This is a recurring fact in Paul's fundraising. When an event is announced it build momentum and numerous people, who didn't sign up contribute.

Back on November the 5th some 18,000 people had signed up to give, which would have meant $1,800,000 raised. Instead 38,905 gave for a whopping $4,380,000.

On Dec the 16th there will be a major fundraising celebrating the Boston Tea Party. So far 22,528 people have signed up to give $100 on 12/16. With another 15 days to go they could have another 10,000+. That would be 32,528 or $3,252,800 for the day.

HOWEVER based upon today and the 5th of November I suspect that a good 70,000 people will give money on the 16th.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Ron Paul will collect in 24 hours on December 16th between 8 and 10 million dollars - WHICH will send shockwaves thru the media and the political world.

tomaO2
11-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Now, now, Me3. There's a difference. This was never meant to be a money bomb but a money grenade and it should have been promoted as such. Furthermore, it's only important because November 5th was a success. There were other attempts before that but no one cared bacause there were no expectations.

Now there are and you have to be aware of them. By calling it a money bomb you say that you can raise at least a million dollars. Also it was really obvious that it wouldn't happen so Trevor could have tried to back away from that figure. The press isn't paying attention to the fact that there were not enough pledges to make it. You have to be a bit more media savy when your in the eye. They expected there to be millions and there wasn't/

I hope he learns that lession from this. He caused bad press by calling for a total that was never in the cards. As for Dec 16th, 10 million is fine as a goal. All he really needs is to better the 4.2 million for November 5th and it will be a success no matter what. After all, no media pundit really thinks we could make 10 million so it's not a letdown if we don't.

All told, (again) 500k is a great day and I'm sure we'll get at least 5 on Dec 16th but we just have to watch ourselves.

Original_Intent
11-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I'm really disappointed at Trevor for being wildly optimistic about the grassroots.

I wish he was more reserved and careful. I wish he set a goal that was reachable, instead of a goal that probably inspired a lot more donors.

Why can't Trevor just be quiet, and never do anything that upsets anyone? Why does he take risks and make these silly personal sacrifices in time and criticism to raise money for Dr. Paul?

Who does he think he is taking all of this initiative, while moving back to New Hampshire to support Dr. Paul?

I think we should promote Tea Party as a $2 million money bomb, that way no one will be disappointed.

NOT.

I love your sarcasm when it isn't aimed at moi. :D

me3
11-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Now, now. There's a difference. This was never meant to be a money bomb but a money grenade and it should have been promoted as such. Furthermore, it's only important because November 5th was a success. There were other attempts before that but no one cared bacause there were no expectations.
It's easy to second guess how it should have been promoted.

Now there are and you have to be aware of them. By calling it a money bomb you say that you can raise at least a million dollars. Also it was really obvious that it wouldn't happen so Trevor could have tried to back away from that figure. The press isn't paying attention to the fact that there were not enough pledges to make it. You have to be a bit more media savy when your in the eye. They expected there to be millions and there wasn't/
Who cares what the media expects? They also expect Dr. Paul to lose and run 3rd party. 6 months ago, they were predicting he would drop out by now.

I hope he learns that lession from this. He caused bad press by calling for a total that was never in the cards. As for Dec 16th, 10 million is fine as a goal. All he really needs is to better the 4.2 million for November 5th and it will be a success no matter what. After all, no media pundit really thinks we could make 10 million so it's not a letdown if we don't.
No one should ever have to apologize for optimism. WE caused any bad press by not meeting the goal.

Once the challenge was set, people should have helped out, instead of standing on the sidelines waiting for it to fail (which it did not).

When Dr. Paul is inaugurated, people better get used to the idea of personal responsibility. Not shifting the blame or criticism onto someone else.

tomaO2
12-01-2007, 12:10 AM
When Dr. Paul is inaugurated, people better get used to the idea of personal responsibility. Not shifting the blame or criticism onto someone else.

Exactly. Trevor only had himself to blame for giving an unrealistic number to the media. remember how Howard Dean's campaign collapsed because of exactly ONE misstep. They are jackels and will look for anything to stop ron Paul and that includes attacking supporters. They spin it so people think that our efforts are shrinking. That we are no longer building momentum. People will be less likely to google Ron paul and learn of him for the next 2 weeks because of this. We HAVE to be careful. Especially Trevor. He didn't want the media that has come, but he's got it and he has to deal with it.

Take your own advice and don't blame a guy that can't even donate due to being a Canadian.

me3
12-01-2007, 12:24 AM
It's not about what the media says. It's about delivering money to the campaign so they can make tangible progress in the early states.

Period.

This money bomb is up to the campaign to spin. Trevor leveraged his media credibility to promote it and Tea Party as well as the Blimp.

We accomplished a lot of things yesterday. Now Jesse Benton has to get to work and present that to the press corps on Monday.

tomaO2
12-01-2007, 12:37 AM
True enough.

We really need to win New Hampshire.

That Live Free or Die thing to get a bunch of vounteers to go door to door there should get money next. Other then the money bomb that is the most important thing to give money to.

ksu_s13
12-01-2007, 12:56 AM
RP could have raised 10 billion dollars today and it still wouldn't have been good enough for the MSM/establishment. At the end of the day these snakes don't want him in the White House and will do everything in their power via libel, slander, and omission to achieve their goal.

Pay little attention to the those who have lost all credibility, and redouble your efforts in supporting Dr. Paul.

pacelli
12-01-2007, 01:44 AM
I've always thought it to be a little more fun to avoid making predictions, a la the shock & awe approach. If people are more in-line with predicting the outcome, might I recommend sticking to the number of pledges as a prediction? That is a safe prediction, and any claims of failure would be legitimate if some pledges do not donate. We know we have the capability, folks. We know that we can raise an obscene amount of money in 24 hours. This is our 7th time doing it, yes? We're going to run into little blips along the way (i.e. public prediction to media outlet), but we must learn from them for the near future. We are all learning together in this movement. I love being a part of it.

jeffhenderson
12-01-2007, 11:07 AM

You are absolutely right about this. If somebody reads about Ron Paul's fundraising "failure", it will only take a minute of digging to see that the other candidates are in much worse shape.

BTW are you THE Bob Murphy from mises.org?

MozoVote
12-01-2007, 11:19 AM
me3, I think you make a lot of good contributions to the threads in RP forums.

But you're off base, here. Listen to what other people are saying. It was an unrealistic goal and Trevor should have been able to see that for himself before telling the media.

I'm not flaming Trevor. He's done a tremendous amount of good for RP's fundraising. I just think this is a cautionary example, of setting very high expectations.

Anyway, what's done is done. Time to focus on new things.