PDA

View Full Version : What if shots were fired at the Bundy ranch?

limequat
04-15-2014, 02:09 PM
What if some one fired a shot, and violence erupted at the Bundy ranch?
We can guess from the accounts and pictures that the BLM would have been slaughtered.
Then what?

Would the Nevada send in the National Guard to quell the rebellion? Would the Feds send in a legion of Fibbies? Would Obama ask the UN to step in and send foreign troops?

When would the shooting stop? Would the militia demand to secede from the US?

From what I see, the sheriff is a two faced self-serving prick.

The governor is a pushover and fed boot-licker.

I just can't see the next move for the good guys.

aGameOfThrones
04-15-2014, 02:31 PM
*****Then out spake brave Horatius,
**********The Captain of the Gate:
*****"To every man upon this earth
**********Death cometh soon or late.
*****And how can man die better
**********Than facing fearful odds,
*****For the ashes of his fathers,
**********And the temples of his gods,

*****"And for the tender mother
**********Who dandled him to rest,
*****And for the wife who nurses
**********His baby at her breast,
*****And for the holy maidens
**********Who feed the eternal flame,
*****To save them from false Sextus
**********That wrought the deed of shame?

*****"Haul down the bridge, Sir Consul,
**********With all the speed ye may;
*****I, with two more to help me,
**********Will hold the foe in play.
*****In yon strait path a thousand
**********May well be stopped by three.
*****Now who will stand on either hand,
**********And keep the bridge with me?"

Demigod
04-15-2014, 03:01 PM
We can guess from the accounts and pictures that the BLM would have been slaughtered.
Then what?

Would the Nevada send in the National Guard to quell the rebellion? Would the Feds send in a legion of Fibbies? Would Obama ask the UN to step in and send foreign troops?

THE UN DOES NOT HAVE TROOPS,even if its members would agree to send troops they are forbidden to enter areas by use of force and have rarely even used their weapons for self defense.Fear mongering the UN is as stupid as fear mongering kids who make paper guns at school.The UN is the most defunct organization that has ever been created.

And there is no secession even rarely a rebellion when most of the country is dependent for their next meal from the government.There is only a collapse of the country and then a civil war to fight over the left overs while the rest of the world supports different factions.You can look at Ukraine at the moment for an example,just multiply every negative thing x1000 .

nobody's_hero
04-15-2014, 03:20 PM
It would ultimately come down to the military men and women making a conscious decision to stand down. We've seen that these BLM rent-a-cops are mostly just looking to get paid. As long as they have the superior force, they'll do whatever they want. But in a fair fight, they don't have the willpower to see things through.

The U.S. military, on the other hand, is a different matter. 500 militia members on the ground with semi-auto rifles is no match for a fighter jet which can launch it's payload from miles away and turn back before even being spotted. If the military were called in against the militia, it would not be pretty.

That's why Oathkeepers is such an invaluable organization for educating service members about their oath. When the president orders that drone-operator to fire missiles into a crowd, the ONLY person that's gonna stop it from happening . . . is the drone operator—not a politician, not a call from mom, or a militiaman. It's gonna be the guy with his finger on the red button who decides whether someone dies or not.

So if you wanna donate:

www.oathkeepers.org

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLMAEcjIBxw

pcosmar
04-15-2014, 05:33 PM
I would think we would finally find out just how many Militia there are.

And the United States would immediately cease to be a world power.

tod evans
04-15-2014, 05:52 PM
I would think we would finally find out just how many Militia there are.

And the United States would immediately cease to be a world power.

I don't know that that'd be a bad thing at this point....

mrsat_98
04-15-2014, 09:54 PM
When it is all said and done the meek will inherit the earth, till then Sh:t be getting Deep.

klamath
04-15-2014, 10:09 PM
It all depends on who wins the public opinion war. Nothing else matters. How the public views various factors- who fired the first shot, who showed restraint and honor who could best identify their cause with the average American.
The loser of the public opinion war will be the loser. Feds lose they will lose power, Bundy's and the militia lose they will be slaughtered with real modern weapons of war. and the public will cheer on the winner.
Propaganda is the most powerful weapon in any war. Disregard it and rely on weapons only, you will have lost out the gate.

Victor Grey
04-15-2014, 10:24 PM
I imagine the smart people would disband and run for the hills immediately.

Had the militias decided to run and they survived, it'd be a victory. People would see the state could be beaten.

If they decided to stand there and fight, in a desert, (we've seen the military on that terrain play out in the last decade)
they'd get droned and routed. And in way, good riddance. That'd be stupid to fight like that and that's what would happen.
Be smarter.

Why every one of the people that are so eager to fight in the first place, are so desperately wanting to play little shining armor knightboy in their tactics and taking on low-rank soldiers, is beyond me.

Who's sending and supporting the sending of them, to me that's the enemy. Soldiers wouldn't even want to be there, I'd bet.

pcosmar
04-15-2014, 10:32 PM
Who's sending and supporting the sending of them, to me that's the enemy.

Members of this forum,, among others. The Oath Keepers were supporting them.

And several leaders in the Liberty Movement,, some of which were there. Including the man I voted for president in 2008.

And a great many of the militia ARE solders.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-15-2014, 10:50 PM
What if shots were fired at the Bundy ranch?

Alex Jones was drooling over the idea. He's probably disappointed there hasn't been a gun fight.

dillo
04-15-2014, 11:23 PM
Probably nothing, im not sure Bundy was even in the right tbh. This does not mean I support the armed troops, but I think its a bad case to try and rally behind. I think both him and the government were wrong.

fr33
04-15-2014, 11:45 PM
Probably nothing, im not sure Bundy was even in the right tbh. This does not mean I support the armed troops, but I think its a bad case to try and rally behind. I think both him and the government were wrong.

Why? Would you prefer to support someone that has their land taken away rather than refusing to pay fees 20 years after that happened? If so it's happening every day all around the country and has been for a long time. The victims seem to have hard time garnering support. Bundy has been speaking out and gaining attention for 20 years in order for this civil disobedience to finally happen.

twomp
04-16-2014, 12:29 AM
The militia would get slaughtered. Obama would declare a war on home-grown terrorists and Glenn Beck would get on the radio the very next day and claim that this is what happens when you stand up to God.

steph3n
04-16-2014, 12:31 AM
This isn't over yet. The BLM and Police are still there and even growing amounts of them.

nobody's_hero
04-16-2014, 02:07 AM

According to Bundy—and I'd like confirmation on this claim—only 16%(!) of grazing fees actually go towards conservation of wildlife/land management. If only 16% of your tax money was returned to you in the form of government services, wouldn't you be a bit pissed off too? Bundy is the last rancher in Clark Co., Nevada, claiming that all the others have been discouraged or forced out of business by government regulation. It's not an unheard-of phenomenon.

This leads me to believe that all the talk about this being about a tortoise is a bunch of garbage. The grazing fees should be viewed the same way as penalties for not signing up for Obamacare. They're not designed to raise revenue—hell, they can print all the money they want and don't even really need taxes. These fees are designed to mold behavior of people to fit the will of government. The government wants people off that land so they can use it as collateral for all the loans foreigners have been making to D.C. While our money can be printed to the point of worthlessness, land value typically only goes up.

Ronin Truth
04-16-2014, 04:21 AM
"If shots are fired some folks might get injured or killed and maybe even some property will get damaged." -- Captain Obvious

Dianne
04-16-2014, 04:42 AM
Then what?

A few days ago FOX reported that the Sheriff had political ties with Reid as well. I don't think anyone can get elected in Nevada without kissing Harry Reid's ring. Even the Cattle Rancher's Association won't stand with the Bundy family as I am sure they donate a lot to the Reid prick and probably don't pay a dime to keep their cows on what Reid considers to be his land.

DGambler
04-16-2014, 07:02 AM
It all depends on who wins the public opinion war. Nothing else matters. How the public views various factors- who fired the first shot, who showed restraint and honor who could best identify their cause with the average American.
The loser of the public opinion war will be the loser. Feds lose they will lose power, Bundy's and the militia lose they will be slaughtered with real modern weapons of war. and the public will cheer on the winner.
Propaganda is the most powerful weapon in any war. Disregard it and rely on weapons only, you will have lost out the gate.

Maybe AJ can kick in for a PR firm.

dillo
04-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Why? Would you prefer to support someone that has their land taken away rather than refusing to pay fees 20 years after that happened? If so it's happening every day all around the country and has been for a long time. The victims seem to have hard time garnering support. Bundy has been speaking out and gaining attention for 20 years in order for this civil disobedience to finally happen.

I was under the impression that they never owned the land

pcosmar
04-16-2014, 11:12 AM
I was under the impression that they never owned the land

neither does Harry Reid.. or the Federal Government.

It is open range,, State of Nevada. And the improvements to the land were done by the ranchers that used it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_range

dillo
04-16-2014, 05:40 PM
neither does Harry Reid.. or the Federal Government.

It is open range,, State of Nevada. And the improvements to the land were done by the ranchers that used it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_range

Who owned the land, Nevada?

pcosmar
04-16-2014, 05:42 PM
Who owned the land, Nevada?

The people.

fisharmor
04-16-2014, 05:59 PM
Better men than any of us fired a whole lot of shots 150 years ago, and actually beat back the feds for a time.

We should be careful how much we expect from gunfire.

Red Green
04-17-2014, 05:13 PM
Then what?

I would have cried.

Little..... tears.... of joy.

But actually I have to say that I am glad the feds backed down and there was no bloodshed. Now if this can keep happening, we can just let them play "Bossman" in DC and just ignore them out here in the productive world. It would be fine with me if they just ran around making empty threats and the rest of us just ignored them and went about our business as if they did not exist.

pcosmar
04-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Better men than any of us fired a whole lot of shots 150 years ago, and actually beat back the feds for a time.

We should be careful how much we expect from gunfire.

If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately.

Benjamin Franklin