PDA

View Full Version : Deputy Who Was Fired for Killing Unarmed Motorist is Reinstated, Against Sheriff's Wishes

SeanTX
04-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Can't keep a bad cop down -- even when they are fired and their department doesn't want them back, an arbitrator can force them to do it.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Sheriff-responds-to-JSO-officer-getting/VQcnE4KXdUigaLPXX-C_8w.cspx?kX6OsL

Sheriff responds to JSO officer getting reinstated after shooting unarmed man

Published: 8:07 am

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- An officer with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office will be reinstated after he shot and killed an unarmed man seven times in 2012.

Sheriff John Rutherford fired Jeffrey Edwards last September for shooting Davinia Williams during a traffic stop.

snip

“I believe the arbitrator, Mr. Bowden, made grievous mistakes and assumptions that lead to the decision ordering the reinstatement of officer Jeffrey Edwards. The same grievous mistakes occurred in an earlier decision to reinstate an officer I fired for a DUI. She was later arrested (again) after causing damage to several others’ vehicles, after the arbitrator made a similar decision to reinstate.
snip

SeanTX
04-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Oops, AF posted this while I was putting it together ... hopefully someone can delete this one ...

JK/SEA
04-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Oops, AF posted this while I was putting it together ... hopefully someone can delete this one ...

let the market decide...