PDA

View Full Version : Cop intentionally cuts off longboarders, nearly kills them

green73
04-14-2014, 04:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWkpaGbLOa0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWkpaGbLOa0

Tod
04-14-2014, 04:54 PM
He could have headed right for the cop car, then jumped up off his board and hit the windshield feet first....

or else just go around the pig and keep going.

surf
04-14-2014, 05:00 PM
I thought you were talking water cops (have too many on my lake - appropriate number is zero) on jet skis busting up some guys at San Onofre....

that's f'd up

PaulConventionWV
04-14-2014, 05:03 PM
He could have headed right for the cop car, then jumped up off his board and hit the windshield feet first....

or else just go around the pig and keep going.

Yeah, just go around him... those longboards turn on a dime, after all.

aGameOfThrones
04-14-2014, 06:08 PM
Officer is ok... Safety first.

Carson
04-18-2014, 04:42 PM
They had a beautiful run going.

JK/SEA
04-18-2014, 04:55 PM
well, if your going to get run over and killed, its best if a cop does it.....win win.

TaftFan
04-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Not really. If their fun is dependent on the streets being empty, they have no business being on the road.

They were able to stop. If you can't stop from that distance, again you have no business doing it.

Danke
04-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Not really. If their fun is dependent on the streets being empty, they have no business being on the road.

They were able to stop. If you can't stop from that distance, again you have no business doing it.

The pig cut over into their lane going the opposite direction. Would it be ok with you if he did this to a car as long as the car stopped before hitting the pig?

TaftFan
04-18-2014, 05:52 PM
The pig cut over into their lane going the opposite direction. Would it be ok with you if he did this to a car as long as the car stopped before hitting the pig?

If a car was broken down, they would need to be able to stop. These people shouldn't be on the road for a reason.

Uriel999
04-18-2014, 06:11 PM
Wow, what a dick. There is no reason to have done that at all. Assuming skateboarding is illegal there on public roads the pig could have handled that much more intelligently...you know...like in a way that couldn't result in hurting them. I dunno, perhaps he could have turned around and stopped them once they got to the bottom of the hill.

FriedChicken
04-18-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm gonna agree with all the above here ...

I remember when I was 18 we were hill bombing (downhill riding skateboards) and a cop decided to "wait for us" at the bottom. Going 30mph on a skate deck, doing everything I could just to keep 'speed wobble' under control the cop blocking my path at the bottom was quite a concern ... for my life/injuries/etc.

A "normal" car wouldn't have been a problem because they wouldn't have parked blocking the lane. Only a cop would do that.

But then again ... we were riding devices equipped with no brakes or escape plan down a hill at 30mph.

In my defense it was after midnight and there weren't any cars on the street, but there were plenty of my fiends who do the same thing daytime.

... funny thing is its legal to ride skateboards on the street, just not the sidewalk. (logical fail).

Danke
04-18-2014, 09:02 PM
If a car was broken down, they would need to be able to stop. These people shouldn't be on the road for a reason.

A broken down car changes lanes in front of you going while moving forward in the opposite direction of your travel? News to me.