PDA

View Full Version : Dog Chosen for Jury Duty?

CaseyJones
04-14-2014, 01:55 PM
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/weird/Dog-Chosen-for-Jury-Duty-255184841.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand

"It’s kinda strange."

That was New Jersey resident Barrett Griner's first thought when he checked his mail last week and found that one of the mail items from his local county clerk's office was not for him; it was for his 5 year-old German Shepherd dog, IV.

"I got the mail and I look at it, and I’m like IV Griner, this is my dog’s name," he said.

"I’m wondering like what is this? Something from the county office about her vaccinations or something? Like why is my dog getting mail?"

The notice, addressed from the Cumberland County Clerk of Courts, was a juror summons for someone with the first name IV and the last name Griner; the exact name Barrett Griner IV says he legally gave to his dog.

Christian Liberty
04-14-2014, 02:01 PM
How stupid are these people?

phill4paul
04-14-2014, 02:05 PM
I ask you, members of the jury, will you convict? Will you put this man in a kennel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCRDskZrUMU#t=47

pcosmar
04-14-2014, 02:27 PM
How stupid are these people?

Is that a Rhetorical question?

Christian Liberty
04-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Is that a Rhetorical question?
Yes.

alucard13mm
04-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Wouldnt mind having a dog in the jury for my trial.

RM918
04-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Wouldnt mind having a dog in the jury for my trial.

Unless you were charged with cat burglary, then you're getting the needle.

Tod
04-14-2014, 03:27 PM
I would guess that some dog business created a mailing list using data from either a vet's office or less likely but possible if the dog license bureau recorded dog names (mine does not, but the vets all do) in order to send some sort of pet-related sales pitch to the owner. My brother has gotten mail like that for a pet boarding business.

Anyway, at some point that mailing list may have been sold.

Alternatively, someone inadvertently swapped the dog's name with the owners in a database field that was later used to create a list of area residents.

Those are my guesses....

Zippyjuan
04-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Curious how they select people. Here in CA jury pool lists come from voter and drivers licenses registrations. A dog should not be on either of those.