PDA

View Full Version : Russian govt warns Russian travelers about being kidnapped by US govt

qh4dotcom
04-13-2014, 11:47 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/russians-warned-abroad-us-might-snatch-them-162100712.html

It's not your typical travel advisory.

Russia's Foreign Ministry is warning that Russians should refrain from traveling abroad because they could be entrapped by US secret services who are actively "hunting" for Russians to persecute in punishment for Moscow's recent annexation of Crimea, according to an official notice published on the Ministry's website.

The message seems directed at the approximately 15 million Russians, most of them middle-class, who leave the country each year for tourism.

http://www.mid.ru/brp_4.nsf/newsline/668AD8A2ADCB292C44257CB60061176F

The warning is clearly aimed at all Russians who may contemplate foreign travel. "We strongly recommend Russian citizens refrain from traveling abroad, particularly to countries that have mutual extradition treaties [with the US]," the statement says. It then links to a US State Department list of about 110 countries that have such agreements, which is basically most of the outside world.

Dianne
04-13-2014, 01:17 PM
WTF?

FindLiberty
04-13-2014, 02:12 PM
Thanks, I did not get a copy of that memo but already knew that stuff does go on right here in the USSA.

Did they remember to send a CC: to Ed Snowden?

qh4dotcom
04-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Thanks, I did not get a copy of that memo but already knew that stuff does go on right here in the USSA.

Did they remember to send a CC: to Ed Snowden?

I am sure Snowden is well aware of the memo, Will be allowed to stay and probably will not leave Russia for the rest of his life

mrsat_98
04-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Shocking , I can believe he gives the US credit for being able to pull something like that off.

specsaregood
04-13-2014, 03:34 PM
I am sure Snowden is well aware of the memo, Will be allowed to stay and probably will not leave Russia for the rest of his life

I'd be surprised if Russia didn't already give him a new identity with complete Russian background and he is now free to travel wherever he wants. The US would do the same if the roles were reversed.

qh4dotcom
04-14-2014, 07:07 AM
I wonder if the Russian govt has any warnings for entering the US embassy in Moscow....I was there in June 2012.