PDA

View Full Version : FOX News reporting that BLM will leave Bundy ranch

Dianne
04-12-2014, 10:45 AM
FOX just broke this story, but I can't find anything in print yet. BLM announced for the safety of the public and their employees (LOL), they will leave the Bundy Ranch in Nevada within the next day or two.

Can anyone confirm?

KCIndy
04-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Have all the cattle been stolen already?

limequat
To be replaced by the FBI, I'm sure.

GunnyFreedom
FOX just broke this story, but I can't find anything in print yet. BLM announced for the safety of the public and their employees (LOL), they will leave the Bundy Ranch in Nevada within the next day or two.

Can anyone confirm?

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25230368/major-development-in-bunkerville-cattle-battle-between-cliven-bundy-and-blm

BREAKING NEWS: BLM ends roundup of Bundy cattle
Updated: Apr 12, 2014 12:43 PM EDT

LAS VEGAS -- The Bureau of Land Management has announced it will stop the roundup of cattle owned by rancher Cliven Bundy. The BLM says the animals have been illegally grazing on public lands for 20 years.

The BLM made the announcement Saturday morning, a week after rangers started gathering the animals off land near Gold Butte.

The agency says it is concerned about the safety of its employees and the public.

William Tell
04-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Yes, the Sheriff just announced it live on Ustream:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/thepetesantillishow

jclay2
04-12-2014, 10:52 AM
http://createdbyrcw.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/admiral_ackbar_says_its_a_trap.jpg?w=487

phill4paul
04-12-2014, 10:52 AM
This won't be the end of this.

AuH20
04-12-2014, 10:53 AM
BLM out? FBI coming in full force?

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2014, 10:53 AM
Well, the feds peacefully backing down out of fear is pretty much the best this thing could have gone. Watch it, them Arizona people might get a taste of that liberty stuff. Then Lord only knows what'll happen to John McCain...

jjdoyle
04-12-2014, 10:54 AM
http://createdbyrcw.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/admiral_ackbar_says_its_a_trap.jpg?w=487

This. Exactly this. They'll pull back, wait until everybody leaves. Then storm back in.

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2014, 10:56 AM
This won't be the end of this.

No, but I think the rest of it will be in court rooms and such. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are backing off out of altruism lol. I think Obama just caught wind of the PR disaster this was going to be and decided not to risk it.

AuH20
04-12-2014, 10:57 AM
No, but I think the rest of it will be in court rooms and such. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are backing off out of altruism lol. I think Obama just caught wind of the PR disaster this was going to be and decided not to risk it.

Especially with Reid's dirty hands all over this. This is a bit different than David Koresh with multiple child wives. It's not as spinnable.

phill4paul
04-12-2014, 10:58 AM
Well, the feds peacefully backing down out of fear is pretty much the best this thing could have gone. Watch it, them Arizona people might get a taste of that liberty stuff. Then Lord only knows what'll happen to John McCain...

We have a model going forward. Call to arms. Physical/financial show of support. Internet activism. Video, video, video.

Indeed.

Dianne
04-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Well, for the first time in quite a while I feel very proud !!!! Although that pride may be short lived, I feel we the people finally obtained a victory.

I'm so proud of the Oathkeepers, other groups, Bundy's community, and other individuals brave enough to fight this battle on behalf of American citizens.

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2014, 11:06 AM
IF we did stop this thing from going Waco, and that's an if I am still holding on to until further information develops, then that would be big news. It would be the first time the public backed Washington down on one of these. Pretty sure ever. Umm. The WW1 Bonus Army may have done the same kind of thing?

phill4paul
04-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Mr. Bundy demands that the BLM lay down their arms at the base of a flag within one hour? Did I hear that correctly on the livefeed?

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2014, 11:12 AM
And note that concerns over public safety are the thinnest veil ever for "we thought those buggers might rise up, so we backed off." AFAIK everyone going up there was 100% committed to sue for peace, but had also fully prepared for war had the BLM chosen to make it against them. Washington made the right choice, finally. Saving lives, and maintaining a shred of credibility. But this also sends an important message to activists: The beast can be faced down. That will encourage similar activism in the future.

GunnyFreedom
04-12-2014, 11:13 AM
Mr. Bundy demands that the BLM lay down their arms at the base of a flag within one hour? Did I hear that correctly on the livefeed?

LOL if he actually said that, then dude's just gloating in the country fashion. :D haha!

AuH20
04-12-2014, 11:14 AM
And note that concerns over public safety are the thinnest veil ever for "we thought those buggers might rise up, so we backed off." AFAIK everyone going up there was 100% committed to sue for peace, but had also fully prepared for war had the BLM chosen to make it against them. Washington made the right choice, finally. Saving lives, and maintaining a shred of credibility. But this also sends an important message to activists: The beast can be faced down. That will encourage similar activism in the future.

They definitely had intercepted some of the communications going back and forth between the various units. It was greenlit.

CaseyJones
04-12-2014, 11:28 AM
made you flinch lol

jkob
04-12-2014, 11:36 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2nlxwtd.jpg

IT'S AFRAID

FSP-Rebel
Wonder what the individual BLM agents are thinking about their activities at this point.

phill4paul
OK, after thinking of this for a moment I'll give my reading. The Feds capitulated to backing the BLM out. This diffuses the situation, it stops others from coming, and encourages others to go home. More than anything it keeps the situation from escalating in such a way as the Fed cannot create the narrative.
The BLM is not trained to handle this type of situation. If they made the wrong move it could put the whole thing in a bad light from the Fed perspective.
While they pull the BLM out I believe 100% that the FBI SWAT/HRT's are in route as well as some military spec ops.
More than likely this will be turned over to the state to handle. If it then gets out of hand then that will green light the Fed. Who will already be on scene.

pcosmar
04-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Wonder what the individual BLM agents are thinking about their activities at this point.

If they are still employed,, I could care less what they think. (I doubt they do)

ClydeCoulter
04-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Pete Santilli Livestream on site (People there are happy)

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/thepetesantillishow?utm_campaign=ustre.am&utm_source=ustre.am%2FMVkj&utm_medium=social&utm_content=20140412094817

jurgs01
04-12-2014, 11:42 AM
This is why the 2nd Amendment is important. It is worth fighting and dying for. The balance of power between the people and the Leviathan will be forever shifted if we ever give up that right.

Tod
04-12-2014, 11:43 AM
A guy on PMbeers' livestream said that the BLM was being replaced with DHS personnel. Dunno if that is true...

phill4paul
04-12-2014, 11:49 AM
A guy on PMbeers' livestream said that the BLM was being replaced with DHS personnel. Dunno if that is true...

I believe it 100%. All the SWAT/HRT/spec ops teams will be deployed to be on site to see how this plays out. The BLM isn't trained for this type of situation. THAT is why they were pulled back. The FED must create the narrative. "We pulled back. Nobody left and state troopers/sheriffs were assaulted. Gov. of state asked for Fed support." For them they must start at ground up to get Boobus sympathy. Not top down. It is being framed now as Big Gov Tyranny. They want to end that narrative. Then they will replace it with something else.

libertygrl
04-12-2014, 11:51 AM
http://static.infowars.com/bindnfocom/2014/04/bundyranch.jpg

A day after Infowars blew the lid on Sen. Harry Reid’s link to the BLM’s land grab of the Bundy Ranch, the Sheriff of Clark County, Nevada, Douglas Gillespie, announced to tremendous applause Saturday that the Bureau of Land Management would cease their efforts targeting cattle rancher Cliven Bundy.

In an emotional response, Bundy told the Sheriff he had one hour to disarm the federal agency and to bring the arms to the platform where speeches were made this morning, and to take down their barricades.

Last Saturday, the BLM, with the aid of helicopters, low-flying aircraft and hired cowboys, began rounding up Bundy’s cattle, and forbade him from interfering with the operation, as Bundy announced he was prepared to weather a full-on assault.

The sheriff’s announcement coincided with a press release put out by the BLM today stating that they would back off due to safety issues.

From the director of the BLM, Neil Kornze:
“As we have said from the beginning of the gather to remove illegal cattle from federal land consistent with court orders, a safe and peaceful operation is our number one priority. After one week, we have made progress in enforcing two recent court orders to remove the trespass cattle from public lands that belong to all Americans.

“Based on information about conditions on the ground, and in consultation with law enforcement, we have made a decision to conclude the cattle gather because of our serious concern about the safety of employees and members of the public.
“We ask that all parties in the area remain peaceful and law-abiding as the Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service work to end the operation in an orderly manner.

Ranching has always been an important part of our nation’s heritage and continues throughout the West on public lands that belong to all Americans. This is a matter of fairness and equity, and we remain disappointed that Cliven Bundy continues to not comply with the same laws that 16,000 public lands ranchers do every year. After 20 years and multiple court orders to remove the trespass cattle, Mr. Bundy owes the American taxpayers in excess of $1 million. The BLM will continue to work to resolve the matter administratively and judicially.”

The BLM did not mention giving Bundy his cattle back, but he hadn’t asked for them, he asked for his freedom back and for the BLM to lay down their arms.

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-clark-co-sheriff-says-blm-will-cease-operation/

phill4paul
04-12-2014, 11:54 AM
http://www.infowars.com/breaking-clark-co-sheriff-says-blm-will-cease-operation/

AJ needs to STFU. This did not end the way it did because of him. It ended because there were people willing to put themselves in harms way. AJ brings up some good material. Though I can't stand to listen to him I like reading the transcriptions. But, in no way, shape or form did this temporary resolution come about because he broke a story on Harry Reid.

libertygrl
04-12-2014, 12:00 PM
AJ needs to STFU. This did not end the way it did because of him. It ended because there were people willing to put themselves in harms way. AJ brings up some good material. Though I can't stand to listen to him I like reading the transcriptions. But, in no way, shape or form did this temporary resolution come about because he broke a story on Harry Reid.

I agree. AJ has an enormous ego and I can only take him in small doses. However... the fact that Reid's former senior advisor is now the head of the BLM and Reid's connection with the Chinese has been exposed, there is the possibility Reid wanted this standoff to go away very quickly without incident lest it bring more attention to him. Just a thought...

unknown
04-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Pulling out or just pulling back?

Dont wanna be in the radius of the drone strikes.

ClydeCoulter
04-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Santilli ahead of the group going to the freeway to get a view of them arriving, to let the cattle go free!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/thepetesantillishow?utm_campaign=ustre.am&utm_source=ustre.am%2FMVkj&utm_medium=social&utm_content=20140412094817

angelatc
04-12-2014, 12:25 PM
To be replaced by the FBI, I'm sure.

Nah. They'll just come after him through the banks and the courts.

LibertyEagle
04-12-2014, 12:29 PM
They probably already killed all the cattle.

tangent4ronpaul
04-12-2014, 12:44 PM
There are too many threads on this topic, but some basic facts from news (print/TV)

Before I get into that, just a reminder that cattle rustling has been a crime in this country going waaayyy back and is a hang-able offense

Just saying...

basic facts:

pretext: endangered turtles on this land. cows gotta go. :rolleyes:

family has been using this land to graze since early 1900's.

BLM created in 1942

started charging "rent" to graze ~1994, supposedly racking up ~1M in "unpaid" fees.

BLM stole ~900 head.

http://www.farmandranchguide.com/news/livestock/what-s-a-cow-worth-determining-the-value-of-a/article_94e22c5a-4601-11e1-8214-0019bb2963f4.html

But to accurately determine the cost of the cow, he said, you must also consider the eventual price the cow will bring once she is culled from the herd and the longevity of the cow in the herd. Using information from the CHAPS (Cow Herd Appraisal Performance Software) program of the N.D. Beef Cattle Improvement Association, the average cow age in the state is 5.7 years, which means the average number of calf crops per cow is 4.7, since she doesn't calf that first year. Current cull prices would pay $70 per cwt., which would come to $910 for a 1300 pound cow.

The various figures are now ready to be gathered together and the value of the cow determined:

Income

4.7 calf crops @ $948/ year = $4455.60

Cull cow sale = $910.00

Total income with 3 percent death loss adjustment = $5204.63

Expenses

Pasture for 4.7 years @ $216/year = $1015.20

Winter feed for 4.7 years @ $252/year = $1184.40

Yardage for 4.7 years @ $90/year = $423.00

Total expenses = $2622.60

Net income over life of cow = $2582.03

If a producer would like to realize a profit of $200 per head each year that would be an additional cost of $940 over the life of the cow, meaning that the value to pay for a bred heifer would be $1642.03.

And that figure, Hoppe noted, is pretty close to what bred heifers are selling for at the current time.
============

Oh, and we are at a 8 year low for the number of cattle produced and a 3 year high for the going rate for one.

There is a reason MickyD's gets it's meat from South America.

-t

Dianne
04-12-2014, 12:54 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if the BLM couldn't carry out their dastardly deeds because the Snipers and other BLM thugs refused to fire upon their brothers? Maybe there was a mutiny aboard the ship.

tod evans
04-12-2014, 12:54 PM
I trust feds as far as I can drop-kick an anvil.....

KCIndy
04-12-2014, 01:00 PM
They probably already killed all the cattle.

I was wondering about that. If the BLM thieves have already rounded and/or killed 90% of the guy's stock, they're pulling out because they've already accomplished the job they came to do. That means it's not really a win for the good guys. The party crashers have simply stormed in, drank all the punch, ate the hors d'oeuvres, started a few fights, and now they're off to wreak havoc elsewhere.

WHERE are the man's cattle?

Dianne
04-12-2014, 01:01 PM
I agree. AJ has an enormous ego and I can only take him in small doses. However... the fact that Reid's former senior advisor is now the head of the BLM and Reid's connection with the Chinese has been exposed, there is the possibility Reid wanted this standoff to go away very quickly without incident lest it bring more attention to him. Just a thought...

Well this news could open up a firestorm against Harry Reid. He's already been caught in quite a number of illegal activities and this is just one example of cutting deals and running the assets through his family members, even his Grandchild has dirty money hidden in her panties. I would suggest all the land owners in Nevada who have lost land to eminent domain, investigate the subsequent deed transfers of their property. In my view, it is absolutely insane and criminal that the U.S. Federal Government owns over 82% of all the land in Nevada. And ownership by the Federal Government, means ownership by the entire world government. It just doesn't make any sense.

pcosmar
04-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if the BLM couldn't carry out their dastardly deeds because the Snipers and other BLM thugs refused to fire upon their brothers? Maybe there was a mutiny aboard the ship.

Doubt that.

Suspect they were informed of other snipers targeting them.

Some of the BLM Observation Posts were filled with cow shit.

youngbuck
04-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if the BLM couldn't carry out their dastardly deeds because the Snipers and other BLM thugs refused to fire upon their brothers? Maybe there was a mutiny aboard the ship.That would be nice, but I highly doubt it.

Dianne
04-12-2014, 01:32 PM
WTF? No FOX reporting the situation is very fluid. About 200 protesters have blocked the road and won't let the BLM out until they get the cars.. Now there's Highway Patrol, Police, Swat Teams on the scene in a stand off.

Anyone have more news on this?

libertygrl
04-12-2014, 02:15 PM
WTF is going on?????

Feds Threaten to Shoot Bundy Supporters as Showdown Looms

Thousands of supporters attempt to seize back cattle

Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones
Infowars.com
April 12, 2014

BLM federal agents are threatening to shoot Cliven Bundy supporters who are attempting to seize back stolen cattle as a showdown looms.

Go to 3:39 in the video to learn about the feds’ threatening to shoot people.

Despite the fact that the Bureau of Land Management has backed down and announced it will cease its operation to round up Bundy’s cattle, the rancher gave Gillespie a one hour time limit to seize all firearms from BLM agents involved in the siege.

Video footage from the scene in Bunkerville shows hundreds of cowboys on horseback, with supporters now vowing to take back hundreds of cattle the feds have already stolen from Bundy.

Infowars reporter David Knight is at the center of the scene and says he clearly heard BLM federal agents threaten to shoot men, women and children.
Police are now blocking roads and demanding that hundreds of Bundy supporters turn back as tensions mount.
SWAT teams are also in place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tVq7ymI_4s

Go to 3:39 in the video to learn about the feds’ threatening to shoot people.

Despite the fact that the Bureau of Land Management has backed down and announced it will cease its operation to round up Bundy’s cattle, the rancher gave Gillespie a one hour time limit to seize all firearms from BLM agents involved in the siege.

Video footage from the scene in Bunkerville shows hundreds of cowboys on horseback, with supporters now vowing to take back hundreds of cattle the feds have already stolen from Bundy.

Infowars reporter David Knight is at the center of the scene and says he clearly heard BLM federal agents threaten to shoot men, women and children.
Police are now blocking roads and demanding that hundreds of Bundy supporters turn back as tensions mount.

SWAT teams are also in place.

http://www.infowars.com/bundy-demands-sheriff-disarm-blm-as-showdown-looms/

pcosmar
04-12-2014, 02:21 PM
WTF? No FOX reporting the situation is very fluid. About 200 protesters have blocked the road and won't let the BLM out until they get the cars.. Now there's Highway Patrol, Police, Swat Teams on the scene in a stand off.

Anyone have more news on this?

Highway patrol,, public channel..

Someone just mentioned going after a squad.

Not much on that channel,, but a few Tactical messages.

KCIndy
04-12-2014, 03:40 PM
BREAKING ON DRUDGE:

Deal reached; BLM will release confiscated cattle to rancher

LAS VEGAS -- A deal has been reached between Bundy family leaders and the BLM, but not without some very tense moments.

Armed Bundy family leaders met with BLM officers Saturday afternoon in Mesquite to discuss the fate of the Bundy's cattle that the feds removed from BLM land, over the past week. The cattle are being held at a holding area in Mesquite.

Prior to the meeting, hundreds of protesters, some armed, tried storming the BLM's cattle gate, but weren't successful. The crowd was urged to wait 30 minutes and give both sides a chance to talk. An agreement was reached that the cattle will be released to the Bundy family later Saturday.

At one point, I-15 was closed in both directions, about seven miles south of Mesquite, because protesters had blocked the freeway. Nearly two dozen police officers and a SWAT unit were at the scene to keep the peace and assist the BLM enforcement officers to safely leave the area.

Sounds like the cows are coming home! :D

ClydeCoulter
04-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Cattle have been released!

What a beautiful sight!

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOM!

mad cow
04-12-2014, 04:10 PM
We're gonna party 'til the cows come home!

Lucille
04-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Cattle have been released!

What a beautiful sight!

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOM!

I missed it! Found one poor quality vid of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kMFNDC1uzY&feature=youtu.be&a

Anti Federalist
04-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Touchable.

tod evans
04-12-2014, 04:50 PM
:D

Philhelm
04-12-2014, 04:56 PM

Perhaps, but it is a greater risk for the government to show "weakness." The government always bets all-in, all of the time.

tod evans
04-12-2014, 04:59 PM
Perhaps, but it is a greater risk for the government to show "weakness." The government always bets all-in, all of the time.

What would the repercussions have been if they'd opened fire on the cowboys?

pcosmar
04-12-2014, 05:04 PM

Rifles from surrounding concealed positions would have cut them to ribbons in seconds.

A Highway Patrol transmission confirmed that there were 200 rifles,, that they knew of.

I was listening,, and heard it.

the guys with the guns were staring down the barrels of guys with guns.

and they decided to get polite.

tangent4ronpaul
04-12-2014, 05:06 PM

Or god forbid, if someone pointed a laser pointer at a helicopter!!! :eek:

-t

Lucille
04-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Nah. They'll just come after him through the banks and the courts.

And the IRS, OSHA, EPA, FDA, USDA and every other WTF agency.

NoOneButPaul
04-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Bahahahahaha!!! Yea, i'd fear for their safety too when every state militia in the area is hunkering down there to rightfully kill these fascists where they stand!

francisco
04-12-2014, 05:07 PM
We have a model going forward. Call to arms. Physical/financial show of support. Internet activism. Video, video, video.

Indeed..

Indeed.

Let me take the liberty of putting phillforpaul's comment in the font size it deserves:

Anti Federalist
04-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Amazing, how that works, isn't it?

Rifles from surrounding concealed positions would have cut them to ribbons in seconds.

A Highway Patrol transmission confirmed that there were 200 rifles,, that they knew of.

DGambler
04-12-2014, 05:20 PM

Not quite sure why, but this put a smile on my face.

wgadget
04-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Conveniently, the FAA has designated the Bundy Ranch a no-fly zone, preventing access by news helicopters....

http://www.infowars.com/faa-designates-bundy-ranch-a-no-fly-zone/

CPUd
04-12-2014, 05:37 PM

Indeed.

Let me take the liberty of putting phillforpaul's comment in the font size it deserves:

The 2 sides sitting down and talking was also important. Though it probably wouldn't have happened without all the people there.

tangent4ronpaul
04-12-2014, 05:40 PM

FOX just reported that people had been streaming in all day and there were now about 1,000 there and many more headed there on the highway.

I bet most trucks there had a full rifle rack too.

Militias said hundreds were coming from all over the country.

The media coverage probably had a lot to do with it too.

Someone didn't want to be responsible for WACO REDUX

Bet there is a lot of bitching on police tactical forums tonight...

-t

pcosmar
04-12-2014, 05:43 PM
FOX just reported that people had been streaming in all day and there were now about 1,000 there and many more headed there on the highway.

-t

Fox is late on the story.. Militia units were there and in place yesterday.. and oh yes, more were coming.

tod evans
04-12-2014, 05:44 PM
The 2 sides sitting down and talking was also important. Though it probably wouldn't have happened without all the people there.

"Get on the floor!"

"Stop resisting!"

I've heard their talk before....

Respectful dialect with a tyrant is only had by threat of force.

pcosmar
04-12-2014, 05:45 PM

That is an understatement..
The stealth redecorating of some observation posts (with Cow Shit) might have been a consideration too.

Matt Collins
04-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Conveniently, the FAA has designated the Bundy Ranch a no-fly zone, preventing access by news helicopters....

http://www.infowars.com/faa-designates-bundy-ranch-a-no-fly-zone/

Infowars is not a reliable source... but assuming what they said is true about the no-fly-zone, good luck trying to stop a drone.

Anti Federalist
04-12-2014, 05:50 PM
Infowars is not a reliable source... but assuming what they said is true about the no-fly-zone, good luck trying to stop a drone.

The NOTAM from the FAA has already been posted in this thread.

squarepusher
04-12-2014, 05:50 PM
Now the rancher is free to kill the cows and harvest them for meat. Looks like the cows are the real loser here!

libertygrl
04-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Feds Back Down In New Bundy Standoff, Agree to Release Cattle

Epic confrontation “like something out of a movie
Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones
Infowars.com
April 12, 2014

In an epic standoff that Infowars reporter David Knight described as being like “something out of a movie,” supporters of Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy advanced on a position held by BLM agents despite threats that they would be shot at, eventually forcing BLM feds to release 100 cattle that had been stolen from Bundy as part of a land grab dispute that threatened to escalate into a Waco-style confrontation.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlC6ag-IIAEcUyE.jpg

Despite the fact that Bureau of Land Management officials agreed to cease their operation to seize Bundy’s cattle after a massive public backlash, Bundy demanded that Sheriff Douglas Gillespie disarm BLM officials and return his stolen cows.

When this didn’t happen, hundreds of Bundy supporters, including cowboys on horseback, descended on a nearby cattle pen outside of Mesquite where the seized cows were being held.

In a tense standoff, armed BLM feds, backed up by at least one SWAT team, threatened to shoot at Bundy supporters if they marched any closer to a line of vehicles.
Infowars reporter David Knight, who was at the head of the march, described the scene as like the moment from V For Vendetta when the military is forced to stand down.

Despite threats such as “one more step and you’re dead,” the protesters continued their slow march towards BLM agents as bullhorns blared.
Refusing to back down, the protesters marched straight past the armed men and towards the cattle pen.

Sheriff Gillespie eventually appeared to inform Bundy supporters that the BLM had finally caved and agreed to release the 100 cattle they had seized that were inside the pen.

After around 30 minutes, Bundy supporters saw the cattle being released about a mile away in the distance.
It cannot be overstated how much of a gargantuan victory this represents for the American people in their battle against big government tyranny.
“The people have the power when they unite,” Ammon Bundy told the Las Vegas Review Journal. “The war has just begun.”

http://www.infowars.com/feds-back-down-in-new-bundy-standoff-agree-to-release-cattle/

tangent4ronpaul
04-12-2014, 05:55 PM

Oh, nonsense. The Taliban shoot ours down sometime. And, you know - it's just like shooting birds from the sky. Like using one of those guns that shoot down Frisbees with explosive ammunition you can pick up at any gun show...

(If you can't tell, I'm making fun of the Brady campaign report on how 50 cal rifles could shoot airliners out of the sky)

-t

mad cow
04-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Now the rancher is free to kill the cows and harvest them for meat. Looks like the cows are the real loser here!

Yes,it is sad.They would have happily frolicked for their remaining years in the BLM cow retirement village.

HVACTech
04-12-2014, 06:01 PM
wow, this was REALLY nice to come home to! and yes, like another member posted. we now have a working template going forward.
something tells me.... this will NOT be the end of it.
next time, I will be ready to travel on short notice.

libertygrl
04-12-2014, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u7DL4M0Hh8

pcosmar
04-12-2014, 06:09 PM

http://blog.caplinked.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Grilled-Pepper-Steak.jpg

AuH20
04-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Is there any video of the standoff?

pcosmar
04-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Is there any video of the standoff?

Not that I have seen. The area was a "dead zone",, no Cell phones worked.
The police channel even commented that they could not reach a unit there on their Cell.
There were some Photos..and commentary on Twitter.

I hope someone has some footage that will be uploaded later.

jclay2
04-12-2014, 06:23 PM

-rep, Infowars has done more for this movement and spreading breaking info than anyone I can imagine.

twomp
04-12-2014, 06:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlC6ag-IIAEcUyE.jpg

EPIC picture!!

anaconda
04-12-2014, 07:18 PM

Another Waco (this time recorded on a few hundred cell phones and camcorders) would only shave more approval ratings from Barry. Hopefully the citizenry will keep up the pressure and visibility as this moves to the courts.

Carson
04-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Don't forget. As long as they can fire up the fake money presses and print up what ever it takes to get their way, we walk on eggshells.

HVACTech
04-12-2014, 07:56 PM
no eggshells here.
more like time to form "Liberty response teams"
this game is NOT over, by a longshot.
and now I understand the meaning of the term "Minutemen"

Matt Collins
04-12-2014, 08:15 PM
-rep, Infowars has done more for this movement and spreading breaking info than anyone I can imagine.
Except that they get it wrong half the time either through being sloppy, jumping to conclusions, conjecture, hyperbole, or simply just flat out inaccurate misleading information. The other half of the time they are dead on, the problem is being able to discern which half is which.

Carson
04-12-2014, 08:18 PM
no eggshells here.
more like time to form "Liberty response teams"
this game is NOT over, by a longshot.
and now I understand the meaning of the term "Minutemen"

More power too you.

brushfire
04-12-2014, 08:26 PM
They will wait for the crowd to dissipate, the buzz to die down, and then they will make a house call.

http://www.therealcuba.com/Elianraid4.jpg

jclay2
04-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Except that they get it wrong half the time either through being sloppy, jumping to conclusions, conjecture, hyperbole, or simply just flat out inaccurate misleading information. The other half of the time they are dead on, the problem is being able to discern which half is which.

I will make sure to direct people away from Drudge/Infowars and instead make sure that any information is sourced directly from reliable MSM sources.

RPtotheWH
04-12-2014, 09:08 PM
They will wait for the crowd to dissipate, the buzz to die down, and then they will make a house call.

http://www.therealcuba.com/Elianraid4.jpg

Then perhaps the militia will begin making house calls to federal agents..

francisco
04-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by tod evans

Apropos the above, a good time to repost the following:

"The Gun Is Civilization"

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.

The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed] mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat - it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.

People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser.

People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal force, watch too much TV where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier, works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.

The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply would not work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... And that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act!!

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced !!

This is worth printing and sharing with others.......right?

Remember freedom is not free.

Carson
04-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Quote from francisco's post above.

"When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone."

That's golden.

FloralScent
04-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Militias said hundreds were coming from all over the country.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a Federal building in the next couple months. Those things tend to get false-flagged when the peasants get uppity.

Carlybee
04-12-2014, 10:04 PM
I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a Federal building in the next couple months. Those things tend to get false-flagged when the peasants get uppity.

I was just thinking get ready for the govt to try and designate militia members as homegrown terrorists again.

Weston White
04-12-2014, 10:15 PM
What is the next-step, calling for Harry Reid to resign via letter writing campaign? (I would tend to think that he shot himself in the foot on this overreach.)

donnay
04-13-2014, 05:44 AM
What is the next-step, calling for Harry Reid to resign via letter writing campaign? (I would tend to think that he shot himself in the foot on this overreach.)

How about the people with torches and pitchforks escort Harry to the local jail to await trial?

limequat
04-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Surely the FBI will be back with arrest warrants. I can't imagine all the laws that were just broken.
This time it won't be sloppy 20 y/o BLM agents holding yellow tasers. It took the good guys about 1 week to show up this time. What happens when all the Bundy's are in jail?
Will the good guys storm a federal prison???

tod evans
04-13-2014, 08:47 AM

Prisons are designed to keep people in..........

Carlybee
04-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Surely the FBI will be back with arrest warrants. I can't imagine all the laws that were just broken.
This time it won't be sloppy 20 y/o BLM agents holding yellow tasers. It took the good guys about 1 week to show up this time. What happens when all the Bundy's are in jail?

Nah..they wouldn't be above board about it. More like someone would have an unfortunate accident. They don't want any more publicity.

limequat
04-13-2014, 09:18 AM
Nah..they wouldn't be above board about it. More like someone would have an unfortunate accident. They don't want any more publicity.

Clive Bundy has 16 kids. It would have be one nasty and conspicuous accident. I don't think the public would buy something that nasty.

Carlybee
04-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Clive Bundy has 16 kids. It would have be one nasty and conspicuous accident. I don't think the public would buy something that nasty.

Wow...that's quite a legacy.

JK/SEA
04-13-2014, 09:29 AM
everyone involved in the skirmish need to lay low now. No interviews etc...

let the dust die down. We need to see whats coming next....and prepare.

Carson
04-13-2014, 09:40 AM
everyone involved in the skirmish need to lay low now. No interviews etc...

let the dust die down. We need to see whats coming next....and prepare.

Or a parade.

libertygrl
04-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Infowars.com
April 13, 2014

In an epic standoff that Infowars reporter David Knight described as being like “something out of a movie,” supporters of Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy advanced on a position held by BLM agents despite threats that they would be shot at, eventually forcing BLM feds to release 100 cattle that had been stolen from Bundy as part of a land grab dispute that threatened to escalate into a Waco-style confrontation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD61YFxUga4&list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg

NoOneButPaul
04-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Or a parade.

Seriously why do we never take even a second to bask in victory....

Hmmm... that was nice....

Alright, back to preparing for their return.
:toady:

Tod
04-13-2014, 02:27 PM
I how long it took for the gooberment to facial id every one of the protesters and how soon before all those protesters get audited by the IRS?

Pericles
04-13-2014, 07:52 PM
I was just thinking get ready for the govt to try and designate militia members as homegrown terrorists again.

hard for them to do that without lifting the media blackout on this whole incident.

AuH20
04-13-2014, 07:54 PM
hard for them to do that without lifting the media blackout on this whole incident.

Nothing ever happened. :)

PRB
04-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Good, so there won't be another Waco anniversary next Saturday. And we can all have a happy Easter Sunday.

Carlybee
04-13-2014, 09:07 PM

They will just control the message

pcosmar
04-13-2014, 10:29 PM
They will just control the message

They will try.

But if you look at the news stories,, they backed down due to armed resistance.

And that is the story.

Carson
04-13-2014, 10:59 PM
I think I just saw them do something on a different Nevada rancher with the same sort of water trouble.

ClydeCoulter
04-13-2014, 11:01 PM
I think I just saw them do something on a different Nevada rancher with the same sort of water trouble.

Where? What?

PRB
04-13-2014, 11:07 PM
They will try.

And that is the story.

Government doesn't want bloodshed? there's gotta be a deeper conspiracy to this publicity stunt!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Government doesn't want bloodshed?

Not when it might be their own blood.

Origanalist
04-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Good, so there won't be another Waco anniversary next Saturday. And we can all have a happy Easter Sunday.

It's still a little early to call that.

PRB
04-14-2014, 12:29 AM

maybe they need to hire some Academi or military people who obviously don't care

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-14-2014, 04:12 AM
I know this is not over by a long shot but today is the first time in a long time that I have honestly felt proud of my countrymen.

nobody's_hero
04-14-2014, 03:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iayVoKJbRNo

NorthCarolinaLiberty
04-14-2014, 04:38 PM
maybe they need to hire some Academi or military people who obviously don't care

I'd say you've hit the crux of the issue, which is hiring people for pay. There is a big difference between gov agents doing this for a pension, and Bundy supporters who are supporting without pay. The Bundy supporters are not only NOT paid, but they are actually spending their own money.

You had paid people with pensions threatening the people who are spending their own money. You tell me who was more courageous on Saturday.

You will, of course, see the paid pensioners back with a vengeance, but only when they can assure their virtual 100% safety with their utmost resources.

It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out in the coming years, especially that there is now a chink in the armor. It's a small chink in the grand scheme of things for sure; however, a 50+ year declining America, a collapsing economy, disappearing pensions, etc. will make a lot of government employees and others think long and hard why they continue with their endeavor.

Lucille
04-14-2014, 06:21 PM
http://twitchy.com/2014/04/14/time-mags-michael-grunwald-worst-thing-obamas-done-if-radical-ranchers-allowed-to-scare-off-feds/

Yep, that's the worst thing he's done according to that "journalist." Not Kill List Tuesday, not expanding Bush's wars, not spying on everyone on the planet all the time, not printing money like it's going out of style to benefit the banksters, not his big fascist medical system, but letting the Bundys scare off the feds.

Austrian Econ Disciple
04-14-2014, 06:45 PM
http://twitchy.com/2014/04/14/time-mags-michael-grunwald-worst-thing-obamas-done-if-radical-ranchers-allowed-to-scare-off-feds/

Yep, that's the worst thing he's done according to that "journalist." Not Kill List Tuesday, not expanding Bush's wars, not spying on everyone on the planet all the time, not printing money like it's going out of style to benefit the banksters, not his big fascist medical system, but letting the Bundys scare off the feds.

To the Ultra-Nationalist, this is the gravest sin that cannot be allowed at all costs. To the gallows, ye' scum!

ItsTime
04-14-2014, 06:49 PM
That is why new media is so important.

http://benswann.com/exclusive-sources-inside-the-blm-and-las-vegas-metro-say-feds-are-planning-a-raid-on-bundy-home/

Contribute to his Indiegogo if you can
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/truth-in-media-project-season-2

LibertyEagle
04-14-2014, 07:00 PM
To the Ultra-Nationalist, this is the gravest sin that cannot be allowed at all costs. To the gallows, ye' scum!

Oh bullshit. Loving your country does not lead to that. In fact, it leads to what exactly happened. The encroachers got run off.

Now, internationalists, on the other hand, probably would applaud the government.

FloralScent
04-14-2014, 07:21 PM

There are no nationalists at Time magazine.

Carson
04-14-2014, 07:27 PM

I never knew anyone in the military that didn't care.

I grew up in what was pretty much a military town in the fifties and sixties and they were some solid people. I don't think things have changed that much. Not with the people.

Now the press on the other hand.:D

Carson
04-14-2014, 07:37 PM

Where? What?

Late Sunday on Fox. The story was they were after his water. He was working in and around the Toiyabe National Forest.

Lou Dobbs just did a big thing on Bundy. He had guest on and I suspect he will have more to share on the topic. Most of his listeners thought if they put some effort into upholding our immigration laws there wouldn't be any problem on the southern border.

Right now this links to a video of the piece I think. I pretty sure the link will be updated tomorrow.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/lou-dobbs-tonight/index.html

P.S. Actually it went to something dated on the 11th. He has something more recent that shows the standoff.

Jingles
04-14-2014, 08:56 PM
How have people you've encountered been reacting to the situation. I've only been hearing positive things about it.

My manager at work brought it up to me today and told me how awesome it was. I watched the other dude I work with was smile as he watched the videos. I said, "Imagine if this happened every time the Feds did something". They both smiled at me in a way of showing awe and excitement; like they were saying, "Just think of the possibilities!"

Point being, we need more stuff like this. Not that this is a good situation for Bundy to be in... but it sure brings up my spirits to see stuff like this go our way and those of those who are usually disinterested in politics.

Pericles
04-14-2014, 09:06 PM
They will try.

And that is the story.

That is the story. An armed population has its rights respected when willing to defend those rights.

The government monopoly on violence meme and the you can't fight against the government with an AR notion got sent to Davy Jones' locker.

The only way not to be aware of that is to pretend this never happened.

LibertyEagle
04-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Beck is really trying to spin it. It's pretty disgusting what he's doing.

GunnyFreedom
04-14-2014, 09:17 PM
Beck is really trying to spin it. It's pretty disgusting what he's doing.

Sounds like he's playing the super-pacifist. It probably comes from a 'once bitten twice shy' thing where the liberals keep trying to connect him to right wing violence. I'm not trying to defend him, I'm just saying that I don't think his positions have ever, truly, been rational. He's just a flotsam floating in the ocean currents. He's been pushed all the way to one side and now the stream breaks and off he goes. He could even be taking the wrong position intentionally so people will remember him as 'the pacifist' when to people informed it just comes off cowardly. Or, as I've said before he could simply be insane and following his own path through the wilderness. Most probably, the last thing.

pcosmar
04-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Sounds like he's playing the super-pacifist. It probably comes from a 'once bitten twice shy' thing where the liberals keep trying to connect him to right wing violence. I'm not trying to defend him, I'm just saying that I don't think his positions have ever, truly, been rational. He's just a flotsam floating in the ocean currents. He's been pushed all the way to one side and now the stream breaks and off he goes. He could even be taking the wrong position intentionally so people will remember him as 'the pacifist' when to people informed it just comes off cowardly. Or, as I've said before he could simply be insane and following his own path through the wilderness. Most probably, the last thing.

I think (as I have said before) that he is a Professional Propagandist.

though "Honey, Honey, Poison" works too.

klamath
04-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Sounds like he's playing the super-pacifist. It probably comes from a 'once bitten twice shy' thing where the liberals keep trying to connect him to right wing violence. I'm not trying to defend him, I'm just saying that I don't think his positions have ever, truly, been rational. He's just a flotsam floating in the ocean currents. He's been pushed all the way to one side and now the stream breaks and off he goes. He could even be taking the wrong position intentionally so people will remember him as 'the pacifist' when to people informed it just comes off cowardly. Or, as I've said before he could simply be insane and following his own path through the wilderness. Most probably, the last thing.I think it is unstablity. I have never seen him except for a few early clips people posted and think very little about him. I can respect but not agree with a pacifist but not one that wants to nuke Iran.

GunnyFreedom
04-14-2014, 09:31 PM
I think (as I have said before) that he is a Professional Propagandist.

though "Honey, Honey, Poison" works too.

No way, it's too chaotic and disordered. His thing is 'sick,' not 'agenda.'

GunnyFreedom
04-14-2014, 09:36 PM
I think it is unstablity. I have never seen him except for a few early clips people posted and think very little about him. I can respect but not agree with a pacifist but not one that wants to nuke Iran.

Yeah, he's broken in the head. 100% bought into the monopoly on force, and gives a kind of automatic righteousness to the force-monopolizer. Such people were king-lovers back in the day, even when they hated the King. They would be loyalists for a cause that they hated, the King's cause because he was a king. But the King can go take countries willy-nilly, because he is a king, and Beck is a king lover. They have the monopoly on force, therefore they must be right.