PDA

View Full Version : Cops accused of dragging teen onto train tracks to cover up beating that left him paralyzed...

green73
04-11-2014, 10:02 AM
BROWNSVILLE — Karen Fludd wants to know the truth about how her 17-year-old son became a quadriplegic and eventually died after NYPD officers stopped him for fare-beating one night last May.

The Red Hook mother said she has received very little information about what transpired — but what she does know is her son’s version of events involves accusations of excessive force and widely diverges from the vague account police gave her.

The police told her that on May 5, 2013, four officers spotted her son, Deion Fludd, and his girlfriend squeezing through a turnstile at the Rockaway Avenue station in Brownsville on a single MetroCard swipe. After the officers asked for their identifications and began to make an arrest, Deion fled, running onto the C train tracks, the police told her.

Karen, 48, said police told her that after her son took off, a subway train clipped him, fracturing his skull and two parts of his spine, according to police.

But before he died from his injuries on July 12, 2013, Deion gave his mother a blow-by-blow account that didn’t involve a subway train.

cont.
http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20140411/brownsville/nypd-accused-of-excessive-force-arrest-that-left-teen-quadriplegic

Nirvikalpa
04-11-2014, 10:32 AM
I guess a $2.50 subway ride is worth a life to the NYPD.

Anti Federalist
04-11-2014, 04:03 PM
But were the officers OK?

thoughtomator
04-11-2014, 04:05 PM
I guess a $2.50 subway ride is worth a life to the NYPD.

It is, which is why I no longer live in New York City and will never go back there.

DamianTV
04-11-2014, 04:10 PM
The fact that this is tolerated by so many is the most disturbing thing about this article. So many do not care anything about anyone else, as long as they get theirs.

mrsat_98
04-11-2014, 04:13 PM
I thought itwas common knowledge that if you run they will beat your ass and lie about. According to a family member that is now retired DPD they want people to know this.

JK/SEA
04-11-2014, 04:16 PM
But were the officers OK?

oh yeah...they were just fine, just fine...

Anti Federalist
09-03-2015, 07:49 PM
MN cops should have learned this trick