PDA

View Full Version : Students protest Confederate flag ban at Waldron high school

RonPaulFanInGA
04-10-2014, 08:30 PM
http://www.4029tv.com/news/students-protest-confederate-flag-ban-at-waldron-high-school/25396590

A controversy in Waldron led to a parade of Confederate flags Tuesday evening to protest a ban implemented by officials at Waldron High School.

Students who displayed the Confederate flag flying on the back of their pickup trucks were asked by school officials to remove them while on school property.

The superintendent, Gary Wayman, said there have been complaints and some consider the display "offensive." Wayman said the students were flying the Confederate flags from the back of poles attached to their trucks.

There were mixed feelings among students and others who gathered Tuesday to fly a parade of flags in protest.

Dakota Sims, an organizer of the parade in response to the ban, told 40/29 News "It's America, this is a free state. Like that flag represents freedom. Just like that American flag represents freedom. People died for both of them. Why not fly both of them?"

Christian Liberty
04-10-2014, 08:55 PM
I don't actually get offended by the US flag, but in objective terms the USA has destroyed more lives than the CSA, so the double standard there is just absurd.

Paulbot99
04-10-2014, 11:40 PM
I have mixed feelings about the flag, but I support students' right to fly it.

jclay2
04-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Is it just me, or am I the only one that associates the confederate flag with the Gadsden Flag?

oyarde
04-11-2014, 12:08 AM
It is , more or less a battle flag , while it has no significance to me , one way or the other ..... if they were my sons or grand sons I would discourage it . I would offer them instead a Gadsden Flag , :) or my black flag . People certainly have the right to use whatever flag they wish , they also should be smart enough to know what others may think. I do not think children know much of battle , death , maiming, nor do I think most would ever be brave enough to stand and take it . The men who originally used that flag did . So , in a way , it is kind of disrespectful to everyone ..... those who bleed and died , those who were under ownership and these children who have never experienced any of these hardships . Do what they wish , they are not wise , nor hard enough to do what will come .Pfft .

oyarde
04-11-2014, 12:13 AM
Is it just me, or am I the only one that associates the confederate flag with the Gadsden Flag?

No , I do not .

oyarde
04-11-2014, 12:30 AM
You see , if you have never risked your neck , your home , your family , your future , and are not prepared to do so . you disrespect those who came before you who did , that is a very improper way to remember. Very disrespectful , That is only my opinion. As a young man , you should only be preparing.

oyarde
04-11-2014, 12:36 AM
If you really want to stand in line , take some Arty and balls , then you can fly whatever the fuck you like nobody will bother you to the end , if not , crack a book , learn something , make me a new Lematt.

AlexAmore
04-11-2014, 06:48 AM
The Civil War was about the north f'ing over the south with tariffs. Both the north and the south had slaves, but they made their money in very different ways and this is what it was all about, as always. No way would hundreds of thousands of racists of the north fight and die for black freedom back then.

http://www.emarotta.com/protective-tariffs-the-primary-cause-of-the-civil-war/
http://www.ashevilletribune.com/archives/censored-truths/Morrill%20Tariff.html

FloralScent
04-11-2014, 07:02 AM

You are not alone. The 'civil war' was nothing less than the 2nd American Revolution and this is the only reason my flag is demonized. It represents an almost successful, organized "fuck you" to the empire.

FloralScent
04-11-2014, 07:05 AM
The Civil War was about the north f'ing over the south with tariffs. Both the north and the south had slaves, but they made their money in very different ways and this is what it was all about, as always. No way would hundreds of thousands of racists of the north fight and die for black freedom back then.

http://www.emarotta.com/protective-tariffs-the-primary-cause-of-the-civil-war/
http://www.ashevilletribune.com/archives/censored-truths/Morrill%20Tariff.html

Very true; whole Union regiments deserted because of the Emancipation Proclamation.

Snew
04-11-2014, 09:49 AM
I have mixed feelings about the flag, but I support students' right to fly it.

This; I don't care for the CSA flag/CSA pride stuff at all, but they can do whatever the heck they want. Doesn't bother me.

Tywysog Cymru
04-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Well, people should have the legal right to fly whatever flag they want on private property. That said, schools are allowed to maintain dress codes, correct? Does Waldron have a history of bad race relations? Most of the South does. The school has every right to ban the rebel flag on their property. I would never personally fly the stars and bars because of what it represents to millions of people. I probably wouldn't fly an American flag in Iraq either.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-11-2014, 06:11 PM
This; I don't care for the CSA flag/CSA pride stuff at all, but they can do whatever the heck they want. Doesn't bother me.

Like it or not, the Confederacy was responsible for the largest domestic resistance to the U.S. Federal Government's authority in American history. They lost, yeah, but many more Federal soldiers died than Confederate.

Cabal
04-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Dakota Sims, an organizer of the parade in response to the ban, told 40/29 News "It's America, this is a free state. Like that flag represents freedom. Just like that American flag represents freedom. People died for both of them. Why not fly both of them?"

I lol'd

Tywysog Cymru
04-11-2014, 06:51 PM
I lol'd

I know, both of the flags=double the freedom!